Rangers fans scamming their way into games

Perth to Paisley

Perth to Paisley

Hugely surprised 🙃 there wasn't front page headlines today in all the papers lambasting Rangers fans for trying to scam their way into Tynecastle.

We have suspected as much for years, but the BBC docu provided the evidence.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SwindonJambo

• The Gorgie

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Its well known the glasgow tramps do this. Hearts should set up stricter access for them, but no we just let them do it.

We don't just let them do it.

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

We don't just let them do it.

But we know it happens every game they play here, and do nothing to stop it

i hope we limit the great unwashed to one section from next season 

So why do they continuously keep doing it?

Are you seriously having a go at our club for something they tramps do?

It isn't something that we are doing that is making them scam their fellow fans. They are scummy runts who don't care about their own support and doing folk out of their own money. As shown, they keep an eye on the cctv and deal with it when they can. 

TBH, we still get the money from it, so if they want to scam their own fans, let them. 

4 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

It isn't something that we are doing that is making them scam their fellow fans. They are scummy runts who don't care about their own support and doing folk out of their own money. As shown, they keep an eye on the cctv and deal with it when they can. 

TBH, we still get the money from it, so if they want to scam their own fans, let them. 

Im not having a go at the club but its been clear for years they do this yet not extra measures to stop it.

Im not having a go at the club but its been clear for years they do this yet not extra measures to stop it.

I'm not sure there are many extra measures you can do to stop it.

12 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

It seems that barcodes can be scanned more than once. The security guy in the docu last night told his guys to watch out for tickets being tossed back over the wall for re-use. If the same bar code can indeed be scanned twice then that's extremely poor and needs to be stopped.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

It seems that barcodes can be scanned more than once. The security guy in the docu last night told his guys to watch out for tickets being tossed back over the wall for re-use. If the same bar code can indeed be scanned twice then that's extremely poor and needs to be stopped.

I was under the impression that the turnstiles stopped working but that could be when the max number allowed in happens.

Just now, Dallas Green said:

I was under the impression that the turnstiles stopped working but that could be when the max number allowed in happens.

I'm fairly sure there have been cases of Rantic fans with genuine valid tickets being denied entry due to the scummy behaviour of their fellow fans.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

I'm fairly sure there have been cases of Rantic fans with genuine valid tickets being denied entry due to the scummy behaviour of their fellow fans.

Yeah, sure there was an article in the EEN about it.

Do other clubs using the barcode scan system have this problem? (Certainly Hibs have a similar barcode turnstile).

Bazzas right boot

You think fans of a club that had a terrible disaster in their history  would have a bit more sense and decorum about them in this situation and not allow fellow fans to over fill a stand.

I've got a couple of Celtic supporting mates and they do this almost every game at Tynecastle.

Sometimes they get caught and other times they are successful.

Nothing happens to them apart from being refused entry and a wee don't do it again.

Niemi’s gloves
58 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

But do we get the money? I’d guess that we have to refund the money to anyone with a valid ticket that has not been scanned if the problem is that the ground is full. 

47 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

It seems that barcodes can be scanned more than once. The security guy in the docu last night told his guys to watch out for tickets being tossed back over the wall for re-use. If the same bar code can indeed be scanned twice then that's extremely poor and needs to be stopped.

@been here before is just going to love that one.   :lol: 

docu :facepalm:

Dagger Is Back

My view was that this was a case of the same tickets in essence being used twice to gain access, or a bar code being altered to gain access

Either way, they talked about gangway congestion which means the end result of the first paragraph is having too many fans in a stand

You can bet your bottom dollar that if there was a stadium incident causing injuries or worse, we’d be the ones that were absolutely crucified both in the media, by the authorities and potentially by the courts.

If this is still a problem it needs sorted. If that means turnstile counting as the crooked *******s come through the turnstile, so be it.

If that means lengthy queues and delays, and some of them losing out, so be it 

They can reap what they sow.

Edited by Dagger Is Back

51 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Easy way to stop it is to put a tear in the ticket or a punch hole (like they do on the trams)

Scan the barcode on the ticket and simply draw a line through it with a black Sharpie marker. Done. 
Now the barcode could still be read by the scanner but if the person on the gate sees a ticket with a marked barcode they should be told to GTF!

how long does it take to scan and swipe a pen?

