Scottish cup final 2020

One five

8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Flat ????????

Ill be orbiting the ****ing moon if it ends with the cup in maroon ribbons πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ†

Me too just pointing out the lack of a big party is pants!Β 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Flat ????????

Ill be orbiting the ****ing moon if it ends with the cup in maroon ribbons πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ‡±πŸ‡»πŸ†

It'll be the biggest up yours to the lot of ever.Β  Please make it happen.Β 

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

If we win it’ll be a bit flat. No parade / mass celebration and if we do the SFA will probably award the cup to Celtic as punishment.Β 

I’ll be so high I’ll be in Santa’s sleigh on Christmas Eve!Β 
Β 

I can’t imagine a better Christmas present than beating them on the 20th and seeing Lennon booted out at full time!

32 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Me too just pointing out the lack of a big party is pants!Β 

πŸ‘πŸ»

A_A wehatethehibs

19-05-12 - Hearts 19th major trophy

20-12-20 - Hearts 20th major trophyΒ 

Β 

πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ ✨ 2-2 extra time winnerΒ 

Β 

Β 

43 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'll settle for:-

Β 

20-12-20 following a Celtic implosion. πŸ™‚

Starting to get more confident now, they Celtic players just aren’t up for it at all. Lennon is the new Levein you just can’t seem to get rid of him so I really hope these rumours of β€œthe players are trying to get him the sack” is true because throwing away a cup final to a lower league side would certainly do that!Β 
Β 

one thing I did think though is how I really wish we stillΒ did have some big bruiser like uche. Last thing they Celtic defenders want just now is any type of physical battleΒ 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Love your thinking πŸ‘

Gimme an H...
9 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Starting to get more confident now, they Celtic players just aren’t up for it at all. Lennon is the new Levein you just can’t seem to get rid of him so I really hope these rumours of β€œthe players are trying to get him the sack” is true because throwing away a cup final to a lower league side would certainly do that!Β 
Β 

one thing I did think though is how I really wish we stillΒ did have some big bruiser like uche. Last thing they Celtic defenders want just now is any type of physical battleΒ 

Β 

Boyce is about 10x the player Uche will ever be. He'll give them enough to worry about.

Edited by Gimme an H...

1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

Β 

Boyce is about 10x the player Uche will ever be. He'll give them enough to worry about.

Absolutely, didn’t really rate uche but just have a feeling duff man wouldn’t fancy a battle against a big huddy like thatΒ 

Π‘Π°Π»Π°Ρ‚Π½Ρ‹Π΅ ΠΏΠ°Π»ΠΎΡ‡ΠΊΠΈ

Lennon's position as Celtic manager being reviewed in the New Year.Β 

Β 

Surely this is a great chance for us to do it!Β 

2 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

sit the players down and watch the video of the 4-0 game and then recreateΒ 

They do their bit, we do ours -Β Poznan followedΒ by Sweet Caroline -although we’ll be in our living rooms πŸ₯³

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Β 

We can have a parade in the summer when we have all been vaccinatedΒ 

Just been told 2021 Scottish Cup starts in January, we could realistically win it in December and have to hand it back 3/4 weeks later

That would be such a Hearts thing to happen

Β 

Or we could win it again and really upset the authorities.Β  And Hibs fans.

8 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Β 

We can have a parade in the summer when we have all been vaccinatedΒ 

Just been told 2021 Scottish Cup starts in January, we could realistically win it in December and have to hand it back 3/4 weeks later

That would be such a Hearts thing to happen

Think positive, we can beat Hibs twice in the cup in the same season!

Bearing in mind how angry I was with the so-called performances against Alloa. I'm feeling remarkably relaxed about this Cup Final.

Β 

I honestly think our players will have to be reminded how good these Celtic players can be.Β  They will have to go out and fight for everything.

Β 

I think they will.

Cannot wait for the final. We're gonnae do this mob, easy.Β 

Β 

3-0

Β 

C'mon Hearts!Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

:heartscup:Β :yas:

Β 

:fth:

Disser Pointon
17 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

I’ll be so high I’ll be in Santa’s sleigh on Christmas Eve!Β 
Β 

I can’t imagine a better Christmas present than beating them on the 20th and seeing Lennon booted out at full time!

