Celtic fc lack of poppy respect ?

Hectormasson

6 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Sympathiser to  murderers, that's his choice ,,, utter shitebag of a man endows.........

You really are showing your true colours now, nothing to do with poppies, just a change to vent your loyalist views

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hectormasson

• Samuel Camazzola

• Bazzas right boot

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

complete control
12 hours ago, XB52 said:

Exactly, this whole poppy fascism is totally out of control now. 

not as much as the pointless kneeling down before every game

15 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Every year.

I don't hold anything against Celtic over this. They're between a rock and a hard place. I'm not even that old and I remember when the poppy was a quiet and dignified symbol of remembrance. It's seen by some now as way beyond that - it's become a badge of nationalism that has connotations that some don't feel the need to shout about. 

Very much agree. I`m 46 and remember as a kid in the 80s it was all done with dignity and in an understated fashion.

It was very much a tradition everyone honoured but kept it the way it should be, respectful and without fanfare. You`d have your local shops selling Poppies on the lead up, watch the Remembrance Service, and that`d be it until the next year.

The way its been opened up to other areas of life and with today`s social media, the arseholes have hijacked it.  

17 hours ago, JamboAl1965 said:

As an ex serviceman this type of discussion grips my ****. the people in the services that fought the great wars and those conflicts since,  did so In order that people could express themselves freely. It’s the other lot that fought so you had to think And act they way they told you. If you want to respect those who gave their lives then do it in the way you see fit and stop using it as Pissing contest.

Spot on!

I have a good number of pacifist friends who won't wear the red poppy for a number of reasons, Earl Haig's connection etc. However, they wear a white one instead.  Its condemning the governments who take us into geopolitical wars while still remembering the fallen.

• davemclaren locked this topic