Edited by Pans Jambo

3 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Easy way to stop it is to put a tear in the ticket or a punch hole (like they do on the trams)

Crikey, Some of the best ideas are the simplest.

I can only imagine this must have been absolutely rife I'm the terracing days when people didn't have to fill a defined spot in the form of a numbered seat. No barcodes or anything back then either. I was at some games v the OF in the late 80s when I thought the Gorgie Road end looked a bit full.

underwaterwoodwelder
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

You can’t scan ticket twice. Trust me it doesn’t work.

What was also  disturbing about the Security guy's comments about standing in the gangways was his passive acceptance of it as if it's a regular occurrence when if some of good suggestions posted on this thread were put into practice, it would probably stop.

Edited by SwindonJambo

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Crikey, Some of the best ideas are the simplest.

I can only imagine this must have been absolutely rife I'm the terracing days when people didn't have to fill a defined spot in the form of a numbered seat. No barcodes or anything back then either. I was at some games v the OF in the late 80s when I thought the Gorgie Road end looked a bit full.

Wouldn't know personally, I am of the pampered generation and only ever been to all seaters. When you were visiting these late 80s games I was still wet behind the ears 😊 cannot say I'm jealous, some stories my dad has told me about the terraces 🤯

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

But we know it happens every game they play here, and do nothing to stop it

i hope we limit the great unwashed to one section from next season 

This needs to be the way going forward. One section only. 

21 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

My view was that this was a case of the same tickets in essence being used twice to gain access, or a bar code being altered to gain access

Either way, they talked about gangway congestion which means the end result of the first paragraph is having too many fans in a stand

You can bet your bottom dollar that if there was a stadium incident causing injuries or worse, we’d be the ones that were absolutely crucified both in the media, by the authorities and potentially by the courts.

If this is still a problem it needs sorted. If that means turnstile counting as the crooked *******s come through the turnstile, so be it.

If that means lengthy queues and delays, and some of them losing out, so be it 

They can reap what they sow.

Alternatively, we can do this for every errant scaffy OFer. A bit harsh, but it would soon put a stop to it 👍

Dagger Is Back
23 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Alternatively, we can do this for every errant scaffy OFer. A bit harsh, but it would soon put a stop to it 👍

🤣🤣

47 minutes ago, Mort said:

First thing we should do when we go back up, is reduce the allocation of both Glasgow teams. 

1100 at very most.....

52 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

😀 

:clap:

Or eat it!  Like the cookie monster. 

For a failed attempt at trying to sort this issue out, look at the turnstiles in the away end at Easter Road.

Every single ****ing game, the turnstiles are jammed with people who scan their ticket, but the gates don't open correctly, usually due to incorrect scanning or people trying to do it too quickly. Your Barcode/QR code is then used up, and it won't scan again, but you're not through the gates.  You then have to find a steward, somewhere at the back of the queue you've just stood in for 15 minutes to reset it and try again.

I've done it myself at least 3 times, and missed kick off every single time. 

The codes should have a 60 second window where they can be used, and after that they're blocked.  That would stop them being reused, but also allow people through with their own ticket. 

Edited by tian447

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

What was also  disturbing about the Security guy's comments about standing in the gangways was his passive acceptance of it as if it's a regular occurrence when if some of good suggestions posted on this thread were put into practice, it would probably stop.

Security guy should be sacked if he thinks that's acceptance...any fans get hurt or crushed he has just incriminated himself...ps more worried about a flag..

Doctor FinnBarr

Put both arses back into their boxes as far as Tynie goes and offer only one section of the Roseburn to them. as far as ticket scamming goes, nae seat, oot.

IIRC a few Celtic fans got locked out who had valid tickets because in one way or another their tickets had been photocopied or downloaded and copied and access was gained by someone else.  

The proper ticket holder couldn't get in because once the turnstyles recorded the Roseburn as full, no-one else could get in.  As a result we ended up sending Celtic a refund to re-imburse the correct holders.  We then apparently put measures in place to fix. 

