Dundee Utd wage cuts - Better get a walk organised, boys

neilnunb

1 minute ago, Locky said:

So these tramps moved earth, wind and fire to make sure they got to the Premiership, and got to enjoy all its fruits... Only to end up over budget and plead for everyone to take a paycut? :rofl:

What a shambles of a football club they are.

I've never been that keen on them anyway, even less now. I hope they go down the swanny, preferably this afternoon.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Gone said:

Karma is such a wonderful thing

Karma my ass!

Its judgement!  You reap what you sow.

Edited by colinmaroon

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

I've never been that keen on them anyway, even less now. I hope they go down the swanny, preferably this afternoon.

Never used to really mind either of the Dundee clubs now until this summer. **** the pair of them.

The only decent thing Dundee United have to offer Scottish football is Lorraine Kelly, but even she is getting to her sell by date. 

To the wall you go.

Just another club with absolutely no shame, clearing spending way beyond their means. Utd, like many of those rancid clubs who wanted to harm HMFC had no foresight regarding this pandemic and probably thought things would be back to normal in no time.

I have no sympathy for them, not one ounce.

Utd could just live within thier means and sell the assets they have in January i.e. the players that have a value.

I know this view is radical but it might just work 🤔 😅 

1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Still can't quite believe the gall of football clubs asking for government support when they've decided to spend money on new players.   The onus has, been on Utd here to plan for the worst and hope for the best.     Same for Dumpster,   bloody ridiculous some if her comments when they've been investing heavily in their squad.   They can all feck off. 

Imagine the UK government agreeing to bail out football clubs that sign players on £5k/week and not feed kids during holiday. 

That’s not a vote winner in my book. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Still can't quite believe the gall of football clubs asking for government support when they've decided to spend money on new players.   The onus has, been on Utd here to plan for the worst and hope for the best.     Same for Dumpster,   bloody ridiculous some if her comments when they've been investing heavily in their squad.   They can all feck off. 

The SG has got far more pressing matters than DU and Hibs finances. 

Weird to even think the government will just toddle along and offer them up cash when they have been dishing money out all summer. 

Classless, embarrassing excuses for football clubs. 

22 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

The only decent thing Dundee United have to offer Scottish football is Lorraine Kelly, but even she is getting to her sell by date. 

To the wall you go.

:notsure:

10 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

I think many (not all) football clubs are acting just like the pubs now.    Easier to  blame the government instead of their  customers.

Despite rates of infections/hospitalisation/deaths rising as we head into winter, they're claiming that it's got nothing to do with them just because they've put measure in place to reduce the risk of cross-infection among customers & staff.    None of them are willing to acknowledge that the main  reason for all these restrictions in the first place is because a  section of the  population   are pure & simple numpties who can't be trusted to follow the basic rules of protecting themselves and those around them when they gather in groups at venues (like pubs and football matches)        300 house parties per week for the police to try to break up - it seems some folk think it's just a cold that you can take a Lemsip for.

!00%. Apathy has well and truly sunk in and we're heading for another lockdown in a matter of weeks, you only have to look at France, we won't be far behind. I sadly know of, and have witnessed several house parties/gatherings where I live.

11 minutes ago, brux said:

Utd could just live within thier means and sell the assets they have in January i.e. the players that have a value.

I know this view is radical but it might just work 🤔 😅 

Who could they sell to?

manaliveits105

midnight sponsored dance from Tannadice to Tynecastle if they go tits up and lets face it they wouldn't be missed and their strip is shit too 

12 hours ago, neilnunb said:

United owner Mark Ogren last night broke months of silence to insist he remains committed to the club. 

But has warned his pot of cash isn’t limitless.  

He said: “I’ve got limited funds. We need to figure this out.

“But I don’t want to scare people into thinking we’re going away because that is not the case.

"We’re going to figure this out but we’ll need help from the government, our fans and everybody at the club.

“The first phase we had budgeted for so we anticipated it but we didn’t budget for this second phase. 

“It has no effect on my commitment to Dundee United. We are absolutely not up for sale.” 

The last bit in bold....is that the "chairman's endorsement"? I hope it is?

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

midnight sponsored dance from Tannadice to Tynecastle if they go tits up and lets face it they wouldn't be missed and their strip is shit too 

This sort of dance? I'm in.

😀

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The criminal mismanagement of this by the SPFL will almost certainly claim a lot of victims.  To that extent I have sympathy for Dundee United and every other club except Celtic.  There should never have been a corrupt vote to start with.

As a consequence, they now have their 3rd biggest club and its supporters on liquidation watch.  

I'm very surprised smaller clubs haven't gone to the wall already but following their decision to penalise Partick and us in the teeth of a worldwide deadly pandemic, the more financial pain they're experiencing the happier I am.

I have sympathy for no Club that voted Hearts down NO CLUB!

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I have sympathy for no Club that voted Hearts down NO CLUB!

This.

I have no doubt the Tangerine Twats won’t be the last to find themselves in this position.

2 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Can you submit your last set of accounts with your grant application?

Ok, 133% of income last year spent on wages......Bye

(Maybe a cheek for a govt to say business books don't balance)

SectionDJambo

How was it that their QC, the one who prattled on for ages, put it?

