• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I stand corrected. Do you know if they did they award costs?

IIRC it was reported at the time that the 3 would be meeting to decide on costs but I havent heard or read anything saying what they were. I think there may have been a period for SPFL etc to provide evidence of their costs, As the case was months ago you would think that they would have made a decision by now.

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Karma is in full force now.People were quick to condemn Ann budge when she started the ball rolling in march but whose laughing now ......

Hearts Cos we did the right thing at the right time & now we,re sitting comfortably eating popcorn & enjoying the carnage.

Correct.

AB was slated from all sides (including, sadly, from some our own "supporters") but everything she said COULD happen is starting to happen already.

We won't come out of this unscathed but we will be in a better place than quite a few "well run" clubs

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

IIRC it was reported at the time that the 3 would be meeting to decide on costs but I havent heard or read anything saying what they were. I think there may have been a period for SPFL etc to provide evidence of their costs, As the case was months ago you would think that they would have made a decision by now.

As we lost it would seem fair to assume we took the brunt of most, if not all, costs. 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Which makes it a ridiculous rule.

No good guys in Premiership in all of this so maybe seethe would be better after all.

Indeed 

56 minutes ago, Zico said:

I’d have thought force majeure would be hard to justify given their spending. As you say though, if they get away with that and others go down, it has potential for hilarity!

It’s a fair point but they would say they overspent last season and we’re fine 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🙈

46 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If this is the case, and I've no reason to doubt it, then I expect there will be a few clubs desperate to go into admin to try and clear debt but not face any footballing penalties

Just to pay football debts, would they be ok for buyers in the current climate? They’d probably be ok but smaller clubs might not, shame 😆

Hang on a minute. 
If they are paying £5k of McNulty’s wages what were the Green Brazil paying him? The same Hibs that constantly trumpet about fair play and financial prudence as they criticise any other team that beats them for financially doping. I suspect there are quite a few large wages hidden in Hibs weekly payroll. 

7 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On a tangent, what is it with American involvement in Dundee’s clubs? What’s the point or the bigger picture?

US businessmen have invested a great deal in the third world.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

US businessmen have invested a great deal in the third world.

It's the latest chat at golf and business clubs in the US: "Picked up your Scottish soccer club yet? Big money to be made trading players I hear."

Ex member of the SaS

This thread has brought to mind Hibs and their deferment. Have they paid anything back or are they too now looking to cut back further? Would have been nice to have a wee bit turmoil before the weekend.

Gorgie Boot boy
55 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This thread has brought to mind Hibs and their deferment. Have they paid anything back or are they too now looking to cut back further? Would have been nice to have a wee bit turmoil before the weekend.

Turmoil and that mob go hand in hand.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Can you submit your last set of accounts with your grant application?

Ok, 133% of income last year spent on wages......Bye

(Maybe a cheek for a govt to say business books don't balance)

Not the scot governments, they can't borrow. 

The. UK is running at a debt of over 2 trillion built up over 10 years, so aye in that respect you are correct. 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The Force Majeure rule would mean no 15 point penalty unfortunately. 
Can you imagine the squeaking of some clubs go into administration and stay up and another two go down

I’ll bet if Hearts are in a comfortable position leading the championship in late December/early January there will be a focused attempt by Doncaster etc for league reconstruction. St Mirren, Hamilton etc will be desperate for it

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Karma is in full force now.People were quick to condemn Ann budge when she started the ball rolling in march but whose laughing now ......

Hearts Cos we did the right thing at the right time & now we,re sitting comfortably eating popcorn & enjoying the carnage.

Unsure we are comfortable Tbh. 

Better of than most, but far from comfortable, no football club especially in Scotland will be comfortable. 

It's a level of shit every club is in from 1- being a little shit to Dundee Utd 😂

We're maybe around a 3 or 4 I reckon. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

9 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

I’ll bet if Hearts are in a comfortable position leading the championship in late December/early January there will be a focused attempt by Doncaster etc for league reconstruction. St Mirren, Hamilton etc will be desperate for it

Cant see it.  Donkey only cares about Celtic and the guarantee of a possible 4 Old Firms matches each season.  Diddy clubs like St.Johnstone and Killie (who will probably stay up) have already shown the are unwilling to sacrifice one home old firm match for reconstruction.

Feck them. Jute Barstewards

Sorry for any Hearts fan from Dundee on here but the sooner that shitehole is razed to the ground the better.

