Wine Clubs? Worth a shot?

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

Had a poor experience many years ago with Laithwaites, but I 've been looking at wine clubs on-line and Naked Wines seems appealing.

Any recommendations from you guys?

Konrad von Carstein

Thanks

Can't seem to get a UK site for Naked Wines - even the link in the Independent goes to the US... k'sakes!

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Naked Wine's stuff is pretty poor in my experience. Laithwaites okay. Best one I've found is the Wine Society, they're a non-profit making company devoted to sourcing the best wines from around the world. 

Think its twenty quid to join, but honestly worth every penny. Never had a shite bottle from them. 

Konrad von Carstein
11 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Naked Wine's stuff is pretty poor in my experience. Laithwaites okay. Best one I've found is the Wine Society, they're a non-profit making company devoted to sourcing the best wines from around the world. 

Think its twenty quid to join, but honestly worth every penny. Never had a shite bottle from them. 

That would tie up with the Independent's wine club review that I was looking at... Will investigate further. Cheers.

A couple I used to know were a member of a few wine clubs. They used to go to a tasting event every year, held at Dynamic Earth, ran by one of the clubs. It cost them £25 a ticket, but there were dozens of wines to sample and snacks were laid on.   I think you got your £25 back if you ordered a case of wine.

39 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

A couple I used to know were a member of a few wine clubs. They used to go to a tasting event every year, held at Dynamic Earth, ran by one of the clubs. It cost them £25 a ticket, but there were dozens of wines to sample and snacks were laid on.   I think you got your £25 back if you ordered a case of wine.

That must be utter carnage. Certainly if any if the whisky festivals I've attended are anything to go by...