• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SwindonJambo

• The Gorgie

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not sure the club need to act now Tbh. 

The of aren't in our league and there are no crowds at the football. 

Falls in the important, but not urgent category. 

6 hours ago, five wan said:

When I said now I meant to look at the issue now and have something put in place for next season.

I agree that there will not be any sizable clubs in for a few months, we need to look into this in case we draw one of the erse cheeks, hibs or aberdeen in the Scottish cup

Doctor FinnBarr

I'm more worried about the amount of Huns who make it into the home stands for games. Not really a problem with the Victims but the Huns!!! Have they bought tickets for another game to get themselves on the database or are some of our tea towel waving fans supplying them?

portobellojambo1
20 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm not sure there are many extra measures you can do to stop it.

I'm not sure if what happens is the person with the ticket places it in the machine for entry and once he/she is released to go ahead they then pass the ticket backwards for the next person in the queue. One potential way round it is to stop each person once they have passed through the entry and ask to see their ticket. If they have passed it on to someone behind them then you deny them entry.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I would happily pay £5 per month to a keep the filth out fund. If 5999 other Hearts fans signed up that would cover the ticket sales for 4 home old firm games per season and we could limit them to say 50 tickets and not lose any money in gate receipts. 50 of them could be policed very easily.

That would also leave 3000 seats empty that could be sold or given away which would be either pure profit or at the very least cover catering savings.

Why don't the 6000 fans put £5 in and we still fill the end, that would be even more money!

The financial argument for banning them is weak, unless we fill it ourselves. 

Football is also  far better with the fans and the more full football stadiums the better imo, I'd want it full of hearts fans but if we don't sell it out it makes sense to give the away team the full stand. 

Empty stands are shite imo. 

I'd like us to only give them half the roseburn and for us to fill the rest, that's my ideal situation. 

In regards to the security of the tickets, our it guys need to get on it and sort it out. 

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why don't the 6000 fans put £5 in and we still fill the end, that would be even more money!

Football is also  far better with the fans and the more full football stadiums the better imo, I'd want it full of hearts fans but if we don't sell it out it makes sense to give the away team the full stand. 

I'd like us to only give them half the roseburn and for us to fill the rest, that's my ideal situation. 

In regards to the security of the tickets, our it guys need to get on it and sort it out. 

We managed it against der hun during the last championship season, or was it less than half?

Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

We managed it against der hun during the last championship season, or was it less than half?

It was easier then because the ground was smaller. Old Main stand still in use.

gordon simpson

as a young guy never paid a penny ever to enter Easter Road would climb the wall as did hundreds of Jambos  so this is not a new thing 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It was easier then because the ground was smaller. Old Main stand still in use.

New stand hasn't made a massive difference capacity wise though.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

About half, we filled the other half. 

Remember, we have another 2/3k of capacity now v then. 

I just think it goes against sense to extend the stadium capacity, then ban said fans that would utilise it, even although I hate them. 

If we can get the fans in ourselves then I'm all for it. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

About half, we filled the other half. 

Remember, we have another 2/3k of capacity now v then. 

I just think it goes against sense to extend the stadium capacity, then ban said fans that would utilise it, even although I hate them. 

If we can get the fans in ourselves then I'm all for it. 

We were forced to replace the main stand a year early because the Council had plans for the nursery and had they gone ahead before we acted, we'd have been very limited in the type of stand we could build later. The old stand was also falling to bits and costing a lot to maintain.

I was actually at both home games v the Currants in 2014/15. They got 2 sections of the Roseburn for both, half a section of no man's land and we got 2.5. it was good to shut them up and not have to listen to their usual shite.

Edited by SwindonJambo

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Got to agree, if we're competing well and have a strong squad, then there is an argument to give them the same 5 seats they give us, but other than that. Take their money. 

Need to look at a more robust system to counter this though. Something as simple as putting a sharpie through each ticket to stop it being reused would probably help. Ripping part of it or having some sort of weird holepunch to make it clear its been used would work too. Its really not rocket science. 

I've not linked articles but in 2016-17 Celtic, Rangers and Hibs all claimed fans locked out with apparent valid tickets as the turnstyles recorded that the Roseburn was full. I don't see any counter claims from Hearts that these fans didn't have valid tickets.

A Celtic fan e.g. claimed her ticket was checked 5 times before finally not being allowed entry.

I suppose a number of factors will have been taken into account to decide how Hearts approached.

Complete overhaul of turnstile system or acceptance these things happen, Roseburn isn't above capacity and refunds offered as cheaper than complete overhaul?

I do like the option of tickets taken off if evidence of tickets being handed back, with these tickets returned to Rangers to return to correct holder if the spectator requests, or needed for follow up game if abandoned.   Probably not feasible just more a case of being awkward.

- Edit - would then be a free for all which wouldn't work and I'm sure PS would like to know where someone is sitting roughly in event of proper trouble.

Edited by DETTY29

With what I've read on here about how they bully their way in once duplicate tickets are scanned and refused whatever we do to stop it we will need to have plenty stewards willing to stand up to the screaming hoards. Do they get paid enough? possibly not!

On 12/11/2020 at 15:19, 1953 said:

With what I've read on here about how they bully their way in once duplicate tickets are scanned and refused whatever we do to stop it we will need to have plenty stewards willing to stand up to the screaming hoards. Do they get paid enough? possibly not!

This?

Just remember the way Rangers fans acted at gates at Killie.

Creating a crush and leaving stewards no option but to open gates.

Need to go back to tear off stubs.

You don't have the stub, you don't get in.

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

This?

Just remember the way Rangers fans acted at gates at Killie.

Creating a crush and leaving stewards no option but to open gates.

Need to go back to tear off stubs.

You don't have the stub, you don't get in.

Aka the Liverpool way