Fraser Wishart

rudiatemyhamster

gorgie rd eh11
2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Don't you realise FW doesn't write the articles ? Journalists ask questions but usually have written the piece already . If there are no quotes from him in any articles about DU that will , again , be down to the journo

The link given above has no criticism of the club in it . Only a union rep talking on behalf of his members . Similar to what he did at the time of Vlad . I assume even the biggest idiot on here would accept Vlad wasn't a model employer ?

Neither brother nor pal but I do know him and his family . I could refute virtually every ignorant , nasty , misinformed post on this thread but probably a waste of time . Suffice to say he is a decent guy

Couple of interesting facts . Wallace Mercer [can't remember which manager] tried to sign him . When Waldo insisted he signed on the spot Wishart refused

Wishart had a recurring groin problem when at Hearts and Rangers the problem was solved towards the end of his career with [I think] an insert in his boot

It can't be the journalists fault, we've been assured there's no agenda where Hearts are concerned. 🙃

queensferryjambo

Always wondered what happened to ex Hibs player and general all round nob Tony Higgins he just seemed to disappear from the TV.

He was part of the unbelievable biased Hibs heavy BBC team at the time. Tony Higgins, Pat Nevin, Craig Paterson etc could really lay the boot into Hearts and ruin Sportscene for me.

Is anyone surprised that Hearts took such a beating in the media from the PFA when their president is an ex Hibs player who absolutely hates us?

How on earth did the media and Scottish Football in general ever get so infested with ex Hibs players, Hibs supporters and the likes of Rod Petrie? It is beyond belief these rats seem to be part of everything in the Scottish game now. 

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

No , exactly as I described . They will invite him on

Bizarre how the media are , actually , 'nasty journalists' on here until it doesn't suit someone's twisted agenda

I don't agree with you re Wishart but i would say that football fans are tribal as **** and usually think everyone is out to get them.

Balanced reasoning is hardly our thing!

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Always wondered what happened to ex Hibs player and general all round nob Tony Higgins he just seemed to disappear from the TV.

He was part of the unbelievable biased Hibs heavy BBC team at the time. Tony Higgins, Pat Nevin, Craig Paterson etc could really lay the boot into Hearts and ruin Sportscene for me.

Is anyone surprised that Hearts took such a beating in the media from the PFA when their president is an ex Hibs player who absolutely hates us?

How on earth did the media and Scottish Football in general ever get so infested with ex Hibs players, Hibs supporters and the likes of Rod Petrie? It is beyond belief these rats seem to be part of everything in the Scottish game now. 

It's happening in all walks of life. 

It's called the Bolshevik ploy!

15 hours ago, Spellczech said:

ok but why so you are saying he only gets invited on the radio and for newspaper comments when it is Hearts not other clubs?, but at the same time are saying that the media are not nasty? Are you trying to argue against yourself here or what? What are you actually saying apart from Wishart being a stand up guy?

I'm not saying the media are not nasty . I was pointing out the twisted logic of those who have an inexplicable agenda against [in this case] Fraser Wishart .

Like it or lump it he is a 'stand up guy' [not fond of that expression] . I don't believe any of the other posters on here actually know him .

As far as the media goes , yes we were [are] the whipping boys . Largely because we are a big club who had fallen on hard times

These [media] are the people who should be held up for ridicule

2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I'm not saying the media are not nasty . I was pointing out the twisted logic of those who have an inexplicable agenda against [in this case] Fraser Wishart .

Like it or lump it he is a 'stand up guy' [not fond of that expression] . I don't believe any of the other posters on here actually know him .

As far as the media goes , yes we were [are] the whipping boys . Largely because we are a big club who had fallen on hard times

These [media] are the people who should be held up for ridicule

Sorry but that is garbage. I couldn't care less if he's a good guy away from football. The guy ripped into our club and is now nowhere to be seen when other clubs have realised that we were right all along. 

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but that is garbage. I couldn't care less if he's a good guy away from football. The guy ripped into our club and is now nowhere to be seen when other clubs have realised that we were right all along. 

Point is he didn't 'rip into our club' .

Garbage to say he did

I , personally , think AB's approach to wage cuts was correct .

You think the union man [FW] should agree with his members getting their wages cut ?

18 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Garbage to say he did

You think the union man [FW] should agree with his members getting their wages cut ?

I don't think he needed to comment publicly at all TBH. Budge gave the players options - Some clearly chose to request moves (inc Clare), some chose to accept cuts (most obviously Naismith) and some cancelled their contracts (Dikamona). What Wishart is doing behind closed doors at United (and probably at Hibs) is how he ought to have conducted himself with Hearts. I know Vlad's regime was prickly and not very approachable, but Hearts under Budge is a totally different proposition. Nice guy or not, he handled Budge's wage cuts totally wrongly and differently from how he deals with other clubs.

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Garbage to say he did

Yes he did but that isn't really the point. He has been totally silent as other clubs have done the same as our club. A total hypocrite

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Yes he did but that isn't really the point. He has been totally silent as other clubs have done the same as our club. A total hypocrite

Where did he rip into the club ?

Has he been asked for his opinion on DU situation ?

If so have the media chosen to publish it ?