• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kila

• Cruyff

• Tazio

• Harry Potter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he doesn't find his first ball on 13, he'll be 6 shots before he's even on the green.

Maybe the hole doesn't need lengthened. The occasion can weaken these big hitters just the same. But that's probably partly because Bryson started on the 10th.

Edited by kila

Bryson is a Hod Carrier, if it wasn't for the ball spotters on many of the dog-legs at the US Open, he'd still be there looking for them.

Edited by OBE

4 hours ago, kila said:

Bryson doesn't have much course management. Just blasts his drive and hopes for the best.

Would love to see him try that on the UK coast

4 hours ago, kila said:

Bryson doesn't have much course management. Just blasts his drive and hopes for the best.

When Bubba Watson won it, it was down to his shot shaping and invention. Bryson can hit it miles but he's not got that in his bag.

1 hour ago, Gone said:

Would love to see him try that on the UK coast

Remember when Tiger was destroying courses all over the world and then Muirfield in bad weather destroyed him. 
Though admittedly he bounced back the next day with a phenomenal round. 

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

Remember when Tiger was destroying courses all over the world and then Muirfield in bad weather destroyed him. 

Carnoustie doesn't hold bad for these pampered professionals when the wind starts to blow.  :rofl:No mercy. 

7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Tiger has one hell of a golfing brain though. Can't see Dechambeau adjusting his tactics mid round... He will just keep smashing it regardless

44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Carnoustie doesn't hold bad for these pampered professionals when the wind starts to blow.  :rofl:No mercy. 

Sunday at Portrush last year oooofft.

JB Holmes got an absolute doing! 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Correct, 

Can't see this being finished by Sunday night. Play stopped at 10.30 UK time last night due to poor light, yet they have players teeing off just before 8 tonight. Even if better weather means an extra half hour of light there is no chance they get finished before dark.

Spoiler
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m enjoying watching Langer playing this afternoon. No massive drives or fancy shit, just effective measured golf. 

63 now, still a good player.

Is Butch commentating from home? He's like 1-2 seconds behind live action on the screen!

The course has dried out and is playing faster, and now against blue skies it's feeling like the Masters a bit more now.

DeChambeau just has to try drive the 3rd and loses his ball left in the longer rough. Three off the tee and he hits it left again, though it's sitting up this time. Hope he walks past his lost ball just to rub salt. :D 

He is a bit of a one-trick-pony as his course management is to just blast it as close to the hole as possible. But then he over spins his wedges from within 100 yards, or hits a 9 iron from 176 yards to within 30 feet.

7 minutes ago, OBE said:

🤣 Bryson ball lost @ No 3, no ball spotters @ 350 yards off the tee, gloriuos...

They said earlier on he was 100 yards longer on the drives all day over Larry Mize yesterday. Yet they both finished on 70.

No better example of the old saying, drive for show, putt for dough. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They said earlier on he was 100 yards longer on the drives all day over Larry Mize yesterday. Yet they both finished on 70.

I love watching precise driving to specific parts of fairways to open up tight pins. Show & dough, you're correct...👍

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, kila said:

Is Butch commentating from home? He's like 1-2 seconds behind live action on the screen!

The course has dried out and is playing faster, and now against blue skies it's feeling like the Masters a bit more now.

I think he's still in Vegas as it's only really been Beemer that's been interviewed on site. 

Cara Robinson is with the Golf Channel but has been doing a stint with Sky. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just watched Larry Mize hitting a wood to the 18th and not reaching. I think Bryson hit a wedge or 9 iron.

Its like a featherweight fighting a heavyweight and the fight being called a draw😂😂

13 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Just watched Larry Mize hitting a wood to the 18th and not reaching. I think Bryson hit a wedge or 9 iron.

Its like a featherweight fighting a heavyweight and the fight being called a draw😂😂

But the facts back it up. It was a draw. 
DeChambeau is painful to watch. As people have said no course management or planning beyond leathering it off the tee and hoping it gets him to the green a stroke before anyone else. And his putting style is an abomination, I almost threw something at the telly earlier when he stepped away from a putt as he hadn’t got the line on his ball pointing at the hole properly. When I golfed more regularly someone drawing a line on their ball with a pen was called a cheating bassa by everyone else. Now the pros are using balls with printed lines on them. 
It’s pish. 

