Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hagar the Horrible

• And he’s not praying!

• Gorgie Boot boy

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The quadruple is on 

The only team I wouldn't want to play is rangers atm. 

We'll Likley head into the sc final unbeaten in the season to date. 

Loving the winning mentality he has this time round, you can see he’s got so much more swagger about him and it’s bound to be rubbing off on the players.

Tenaciousdandy

8 from 8, going in the right direction, every game and every win will only boost the teams and Robbie confidence to help build up to last seasons Scottish Cup final and a challenge for this seasons cup tournaments 

underwaterwoodwelder

Please no planes ffs.

leave him alone for a while and trust in his tactics.. we have a manager that will make mistakes but loves hearts fc and will get us in Europe.

1 minute ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Please no planes ffs.

leave him alone for a while and trust in his tactics.. we have a manager that will make mistakes but loves hearts fc and will get us in Europe.

I think he'll be better this time tbh. One of his weaknesses last time was poor performances v Hibs and I thought we were good against them in the SC Semi and deserved our win.

On 07/11/2020 at 20:50, boag1874 said:

Loving the winning mentality he has this time round, you can see he’s got so much more swagger about him and it’s bound to be rubbing off on the players.

This. His game management seems to have really improved as compared to before.

And he knows how to win. And win again. And win again.

Byyy The Light

Delighted he’s back and off to a flyer. Hoping for a long term appointment and sustained success like McInnes has done for Aberdeen but with some trophies thrown in.

Haringshairband
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's a good run, you can only beat what's in front of you but if we hadn't been 8 from 8 at this stage, I'd be concerned to be honest. 

Just from our performance v Dundee, I think we've another couple of gears to go up especially when the fans are back in the stadium (whenever that'll be)

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's a good run, you can only beat what's in front of you but if we hadn't been 8 from 8 at this stage, I'd be concerned to be honest. 

It's actually 11 from 11, if you count the last 3 games of his first spell!!

queensferryjambo
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Sorry for being a pedant but it is 10 from 10.

Robbie's last 2 wins in his previous spell were against Motherwell and then Rangers. We drew the 3 games before that. Daly and Kirk were in charge after Rangers match.

Not that I am complaining a win is a win :) 

image.thumb.png.88b5bb93dec889624c511c3e5f02afb1.png

8 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Just from our performance v Dundee, I think we've another couple of gears to go up especially when the fans are back in the stadium (whenever that'll be)

The win v Dundee was more to do with them being rotten rather than us being particularly spectacular. Some great individual performances though, from Walker and Kingsley in particular. 

Certainly agree that we can play much better. The Real tests will come in the cups from SPL sides and I think we showed v Hibs we can compete, albeit we weren't at our best. 

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

He certainly kens his onions does oot Robbie. Delighted to have him back where he belongs. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I’d have been gutted but I wouldn’t have been concerned if we’d lost against Hibs - we were at a huge disadvantage for a number of reasons.

I also think it is unrealistic to expect us to win every game particularly with Covid still around. We have a big squad And if say 6 key players were Covided out of a game and at short notice we’d do well to win our next game particularly against a better team in our league

Plenty better Hearts teams have been put out of cups by Championship team

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The win v Dundee was more to do with them being rotten rather than us being particularly spectacular. Some great individual performances though, from Walker and Kingsley in particular. 

Certainly agree that we can play much better. The Real tests will come in the cups from SPL sides and I think we showed v Hibs we can compete, albeit we weren't at our best. 

He certainly kens his onions does oot Robbie. Delighted to have him back where he belongs. 

Just have to pray he’s back for good 👍

Captain Sausage

Really happy with the appointment of Neilson. He’s done a very good job of shoring up our weaknesses without an enormous churn of players. 

He’s a good manager and he seems to do well in Scotland. Let’s hope that continues!

