Robbie Neilson

And he’s not praying!

And he’s not praying!

First spell - Played 106. Won 62. Drawn 22. Lost 22. Win ratio - 58.5%. Won the Championship at an absolute canter. Left for MK Dons with us 2nd in the Premiership.

This time round - Played 4. Won 4. Drawn 0. Lost 0. Win ratio - 100%.

From reading this board lately there appears to be some who are unwilling to back him or trust him completely which I find bizarre. Some even appear to pine for Daniel Stendel, which given his rotten record I find even more bizarre.

So what is it? That he isn’t foreign? That he’s quietly spoken, that his team once let a 2 goal lead slip to hibs?

As a Hearts fan I want Hearts to win football matches. Robbie Neilson at Hearts, as the above shows, wins football matches.

I hope he’s here for years to come. ♥️

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hagar the Horrible

• And he’s not praying!

• Gorgie Boot boy

And he’s not praying!
4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Odd time to start this thread.

I thought it was odd reading him being abused last week after we’d won a game but hey ho.

1 minute ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I thought it was odd reading him being abused last week after we’d won a game but hey ho.

As did I.

I've found it strange that people have moaned after every win other than last night.

But two wrongs don't make a right mate.

RustyRightPeg

Genuinely believe people will never forgive him for the Hibs 2-2 at Tynecastle.

Personally delighted he chose to come back.

part_time_jambo
17 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

First spell - Played 106. Won 62. Drawn 22. Lost 22. Win ratio - 58.5%. Won the Championship at an absolute canter. Left for MK Dons with us 2nd in the Premiership.

From reading this board lately there appears to be some who are unwilling to back him or trust him completely which I find bizarre. Some even appear to pine for Daniel Stendel, which given his rotten record I find even more bizarre.

So what is it? That he isn’t foreign? That he’s quietly spoken, that his team once let a 2 goal lead slip to hibs?

As a Hearts fan I want Hearts to win football matches. Robbie Neilson at Hearts, as the above shows, wins football matches.

That's the one.

I back him though.

Edited by part_time_jambo

And he’s not praying!
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

That's the one.

I back him though.

Well those people need to get a grip. We’ve been utterly horrendous since he left bar a couple of months under CL. 

Nobody loves beating the filth more than me but it’s pointless beating them and finding yourself in the league below them.

9 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

As did I.

I've found it strange that people have moaned after every win other than last night.

But two wrongs don't make a right mate.

Not sure where you are getting 2 wrongs from ?

tartofmidlothian
37 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Agreed.

What's also telling is when you compare his spell with Lennon's time at Hibs.

Neilson 

Win ratio: 58.5%

Won the Championship with 91 points, a record, while up against Rangers and Hibs.

First season back in the top league, finished 3rd.

Left for England when we were in 2nd place.

Low point was being knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Hibs.

Second round of European qualifying.

Lennon

Win ratio: 47.97%

Won the Championship with 71 points, twenty off the record, while up against Dundee United.

First season back in the top league, finished 4th.

Left for Celtic when Hibs were in 7th.

Got knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Hearts.

Third round of European qualifying.

Lennon's European finish is the only area where Neilson didn't do comfortably better than him.

49 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I agree with you and it will only take a loss to Hibs for them to get worse.So let's hope Robbie and the squad ram it up them to shut the doubters right up.

Byyy The Light
44 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You have to point and laugh at these people. They’re the equivalent of flat earthers and have lost all grasp of reality.

51 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yup. Filthy rainy day, we were ahead against the run of play I think, Ozturk subbed at half time (injury) and we collapsed second half.

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Not sure where you are getting 2 wrongs from ?

1. Greeting faced ***** moaning after a win

2. OP using a tremendous win and a great start of the season to dig these people out and look for an argument.

Just enjoy the victory, 

It's bad enough that the boo boys will find any reason to moan even when we are winning, the happy clappers (which I tend to class myself as, just like the OP) can't miss a chance to try and make a point.

We think Robbie is the right man for the job.

We are being proven right, don't try and rub folks noses in it, for sure as shite they'll be back in force when we draw away to Ayr or the likes.

6 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

2. OP using a tremendous win and a great start of the season to dig these people out and look for an argument.

Just enjoy the victory, 

It's bad enough that the boo boys will find any reason to moan even when we are winning, the happy clappers (which I tend to class myself as, just like the OP) can't miss a chance to try and make a point.

We are being proven right, don't try and rub folks noses in it, for sure as shite they'll be back in force when we draw away to Ayr or the likes.

Think op is making a valid point . No idea if he's looking for an argument  

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Wonder if they’ll forgive him when  we pump the wee team in the semi and dispatch their big cousins in the final 🤔

Probably two things:

i) Couldnt leave fast enough first time

ii) Bottled it against Hibs too often, in particular that cup game

I think it brings us stability and think he will do fine. That being said for a proportion, he will never be able to live down those money spinning replay comments, or trying to be clever and change things in big games which rarely worked. Also he jumped as soon as he could from Utd to Hearts. I suspect if another job came up that in his mind is "bigger",  he will be off as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Well those people need to get a grip. We’ve been utterly horrendous since he left bar a couple of months under CL. 

