Top Tip........ (Shower glass cleaning)

highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3

I have 3 showers in my house and I was puffed out cleaning the inside of the glass cubicles....... all that cillit bang nonsense from Barry seems to work for a while then it’s back to soapy/scummy glass....even the “easy clean” cubicles get messy then BANG...💡.....a thought.....

Why not rinse the inside of the glass shower with the shower head/warm water AFTER EACH shower.........nah, that will never work but you know what.....after doing this after every shower over the last 3 months, they look like new....obviously you need to clean the inside of your shower before you begin this ritual.  Pass it on to the mrs, if she’s a wee bit OCD like mine then this will now happen 😀

Possibly post this post into the most irrelevant posts file if you wish or, post your own tips if you have any.

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just wanting to show off that you have three 3 showers imo

Nah....not really, but you are entitled to say so.

Mrs buzz keeps one of those window squeegee things in the shower and is most unimpressed if it’s not used to clean the glass after every shower.

It does work a treat to be fair.

2 minutes ago, buzz said:

Mrs buzz keeps one of those window squeegee things in the shower and is most unimpressed if it’s not used to clean the glass after every shower.

This is the answer but as a one shower household 😀 I still can’t be bothered. 

One of the more useful ones I've picked up is for cleaning the microwave. Stick some water and fairy liquid in a bowl and microwave for about 3 or 4 minutes. Leave for about half an hour then wipe away bacteria, wipe away doubt.

Robot Hoover's are incredible, although I keep a back up Henry for the sides of the couch and other hard to reach places.

Don't really see the point in cleaning shower glass after every use just so you can admire how pristine it is whilst sitting having a shite. Each to their own.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This is the answer but as a one shower household 😀 I still can’t be bothered. 

😂I got fed up getting moaned at for forgetting. Now I do it on autopilot 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I have 3 showers in my house and I was puffed out cleaning the inside of the glass cubicles....... all that cillit bang nonsense from Barry seems to work for a while then it’s back to soapy/scummy glass....even the “easy clean” cubicles get messy then BANG...💡.....a thought.....

Why not rinse the inside of the glass shower with the shower head/warm water AFTER EACH shower.........nah, that will never work but you know what.....after doing this after every shower over the last 3 months, they look like new....obviously you need to clean the inside of your shower before you begin this ritual.  Pass it on to the mrs, if she’s a wee bit OCD like mine then this will now happen 😀

Possibly post this post into the most irrelevant posts file if you wish or, post your own tips if you have any.

Do the punters in your B&B give you a shout when they've had a shower, or do have you got some other way of knowing they've had one?

Vinegar is better, more effective and a damn sight cheaper than all the fancy cleaners one can buy.

It also polishes taps, removes limescale from kettles and shines up mirrors so you can see just how handsome you are.

40 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Do the punters in your B&B give you a shout when they've had a shower, or do have you got some other way of knowing they've had one?

Spoiler

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, buzz said:

Thats what I use. Think the OP’s method may have something to it though.

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Vinegar is better, more effective and a damn sight cheaper than all the fancy cleaners one can buy.

It also polishes taps, removes limescale from kettles and shines up mirrors so you can see just how handsome you are.

Definitely vinegar. 

And a bag of soda crystals for putting down the plugholes. 

And a bottle of Milton. 

The only cleaning products you need.

56 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Your no any cleaner after a bath. You just splash about in your juices. 

I've heard this said and there is a logic to it. But when you wash your dishes in a peasant bowl like I do you can see the virtues of a pre-soak for loosening up filth.

Probably the best solution for bodily cleanliness is a scalding hot bath with some cleansing chemicals of your choosing, and candles obvs, followed by a rinse in the shower. There are exceptions to this rule, a deep clean of the male member is strictly shower only, and in my case necessary as I struggle to keep the whole thing submerged for any length of time in a bath tub. Just toss it over my shoulder or wear it like a belt in the shower.

highlandjambo3
14 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

No.....once they have left and I’m up doing their rooms, I pop in the guest shower after to clean up (me) then I rinse down the glass.....honestly works a treat.

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, jimmyjambo said:

Use liquid soap rather than bars of soap, and yes, rinse the shower after each use. 

I’ve got fixed liquid dispensers in the showers but, I don’t think liquid or bars of soap make much difference as the mucky substance on the glass in caused (mainly) by the soapy sudds you splatter around yourself as you attempt to scrub up and......I appreciate some in here take longer to scrub up than others😀

Once a month use images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ43pivu80ua2xu_ItlxFA and cleaning after each shower becomes a thing of the past! Can also use the anti fog version on bathroom mirrors 

58 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

No.....once they have left and I’m up doing their rooms, I pop in the guest shower after to clean up (me) then I rinse down the glass.....honestly works a treat.

Are you free to do our two showers on Sunday?

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Once a month use images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ43pivu80ua2xu_ItlxFA and cleaning after each shower becomes a thing of the past! Can also use the anti fog version on bathroom mirrors 

That's spooky. I just found out about this exact product. Planning on using it on the car windscreen though. Could be a game changer.

highlandjambo3
19 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just wanting to show off that you have three 3 showers imo

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Aye....and the mirrors have built in light sensors and anti steam up heat elements.....they switch on as you walk up to them.....Which is no good if your a burglar.....btw the mrs picked all the gubbings

39 minutes ago, Smack said:

That's spooky. I just found out about this exact product. Planning on using it on the car windscreen though. Could be a game changer.

you can also get it as screenwash, just waiting on my summer stuff to run out to try it

19 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You do a B&B don't you?

You need to get your get guests told of your astonishing find :whistling:

The Real Maroonblood
18 hours ago, Morgan said:

Also good for cleaning the windows according to Mrs TRM.