Michael Stewart

rory78

Spat out my toast reading his daft column this morning 🙄 couple of things that i picked out were his comment that "Hibs players are used to winning derby games" he used Boyle as an example as he's only lost 3 out of 11 he's played 🙄 failing to mention that during that time Hearts have beat Hibs a few times it just so happened that Boyle wasnt playing - he also goes on about a shift in power?? In the last 25 Edinburgh Derbies Hearts have won 10 Hibs 8 and 7 draws 🙄 

The only reason Hibs have not been our complete bitches recently was Mcgeough Mcginn Allen playing together in midfield. Apart from the bad penny Allen the other 2 mutants are long gone.

FTH

Borders Jambo

The inane ramblings of an idiot.

He likes to think he is important and he also puts forward this idea that he is so intelligent when it comes to Scottish football.

In reality he doesn't appear to do much if any research and simply spouts the same bile as the likes of another so called Hearts fan Preston.  

Hearts fans my a*se.

His shadow is in the wain as a pundit while Steven Thompson's star is rising.

BBC now being more PC by using presenters from the BAME community as well as female presenters.  Less and less air time for Stewart's mutterings.

I notice that Stewart is now sitting under the moniker of ex-Hibernian player.

I’m sick of hearing people say hibs have the upper hand in derbies recently when it’s pretty much 50/50 in recent years.

just because you don’t get pumped as much as you used to doesn’t mean you have the upper hand.

22 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Spat out my toast reading his daft column this morning 🙄 couple of things that i picked out were his comment that "Hibs players are used to winning derby games" he used Boyle as an example as he's only lost 3 out of 11 he's played 🙄 failing to mention that during that time Hearts have beat Hibs a few times it just so happened that Boyle wasnt playing - he also goes on about a shift in power?? In the last 25 Edinburgh Derbies Hearts have won 10 Hibs 8 and 7 draws 🙄 

You can prove anything with statistics, 100% of people know that. Good Hearts man Mikey Stewart. Apparently. 

manaliveits105
3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

BBC now being more PC by using presenters from the BAME community as well as female presenters.  Less and less air time for Stewart's mutterings.

Probaby under the instructions of his new employer - keep it Oirish Moikey 

The only season in recent memory that Hibs have had a better head to head is 2017-2018.

We were rank rotten last season and still had the better head to head!

The BBC article on the game he commented on seems to be more measured (article mind you also has a stat that the combined Scotland caps of Gordon and Naismith is 205)

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Probaby under the instructions of his new employer - keep it Oirish Moikey 

He has been critical of Celtic recently . I started to wonder if he'd been dumped .

Probably just Michael being Michael

It’s actually incredible how , sometimes unintentionally, sometimes uninformed, Hibs mythical reputation is continually peddled.

Is it an “in” joke just to wind up Hearts related people?  Or is Stewart another one brainwashed by the vermin pish after his spell there years ago?  

You’ve got to wonder about him? Why not go out the road to actually point out facts and nit pick to show Hearts have actually got the better recent record?  It’s as if Hibs recent form needs to be backed up by false positivity as not to take the shine away from their lofty position.  👀

FTH.  

Glamorgan Jambo

Stewart’s initial selling proposal as a pundit was he was prepared to be controversial and stir things up. However as time has passed he comes over as more and more as just a bitter blowhard who seeks controversy and conflict as a way of staying relevant. In punditry, as in football, he’s a pale shadow of the guy he’s trying to emulate - Roy Keane.

I didn't witness this 'shift in power' the last time we played - at Easter Road!

We frickin hosed them on their own patch you choob!!

Wakey, wakey, Mikey!!!

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Stewart’s initial selling proposal as a pundit was he was prepared to be controversial and stir things up. However as time has passed he comes over as more and more as just a bitter blowhard who seeks controversy and conflict as a way of staying relevant. In punditry, as in football, he’s a pale shadow of the guy he’s trying to emulate - Roy Keane.

Fair point, he’s always been a poor imitation of Keane on or off the pitch. 

Let's face it, if we're not going undefeated for 22 games there has been a shift, hardly of power, just a shift, as far as Hibs are concerned, of shitiness. 

Bazzas right boot

There has been an unusual trend of away victories recently, but that hasn't given hibs the upper hand in in way. 

It's been a bit more even, but we still have the better record. 

Stewart when it cones to Hearts is more and more, like a rabid fool. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, a11ank said:

I didn't witness this 'shift in power' the last time we played - at Easter Road!

We frickin hosed them on their own patch you choob!!

Wakey, wakey, Mikey!!!