Atm the games are coming thick and fast and it is obvious that RN is utilising/testing his squad to avoid early burn out and to increase gradually the fitness levels of key players like Naisy and Big Pete.  This of course does not help continuity

When the rush of games is over, we'll probably see (injuries apart) more settled selections and better football, I hope.  Berra's fitness will also improve with game time and he will become a good option when injuries/suspensions start to take their toll

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Atm the games are coming thick and fast and it is obvious that RN is utilising/testing his squad to avoid early burn out and to increase gradually the fitness levels of key players like Naisy and Big Pete.  This of course does not help continuity

When the rush of games is over, we'll probably see (injuries apart) more settled selections and better football, I hope.  Berra's fitness will also improve with game time and he will become a good option when injuries/suspensions start to take their toll

Berra will need to improve a lot. He looked like he hadn’t played a competitive game of football for 8 months last night!!

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Berra will need to improve a lot. He looked like he hadn’t played a competitive game of football for 8 months last night!!

Aye he’s looked like that for 2 years tho 

Happy to give the big man his due respect, he’ll get a few games rotated in and hopefully end his career with 4x winners medals this season. But honestly don’t know if I’m expecting to see much improvement on what we saw last night, maybe he has an extra 10-20% at best 

10 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Sorry for being a pedant but it is 10 from 10.

Robbie's last 2 wins in his previous spell were against Motherwell and then Rangers. We drew the 3 games before that. Daly and Kirk were in charge after Rangers match.

Not that I am complaining a win is a win :) 

image.thumb.png.88b5bb93dec889624c511c3e5f02afb1.png

You are quite right, I don't know where I got it into my head that he won the last 3 matches  of his first spell.  That said 10 wins a row is still outstanding 🙂 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

If we go deep into the Betfred Cup and the 2021 Scottish Cup we will be playing twice a week pretty much every week after xmas.  I doubt we'll be fielding reserve teams like we have against Raith and East Fife, but squad rotation will be essential.

Hagar the Horrible

I would like to see his overall stats as a Hearts Manager over both terms,  it must be up there with managers who have been in charge of 50 games or more, if not top.  I think Robbie is a square peg in a square hole

Thing is it could have been better if after we won the championship he changed to a more causious approach where we looked like we had to cling onto a lead. Its hard to complain when he won the league before the clocks changed and won by more than 20 points against Hibs and Rangers,  and I am not complaining, but you cant help notice he started to prepare a strategy aimed at the SPFL, when it was unnecessary as the top flight are not that much better.

I think his game management is better, the stats say so, but I should not be nervous in the last 10 mins against east Fife after scoring 3 goals.  But that is now in the history books, onto the next game and one game at a time,  but I do hope we give somebody a total doing, like against the blue Brazil.  In Robbie we trust!

But could some clever clogs put up his stats please?

3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I would like to see his overall stats as a Hearts Manager over both terms,  it must be up there with managers who have been in charge of 50 games or more, if not top.  I think Robbie is a square peg in a square hole

Thing is it could have been better if after we won the championship he changed to a more causious approach where we looked like we had to cling onto a lead. Its hard to complain when he won the league before the clocks changed and won by more than 20 points against Hibs and Rangers,  and I am not complaining, but you cant help notice he started to prepare a strategy aimed at the SPFL, when it was unnecessary as the top flight are not that much better.

I think his game management is better, the stats say so, but I should not be nervous in the last 10 mins against east Fife after scoring 3 goals.  But that is now in the history books, onto the next game and one game at a time,  but I do hope we give somebody a total doing, like against the blue Brazil.  In Robbie we trust!

But Hagar, surely he did really well on our return to the Premiership? Comfortably third in the first season and second when he left. I have no complaints about Robbie either then or now.

Hagar the Horrible
19 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

But Hagar, surely he did really well on our return to the Premiership? Comfortably third in the first season and second when he left. I have no complaints about Robbie either then or now.

I do find it hard to get past THAT Hibs game,  And I have to decide is that one defeat the price of all the wins.

I will say this If we win the league again and win the cup final, I will finally be over it.  Robbie did show the passion against Hibs last week, and thats why I will get over it, and just enjoy the ride, his record is second to none

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d have been gutted but I wouldn’t have been concerned if we’d lost against Hibs - we were at a huge disadvantage for a number of reasons.

