Retiring Shirt No. 26

Restonbabe

Walter Bishop
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. Great Hearts player as Zal was he was not Conn Bauld Wardaugh or Mackay and their numbers were not retired.p

He was a winning Scottish cup captain in the biggest derby that will ever be played. He is right up there with all the players you mention. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

He was a winning Scottish cup captain in the biggest derby that will ever be played. He is right up there with all the players you mention. 

You're right its the biggest that will ever be played. Hibs will never be back in the final for another 120 years

As for retiring the shirt I say let Craig Halkett keep wearing it. Him and Popescu were man mountains last night, it was like Zal was on the pitch. They look the best partnership since him and Webster. Sad to lose Zaliukas but let Halkett wear the #26 with the pride he played with last night. 

6 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Don't think we should retire the number. It's been done a number of times already.

I have another idea: from now on, the club captain always wears #26.

like that idea

Get it on the match shirts for the final and if that's not possible, on the shorts or socks. Or a special one off shirt for the final with 26 faded into the shirt. 

I didn't want to put this in the RIP thread for obvious reasons but...mind the time he got sent off against Aberdeen for absolutely nothing, then it got reviewed and they stuck with the decision. An absolute shambles. 

He was a great man!