"Oot the gemme"?

Meanwhile, how is Dempster's JRG getting on? You know, the talking shop that was more important than reconstruction and a common, collective plan to help all of the clubs survive the pandemic.

Too much of Scottish football was consumed by greed, short sightedness, spite and tribalism to come together. Instead, they sneered at how funny it would be to demote Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer, and deny other clubs their rightful sporting chance of progression.

The JRG, SPFL and SFA have had 10 months to brain storm potential income streams and any other radical ideas to get Scottish football through this. It seems the only entity not losing money, within Scottish football, is Neil Doncaster, the vastly overpaid company secretary.

Scottish football will get what it deserves.

11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If some clubs that voted us down go into admin or even better liquidation , I hope there will be some kind of really tasteless fan display celebrating it when we are allowed back in the ground. The kind of thing that will get all the pundits on their moral high horses about how mean and nasty we are and we shouldn't wish that on any club. Something to show we haven't forgotten and the more clubs that die the happier we will be.

:pleasing:

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

To the wall you go.

She could lend them her accountant.

BUt seriously , they need to live within their means- and that means sell offs and player releases and play the kids if that is all they can afford.

the first of many teams, hopefully

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On a tangent, what is it with American involvement in Dundee’s clubs? What’s the point or the bigger picture?

I have always thought that there was an underhanded agenda to merge the clubs. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I have always thought that there was an underhanded agenda to merge the clubs. 

100%. Seems very likely. That would be funny as ****

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

"Oot the gemme"?

Meanwhile, how is Dempster's JRG getting on? You know, the talking shop that was more important than reconstruction and a common, collective plan to help all of the clubs survive the pandemic.

Too much of Scottish football was consumed by greed, short sightedness, spite and tribalism to come together. Instead, they sneered at how funny it would be to demote Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer, and deny other clubs their rightful sporting chance of progression.

The JRG, SPFL and SFA have had 10 months to brain storm potential income streams and any other radical ideas to get Scottish football through this. It seems the only entity not losing money, within Scottish football, is Neil Doncaster, the vastly overpaid company secretary.

Excellent post....

11 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

"Oot the gemme"?

Couldn't have put it better. Bravo

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

100%. Seems very likely. That would be funny as ****

I know that a few Dundee supporters I know have always though that was always Niems agenda. That could be reason for the perverse vote. The real estate being his prize.

Edited by Deevers

avhudtheteeshirt

Just goes to show how far ahead of the other clubs Ann Budge was, the only difference is Dundee United are getting sympathy, Ann got absolute pelters from the media???

You did not need to be a genius to see that with no money coming in, clubs would have to cut their cloth if they wanted to carry on!!!

2 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Just goes to show how far ahead of the other clubs Ann Budge was, the only difference is Dundee United are getting sympathy, Ann got absolute pelters from the media???

You did not need to be a genius to see that with no money coming in, clubs would have to cut their cloth if they wanted to carry on!!!

There’s a lot of media, pundits and individuals within Scottish football who don’t have time for Anne Budge. A lot of it stems from her trying to challenge the status quo.

On the flip side she does come across as condescending at time’s which rubs people up the wrong way.

However she has been right about this all along and it’s staggering how many clubs have played this wrong. Surely anyone with even an ounce of commercial acumen would know to plan for the worst case scenario.

39 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

"Oot the gemme"?

...well put sir! 

It looks like their recent signings' agents were savvy enough to have 'no wage reductions' clauses written into their contracts. No doubt this will piss off the players who are having to take their medicine, and will play havoc with team spirit.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

It looks like their recent signings' agents were savvy enough to have 'no wage reductions' clauses written into their contracts. No doubt this will piss off the players who are having to take their medicine, and will play havoc with team spirit.

Superb..

I can’t believe they are paying mcnulty £5k per week

38 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

apols I've missed this - where are dundee U getting sympathy?

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Brilliant news this and at some point they are bound to roll out the "its unfair for us to be punished due to covid"......................................... Suck it up buttercup, as the  masterminds behind Scottish Football set a precedent earlier in the year by deciding that clubs CAN be punished due to the pandemic.

I honestly hope that every single player who is asked to drop their salary tells them to bolt as the club was overspending before the transfer window then overspent even more by bringing in players they couldnt afford.

So they expect Shankland to take a 20% wage cut, having single-handedly got them promoted, and Mcnulty to keep his £5k/week?

Regardless of the current Covid situation, if Dundee Utd go into admin they deserve as much sympathy as we got (i.e. nothing) for their overspending. Complete mismanagement.

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, fila said:

First team into administration, would that be a 15 point deduction 

No.....they (SPFL)will change the rules to suit their agenda 

54 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I'm still in shock that these owners take over clubs hoping to make money.

Haven't they heard of due diligence?!

Haven’t they heard of Dundee? 🙈

kingantti1874

They cheated their way out of the championship as well

clearly tut tut .. a 3.75 m loss for a club the size of Utd, whilst in the championship is astonishing. 

and this joker hopes to make a profit 😂

Edited by kingantti1874