1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

Even if he tries they will have the same voting structure and self interest to overcome.

7 minutes ago, Rods said:

I definitely think Reconstruction will be back on the table soon. 

Probably. They'll go for leaving the Prem as is, reconstruct the lower leagues and declare no relegation or promotion. 

53 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Feck them. Jute Barstewards

Sorry for any Hearts fan from Dundee on here but the sooner that shitehole is razed to the ground the better.

It's ok I'm not offended ,I used to stick up for Dundee as a city .now I'm just embarrassed by the place.

I am old enough to remember when Dundee Hibernian were a shit lower league club that played in White & Black.  The only thing good that ever happened to them was Jerry Kerr.

Let them die a slow lingering death.

Edited by Tasavallan

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I am old enough to remember when Dundee Hibernian were a shit lower league club that played in White & Black.  The only thing good that ever happened to them was Jerry Kerr.

Let them die a slow lingering death.

Not trying to be smart here but I'm old enough to know that I didn't even know they existed.

25 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not trying to be smart here but I'm old enough to know that I didn't even know they existed.

Wiki

1923 they became United

60s changed to Tangerine.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What Force Majeure rule?

Unforeseen circumstances like a pandemic cause an administration then you’re not punished. 

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The first repayment is in December, Dempster being on the JRG probably said to Ron the Con that fans would be back by then 😆😂

On 28/10/2020 at 23:23, Zico said:

Oh hai Dundee Hibernian, how about you find nearly £2m a year from your fans. That’s a lot of pehs for a thousand junkies though. Maybe you could find some generous benefactors who don’t want to bang you full of debt, then asset strip you just after you asterisked your way to a ‘title’ you didn’t win. Also how about you ****in...

tenor.gif

Sums up the general sentiment of the whole thread, which is really, really, pleasing to hear. 

Ive turned into a right bitter ***** with regards all things Scottish football and I cannot ever see my mood towards it changing. It’s great to read that I’m not alone. **** them all 👍🏼

18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The Force Majeure rule would mean no 15 point penalty unfortunately. 
Can you imagine the squeaking of some clubs go into administration and stay up and another two go down 😆😂?

Never mind administration - I hoping that a few are forced into liquidation.

Quite appropriate the BBC website having an article on Mellon entitled "I'm a 15 year old boy again" considering he will soon only be on pocket money.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Never mind administration - I hoping that a few are forced into liquidation.

Small steps to start with 🙏🤞

If I was a DU supporter I would be very worried, in fact when the pubs re-open one of the bar staff where I drink is. It'll be interesting to get his take as he seems in the know. DU are one of many clubs whose supporters will never save them from going bust. 

Sympathetic article on the BBC site. No slap down  as to why the club was very recently still appointing players they obviously cannot afford. 

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unforeseen circumstances like a pandemic cause an administration then you’re not punished. 

I don’t think that will hold.. imagine Utd finish second bottom and stmirren bottom.. Utd went into admin but stmirren didn’t.. stmirren are relegated despite Utd living well beyond means.. 

17 hours ago, Rods said:

I definitely think Reconstruction will be back on the table soon. 

And the hypocrisy will reach unimaginable levels.

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think that will hold.. imagine Utd finish second bottom and stmirren bottom.. Utd went into admin but stmirren didn’t.. stmirren are relegated despite Utd living well beyond means.. 

Those are the rules though. No points deduction applied at present. 

1 hour ago, Jamboelite said:

And the hypocrisy will reach unimaginable levels.

I would certainly hope we are at the front of the que reminding people of 3 failed attempts last season and now is not the time etc.

United wont be the only team in trouble St J and Hamilton openely advertise that they rely on the OF coin.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

at the very least I’d look forward civil war which would follow

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

A points deduction doesn't really matter one way or the other. DU and many of those clubs will never come out of administration if they enter. They simply don't have the will or the numbers within their fanbase to save the club. Thanks to FOH we had everything in place in the event of administration, none of them do. it's administration, liquidation, bye bye.  

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, David Black said:

A points deduction doesn't really matter one way or the other. DU and many of those clubs will never come out of administration if they enter. They simply don't have the will or the numbers within their fanbase to save the club. Thanks to FOH we had everything in place in the event of administration, none of them do. it's administration, liquidation, bye bye.  

they don’t have any creditors other than their owner though. Would be a technical admin to cut costs.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they don’t have any creditors other than their owner though. Would be a technical admin to cut costs.

Apart from all their suppliers and possibly HMRC.