Sean Connery

ri Alban

luckyBatistuta

Enjoyed him in The Man Who Would Be King, but was never really a fan of him as an actor. That said, I was gutted when I heard this news. The Edinburgh lad done well.

A sad day

RIP big man

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, weegranty said:

The man that would be king was my favourite role he played in.

One of the all time classic movies. Anyone who hasn’t seen it is in for one hell of a treat.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Great actor and a good age to live to.

I loved his Bond films when I was growing up, but the first non-Bond film of his that I remember watching was The Hill, and he was tremendous in that. Proved that he was a great actor who could take on more challenging roles. The documentary that was shown recently on BBC Scotland  was a fantastic watch, and I expect it will be getting a re-airing soon. 

RIP

First heard of him when he was part of a group that ruled the old Palais, and my sister talked about them. My wife and I saw him in Princes Street right at Woolworths he was getting started in the acting, he had on an old pair of shoes that were cut down the back as if they were actually too small for him. He worked for the Store at one point. Later having achieved a modicum of fame he was at Niddrie to open a facility. He had delivered milk there apparently, nd Willie the wee guy who seemed to have been the Niddrie milkman  for years made some comment like do you remember me Sean, and he replied no but I remember the suit.  He done well for a laddie from Grove Street he had a good run but in a way I am sorry he has gone, on reflection it seems he has always been part of life fo me.

Ernie might've been the fastest milkman in the West but going by the number of folk who say he was their milkman, Sean must have had the biggest ****ing delivery run in the East.

Very sad news.

A great actor and a great Scot, widely admired everywhere.

May we all live to be 90 and enjoy the success that he did.  :bravo:

8 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Great actor and a good age to live to.

I loved his Bond films when I was growing up, but the first non-Bond film of his that I remember watching was The Hill, and he was tremendous in that. Proved that he was a great actor who could take on more challenging roles. The documentary that was shown recently on BBC Scotland  was a fantastic watch, and I expect it will be getting a re-airing soon. 

RIP

I always felt it was a shame that a lot of people seem incapable of seeing beyond Bond. The Offence which also starred Ian Bannen is a tremendous film where he got to properly show he was a proper actor. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Ernie might've been the fastest milkman in the West but going by the number of folk who say he was their milkman, Sean must have had the biggest ****ing delivery run in the East.

Aye, he was the equivalent of where j k Rowling wrote her Harry Potter books.

Think I'll watch a triple bill of his greatest movies. 

Entrapment, League of Extraordinary Gentleman with Medicine Man to top it off. Epic. 

All of his movies are great, including Marnie. If you haven't watched it you should.

So gutted by this but he did live to a good age and what a life. What a man.

Iconic doesn't even cover it. I will be only drinking vodka martinis tonight - shaken, not stirred.

If I had met him, it would have been like meeting god himself. What a man.

Just now, JJ93 said:

Did he support Hearts btw? I think he must have being brought up in Fountainbridge. 

Definitely been in a photo in a Hearts programme with WM. 

scott herbertson

Our grannie was pals with her mum (Effie IIRC)  and I used to play at their feet at the Tolcross Bowling Club and at the cafe at the top of Goldbergs, back in the mid 60s. Don't think he was a Hearts man or my grandad would have probably said something (he was in the local supporters club)

manaliveits105

Legend - rip 

was born in 176 Fountainbridge (plaque on new building now) and not sure if that was an alley to tenements where Asa Wass - rag skin and metal merchants were  - people used to take old clothes there for cash - our mother used to take my brother and I but they wouldnt buy us

Fountainbridge known for its smells with the rubber mill and 2 breweries 

Thought Sean was a bit seltiky until his pal Murray got him along to Ibrox - he certainly took interest in the international team

Shanks said no

Really sad one and a great son of Edinburgh.

My old man knew him from Fountainbridge and from when Sean was a doorman at the Palais de Danse 

RIP Sir Sean