This is where I'm at. πŸ‘

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Β 

Β 

I kind of wish we still had Uche as well, but not for games like theΒ Celtic game -Β for Morton, Alloa and those games.

Β 

Impossible to know what's going on in the Celtic players' heads. A lot of them are probably thinking about the exit doors. I think Lennon will play all the Scottish lads in the final - Turnbull, Griffths, Brown, Christie, Taylor, maybe even Bain in a last throw of the dice.Β 

Β 

No fans evens things up a bit but they still have a lot of strength in depth and players used to big games. I keep going from the most confident I've ever been playing Celtic in a big cup game to remembering how things generally go against Celtic in cup games. Can't wait for the 20th though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Will Hearts Tv have coverage for people abroad?Β  My mate is out the country and wanting to know if he'll have to find a stream or get it via Hearts TV.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Will Hearts Tv have coverage for people abroad?Β  My mate is out the country and wanting to know if he'll have to find a stream or get it via Hearts TV.

I'm sure it will beΒ ok.

Β 

Challenge with Hearts International TV and no games this season is Championship clubs blocking so as to get direct PPV income.

Hate to be negative, but even with Lennon in the dugout, it’s still a cup final, at Hampden, against us. Β They’ll raise their game for this. Β After the huns, this is their big game. Β 

Can’t wait for Naismith to climb those steps at Hampden and lift the trophy high above his head. πŸ†Β 

Β 

Name’s on it.

56 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Hate to be negative, but even with Lennon in the dugout, it’s still a cup final, at Hampden, against us. Β They’ll raise their game for this. Β After the huns, this is their big game. Β 

We'll need a miracle to win this game, given the quality of players we have available.

Β 

But miracles sometimes happen around Christmas!

21 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

sit the players down and watch the video of the 4-0 game and then recreateΒ 

I remember Levein’s pre match interview where he said he had so many injuries in defence he was β€œjust going to have a go!”

We thought that result would usher in a new dawn of attacking football......

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Uche would have done well this season IMO.Β And it’s odd for Neilson not to have a striker with someΒ height - Sow, JonnsonΒ Β 

Β 

Some might say he’d have found his level but my instinct is we’d have a better β€œgoals for” column so far this season.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I remember Levein’s pre match interview where he said he had so many injuries in defence he was β€œjust going to have a go!”

We thought that result would usher in a new dawn of attacking football......

MacPhee had studied how Molde played and beat them - and we all thought he was an analytical genius πŸ˜‚

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Uche would have done well this season IMO.Β And it’s odd for Neilson not to have a striker with someΒ height - Sow, JonnsonΒ Β 

Β 

Some might say he’d have found his level but my instinct is we’d have a better β€œgoals for” column so far this season.

My feelings entirely. Some seem to forget that before he got his injury the big man was impossible for defences to handle!

He is still young and would have been an invaluable asset on heavy Championship pitches with teams sitting in and as a late plan B.

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

This is my thinking as well, plus an easier beat down than Der Hun.

Β 

On top of that, given how big things have gone the complete opposite way to what we expected this year, I'm kinda expecting Celtic to absolutely stuff us in the final as the catalyst to start their vast improvement and save Lennons job.Β 

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Β 

I kind of wish we still had Uche as well, but not for games like theΒ Celtic game -Β for Morton, Alloa and those games.

Β 

Impossible to know what's going on in the Celtic players' heads. A lot of them are probably thinking about the exit doors. I think Lennon will play all the Scottish lads in the final - Turnbull, Griffths, Brown, Christie, Taylor, maybe even Bain in a last throw of the dice.Β 

Β 

No fans evens things up a bit but they still have a lot of strength in depth and players used to big games. I keep going from the most confident I've ever been playing Celtic in a big cup game to remembering how things generally go against Celtic in cup games. Can't wait for the 20th though.

How does no fans even things up ?Β 

If fans were allowed they would be 50-50.

28 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

This is my thinking as well, plus an easier beat down than Der Hun.