We beat them twice to their once just last season. 

That's some shift in power. 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, rory78 said:

I vaguely recall reading that Hibs had lost both home Derby matches last season for only the 4th time in their history.

Doesn't sound like them being on the up to me.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

It shows how bad Stewart must be thought of if Thompson has overtaken him in the presenter stakes because Thompson is utterly useless and embarrassing to watch and listen to.

The BBC should put him out of his misery and get rid of him as the main presenter. He is ok reviewing the games but certainly no good at presenting it.

Stewart sits there smirking as if he would do a better job when in actual fact he struugles to even get his grammar correct a lot of the time so he is no better.

Stewart is one of those smartest guy in the room types, who believes himself to be of a higher intellect and more knowledgeable than anyone for no other reason than he's told himself he is. Sadly for him, he outs himself as being the complete opposite through his lack of research on just about anything. 

His patter with Sutton is truly cringe inducing.

As far as playing each other he’s way off the Mark.  2 wins at their piggery last season shows that.

The only shift in power is leagues both are in. and Michael,  that we were expelled unjustly from the top league by rat clubs because of a global pandemic that’s killed hundreds of thousands 

I usually don’t mind him. He’s an irrelevance tbh that only occasionally gets things right. Tries to emulate that tool Chris Sutton and fails spectacularly often tripping up on his own words

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

The only season in recent memory that Hibs have had a better head to head is 2017-2018.

The BBC article on the game he commented on seems to be more measured (article mind you also has a stat that the combined Scotland caps of Gordon and Naismith is 205)

We won 2 derbys 17-18

His smarmy interview with bugs bunny Boyle on the BBC makes for uncomfortable viewing. Although the high pitch of Boyle's voice is funny. 

10 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

We won 2 derbys 17-18

I was meaning the league but we did win in the cup, so yeah, no seasons on recent memory then!

25 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Stewart is one of those smartest guy in the room types, who believes himself to be of a higher intellect and more knowledgeable than anyone for no other reason than he's told himself he is. Sadly for him, he outs himself as being the complete opposite through his lack of research on just about anything. 

The recent exchange about how to pronounce Ginnelly was , possibly ,  the most cringeworthy .

Started by Sutton [its the english way to say it] who is , arguably , the most moronic of pundits . Stewart just didn't have the sense to laugh at him and move on

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Also says that Gordon has had 4 clean sheets, despite conceding 2 against Dundee.  Wouldn’t wipe my arse with that article.  

43 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

:spoton:

He believes he is some sort of deep thinker when in fact his depth of thought is shallower than a paddling pool

manaliveits105
45 minutes ago, Mister T said:

His smarmy interview with bugs bunny Boyle on the BBC makes for uncomfortable viewing. Although the high pitch of Boyle's voice is funny. 

He has damaged his chest and vocals diving so much

2 hours ago, Borders Jambo said:

The inane ramblings of an idiot.

He likes to think he is important and he also puts forward this idea that he is so intelligent when it comes to Scottish football.

In reality he doesn't appear to do much if any research and simply spouts the same bile as the likes of another so called Hearts fan Preston.  

Hearts fans my a*se.

I think you're right there. He formed his opinion at one point in time several years ago and just keeps regurgitating it at each derby regardless of what results have panned out since. 

coatbridgejambo

as soon as you start taking the old firm dollar your opinion becomes null and void to me.

although with MS this happened long time ago.

FMS FBBC & FTH

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stewart doesn't work for Celtic. He is employed by the company who own BT Sport and Celtic TV.

Michael loves to get a reaction and this sometimes gets in the way of facts. 

His Dad will hopefully have a word. 

:smile:

Didn't realise that . But , I presume , if Celtic don't fancy him they can get him shifted ?

Borders Jambo
34 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Stewart doesn't work for Celtic. He is employed by the company who own BT Sport and Celtic TV.

Michael loves to get a reaction and this sometimes gets in the way of facts. 

His Dad will hopefully have a word. 

:smile:

Hi, I am possibly being thick here but who is his Dad?

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Hi, I am possibly being thick here but who is his Dad?

Every picture tells a story , Don't itmascot280991.jpg.7438e33e5ec51e42e3a6df724be3cbf6.jpg

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Craig Levein  on off the ball just now. Wow.

Doubles down on the £1 a week being the least value for money he's ever had from a player 🤣

Just now, hearts151 said:

Doubles down on the £1 a week being the least value for money he's ever had from a player 🤣

Said he didn't like him because he bullied the younger players.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Said he didn't like him because he bullied the younger players.

Yep.

Sounds fair enough if what he is saying is correct