Last night didn't really identify if the 'gangway' problem was due to too many folk being in, or similar to us, Rangers has a number of away fans who decide that they just do as they please, go to whatever seat they want and stuff their fellow supporters, who end up in gang ways or trying to find a spare seat somewhere. 

It was worrying to an extent that if a solution has been implemented post Celtic, whether it is working or if it is still a problem.

Unfortunately, as ever there probably are solutions (proper tickets, no downloadable ones for away end, manned turnstyles with additional staff to rip, tear, sharpie bar codes or even queue the filthy gets in single file and tickets are pre checked long before the turnstyle) but as night follows day they will make our away fans experience at their ground even worse, with the press making it out as Hearts fault.

As a PS and a documentary in to the challenges faced by a football club, I find this thing far more interesting than a whole chunk of at least one episode kicking the crap out of Levein.

Lets not look too harshly on Rangers fans scamming their way into Tynie. Even our toilets must look like the Ritz to them. Proper day out.

"Malky....you tried this clear stuff in the taps.....barry man"

26 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

IIRC a few Celtic fans got locked out who had valid tickets because in one way or another their tickets had been photocopied or downloaded and copied and access was gained by someone else.  

The proper ticket holder couldn't get in because once the turnstyles recorded the Roseburn as full, no-one else could get in.  As a result we ended up sending Celtic a refund to re-imburse the correct holders.  We then apparently put measures in place to fix. 

Last night didn't really identify if the 'gangway' problem was due to too many folk being in, or similar to us, Rangers has a number of away fans who decide that they just do as they please, go to whatever seat they want and stuff their fellow supporters, who end up in gang ways or trying to find a spare seat somewhere. 

It was worrying to an extent that if a solution has been implemented post Celtic, whether it is working or if it is still a problem.

Unfortunately, as ever there probably are solutions (proper tickets, no downloadable ones for away end, manned turnstyles with additional staff to rip, tear, sharpie bar codes or even queue the filthy gets in single file and tickets are pre checked long before the turnstyle) but as night follows day they will make our away fans experience at their ground even worse, with the press making it out as Hearts fault.

As a PS and a documentary in to the challenges faced by a football club, I find this thing far more interesting than a whole chunk of at least one episode kicking the crap out of Levein.

Although there are flaws in the system it’s typical of Celtic and Rangers that they don’t look at themselves when seeking blame. 

If I couldn’t get into a game because someone else has copied a ticket then it would be Hearts fans I would be going after. 

41 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

On this point, that would definitely be interesting because it would call into question the policing of old firm away fans. 

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Extra measures would cost our club money and as has been pointed out, we don't lose out financially by them doing it, they're only cheating their fellow knuckle draggers. So why should we care.

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Extra measures would cost our club money and as has been pointed out, we don't lose out financially by them doing it, they're only cheating their fellow knuckle draggers. So why should we care.

As someone has also pointed out, an incident with over crowding would see our club hung out to dry so yeah we should care.

The Treasurer
Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

As someone has also pointed out, an incident with over crowding would see our club hung out to dry so yeah we should care.

Fair point but I think the finger should be pointed at the culprits and any proper investigation would show that it happens on a regular basis across the country with the same two sets of fans being the common denominator

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Fair point but I think the finger should be pointed at the culprits and any proper investigation would show that it happens on a regular basis across the country with the same two sets of fans being the common denominator

Agreed,but we all know that would never happen. They are untouchable it appears.

Fairly sure last time at Fester there we got searched and had to show ticket to stewards/police line before you got into sterile area in front of turnstiles. 

I know for away fans at City and United the policy is the same

Does anyone know if we do the same. That should stop anyone getting through without a ticket

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Surely in today’s day and age there is a way to set up a bar code or QE code that used once can’t be passed back or copied and used again?

(not having a go at the club but the club is responsible for what happens in its own ground so should be looking at solutions to this)

At least in general they behave.

Celtic on the other hand. I remember their sections bordering on dangerous and that's before the catering and ballboy attacks etc not to mention the just all round vicious atmosphere.