Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• maroonsgotop

• Lfhearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Can’t fecking script this pish 

feck off nations league bucking Micky mouse tiddly wink competition 

more concerned about their Mickey Mouse Manager to be honest. Hardly plays them, then thinks it's a great idea to play Smith for 90 mins and Boyce for 60 mins on Sunday and then start them both when he knows they've got an important league match 48 hours later. Boyce gets taken off injured after 67 mins and Smith still on with less than 15 mins to play. Total cretin of a Manager 

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

more concerned about their Mickey Mouse Manager to be honest. Hardly plays them, then thinks it's a great idea to play Smith for 90 mins and Boyce for 60 mins on Sunday and then start them both when he knows they've got an important league match 48 hours later. Boyce gets taken off injured after 67 mins and Smith still on with less than 15 mins to play. Total cretin of a Manager 

He’s an utter roaster and I hope Nielsen is on the phone to him first thing. Fecking imbecile knows these are two of our important players

Boyce and smith will not play on Friday no way will Robbie play them , f****n arse of a manager knowing they both have games 48 hours later and he plays both ! typical tho one player gets injured and it’s our player 🤦‍♂️

34 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

The NI manager is not interested in us, only himself.

Tonight’s games effect a few clubs but only one in the Scottish Championship.....

4 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

The NI manager is not interested in us, only himself.

Tonight’s games effect a few clubs but only one in the Scottish Championship.....

The only other games on Friday are Coventry vs Birmingham and Mansfield vs Colchester. Not sure how many NI players are involved in those games

Салатные палочки

We might not have had this issue if we brought another striker in. We knew we were light up front. 

As long as Boyce not out for long I’m fairly relaxed. Wighton has done enough to suggest he’ll be fine up front. 

Naismith, Walker and Ginelly all fit by the sounds of things. 

Would like to see Smith play though as we have no cover for either FB positions. 

Bazzas right boot

As long as Boyce isn't out for too long it's OK, Wighton and Naismith are good to go. 

Seen he scored tonight, which is great. 

Folk asking for a 4th striker as cover are barking. 

One of our tougher games so a bit shitty having the 2 of them played 48 hours before our game and Tbh we should have said to the BBC they can show it but it can't move to the Friday.

Sat or Sunday only due to the internationals. 

Says more about the influence of TV over the fixtures than anything else imo. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Smith will be shattered also playing in midfield.

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

Smith taken off now looks shattered.

The player that came on for Smith - Ethan Galbraith - is a promising young Man Utd midfield player with one previous NI cap but yet to play in the league for Man Utd. Given all the circumstances, it’s ridiculous that the change wasn’t made around sixty minutes or sooner to given more game time to the young lad and also a better chance that MS is fit for us on Friday.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As long as Boyce isn't out for too long it's OK, Wighton and Naismith are good to go. 

One of our tougher games so a bit shitty having the 2 of them played 48 hours before our game and Tbh we should have said to the BBC they can show it but it can't move to the Friday.

I imagine it’s a contractual obligation to go along with the BBC match choice. 

Pretty sure under the rules we could have asked for a postponement due to the number of players we’ve had away on international duty this week.

Wouldn't risk Boyces v Pars tbh. Naisy is fit I presume.

Maybe rest Smith too and go 3 at the back with play Moore or Logan on the right.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Pretty sure under the rules we could have asked for a postponement due to the number of players we’ve had away on international duty this week.

In Scotland?

Hearts?

That’ll be the day we get help from our third rate association running our excuse for a level playing field.
I’m still surprised we’re not playing Saturday the 19th December against Raith.😜

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No, you are barking mad with the stuff you come out with. We are definitely light up front and that was clear at the start of the season. Any injury to Boyce would give us a problem, and now we have to deal with this. Naismith and Wighton do not provide what Boyce does

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I assume you are counting  naismith as a striker? He's basically been a number 10 for Hearts when he isn't injured. So really folk were wanting a 3rd striker on top of Boyce and an unproven Wighton, bearing in mind we binned Uche and Washington. 

Edited by fabienleclerq

Was their not chat about another striker? Hence why we have left the number 9 jersey free? Maybe something planned for January? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

No, you are barking mad with the stuff you come out with. We are definitely light up front and that was clear at the start of the season. Any injury to Boyce would give us a problem, and now we have to deal with this. Naismith and Wighton do not provide what Boyce does

How, many teams carry 3 strikers, 3 decent strikers for 1 position? 

What quality is this 3rd or 4th choice striker going to be? 

Celtic and rangers don't carry more than 3 strikers, in fact I don't think teams like arsenal, spurs, man Utd do. 

I'd like another striker, but if between Boyce, Naismith and Wighton we can't manage we have problems, pretty sure Roberts is a utility striker as well. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I assume you are counting  naismith as a striker? He's basically been a number 10 for Hearts when he isn't injured. So really folk were wanting a 3rd striker on top of Boyce and an unproven Wighton, bearing in mind we binned Uche and Washington. 

Wighton is proven at this level. 

Naismith has been a 10 but that is so we could accommodate Boyce and play 1 up top. 

If Boyce is injured Naismith can play up front as we can't play Boyce. 

We'll still have Wighton and Roberts. 

I can't think of a team that carries 4 senior strikers for one position. 

I'd question the quality of any striker that is 3rd or 4th choice for us as well, would they add anything? 

Ideally I think we'd have a youth as 4th choice back up. 

We might get a striker, but I won't be pissing my pants if we don't. 3 senior strikers for 1 position is enough for us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Apart from the Dundee game we have had to grind out our wins. I anticipate more of the same away from home against a confident team.

2-1 for Hearts.

2 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Agreed 👍

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Wouldn't risk Boyces v Pars tbh. Naisy is fit I presume.

Maybe rest Smith too and go 3 at the back with play Moore or Logan on the right.

Disagree - we need to play our strongest team in a vital match

43 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Disagree - we need to play our strongest team in a vital match

Our strongest matchfit team. 

Absolute Scenes

Nothing in the papers about any injuries. Evening news love to stick the knife in, but no comment on injury in their story about Boyce scoring last night 

edit: bbc sport also mention Niall Mcginn picked up an injury with NI but not Boyce 

Edited by Absolute Scenes

• davemclaren locked this topic