Nobody loves beating the filth more than me but it’s pointless beating them and finding yourself in the league below them.

Never pointless beating them regardless of what league we’re in imo! 

Berra than you
1 minute ago, DMac-89 said:

Probably two things:

I think it brings us stability and think he will do fine. That being said for a proportion, he will never be able to live down those money spinning replay comments, or trying to be clever and change things in big games which rarely worked. Also he jumped as soon as he could from Utd to Hearts. I suspect if another job came up that in his mind is "bigger",  he will be off as soon as possible.

I think Robbie was getting the big games right later on in his spell with us. I also think it's no coincidence that he has jumped back as soon as a certain DOF left the building. 

11 minutes ago, DMac-89 said:

Probably two things:

Other than the cup games, what other games against hibs did he ‘bottle’? The one we lost after we had wrapped the league title up in record breaking fashion? 

On 17/10/2020 at 11:15, RustyRightPeg said:

I think the last two games show he is no longer afraid of setting his team up for a fight against a disliked opponent. In the past we were sometimes too nice under him. Now, I feel like we will go out to smash hibs in the semi. Win or lose, we will battle.

On 17/10/2020 at 10:03, And he’s not praying! said:

He has indeed got a good record albeit that a big majority of these games were in a lower league.  We are after all, or should be, a top level team.  That said we have struggled terribly in the past against supposedly poorer opposition and RN, with his 2 championship titles behind him, seems to know how to beat them.

Hagar the Horrible

The problem with Robbie is the 2-2 game with Hibs sums up his MO,  If he thinks the game is won he consolidates and defends that lead,  Dundee smelt that in the second half, if they had another half chance that they got lucky with, I think we would have crumbled, other might disagree.  However fate interviened and we scored the 5th thus Dundee gave up the ghost and we got a 6th.  That is a statement to the rest of the league now albeit they will all shut up shop, the counter to that is not pleasant and that is to give them the ball, it opens up defensive teams.

We dont have to desperately defend a lead, keep all out attack, especially the first 5 mins of the second half, keep the pace up.

Dare I say it but this season we need to be more Celtic

On 17/10/2020 at 10:15, RustyRightPeg said:

People still don't forgive a cup winning captain & club legend for something irrelevant that happened 13 years ago (like it evens needs forgiveness).

So you can guarantee a section of our 'support' won't ever forgive Neilson for the 2-2.

Weakened Offender
24 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

However fate interviened and we scored the 5th thus Dundee gave up the ghost and we got a 6th.

That's up there. 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Fate intervened by scoring two excellent team goals

Fate intervened prior to Robbie's side crumbling and Hearts somehow managed to score a 5th and then a 6th. 😁

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Fate intervened prior to Robbie's side crumbling and Hearts somehow managed to score a 5th and then a 6th. 😁

The boy Fate is a player

I love that he’s brought McCulloch in with him. Reckon alongside Naismith, Halliday and Gordon we’ll have a real winning mentality in the squad. These guys are used to high expectations so is only a good thing for the squad. Too much mediocrity in recent years imo. 

Pleased Robbie is back. It’s a good call from Ann. 

And he’s not praying!
40 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The problem with Robbie is the 2-2 game with Hibs sums up his MO,  If he thinks the game is won he consolidates and defends that lead,  Dundee smelt that in the second half, if they had another half chance that they got lucky with, I think we would have crumbled, other might disagree.  However fate interviened and we scored the 5th thus Dundee gave up the ghost and we got a 6th.  That is a statement to the rest of the league now albeit they will all shut up shop, the counter to that is not pleasant and that is to give them the ball, it opens up defensive teams.

We dont have to desperately defend a lead, keep all out attack, especially the first 5 mins of the second half, keep the pace up.

Nonsense. Especially regarding Friday night.

If you’ve ever played football you’ll know that when sitting with a 2/3 goal lead it’s the most natural thing in the world to sit 10 yards further back, to protect what you have. Very rarely does a manager have control over that. It’s human nature. What I felt he was guilty of on Friday was not making a change sooner.

You’ve somehow managed to make us sound fortunate to win on Friday. They scored a goal from Adam where had one of our players done their job it was easily preventable and another where our wide man (ginelly) didn’t step up and play the boy offside. Both their goals could easily have been avoided.

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Nonsense. Especially regarding Friday night.

If you’ve ever played football you’ll know that when sitting with a 2/3 goal lead it’s the most natural thing in the world to sit 10 yards further back, to protect what you have. Very rarely does a manager have control over that. It’s human nature. What I felt he was guilty of on Friday was not making a change sooner.

You’ve somehow managed to make us sound fortunate to win on Friday. They scored a goal from Adam where had one of our players done their job it was easily preventable and another where our wide man (ginelly) didn’t step up and play the boy offside. Both their goals could easily have been avoided.

