Only an Excuse

Locky

Салатные палочки

Should have finished with the 1998 World Cup song they did the night before the Brazil game. 

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Still full of wink-wink-mildly-sectarian West Coast pish. 

By the way, that absolutely shite gorilla sketch was on Only an Excuse in 2009:

They cannae even be arsed to make current content, just recycle pish that wasn't funny in the first place and claim it's some sort of highlight. 

Thank **** this shite is being canned. 

That was brilliant, and so was the pump 2 sketch. Some folk need to talk the pole oot their arses. 

Must be at least a decade since I last watched it, even then it had been mince for years.  It was funny when it started but started to run out of steam probably near 20 years ago.  

Seen the last half an hour. Were Hearts mentioned at all in the first half? I'll not bother watching the other half if so.

The show was all Frank McAveny, Old Firm etc pish...

Had a laugh at the old Sons of Larkhall sketch from 2007 or whenever it was.

Don't think there was any hearts sketches. 

Thanks for the laughs oae.   It has ran its course though.   Time for a new show.    No doubt some upto date modernised shite.  

☺ 

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

That was brilliant, and so was the pump 2 sketch. Some folk need to talk the pole oot their arses. 

Come on man, that was pish 11 years ago and it was pish now. 

It was the canned laughter that made it shite, it was just totally unnecessary.  Play the sketch out without playing artificial laughter, unless you know it's not likely to get any without it. 

Christ, if those were the best sketches, imagine the shite they didn't pick.

I'm sure it was great in its day, but it's not been its day for years. 

The material is there. I'm sure between us we could write a 30 minute sketch show just about Hearts, and that's before you open it up to the other teams. 

Early OAE was great. 
Yes it’s been of dubious quality more recently but there are less characters about. 

It’s the sort of show that should have returned to radio or was better when it was a short segment on Tam Cowan’s show.

Would add - Jonathan Watson is vastly underrated as an actor. 

SectionDJambo

That review only confirmed that it was a Celtic/Rangers “comedy” show, with the occasional snippet to include other clubs or the national team.

It has had it’s moments over the years but is long past it’s sell by date.

Walter Smith thinks that anyone who doesn’t find it funny has something wrong with them? I would tend to think the reverse is true.

Never saw it, but saw the latter part of the tribute show.   Pretty much everyone saying it was brilliant, and everyone loved it, because it was an equal amount of Rangers and Celtic, so it brought everyone together, or pish along those lines. 

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Forgot to record it.😀

You need a gadget that has iPlayer Harry.....

You've 29 days to watch.

:)

20210101_122238.jpg

Edited by DETTY29

On 11/11/2020 at 13:08, fancy a brew said:

Bad news for the folk that don't find it funny, but watch it anyway so they can start every year

:seething:

Tbh I thought it had been cancelled years ago.