Willie Collum

jamborich

How many mistakes does this guy make in the box, my opinion is he loves the attention he doesn't give a hoot whether he's right or wrong but wollows in controversy 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1971fozzy

• jamborich

• smiler

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

He got the Hibs penalty wrong but apart from that I thought he was ok.

My fear is that we will have Beaton or Madden for the final.

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He got their injury time one right. He got their extra time one wrong. He got our extra time one right 

2/3

Did he get last years cup final one right?

He's consistent. Horrendous for both sides. 

Hibs penalty should have been picked up as blatant cheating by Madden,  no surprise he ignored it.

Just now, jamborich said:

Yes it was

what are you on about ?  He rightly refused their dive in 90, he feked up and got their ET one wrong, and ours was a pen. Who the fek was talking about celtics last season ? (Which incidentally I said wasn’t) what are u on about ?

They're not happy with the officials even though their goal was offside and Newell dived for their penalty. What more did they expect?

23 minutes ago, H2 said:

I thought generally he had a good game, lack of support from his other officials.

Agreed entirely for their awarded penalty in extra time. It looked like both the linesman and the behind goal line linesman (I'm old, sod off) had a great clear view. It was a clear dive so there is no point having extra officials. 

He's had a shocker in his last 3 fixtures.

Aberdeen Celtic - Couple of iffy pens and missed a blatant shove for Celtics equaliser

Slavia Leverkusen - Sent a guy off when there was no contact

Today - Not convinced ours or theres were penalties

Hopeless referee

Have you seen the red card he gave against Leverkusen on Thursday? Good to see he's an attention seeker on the European stage as well, I guess. 

A shit referee all round imo. Not clever enough to be deliberate or manipulative in anything he does, just grossly incompetent 

I thought there was 2 incredibly soft penalty shouts per team. He gave one each and ignored one each.

I don't think any of them were penalties really.

The worst bit of decision making was not flagging offside for their goal. There was a few dodgy offside calls in the game but that was the only one that looked like it was going to make a difference.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

what are you on about ?  He rightly refused their dive in 90, he feked up and got their ET one wrong, and ours was a pen. Who the fek was talking about celtics last season ? (Which incidentally I said wasn’t) what are u on about ?

I'm on about his obsession with penalties not just today but in general he appears imo to thrive on them

59 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I'm on about his obsession with penalties not just today but in general he appears imo to thrive on them

Ahh fair enough 

I thought we got away with one at the end of normal time, though I'd need to see it again. Not the Boyle one, he fouled Halkett and then made a meal of it, but the initial challenge on Doidge. Their ET penalty was a dive from a tory pr!ck that should've been picked up by Madden - Collum didn't have a good angle. As for ours, I don't think it was a pen as both were just running on to the ball and I thought White just positioned himself in front of McGinn, who ran into him, but we deserved it on the rule of karma due to that diving Tory pr!ck.

**** Joe Newell. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Listen at the end of the day he gave Hearts the penalty to win it so far as I'm concerned, all is not forgiven he is still a ***** for giving that Edouard dive. Always will be.

As for the decisions last night Hibs was a clear dive and the fud that took their penalty knew it. Our penalty was an absolute Stone Waller, Sir Aidrian White had the boy on toast for pace. Quintessential clumsy hibs defending. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

4 hours ago, H2 said:

I thought generally he had a good game, lack of support from his other officials.

This. The refs behind the goal line were useless. 

5 hours ago, jamborich said:

How many mistakes does this guy make in the box, my opinion is he loves the attention he doesn't give a hoot whether he's right or wrong but wollows in controversy 

Hes a clown, some said he had improved, dont think so.

Could have cost us the game, said to my son before the game, he will give them a penalty.

Not hard to predict.😠.

To be fair to him on their dive his angle may not have been the best but Bobby Madden’s view must have been pretty good.

I have seen softer pens given than ours too. Mcginn’s left arm is certainly pushing White putting him off balance whether he meant to trip him or not. End of the day the defender clattered the attacker in the box & that’s a pen nine times out of ten.

6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He got the Hibs penalty wrong but apart from that I thought he was ok.

My fear is that we will have Beaton or Madden for the final.

Madden was right on the line with their penalty claim during normal time. Commentator reckoned Collum was going to give it barring Madden's involvement. We got a free kick.

6 hours ago, jamborich said:

Especially when games are televised live. He thrives in the spotlight and does it for attention as he knows the cameras are in him. Probably records the games and then goes home to watch himself numerous times on rewind. 

My main gripe with him was how many fouls Gogic got away with! Eventually (after foul 27) he got a yellow card and Ross took him off immediately! Hubz  pen was a clear dive, ours was soft but at least there was contact and White was ahead of the defender. Apart from that, he did ok. 

7 hours ago, Gone said:

He's had a shocker in his last 3 fixtures.

Aberdeen Celtic - Couple of iffy pens and missed a blatant shove for Celtics equaliser

Slavia Leverkusen - Sent a guy off when there was no contact

Today - Not convinced ours or theres were penalties

Hopeless referee

I agree, I'm not convinced either of those incidents were penalties.  However, at least he was consistent and awarded both sides a dodgy penalty.  It's not his fault that one penalty taker stuck it away comfortably, while the other Hibsd it.

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Madden was right on the line with their penalty claim during normal time. Commentator reckoned Collum was going to give it barring Madden's involvement. We got a free kick.

Yes Ibrox Madden saved us. It was a stonewaller that one.

3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Yes Ibrox Madden saved us. It was a stonewaller that one.

I thought the initial ball was offside but yes, I thought he was going to give it. 

Madden also looked like he was pointing to the spot for the penalty that was given as well in the TV angle from Collums View. 

Edited by GMEdinburgh

37 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Especially when games are televised live. He thrives in the spotlight and does it for attention as he knows the cameras are in him. Probably records the games and then goes home to watch himself numerous times on rewind. 

Yup

A high-profile cup semi-final between two well known rivals at the national stadium and, guess what, the talking points are all about the ref.  Good old Willie.

TBH both penalties were pretty crap. The Hibs one was dodgier though - unless I am very much mistaken, Popescu actually pulls out of the challenge at the last moment and the Hibs player goes flying anyway.

Its nothing new, do everything possible to stop giving Collum the chance to give a penalty.

Popescu gave him the opportunity and it was taken. Still not seen a good angle of the injury time penalty shout, alot of pundits taking a guess at it but looks to me that Doidge goes looking for it and right under the nose of Madden.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Great referee.

This

😂😂😜😜

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