Dundee Utd wage cuts - Better get a walk organised, boys

neilnunb

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

How was it that their QC, the one who prattled on for ages, put it?

"Oot the gemme"?

Meanwhile, how is Dempster's JRG getting on? You know, the talking shop that was more important than reconstruction and a common, collective plan to help all of the clubs survive the pandemic.

Too much of Scottish football was consumed by greed, short sightedness, spite and tribalism to come together. Instead, they sneered at how funny it would be to demote Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer, and deny other clubs their rightful sporting chance of progression.

The JRG, SPFL and SFA have had 10 months to brain storm potential income streams and any other radical ideas to get Scottish football through this. It seems the only entity not losing money, within Scottish football, is Neil Doncaster, the vastly overpaid company secretary.

Scottish football will get what it deserves.

Good post apart from you've got the wrong QC. That was Moynihan the SPFL arse that said "oot the gemme'. Gary Borland was the boring arsehole representing DUFC.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kidd’s Boots

This looks to be getting set up for The Dundee Hibernian Phoenix Premier Soccer League merger to happen. If both teams can survive for the next 25 games or so left of the Premier and Championship season, developers will be fighting over the opportunities in the fire sale down Tannadice/Dens way

We should chip in and hire a plane from Dundee airport to fly round the city for an hour with a banner saying:

Take your medicine...Roon ye fi all at JKB

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

So they expect Shankland to take a 20% wage cut, having single-handedly got them promoted, and Mcnulty to keep his £5k/week?

Regardless of the current Covid situation, if Dundee Utd go into admin they deserve as much sympathy as we got (i.e. nothing) for their overspending. Complete mismanagement.

I think we have to applaud Robbie for his hand in this. Agent Neilson jumped ship meaning they had to go get Mellon with promises of funds for players, which funds were unlikely to have been available to Neilson, and now they have overspent. Ha-foooking-ha!

Byyy The Light

So they expect Shankland to take a 20% wage cut, having single-handedly got them promoted, and Mcnulty to keep his £5k/week?

Regardless of the current Covid situation, if Dundee Utd go into admin they deserve as much sympathy as we got (i.e. nothing) for their overspending. Complete mismanagement.

They've been actively trying to shift Shankland on for a few months now.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

apols I've missed this - where are dundee U getting sympathy?

They are certainly not getting crucified by Wishart, McManus, Sutton, BBC, et all, as Ann Budge was that’s for sure!

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Have the usual suspects come out and decried this action as a disgrace? Or is that just if it's us. 

Just us bud, just us!

SectionDJambo
31 minutes ago, graygo said:

Good post apart from you've got the wrong QC. That was Moynihan the SPFL arse that said "oot the gemme'. Gary Borland was the boring arsehole representing DUFC.

Happy to be corrected. They were all from the same barrel of monkeys for me.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Rangers & Celtic would take Shankland easily.

Rangers probably more so.

Small shopping list! Not exactly a firesale!

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They are certainly not getting crucified by Wishart, McManus, Sutton, BBC, et all, as Ann Budge was that’s for sure!

kind of what I thought - indirect sympathy via silence.

I do get an ever increasing feeling that we seem to get it in the neck because we have a female in charge. 

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

I do get an ever increasing feeling that we seem to get it in the neck because we have a female in charge. 

We also got it in the neck when a Lithuanian gentleman was in charge!

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

We also got it in the neck when a Lithuanian gentleman was in charge!

true - but whats worse with Budge is that she has tried at all times to be polite & professional in her approach. Vlad was much easier to bat back - cast as a bit bonkers / extreme.

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

...yep, and a female that has morals. No way does she 'fit in' with SPFL/SFA/OF types.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

true - but whats worse with Budge is that she has tried at all times to be polite & professional in her approach. Vlad was much easier to bat back - cast as a bit bonkers / extreme.

Agreed - once we got rid of that “dirty Jonny foreigner” and were taken over by a Scottish well respected business woman I thought the SFA, media, etc, would cut us an even break - I was wrong!

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...yep, and a female that has morals. No way does she 'fit in' with SPFL/SFA/OF types.

And , many , JKB types either

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Agreed - once we got rid of that “dirty Jonny foreigner” and were taken over by a Scottish well respected business woman I thought the SFA, media, etc, would cut us an even break - I was wrong!

sadly I agree. Budge will no doubt have quickly worked out just how insular the system is, but tried as best as possible to challenge.

seems like the only way to avoid any punishment or negativity is to become bed fellows with the OF - it's their rules (not the SFA / SPFL).

part_time_jambo
45 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

We should chip in and hire a plane from Dundee airport to fly round the city for an hour with a banner saying:

Take your medicine...Roon ye fi all at JKB

Dundee has an airport?

12 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

sadly I agree. Budge will no doubt have quickly worked out just how insular the system is, but tried as best as possible to challenge.

seems like the only way to avoid any punishment or negativity is to become bed fellows with the OF - it's their rules (not the SFA / SPFL).

Sadly you are absolutely correct - what a shit fest Scottish football is!

12 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Dundee has an airport?

It does, if you can call it that. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

They will be paying a percentage of McNulty's wages, which can be around the 50% mark,  so you can probably double that £5k , which again could lead to a bit of trouble in the ranks !!