I also think it is unrealistic to expect us to win every game particularly with Covid still around. We have a big squad And if say 6 key players were Covided out of a game and at short notice we’d do well to win our next game particularly against a better team in our league

Plenty better Hearts teams have been put out of cups by Championship team

I always expect to beat Hibs tbh. It would be very disappointing if we didn't. 

I don't expect us to win every game. Sometimes the other side play well but I also don't expect us to lose games v much lesser opposition. There is no team in the Championship or lower that should beat us. 

Obviously if we were depleted due to unfortunate circumstances then that would be different. 

11 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I do find it hard to get past THAT Hibs game,

It's football, a game where a stroke of luck prompts pages and hours of cod analysis. I'm not complaining about that; but we do spend ages going on about the character of a team or some other crap just because a post got in the way of a shot or a linesman failed to put his flag up. Someone misses a penalty and another player scores his and all of a sudden tens of thousands of people are happy (or not, as the case may be).

In 2016, Hibs scored two late goals, including a really soft one, against us. I'm not going to judge a manager's career on that. The jury is not out on Robbie. His results speak for themselves.

The guy is doing so so well. We only went one way when he left and that was downhill, he is clearly a quality manager. Look what he's achieved so far:

- made quality signings (Gordon, Ginelly, Kingsley, Halliday) 

- emptied most of the deadwood

- getting the best out of players we never thought would be competing for the first 11 (Wighton, Lee)

- getting Haring back to fitness (not sure how much he is due credit here but still)

- 8 wins out of 8!

- cup final after destroying a Hibs side going well when we weren't even match fit

- topping Betfred cup group when other SPL teams are struggling and something we have struggled with in past seasons

One Robbie Neilson

Edited by Perrykitch

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Whilst I can understand this sentiment.

This is the first time we’ve ever won all 4 league cup games and it’s a solid start to the season. 

Hopefully we keep churning out the wins in the league and build up a decent gap.

And he’s not praying!
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

First spell - Played 106. Won 62. Drawn 22. Lost 22. Win ratio - 58.5%. 

This time round - Played 8. Won 8. Drawn 0. Lost 0. Win ratio - 100%.

Technically the Semi final was a draw but any win in extra time v them is a win in my book 😎

He is doing well and silencing those who were sceptical of his return (of which I admit I was one). Beating Hibs in a semi final was absolutely massive and I applaud his whole approach to the game by getting the players back as early as possible to give us as good a chance as possible. The team pulled it out for him and the fact that we are 100% so far in the league and league Cup speaks volumes for him. Let's hope this run carries on and we can get promoted and win a cup. 

Hagar the Horrible
2 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Technically the Semi final was a draw but any win in extra time v them is a win in my book 😎

Awsome  a 61% win ratio and overall 81% gets a result, I think we have a future in Robbie

Guest ToqueJambo

He's definitely developed since leaving us the first time, which I suppose was his aim. He's still consistent in terms of results and is still sticking to what he knows works for him - like wide players and a solid CM duo - but seems much more sure of himself. His substitutions have seemed better this time around so far.

It takes some doing to turn around a team that was so far down the toilet as we were and facing all the covid challenges, etc and then - within jus a few weeks and hardly any games and with almost a whole new team - take us into a derby semi-final against a better prepared, confident Hibs and actually most of us were confident we'd win. And then to actually get the result. Pretty stunning when you think about it, especially with the pressure on him from some of our own support after the 2016 cup.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

only 22 losses in his first spell. on average just one defeat every 5 games or so. pretty decent. 

bit hit and miss the last few weeks but RN's rode his luck. As Napoleon said "I'd rather have lucky generals than good ones".

I think RN might be a bit of both!

Scottie Wanshot.

Robbie is doing a great job, considering everything, Virus/ no supporters/ very little money coming in. He will be here long term, and I think best man for the job. Having him is night and day compared with Stendel, who didn't have clue.