I dont normally bite to a FNP but last time after we won the championship, we changed our system after going a goal up and stated to defend way too deep, the 2-2 game was a prime example, so was the falkirk game.  And no I did not make out we were lucky, as Dundee did not have 2 goals in them,   What I am saying is we came out the second half, JOB done, we need to start better in the second half.  The proof in that pudding is a plane with a banner and a fan base split down the middle.

What I am guitly of is wanting us to be more ruthless, like the Cowden game,  6 was just not enough,  I think we had a gear or 2 to go up and perhaps the lack of fans helped that

And a word of advice you dont know what level any of us played football at, as a newbie you changed a debating point to score a cheap point by making out you know better because you played the game.  If you had played the game then you would know, very few players have the brains to change a plug, so dont use it to belittle us mere mortals as unless you have a world cup winners medal, I dont care!!!!!!

Will the ones who blame Robbie for hibs winning the Cup after getting beat in the 3rd or 4th round of the Cup forgive him if we beat them in the semi final, even if we don't win the final? 

And he’s not praying!
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I dont normally bite to a FNP but last time after we won the championship, we changed our system after going a goal up and stated to defend way too deep, the 2-2 game was a prime example, so was the falkirk game.  And no I did not make out we were lucky, as Dundee did not have 2 goals in them,   What I am saying is we came out the second half, JOB done, we need to start better in the second half.  The proof in that pudding is a plane with a banner and a fan base split down the middle.

What I am guitly of is wanting us to be more ruthless, like the Cowden game,  6 was just not enough,  I think we had a gear or 2 to go up and perhaps the lack of fans helped that

And a word of advice you dont know what level any of us played football at, as a newbie you changed a debating point to score a cheap point by making out you know better because you played the game.  If you had played the game then you would know, very few players have the brains to change a plug, so dont use it to belittle us mere mortals as unless you have a world cup winners medal, I dont care!!!!!!

Sure seems that way.

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The 5th coming from our left back who ran onto a lay off 25 yards out.  Hardy sitting back and defending is it?

And he’s not praying!
Just now, The Apprentice said:

The 5th coming from our left back who ran onto a lay off 25 yards out.  Hardy sitting back and defending is it?

😁

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

They did tire at that point, and class is class after all! and its a mute point as my fears  did not happen, but I am glad we did not find out what would have happened in the last quarter if they pulled another back.  I am being over critical I know that, and worrying about a what if?  But that game has gone now, and I wnat to worry about the remaining 26 games, and how we will react if we go a goal down.  At some point we will give somebody a real doing I can feel it

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

They did tire at that point, and class is class after all! and its a mute point as my fears  did not happen, but I am glad we did not find out what would have happened in the last quarter if they pulled another back.  I am being over critical I know that, and worrying about a what if?  But that game has gone now, and I wnat to worry about the remaining 26 games, and how we will react if we go a goal down.  At some point we will give somebody a real doing I can feel it

Start with Arbroath.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Start with Arbroath.

they just lost 3-0 to Raith and we won 6-2 against Dundee, should be tasty

5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

they just lost 3-0 to Raith and we won 6-2 against Dundee, should be tasty

Aye Raith were 3 up in 44 mins, was worried they might go above us, but never happened.

1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Would the intervention of fate be the substitutions made by the manager to turn the game back in our favour? 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

Would the intervention of fate be the substitutions made by the manager to turn the game back in our favour? 

Cant argue with that, but there was an uncomfortable 20 minutes, that gave them hope.  And if there was one game where 6 was just not enough, Scumdee was that one. I think it was an opertuntity lost to twist the knife, especially after the we way we played in the first half.  I know we cant keep up a performance for 90 minutes at some point we will need to defend........I just thought we would come out all guns blazing in the second half, and it looked like we shut up shop by design with lets just hit on the break.  I still think if we had all been there I would have gotten my wish

58 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I actually disagree with the main part of your post but this bit is bang on the money.

It boils my pish seeing people claim you don't know what you are talking about because they played sunday league.

You have no idea how much Football manager experience I have son, I know the game inside out.

Hagar the Horrible
8 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I actually disagree with the main part of your post but this bit is bang on the money.

It boils my pish seeing people claim you don't know what you are talking about because they played sunday league.

You have no idea how much Football manager experience I have son, I know the game inside out.

Thanks for that, I know my arguement on this part alone is weak and was just a discussion point. 

But you did recognise that part which pissed me off no end.  And i dont need to elaborate on that.....point well made sir

14 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Thanks for that, I know my arguement on this part alone is weak and was just a discussion point. 

But you did recognise that part which pissed me off no end.  And i dont need to elaborate on that.....point well made sir

👍

If you think this place is bad for it, try being a boxing fan and frequenting boxing forums with guys who had 3 amateur fights

Sheesh

On 17/10/2020 at 13:11, davie1980 said:

Just enjoy the victory, 

The easily offended are the only ones that would want to make an argument,  other than the interlopers, of course.