Miko Interview

Skippy Doodle

I loved the wee man.

Really got a shit deal from all angles of our game. Well documented and no need to go over again.

The elation when hammered in the winner against the Muppets was something else.

Ahhh - Miko.

Our rosy-cheeked xenophobe-target.

Never got a fair throw of the dice after the cheating Hun ******* Andy Davis incident. Or the international at Hampden when he was violently scythed down by the hulking huddy of a Scottish defender.

18 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

GREEN !!  :getout:

That was pretty much the sentiment expressed by another forum member(and BBC presenter) about Miko being in Scotland.

@stirling

Hiya Dick, Hiya pal.

I had a conversation recently about players for us in recent times that were so under-rated but were important.  He was on my list with Ryan Stevenson.

Edited by i8hibsh

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Ahhh - Miko.

Our rosy-cheeked xenophobe-target.

Never got a fair throw of the dice after the cheating Hun ******* Andy Davis incident. Or the international at Hampden when he was violently scythed down by the hulking huddy of a Scottish defender.

I laughed when he did that :laugh: Loved Miko, problem was he got feck all from refs ever since.

He took my Lithuania flag when the bus came back in 06 from Hampden in Gorgie Rd . 

When Miko was up for it he was unstoppable was an easy target for fans when not playing well as a team . I remember that goal against Hibs at tynie. 

13 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I had a conversation recently about players for us in recent times that were so under-rated but were important.  He was on my list with Ryan Stevenson.

The fact he is still playing for Lithuania at 37 says a lot. Great player

13 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Was a big fan of his. Never understood the nonsense that went his way.

It's what the Scottish Media do. Funnily enough it's never a young Scottish kid

He was a great wee player.  

Unfairly treated by the gutter press of this nation and by some of our own fans (the hat kickers).

Edited by Cade

Toxteth O'Grady
10 minutes ago, Chaps said:

His goal in the 3-2 Boxing Day derby was sublime and on his weaker foot.

It was and he scored another cracker with his left against Celtic 

Treated like crap by the Scottish press and some of our own. 

Had a few run-ins with some 'supporters' attempting to boo his every touch. 

Remember him coming on for his debut vs Livi at the Almondvale. Wednesday night fixture early 2005. 

Direct wee winger with an eye for goal. Some cracking goals too. 

As others have said though. Thrown a bad hand with the Davies gate, and dick Gordon's moronic outburst. 

4 hours ago, Gone said:

The fact he is still playing for Lithuania at 37 says a lot. Great player

I think it says a lot about the state of Lithuanian football right now. 

14 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Was there not some bam on here that lobbed a Chinese take-away meal at him after a game one day? He was fuming in his house after a Hearts loss munching his chicken curry and he saw Miko coming up the road smirking and lost the plot - or have I just made that up?

I hope he'd moved house before last season he'd be starving😂

Templeton Peck

The racism shown to the Lithuanians during their time was a blot on the history of Scottish football. 

Gordon Smith and Richard Gordon top of the charts

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Love his anger at Davis. Wish he'd just gone for it and kicked shite out of him, TBH.

Its amazing nothing happened to Davis by the sfa

Allowayjambo1874
20 hours ago, jonesy said:

As I was living in China at the time it would have been one hell of a throw! 

Wow when you pop out for a takeaway you really do go for it 😂😂

17 hours ago, Templeton Peck said:

The racism shown to the Lithuanians during their time was a blot on the history of Scottish football. 

Gordon Smith and Richard Gordon top of the charts

You are correct.

Unfortunately, it is only remembered by us.

Pull up any media prick or non- Hearts fan, he will be called a little diving cheating prick. The shit has well and truly stuck to the fan.

Moments like this, I ****ing despise most of Scottish football.

53 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You are correct.

Pull up any media prick or non- Hearts fan, he will be called a little diving cheating prick. The shit has well and truly stuck to the fan.

