Stephane Grappelli - Tipping Point Question

Stephane Grappelli

Stephane Grappelli

Just watching Tipping Point the now even though I'm supposed to be working. Anyway, there was a question just there about French violinist Stephane Grappelli and to say I'm pretty bloody ecstatic would be an understatement.

Have any of you ever had a question about your Kickback avatar read out on a popular daytime or even nighttime TV quiz?  I'd love to hear from you.

1 minute ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Just watching Tipping Point the now even though I'm supposed to be working. Anyway, there was a question just there about French violinist Stephane Grappelli and to say I'm pretty bloody ecstatic would be an understatement.

Have any of you ever had a question about your Kickback avatar read out on a popular daytime or even nighttime TV quiz?  I'd love to hear from you.

He was a very good pianist as well. Also quite a keen enthusiast on chasing younger men as I discovered a few years ago working in a gig he was part of. He took a fancy to a young sound engineer on the show and gave the young lad a fairly nervous day. 

Stephane Grappelli
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He was a very good pianist as well. Also quite a keen enthusiast on chasing younger men as I discovered a few years ago working in a gig he was part of. He took a fancy to a young sound engineer on the show and gave the young lad a fairly nervous day. 

Never knew that! Dirty old bugger.

One of the questions in the final is what is the northernmost county in England. The lassie passed it to the the bloke who guessed at Norfolk, her answer would have been Birmingham.  I despair...

Stephane Grappelli
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yes. Because I'm famous as ****.

That's just showing off.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

In terms of the OP I think it’s highly unlikely that there will ever be a quiz show question about the Lebanese FA. 

You never know.

Not that I'm aware of.  I was going to change my name to that of the big guy on The Chase, but decided against it.

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

One of the questions in the final is what is the northernmost county in England. The lassie passed it to the the bloke who guessed at Norfolk, her answer would have been Birmingham.  I despair...

Seen one on Tenable last week where the woman needed to get a 7 letter country in the EU, her answer...Ecuador🤣🤣🤣 

7 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Not that I'm aware of.  I was going to change my name to that of the big guy on The Chase, but decided against it.

Mark?

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Seen one on Tenable last week where the woman needed to get a 7 letter country in the EU, her answer...Ecuador🤣🤣🤣 

I saw that!

Another beauty was the other week and they had to name the top 10 brass or woodwind instruments played by the BBC Philharmonic. The guy came up and said he had a great answer but had forgotten it, then he remembered it, paused for effect and said... violin! Was dead chuffed with himself too thinking he'd got a good answer.

3 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Here he is to see in the New Year back in 1990/1991.

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Stephane Grappelli
7 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Here he is to see in the New Year back in 1990/1991.

Magic!  Still regarded as one of Stephanie's greatest ever performances, well worth a watch.

Lovely to see Bill McCue looking resplendent in his kilt as well.

6 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Magic!  Still regarded as one of Stephanie's greatest ever performances, well worth a watch.

Lovely to see Bill McCue looking resplendent in his kilt as well.

A second cousin of my Dads played acoustic guitar with him on tour for a while.

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I saw that!

Another beauty was the other week and they had to name the top 10 brass or woodwind instruments played by the BBC Philharmonic. The guy came up and said he had a great answer but had forgotten it, then he remembered it, paused for effect and said... violin! Was dead chuffed with himself too thinking he'd got a good answer.

My niece was on tipping point a few weeks back. One of the questions when she was against a bloke to get in the final was to her "who was the american president in 2000". My niece passed the question to the other bloke, and he said George Washington. Presenter struggled to keep a straight face. He then asked my niece what she thought, she said either Obama or Washington. 

How the presenter didn't piss himself laughing I don't know. Even her father has been ripping into her.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I saw that!

:lol: Worst one I’ve witnessed was a girl who had just left university. She was on Are You Smarter than a 10 Year Old. She already had £2,000, which she could keep, or risk it on the next question.

The question...On which continent is the Amazon River?

Her multiple choice answers were...Europe, South America, Asia 

She said she reckoned she knew the answer, but wasn’t 100%, so was taking the money😱😱😱

After this, he asked her what her answer would have been, the reply was...Europe🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I was a pointless answer on Pointless. 

You’re half of ‘Probably the best lager in the world’ though, Carl!

Give yourself some credit. 👍

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

No. Maybe. Probably. 

Who said "gimme the motherf***in gun Tre?" 

Салатные палочки
28 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:lol: Worst one I’ve witnessed was a girl who had just left university. She was on Are You Smarter than a 10 Year Old. She already had £2,000, which she could keep, or risk it on the next question.

The question...On which continent is the Amazon River?

Her multiple choice answers were...Europe, South America, Asia 

She said she reckoned she knew the answer, but wasn’t 100%, so was taking the money😱😱😱

After this, he asked her what her answer would have been, the reply was...Europe🤣🤣🤣

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, Tazio said:

The girl "hit the post", as they say,  with her answer.  Not a bad guess. The guitarist Django Reinhart was his most famous colleague in the Hot Club de France group . It would be surprising if as well as the piano (and the odd sound engineer!)  Grappelli never strummed a guitar.

My favourite quiz question was the chase in the cash builder when one female was asked.

What was the name of the person who first started package holidays in 1849. Correct answer Thomas Cook.

Her answer. British Airways. 

It was still over 50 years until the Wright brothers flew an aeroplane at Kittyhawk.

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My favourite quiz question was the chase in the cash builder when one female was asked.

What was the name of the person who first started package holidays in 1849. Correct answer Thomas Cook.

It was still over 50 years until the Wright brothers flew an aeroplane at Kittyhawk.

I saw that one🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Remember the blind lass on the cash builder years back and she just passed practically every single question. On most of them, he hadn't even finished the question yet. :lol: 

I P Knightley
On 05/11/2020 at 16:43, Victorian said:

Thousands of times.  I can list them all but wont.

One of very few people to have more statues of them around the world than Rabbie Burns.

On 05/11/2020 at 16:34, Stephane Grappelli said:

At least there's a degree of logic to guessing Norfolk, the Norf part I mean.  We all of course know that the correct answer is Scotland.

On 05/11/2020 at 20:04, superjack said:

My niece was on tipping point a few weeks back. One of the questions when she was against a bloke to get in the final was to her "who was the american president in 2000". My niece passed the question to the other bloke, and he said George Washington. Presenter struggled to keep a straight face. He then asked my niece what she thought, she said either Obama or Washington. 

How the presenter didn't piss himself laughing I don't know. Even her father has been ripping into her.

always found those questions to be dodgy! 

in your example, Clinton was president but Bush was elected (however wasn’t inaugurated until January) in November that year.

9 hours ago, jambo89 said:

always found those questions to be dodgy! 

in your example, Clinton was president but Bush was elected (however wasn’t inaugurated until January) in November that year.

I know, but George Washington?

18 hours ago, superjack said:

I know, but George Washington?

George was correct, 

it was George Bush, so kinda understandable (not really but trying got give them the benefit of the doubt).! 

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Réminds me of this cracker. 

🤣🤣🤣 never seen that before