Corbyn

On 30/10/2020 at 13:51, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The fact that he equivocated over that mural says it all. At heart he is an anti-Semite. He might try to tell himself otherwise and he might show up in photos with Jewish people from time to time but he tolerates attitudes which can lead to discrimination and intimidation towards Jews. He knows what he’s doing.

In his life, he has never been anything other than a politician (and a wealthy one at that). He’s got no grasp on what normal people do or think and he’s infected by his own extreme biases. He lives in this world where everything is about protest and everything is a good-versus-bad battle. It’s glorified student politics and ultimately, he’s a bigoted lightweight who has been found out spectacularly.

The only people backing him are the weird cultists who’ve been around him for ages. Ordinary folk of most political persuasions can see him for what he is - in the same way that ordinary folk can see what an utter charlatan Boris Johnson is.

Absolute garbage. He supports the Palestinian cause as every right thinking human being should and so he is attacked by the Zionists and their many many friends in parliament and the media. It is actually frightening the power they have, while millions of Palestinians suffer in camps ignored by the world.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tynieman

• felix

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Absolute garbage. He supports the Palestinian cause as every right thinking human being should and so he is attacked by the Zionists and their many many friends in parliament and the media. It is actually frightening the power they have, while millions of Palestinians suffer in camps ignored by the world.

I’m not going to argue about the oppression of the Palestinians. It’s a disgrace.

• 3 weeks later...
John Findlay
On 02/11/2020 at 12:22, XB52 said:

Well it appears the current leader of the Labour Party disagrees. Has withdrawn the whip from Jeremy Corbyn.

35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Well it appears the current leader of the Labour Party disagrees. Has withdrawn the whip from Jeremy Corbyn.

Starmer has to be seen to be taking robust measures John.

The pro Israel supporters are too powerful to upset.

24 minutes ago, felix said:

Starmer has to be seen to be taking robust measures John.

The pro Israel supporters are too powerful to upset.

As demonstrated in the US where Pompeo has announced today that Palestinian support groups are officially anti Semitic. 

49 minutes ago, Tazio said:

As demonstrated in the US where Pompeo has announced today that Palestinian support groups are officially anti Semitic. 

It's been going on for years (I'm sure you know).  Any criticirm of Israel or dealings with Palestinian supporting groups is tarnished as anti Semitic.  I remember MP Michael Ancrum was called an anti Semite, for talking to Helbollah after the invasion of Lebanon -  in his then role as shadow foreign secretary.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's obscene how Corbyn has been treated by Labour. An absolute disgrace. 

:sweeet:

A Boy Named Crow

I've never really understood the basis for the claims of anti-Semitism*. I went looking for more on the story using my trusty investigative buddy, Google. I've just read through this article from the BBC 

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-45030552

Honestly, from this summary of events, you can only really conclude that he isn't a fan of the way the state of Israel treats the Palestinians,  and that elements of his party really,  really don't like him. 

None of this makes him an anti-Semite* though  does it? Feels like a hatchet job to me!

(* Note - Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic languages, to use it only in reference to Jewish people is stupid, but it's what folk do, hey-ho)

indianajones
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I've never really understood the basis for the claims of anti-Semitism*. I went looking for more on the story using my trusty investigative buddy, Google. I've just read through this article from the BBC 

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-45030552

Honestly, from this summary of events, you can only really conclude that he isn't a fan of the way the state of Israel treats the Palestinians,  and that elements of his party really,  really don't like him. 

None of this makes him an anti-Semite* though  does it? Feels like a hatchet job to me!

(* Note - Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic languages, to use it only in reference to Jewish people is stupid, but it's what folk do, hey-ho)

Most people get confused between anti semitic and anti zionism. 

You cant be the latter without being called a nazi it seems. 

Des Lynam
56 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Most people get confused between anti semitic and anti zionism. 

You cant be the latter without being called a nazi it seems. 

If Hamas won’t recognise Israel then why should Israel recognise Palestine? 

Nationalism it seems is only favourable if it’s your own brand of nationalism. 

The real problem isn’t what you state but that most haven’t been to Israel or Palestine to really see what it’s like. I was amazed the difference in reality compared to the media’s view we get of this region. Ordinary people the world over are generally good and honest. Watch some videos on YouTube of travel in both countries. Look at the history and why Israel and the state of Palestine acts as it does. Condemnation from of Israel always amuses as we bomb and destabilise the Middle East and let’s not forget the Troubles. 

Governor Tarkin
15 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's obscene how Corbyn has been treated by Labour. An absolute disgrace. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Corbyn but find this difficult to disagree with.