• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Herbert.

• A_A wehatethehibs

pettigrewsstylist

Lets see if we can put 3 or 4 performances like last night, together, back to back, before we award the medals.

Would be a great relief if that happened.

Can’t see him getting back in over Popescu after last night. I hope when he calls it a day the club offer him a coaching role because he’s been a great servant and had a really good career up here, down south & for Scotland. It hurts thinking how much that injury totally robbed him of his last few years at top level because if not for that I really think he’d still be our colossus, but he’s just not the same player he was before and he shouldn’t be playing for us unless it’s an emergency. 

Popescu was excellent last night. Never put a foot wrong. Won every header, every tackle, countless interceptions and never misplaced a pass. Deserves to keep his place and it may be that he can become 1st choice but time will tell on that. 

Doesn't change the fact we still need a top notch Centerhalf however. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, pointon said:

Hopefully played last game for us 🤞🏻

You are right in that he is now much further down the pecking order.. i just can’t phrase it like that, I’m not averse to the odd cameo of the bench or some time in the last game of the season. He deserves our respect and a proper send of from  the club. 

How good was he when he came back? He was a rock- until that horrendous injury, which he obtained putting his body on the line trying to help his team, his boyhood team.

The club then without doubt rushed him back when he wasn’t right. And Christophe went along with it to help his team

he undoubtedly can’t play at the level we need anymore !!  but the very least he deserves is our respect.

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You are right in that he is now much further down the pecking order.. i just can’t phrase it like that, I’m not averse to the odd cameo of the bench or some time in the last game of the season. He deserves our respect and a proper send of from  the club. 

How good was he when he came back? He was a rock- until that horrendous injury, which he obtained putting his body on the line trying to help his team, his boyhood team.

The club then without doubt rushed him back when he wasn’t right. And Christophe went along with it to help his team

he undoubtedly can’t play at the level we need anymore !!  but the very least he deserves is our respect.

He has my respect and you are correct in saying he was outstanding we he returned to us from Ipswich however in the name of progress his time has come and gone

1 minute ago, bmeikle said:

I take it Michael Stewart hasn't watched many Hearts games recently?

Hearts star Berra key to Jambos’ return to the Premiership, says Michael Stewart

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6604103/hearts-berra-key-return-premiership-michael-stewart/

Proof he’s as good a pundit as he was a footballer 

Sorry I'm not blaming Berra for all our defensive troubles The whole team have defended poorly not just him.

Maybe my opinion should be in a different post but this seasons problems are due to the poor attitude of the players Boyce has scored a few but really dosent look

like he wants to be here.Robbies first promotion team would have wiped the floor with this lot ,as they all went out with good attitudes

I know its just a job to the players bur surely the honour of playing for Hearts warrants at least they try there hardest each game and if they don't play well I will still support them Todays lot are a real let down

I've just read my post and it sounds like a typical old man moan but I stick by it

On 27/01/2021 at 10:17, boag1874 said:

Can’t see him getting back in over Popescu after last night. I hope when he calls it a day the club offer him a coaching role because he’s been a great servant and had a really good career up here, down south & for Scotland. It hurts thinking how much that injury totally robbed him of his last few years at top level because if not for that I really think he’d still be our colossus, but he’s just not the same player he was before and he shouldn’t be playing for us unless it’s an emergency. 

Fine if he has an aptitude for coaching and we have a coaching vacancy. Otherwise it’s just a sympathy job for the boys type thing

4 hours ago, bmeikle said:

Hearts star Berra key to Jambos’ return to the Premiership, says Michael Stewart

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6604103/hearts-berra-key-return-premiership-michael-stewart/

Can only think he's trying to help his mate get a contract with this?

A_A wehatethehibs
10 hours ago, bmeikle said:

If Berra comes back into the team after them 2 games with & without him vs Raith, it is a jobs for the boys team selection by Neilson just as this is a jobs for the boys puff piece. 

12 hours ago, bmeikle said:

He clearly hasn’t.   Berra, sadly has been awful mostly, for a years and a half, and is finished.