Psychedelicropcircle

It’s nice to come on here & see a nice positive thread unfolding! 

the Dundee hibs P&B posters won’t be rushing back over their with screenshots of this thread

Enjoy yer medicine lads👍

I think I'm right in saying that players can walk away due to breach of contract if reductions are enforced and not agreed?

Shankland in particular might walk.

Niemi’s gloves
24 minutes ago, Jerah Jambo said:

They will be paying a percentage of McNulty's wages, which can be around the 50% mark,  so you can probably double that £5k , which again could lead to a bit of trouble in the ranks !!

looked at another way, if McNulty is on £10k a week of which DUtd are paying £5k, he could volunteer to take a 20% cut in that £5k part while only being down 10% overall. Worth it to keep on decent terms with his DUtd team mates?

14 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I think I'm right in saying that players can walk away due to breach of contract if reductions are enforced and not agreed?

Shankland in particular might walk.

He could maybe do one of those ‘popular’ sponsored walks to Edinburgh... one way... to work for his mate Robbie 🤭

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

I believe this is what Budge meant when she said we’d lost the battle, but we’d win the war 😎

👍   Well pointed out !!   

4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

looked at another way, if McNulty is on £10k a week of which DUtd are paying £5k, he could volunteer to take a 20% cut in that £5k part while only being down 10% overall. Worth it to keep on decent terms with his DUtd team mates?

I think the loan agreement would dictate that the "wages" of McNulty are paid to his parent club as a monthly loan fee, so they would have to get that club to agree to receive less than they are due. McNulty is due  his full wages from his parent club, not DUFC. DUFC are too scared to ask the parent club, regardless of whether McNulty is willing to take a cut or not.

50 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A billboard sized UP YE, YA WANKS from me.  

I'm sure one of our JKB designers could get to work superimposing Ann's image on this in place of Tevez

image.jpeg.43079ab39dab08591be6aa79b2cc0a69.jpeg

I never thought the day would come when I would happy to see clubs go to the wall, besides St. Rollover, I wanted them dead in 86, I don't think I am alone in this view, this news of Dundee U is pleasing, hopefully many more that voted against us to follow! It will be very interesting to see the spin the media puts on this and the SPFL response, if any!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, fila said:

First team into administration, would that be a 15 point deduction 

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

No.....they (SPFL)will change the rules to suit their agenda 

The Force Majeure rule would mean no 15 point penalty unfortunately. 
Can you imagine the squeaking of some clubs go into administration and stay up and another two go down 😆😂?

6 minutes ago, gator said:

I never thought the day would come when I would happy to see clubs go to the wall, besides St. Rollover, I wanted them dead in 86, I don't think I am alone in this view, this news of Dundee U is pleasing, hopefully many more that voted against us to follow! It will be very interesting to see the spin the media puts on this and the SPFL response, if any!

Tomorrow's headline and "analysis" will be about the unnecessary cost of having to defend themselves legally in the summer against our spurious claims...

Edited by Spellczech

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Tomorrow's headline and "analysis" will be about the unnecessary cost of having to defend themselves legally in the summer against our spurious claims...

Fairly sure they DECIDED they wanted to go to court. We didn't force them.

Edit: We lost so did that mean we had to pay their costs???

Edited by Pans Jambo

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fairly sure they DECIDED they wanted to go to court. We didn't force them.

Edit: We lost so did that mean we had to pay their costs???

Only if the court decided that we ought to be penalised ie a spurious claim, but since the court did refer the case to the SFA Arbitration they effectively decided we had enough of a case. I doubt the SFA arbitration has the power to award costs.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Only if the court decided that we ought to be penalised ie a spurious claim, but since the court did refer the case to the SFA Arbitration they effectively decided we had enough of a case. I doubt the SFA arbitration has the power to award costs.

Well feck em then!

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I thought the much heralded walk paid their legal fees.

been here before

I wonder if the wall they're heading toward has TSB painted bright upon it.

Never been the same since they ditched that.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can you imagine the squeaking of some clubs go into administration and stay up and another two go down 😆😂?

Which makes it a ridiculous rule.

No good guys in Premiership in all of this so maybe seethe would be better after all.

Edited by DETTY29

I’d have thought force majeure would be hard to justify given their spending. As you say though, if they get away with that and others go down, it has potential for hilarity!

The Treasurer

If this is the case, and I've no reason to doubt it, then I expect there will be a few clubs desperate to go into admin to try and clear debt but not face any footballing penalties

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Nah sod them, if they do happen to be put into admin then they should face the penalties involved which should be a points deduction and a transfer ban.  

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Yes they do.

Section 99.25

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/notice-of-referral-to-arbitration/

Ex member of the SaS

Absolutely gutted at this news. I serious thought they had gone bust, and to find they are ONLY cutting wages is a huge disappointment.

Lets hope they can muster 20,000 fans to do a money raising walk. On second thoughts lets just sit back and laugh as the internal turmoil tears them apart.

Karma is in full force now.People were quick to condemn Ann budge when she started the ball rolling in march but whose laughing now ......

Hearts Cos we did the right thing at the right time & now we,re sitting comfortably eating popcorn & enjoying the carnage.