International football is like that. I just have to mention Maradonna to my English mates and the veins in their necks start bulging. 🤔

Gillsland jack

Great wee player as were several other Lithuanians during their spell with us, I hope we can one day welcome them back to Tynecastle... to do the half time draw or just to appear on pitch at half time.

I'm not talking about the mad one but the players who gave their all in a Maroon shirt, losing Big Zal has brought all this into perspective for me.

On 10/11/2020 at 14:00, BarneyBattles said:

Was there not some bam on here that lobbed a Chinese take-away meal at him after a game one day? He was fuming in his house after a Hearts loss munching his chicken curry and he saw Miko coming up the road smirking and lost the plot - or have I just made that up?

:rofl:

Yes, it's in the classics, but it was Novikovas, not Miko: 

About halfway down :lol: 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

You are correct.

Wot sickens me now is the tannoy announcements u hear at every ground stating that they don't accept homophobic,xenophobic, racist behaviour!! Yet quite happily let miko get verbally abused at every ground he went to after the "dive" 

Since miko left us in 2009 we have had a lengthy list of divers & cheaters but none vilified in the same manner as miko was.The SFA allowed him to be treated that way .

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

International football is like that. I just have to mention Maradonna to my English mates and the veins in their necks start bulging. 🤔

:lol: Never let them forget,

Does grind my gears about Miko though, was working up in Aberdeen at that time.

Game at Pittodrie, Miko fouled constantly and no foul awarded. He goes down in the box, booked.

Aberdeen fans boo all game at him.

I just about put my foot through the TV.

Monday morning at work "Mikolounas is diving wee *******!"

3 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Wot sickens me now is the tannoy announcements u hear at every ground stating that they don't accept homophobic,xenophobic, racist behaviour!! Yet quite happily let miko get verbally abused at every ground he went to after the "dive" 

Since miko left us in 2009 we have had a lengthy list of divers & cheaters but none vilified in the same manner as miko was.The SFA allowed him to be treated that way .

Dont forget two Scots in the same game.

Not sure i'm going to listen to it, watching interviews I find much more engaging. Obviously with 'rona and distance its probably not possible (skype/zoom?) but yeah, not a fan of the black screen :D 

Looking forward to reading a write up if anyone is kind enough 😛 

On 09/11/2020 at 20:03, i8hibsh said:

Stevo was a bit under-rated, I agree.  He took a lot of stick after he left us (imagine walking out on an employer who wasn't paying you!!)

I think he won over most fans when he returned.  Did as good a job as he could have done in our relegation season as one of our only two outfield players over the age of 21.  I'll never forget the 5-0 win over Kilmarnock at the end of that season, Stevo scored 3, could have scored another 3 , and assisted the other 2 goals.  The highlights on Sportscene that night was basically the Stevo show, just showed those 8 incidents, where he either scores, nearly scores, or sets up a goal.

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Stevo was a bit under-rated, I agree.  He took a lot of stick after he left us (imagine walking out on an employer who wasn't paying you!!)

I think he won over most fans when he returned.  Did as good a job as he could have done in our relegation season as one of our only two outfield players over the age of 21.  I'll never forget the 5-0 win over Kilmarnock at the end of that season, Stevo scored 3, could have scored another 3 , and assisted the other 2 goals.  The highlights on Sportscene that night was basically the Stevo show, just showed those 8 incidents, where he either scores, nearly scores, or sets up a goal.

I watch a lot of old games etc on You Tube and it seems that during the time he was here he was involved in almost every goal.  That 5 nil game was insane, I can't think of a better performance from a Hearts player. I always liked him but I just never realised he was quite 'that' good.  And this was at a time I went to a lot of games.  Wee Templeton was class too.

Leveins Battalion

Great memories of Miko,harshly treated in this country.

At the time I used to get a bit miffed at the amount of Lithuanians coming over but undoubtedly Zaliukas,Miko,Cesnauskis,Jankausakas and Velicka were top top players.

Even guys like Barasa and the little attacker (cant remember his name) played their part.

Good ti look back on.