Sky Friends and Family

jambo1998

Dean Winchester
18 minutes ago, jambo1998 said:

My minimum term is up with Virgin and I'm looking to go back to Sky, does anyone have any Friends and Family codes available. Thanks. 

Of course. Send me A PM with your email address

50 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

35% off is the current deal I think for new customers.

I dropped Sky TV and Sports back in April but kept internet. Would I qualify do you reckon?

Dean Winchester
Just now, kila said:

I dropped Sky TV and Sports back in April but kept internet. Would I qualify do you reckon?

I think it's 12 months (might even be 18 now but not sure) before you'd be considered a new customer. Probably worth trying in April though if you can wait that long.

I'm thinking of getting Sky TV + Sky Sports again (already have a box and card) and watching the Masters next weekend, then cancelling within my cooling off period.

Don't fancy an 18 month contract of Sky TV and Sky Sports. I want to make sure I don't trip myself up doing this though!

I looked at NowTV but the 'Boost' feature (to get 50fps - so making sports actually watchable) isn't available on PC/Mac. Otherwise around £30 without contract for that would've been more appealing.

Edited by kila

3 hours ago, kila said:

I'm thinking of getting Sky TV + Sky Sports again (already have a box and card) and watching the Masters next weekend, then cancelling within my cooling off period.

Don't fancy an 18 month contract of Sky TV and Sky Sports. I want to make sure I don't trip myself up doing this though!

I looked at NowTV but the 'Boost' feature (to get 50fps - so making sports actually watchable) isn't available on PC/Mac. Otherwise around £30 without contract for that would've been more appealing.

Even although you have a box and card it’d most likely be a clean install with new box and card, unlikely that you’d get an install before next weekend

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Even although you have a box and card it’d most likely be a clean install with new box and card, unlikely that you’d get an install before next weekend

Maybe I'll need to get a NowTV stick after all... reviews are quite mixed.

Got a deal - £27 a month with 18 month contract for TV and full Sky Sports HD. Curious if that was similar sort of deal to the family/friends thing.

Anyway all set to watch The Masters this weekend 😎 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2020 at 16:26, kila said:

Got a deal - £27 a month with 18 month contract for TV and full Sky Sports HD. Curious if that was similar sort of deal to the family/friends thing.

Anyway all set to watch The Masters this weekend 😎 

27*18 = £486

iptv = £30 a year for every channel under the sun.

Let me think about that for a minute...

12 minutes ago, stu said:

27*18 = £486

New bmw x5 from showroom £47,500

New Bmw x5 from Jim doon the pub. £13,500

😄

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

New bmw x5 from showroom £47,500

New Bmw x5 from Jim doon the pub. £13,500

😄

Utterly horrific comparison and you know it.

1 hour ago, stu said:

27*18 = £486

And how does the £30 a year you pay make its way to the people who make the content you watch?

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why is that?

Because calling it a horrific comparison deflects away from the fact that paying £30 for iptv isn’t any different to buying stolen goods down the pub?

22 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Because calling it a horrific comparison deflects away from the fact that paying £30 for iptv isn’t any different to buying stolen goods down the pub?

Absolutely. 

8 hours ago, stu said:

27*18 = £486

Yeah... I’d rather have full HD, 50fps and quality sound for my sport. Live pause/rewind is useful too. 

46 minutes ago, kila said:

Yeah... I’d rather have full HD, 50fps and quality sound for my sport. Live pause/rewind is useful too. 

To be fair you can get boxes to do that with iptv but your point stands that iptv is in no way comparable on any level to a sky q setup. Cheap as **** though. 

8 hours ago, Ribble said:

It's totally different, if you steal a bottle of vodka the victim no longer has a bottle of vodka.

But anyway, so what, I'd steal vodka from Rupert Murdoch.

50 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's totally different, if you steal a bottle of vodka the victim no longer has a bottle of vodka.

But anyway, so what, I'd steal vodka from Rupert Murdoch.

Thats the thing, you aren't stealing anything from Rupert Murdoch, he's not had anything to do with Sky for years. You would be stealing form the thousands of day to day folk that work in the TV industry

wentworth jambo
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Thats the thing, you aren't stealing anything from Rupert Murdoch, he's not had anything to do with Sky for years. You would be stealing form the thousands of day to day folk that work in the TV industry

And what about the likes of Sky who have been "stealing" from normal consumers for years - £80-odd quid a month for a full package and they still have PPV events....all just to pump billions into the EPL. Appreciate the rank and file in the likes of Sky but no way I'm helping to ensure a run of the mill Sheff Utd player can get paid his £60k a week.

5 hours ago, Ribble said:

US conglomerate Comcast then.

And nonsense, there's zero chance of me paying Sky's rates so if I get a hooky stream, the thousands of day to day folk lose nothing.

10 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

And what about the likes of Sky who have been "stealing" from normal consumers for years - £80-odd quid a month for a full package and they still have PPV events....all just to pump billions into the EPL. Appreciate the rank and file in the likes of Sky but no way I'm helping to ensure a run of the mill Sheff Utd player can get paid his £60k a week.

Exactly.

The same folk who had a go at me ‘stealing’ a tv service are systematically funding a 3rd rate league and inflating middle of the road players wages.

Oh, and I bet if I search, the same folk berating me for ‘stealing’ will bemoan sky sports coverage of Scottish football.

So what is it lads?