Β 

On top of that, given how big things have gone the complete opposite way to what we expected this year, I'm kinda expecting Celtic to absolutely stuff us in the final as the catalyst to start their vast improvement and save Lennons job.Β 

Yep. Β They then use the cup win as a springboard to an unbeaten run which sees them claim 10IAR. Β Hearts fans and Rangers fans then turn on Robbie saying it was all his fault. Β 

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I see Inverness offered to host the Scottish Cup so fans could get in but it got knocked backΒ πŸ˜‚

Β 

A strange offer but fair enough. There’s a fair few Celtic fans up there but know we’ve got some good support up north also.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Β 

Got a feeling the new striker he will be looking at in the upcoming window might have a bit of strength and height about him.Β 

3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm sure it will beΒ ok.

Β 

Challenge with Hearts International TV and no games this season is Championship clubs blocking so as to get direct PPV income.

Cheers mate.

been here before
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

My feelings entirely. Some seem to forget that before he got his injury the big man was impossible for defences to handle!

He is still young and would have been an invaluable asset on heavy Championship pitches with teams sitting in and as a late plan B.

Β 

And some seem to forget that it didnt take long for those same defences to suss out how to play against him. Back off him and he lacked the skill to do anything else.

Β 

He wasnt difficult to play against.Β 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Β 

Celtic have suffered more than other clubs without fan backing IMO.

On 08/12/2020 at 11:56, 3fingersreid said:

Flat ????????

Absolutely!!!! After the past year and what happened to Hearts this summer, it will be fantastic if we can win it

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

The point is that Celtic's results & performances this season have been consistently below par (by their standards) - seems possibleΒ Β that the lack of atmosphere is affecting them a lot more than it's affecting everyone else.Β  Β 

Β 

Even the mhanky half ofΒ  a 50-50 attendance at Hampden would give them enough spark to overcome most teams.

Β 

SoΒ longΒ as our players give their all,Β don't give away any daft goals, and Beaton doesn't become a Clancy-by-proxy thenΒ Β we've got a reasonable chance imo.Β 

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Β 

And some seem to forget that it didnt take long for those same defences to suss out how to play against him. Back off him and he lacked the skill to do anything else.

Β 

You mean like the two Hibs defenders at Easter Road? Backing off ended well for them that day, eh? A wee Ali shuffle, feed Hickey, and BOOM! πŸ˜‰

been here before
14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You mean like the two Hibs defenders at Easter Road? Backing off ended well for them that day, eh? A wee Ali shuffle, feed Hickey, and BOOM! πŸ˜‰

Β 

Or...

Β 

Β 

BOOM eh?

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

MacPhee had studied how Molde played and beat them - and we all thought he was an analytical genius πŸ˜‚

I wish analysis of the opposition was what we'd employed MacPhee to do. For some reason we pretty much had him doing various roles which suited his development but didn't suit the club...

7 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Β 

Waste of time. Whatever division he played in, his card is marked by officials who throw the rule book out the window; they look at his size and give nothing. Not his fault just how it is.

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Β 

Β 

And some seem to forget that Stendel didn’t play him as he didn’t fit in with his style of play, not because defences had sussed him out IMO.

For the record my post said he could have been a good plan B in the Championship - where by the way defences haven’t sussed him out!

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Exactly! πŸ‘

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Β 

Or...

Β 

Β 

BOOM eh?

If we’re playing tit for tat how about the vid of Uche ripping the Aberdeen defence a new one and scoring the winner at Tynecastle?

been here before
23 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And some seem to forget that Stendel didn’t play him as he didn’t fit in with his style of play, not because defences had sussed him out IMO.

For the record my post said he could have been a good plan B in the Championship - where by the way defences haven’t sussed him out!

Β 

Aye right enough Im forgetting ChampionshipΒ teams dont have tellys and cant afford to send people to watch games. They dont talk to other people or have online access. They cant read reports and work things out for themselves. Theyd really have no idea what gmtheyd be up against or who he even was, let alone know how to play him. It would be a total surprise.

Β 

Seems like we're entering yet another area where you're an expert.

Β 

Architecture, stadium design, new stand construction, the installation and upkeep of hybrid sports pitches and now the mindset and tactics of 1st Divisiion football teams. There really is no beginning to your expertise and no end to the puerile shite you spout.

Β 

Β 

Edited by been here before