Halliday and Open Goal

Neil Dongcaster

Neil Dongcaster

Great seeing him on the podcast, however I can’t help feel being sat next to that Paul Slane is a covid dose just waiting to happen. I can’t imagine they test on that show as they do on Rogan etc.

1 minute ago, benny said:

He had a great argument with Ferry on the show the other day.

What was it about I have not got time to watch the full video or if you know what time it happened at I will watch it from then ? 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hearts need to speak to Halliday about his swearing on that podcast. He's playing for a Gentleman's Club now. 

A footballer swearing, whatever next, golfers do it as well , sky forever apologising , mind you a missed putt can be worth thousands of pounds.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

A footballer swearing, whatever next, golfers do it as well , sky forever apologising , mind you a missed putt can be worth thousands of pounds.

Standards. If you're OK with it then that's up to you. It's not a good look and I expect Hearts players to conduct themselves better. 

39 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Standards. If you're OK with it then that's up to you. It's not a good look and I expect Hearts players to conduct themselves better. 

Thought you were joking at first. 

"A gentleman's club" LOL

Get over yourself. 

Edited by Batistuta87

41 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Where did i say i was ok with it, 

Allowayjambo1874

The chance to hear what a current hearts first team player thinks about various issues in Scottish football as well as listening to self confessed Jambo Kevin Kyle and some are upset because there is swearing (or faux snobbery around strong accents). 

Get over yourself, the show is top notch, if you don’t like it don’t watch it.  

2 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

The chance to hear what a current hearts first team player thinks about various issues in Scottish football as well as listening to self confessed Jambo Kevin Kyle and some are upset because there is swearing (or faux snobbery around strong accents). 

👍👍👍👍👍

11 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

This its breath of fresh air along with A view from the terrace.  Years of listening to chick young makes you appreciate it

11 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I listen to the podcast and there's times when they're all talking over each other and it's difficult to make them out it's just a noise. Aside from that it's decent especially big Kev. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

I’d concern yourself first with your conduct on here. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I listen to the podcast and there's times when they're all talking over each other and it's difficult to make them out it's just a noise. Aside from that it's decent especially big Kev. 

That’s fair but let’s be honest it’s like sitting with your mates in the pub. As Jambo92 says years of listening to mind-numbing  banal garbage from Chic Young has meant that loads of football fans from all clubs will have been desperate for a show like this.  The boys have got great chemistry and speak honestly about what they think. 

Personally I just cannot stand the great ‘I’m offended’ brigade that appear in modern society for the least thing. Apparently everyone in the Diggers, Merchie, Gorgie Social Club, Bar 1874, Strattys, Tynie Arms & BMC speak perfect queens English and never swear, especially when discussing football. 

Imagine greeting about a bit of swearing :rofl:

What a player does in his own time is their businesses so long as it doesn’t shine badly on the club or affect the players ability to perform on the park. I doubt a bit of bad language on a podcast is doing that. 

14 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

That’s fair but let’s be honest it’s like sitting with your mates in the pub. As Jambo92 says years of listening to mind-numbing  banal garbage from Chic Young has meant that loads of football fans from all clubs will have been desperate for a show like this.  The boys have got great chemistry and speak honestly about what they think. 

Personally I just cannot stand the great ‘I’m offended’ brigade that appear in modern society for the least thing. Apparently everyone in the Diggers, Merchie, Gorgie Social Club, Bar 1874, Strattys, Tynie Arms & BMC speak perfect queens English and never swear, especially when discussing football. 

Should be an apostrophe in "queen's"...

😛

14 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I'm not knocking it mate but there's times when someone is talking and you want to hear the end of it and you miss it.

If swearing offends anyone then I'm thinking listening to football players is probably not for them.

3 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hearts need to speak to Halliday about his swearing on that podcast. He's playing for a Gentleman's Club now. 

How did you feel about the swearing in the first part of the documentary on Monday? Furious letter to Ann on its way?

Weakened Offender
9 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

How did you feel about the swearing in the first part of the documentary on Monday? Furious letter to Ann on its way?

I'm not watching that shite, thanks for asking. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

"A gentleman's club" LOL

Get over yourself. 