18 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Can't see this being finished by Sunday night. Play stopped at 10.30 UK time last night due to poor light, yet they have players teeing off just before 8 tonight. Even if better weather means an extra half hour of light there is no chance they get finished before dark.

They will likely get away with it over the weekend to catch up so they can finish on Sunday night, field gets cut to 50 and they could still use a 2 tee start if they are behind schedule come Saturday morning. Weather looks to be ok. Tommy Fleetwood`s year mibby.

I'd missed the fact that DeChambeau had said pre-tournament that Augusta was a par 67 to him. 

How's that going for you so far you ****ing doughnut?

He'll probably make the cut if he gets it together but hopefully it will teach him a bit of humility.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I'd missed the fact that DeChambeau had said pre-tournament that Augusta was a par 67 to him. 

How's that going for you so far you ****ing doughnut?

He'll probably make the cut if he gets it together but hopefully it will teach him a bit of humility.

It's almost like trying to be an alchemist for a golfer to attempt to diverge so far from orthodoxy in order to gain a substantial advantage.  To adopt a method that has never been successfully discovered before.  Perhaps John Daly in winning the USPGA with his enormous power from his vastly extended backswing.

Any golfer who does adopt a method or gimmick so unorthodox and makes a success of it should be congratulated.  If he falls flat on his face then orthodoxy prevails.

Claims of personal par scores of that nature are just naked arrogance though.  A complete bellend.

22 minutes ago, OBE said:

Bryson has just checked out @ Augustas par 67...:scenes:

He's not wrong. Just didn't play well enough. 

I had some distance off the tee and was pretty straight with every club, tee to green. Pity I couldn't putt to save my life. Took more putts on a green than I ever had tee to green. 

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He's not wrong. Just didn't play well enough. 

I had some distance off the tee and was pretty straight with every club, tee to green. Pity I couldn't putt to save my life. Took more putts on a green than I ever had tee to green. 

I watched the completion of his second round live, he found the trees often, yes, he's hitting second shots staight but tooooo far, I've not checked but if he's made the cut, I'm looking forward to Augusta monkeying with his nut. He's not feeling 100%, I'm not surprised, his book of scientific greens formulae is sitting in his locker for the week.

Quite sad there still isn't full coverage. I thought a couple of days ago by the TV schedule there wold be, but still the usual restricted bullshit by the Augusta board. A bunch of dinosaurs, especially when the tee times are more compact because of the amount of daylight.

6pm we'll get it, but Rory and Woods will be over half way round. Leaders are off at 5pm. What a joke.

2 hours ago, kila said:

Quite sad there still isn't full coverage. I thought a couple of days ago by the TV schedule there wold be, but still the usual restricted bullshit by the Augusta board. A bunch of dinosaurs, especially when the tee times are more compact because of the amount of daylight.

6pm we'll get it, but Rory and Woods will be over half way round. Leaders are off at 5pm. What a joke.

Subscribe to an IPTV platform, Canadian channel TNS has fed me the masters all afternoon for shitpence...

Tremendous bunker shot from Rory McIllroy there. Now 8 under. Pity the leader Dustin Johnson is 13 under.

Hats off to Bernhard Langer too.

14 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Rahm giving all club golfers hope with that wood of the deck there. 
Tiger looks like his back has gone again. 

Ewan Murray doing his best to excuse the bad strike, suggesting it was a mud ball.

The Mighty Thor
23 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Rahm giving all club golfers hope with that wood of the deck there. 
Tiger looks like his back has gone again. 

Woods is fecked. He can barely bend over to read a putt

Forecast is for more of a gusting wind this afternoon. Could open the leaderboard up a bit more.

Full coverage from 3pm GMT so should see most if not all of the leaders. 

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Can't see Dustin Johnson chucking away that lead. 

Bogey from Dustin (spit) Johnson and an early eagle from A N Other at the top to make it interesting, please.