Loving It, L-O-V-I-N-G it ...But, err, he was off his line

Deodato

Like many of you, watching highlights now. But let's get to it. If I freeze the penalty here, that looks to me like he was off his line. 

The rules: 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked. He did not. 

When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line. The photo clearly shows the ball has not been kicked and his left foot is half a yard in front of the line.

Serbia should be gutted but I am hitting the bottle of Mortloch that's on the shelf. For once, for bloody once. we got the luck of the draw. 

I was at Strathclyde University Barony Bar for the Scotland Brazil game in 1998. That was so long ago I could actually handle my drink back then. 

Eumir Deodato

image.png.4ae12af0f81306badfeb06d1ea9e3d82.png

Just now, Deodato said:

Like many of you, watching highlights now. But let's get to it. If I freeze the penalty here, that looks to me like he was off his line. 

The rules: 

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked. He did not. 

When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line. The photo clearly shows the ball has not been kicked and his left foot is half a yard in front of the line.

Serbia should be gutted but I am hitting the bottle of Mortloch that's on the shelf. For once, for bloody once. we got the luck of the draw. 

I was at Strathclyde University Barony Bar for the Scotland Brazil game in 1998. That was so long ago I could actually handle my drink back then. 

Eumir Deodato

What about all our pens, did their goalie stay on his line? I might be wrong but I doubt it.

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Deodato said:

The rules: 

Eumir Deodato

Er no. If the rule requires only one foot to be on the line, his right foot is and he’s fine.

Part of his foot is touching the Goal line in that picture.

Therefore, correct decision. 

I stand corrected: When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line.

But has a pause-play check of this whilst YouTube have it up - it is dubious. I mean it is really dubious. 

No he wasn’t.

And even if he was WHO FECKING CARES WE JUST MADE A FINALS FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I WAS 3 YEARS OLD.

Never ever had a high like this watching Scotland and theres nothing taking it away.

Just now, obua said:

To be fair he was a bit worried himself, he stopped and almost begged with the ref to confirm it was a good save.

I know - it's hard to get a decent shot from the YouTube clip as its fuzzy but the right foot is so close. 

A wonderful save, I mean a top drawer effort under insane pressure but in the EPL that would have been held up for VAR and most of us would have had a heart attack waiting for the decision. 

When you see the Slo-mo his right foot is still on the line as the ball comes into view. Which, of course, is after the ball has been kicked. 

Just now, Tazio said:

When you see the Slo-mo his right foot is still on the line as the ball comes into view. Which, of course, is after the ball has been kicked. 

Can you put a photo up Tazio. I tried but it wouldn't allow me. 

Watching highlights now - he put in an amazing save at 113 minutes too. 

Just now, Deodato said:

Can you put a photo up Tazio. I tried but it wouldn't allow me. 

Watching highlights now - he put in an amazing save at 113 minutes too. 

I don’t have a photo but I did stare very hard at the telly when the showed the replay, mainly because of Marshall’s reaction after the save making me wonder. 

22 minutes ago, Deodato said:

The rules: 

Eumir Deodato

Right foot is ok....imo

Just now, Tazio said:

I don’t have a photo but I did stare very hard at the telly when the showed the replay, mainly because of Marshall’s reaction after the save making me wonder. 

He got a hand to one of those penaltys and a baw hair away from another - incredible. 

36 minutes ago, Deodato said:

The rules: 

Eumir Deodato

Ffs

44 minutes ago, Deodato said:

The rules: 

Eumir Deodato

What a load of rubbish ..... should have gone to Specsavers ..... right foot clearly on the line ... no doubt whatsoever ....

18th June wembelee.... 

19 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Wouldn't have went to pen if Sir Gordon was No.1 tonight.

He wouldn’t have got down for the save it extra time so you’re right. 

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The ball wasn't on the line for their corner. 

Weirdly I thought that too and why the ref was taking ages.

11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He wouldn’t have got down for the save it extra time so you’re right. 

Would have tipped their goal over the bar, easy.

Didn't think I would be but actually buzzing!

My phone was going nuts, with messages etc from all my Hibs, Celtic, rangers pals... Was class everyone behind the same team.

Well done scotland

Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

You can't say that he would have.

Marshall has been class for Scotland and deservedly no.1.

3 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Watch the Harry Kane equaliser at hampden. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Hero.  He’s an absolute hero. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Watch the Harry Kane equaliser at hampden. 

Don't. Part of me still hasn't forgiven him for not coming out and smashing Kane. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Don't. Part of me still hasn't forgiven him for not coming out and smashing Kane. :laugh:

All is forgiven now man man.  Doesn’t matter we are there! 🍺

Hackney Hearts

Brilliant (and clearly legitimate) save.

Justice tbf, because we dominated 89 minutes of normal time. Should have been 2 or 3 up.

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Brilliant (and clearly legitimate) save.

Justice tbf, because we dominated 89 minutes of normal time. Should have been 2 or 3 up.

Who would ever thought anyone would be able to describe a Scotland performance against a very good nation ever? 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You can't say he wouldn't have.

• cosanostra locked this topic