Shite bosses

Locky

Do supervisors count?

As I’ve said several times before, I was banging mine from WH Smith a few years back. She was a right filthy bugger.

I liked her. She was a guid boss.

Don’t think I’ve had a bad boss (wasn’t pumping all of them).

The best looking manager I had was Simone, everyone fancied her. I knew her brother too. Shame her boyfriend was a biker built like an 18 tonne brick shit house.  :laugh:

Edited by Marvin

On 30/10/2020 at 11:31, Locky said:

Their only basis is that they dispute my girlfriend's productivity has dropped since working from home and they want her back in to see if it boosts productivity, and also keep an eye on her. Up until August, my girlfriend was doing her normal role, under a different manager and had zero complaints about her productivity. Then she was upskilled to a different department, but still with the same manager at first. She was informed her productivity had dropped a little, but this wasn't an issue as she was doing something totally new. All of a sudden, she's had this new manager for 3 or 4 weeks, and they've got an issue with her productivity and that's their only reason for her being back in the office.

This same manager has also accused my girlfriend of tampering with systems on several occasions, because of an issue with a particular system that's happened while working from home since day 1.

If it was me. I would try have a discussion with the Manager, ask them by what metric they are assessing her productivity, and ask for some help in improving in that area. In all honesty mate, it’s better to just “play the game” with these types of Manager than turn it into a fight. 

Most Managers of this ilk have an ego on them. If you reach out and ask for a bit guidance from them and productivity improves they will be happy as they will believe they have done a good job in managing you. If you turn it into a confrontation they will just dig their heels in and try make things uncomfortable for you. 

On 30/10/2020 at 15:53, cheetah said:

Most folk who aspire to be managers are total dicks.

I think there is an unfortunate truth to this point as well. It’s not always the case, but there are defo some people who want to be Managers for the wrong reasons - they like bossing people about, and get a kick out of the power dynamic they have with staff.