HMFC are a Gentleman's Club. Although some, as evidenced here, slip through the net. 😉

Allowayjambo1874
19 minutes ago, Haken said:

Should be an apostrophe in "queen's"...

😛

Well played sir 👏👏👏

love it 👍👍😂

Weakened Offender
58 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

I do like it actually (apart from Halliday's swearing), Kevin Kyle is great on it and he can swear on it all he wants as he is no longer employed by HMFC. 👍

18 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Can’t stand Paul Slane. Si Ferry one on one interviews are great but the group stuff is pretty crap in my opinion. 

Slane is alright from time to time but I think if they wanted to go to the next level they need to pie him off . Si is alright but more into winding up slane Big Kev is the best out the three of them!

24 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Can’t stand Paul Slane. Si Ferry one on one interviews are great but the group stuff is pretty crap in my opinion. 

Same here. A shite footballer who's made a reputation for being a 'lad'. He's seriously unfunny, and I can't stand his ****ing accent.

Si Ferry interviews are good though.

4 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

You're a .

Wtf 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Paul slane is the most popular member of the crew on there. Si Ferry has even said himself that Slaney has took it to another level.

He’s a prick who has dragged down the quality of the show.

In my humble opinion :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

"A gentleman's club" LOL

Get over yourself. 

2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I’d concern yourself first with your conduct on here. 

👏 

2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

This its breath of fresh air along with A view from the terrace.  Years of listening to chick young makes you appreciate it

This is where I am.  Decades of media pandering to the Old Firm.  These two shows are for normal football fans, whether you like the hosts or not.  There's always a faux superiority with some folk when it comes to these shows, which i've never understood. I don't slate shows I don't like, because I don't watch them once i've made my mind up.

Lol , you wanna spend an hour or two at training , with the lads and most definately in the changing rooms. It would out Jonno to shame

airdriejambo3
3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

What was it about I have not got time to watch the full video or if you know what time it happened at I will watch it from then ? 

They had an argument whether Scott McTomanay was good enough to play for Man United and Ferry said he was unable and has never made a forward pass. Probably about 15 mins from the end.

Open Goal and “breath of fresh air” in the same sentence 😂😂. They’ve become a parody of themselves lately. Saying on this pod that people listen to them cause they are real and keep things fresh whilst singing the Andy Considine tune for 800000th time, making a joke about Amsterdam for the 800000th time, the Jet and big Kev for the 8000000th time, Gary Holt the bus driver for the 8000000th time, curly toe Craigan, George Slane, slaney’s spots, Si’s lips, Kev’s belly..........I love all the open goal podcasts but my god they are becoming as boring and predictable as the rest of the main stream media they are so desperate to be different from. The jokes are as stale as only an excuse. 

As for Andy appearing on it, I don’t really mind whilst we are winning. Big Kev tested positive for covid two weeks ago and luckily it didn’t effect us as a club. That being said, he’s on that show once a week plus once a week on the radio, seems like an unnecessary risk IMO. 

Weakened Offender
30 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lol , you wanna spend an hour or two at training , with the lads and most definately in the changing rooms. It would out Jonno to shame

Swearing in training and in the dressing room is fine. They're grown men in an adult environment. 

Swearing on the telly or on podcasts is unacceptable whilst employed by HMFC, despite what the skanky toerags on this thread think. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

18 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

They had an argument whether Scott McTomanay was good enough to play for Man United and Ferry said he was unable and has never made a forward pass. Probably about 15 mins from the end.

Cheers man I will have a listen to it later on when I get a minute. 

Haringshairband
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Swearing in training and in the dressing room is fine. They're grown men in an adult environment. 

Swearing on the telly or on podcasts is unacceptable whilst employed by HMFC, despite what the skanky toerags on this thread think. 

**** off

adambraejambo

HMFC are a Gentleman's Club. Although some, as evidenced here, slip through the net. 😉

You got a point.  Mean I positive i heard McPhee say the F word on That BBC programme. Look what happened to him he was soon replaced just 2 mins later. I glad we taking it seriously😇

Hate to say but I enjoyed the McGeady slot a few weeks back.

The part where he described his relationship with Strachan was great viewing.

He also told Ferry that Conner was lying about certain things as well.