• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Peterhead also make 29 staff redundant as Furlough ends

Had a look at their website.  The 29 are part time and casual.  They say that the job retention scheme which starts in November doesn't apply to that category of worker.

Are football clubs covered by this scheme and if so, how much money will they get?

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Let’s accumulate all the ****s we’d give if DU died.

Haven’t got any here but shout up if you do.

Had a look.  Couldn't find one.  😂

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Had a look down the back of the sofa and everything, but no ****s founds here

46 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

I can't be the only one that thinks I hope Fraser Wishart is okay, we haven't heard a peep out of him since March, nothing about h1b5 little fiscuary "anomalies" re back pay and nothing about this. He must have more important work to do or is he only on call when it involves those "Pesky Hertz".

Where is our man of the people standing up for workers rights in the face of rampant exploitation by their fat-cat employers? Gone off-piste? MIA?Drunk?Couldn't give a ****? Hypocrite...hmmm

I think he's a douche-nozzle that, as far as a union rep goes, is a bit piss-poor at his job and choses silence over morality. What a doucher. And a Hypocrite. 

What a crock of shit

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nope, nor here.😃😃

Toxteth O'Grady
45 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve had a right good look but nope I can’t find any 

2 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Surely the players union won't be happy with some players being asked to take wage cuts while others are being brought in on larger pay scales. 

They only comment on Hearts in ra paperz dontchaknow!!!

This story is beautiful. Made my night. The house of cards is shoogly. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929.jpg

:yas:

58 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

nope none found here 

8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The wee team are not far behind them in financial tick tock stakes

I so hope you're right.  Someone on here said one of them had told him Hibs had £15m at their disposal.

That'll be right and Donald Trump is my uncle Donny.

I know it's a terrible thing to say but the longer this virus goes on, the longer those clubs who brought about our expulsion suffer, the better.

And I assume the SPFL and SFA aren't too flush either.

Excellent.

SpruceBringsteen

Shitty little disease of a club that would be missed by precisely zero people outside of the stunted mutants that infest the shanty town.

As has been said though, if they can ration their fat ****ing mess of a chairman down to 8 or 9 square meals a day that could save them a few thousand and a bit of respite. Good luck with that, of course.

Cock O' the North

Jackets and shaky nails springs to mind ......... what goes round comes around, here's hoping the next door  neighbours aren't far behind them 🙂

Get it right up them ............

7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

While there's  thread about them; Can someone tell me why Rangers fans have such hatred for Utd?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20595802

"The Rangers Supporters' Assembly had urged fans not to attend, mainly over United's vocal opposition to Rangers' application to join the Scottish Premier League.

Some Ibrox fans have pinpointed Dundee United chairman Stephen Thompson as being one of the most outspoken figures on the subject of relaunched Rangers seeking membership of the top flight in the summer.

And the Assembly is still angered by Thompson's refusal to refund Rangers fans for tickets when a match at Tannadice in November 2009 was abandoned at half-time because of a waterlogged pitch."

Edited by redjambo

2 hours ago, Midloth_Iain said:

DUNDEE UNITED have today opened talks with manager Micky Mellon and his players over drastic wage cuts.

SunSport Online can reveal the cash-strapped Tannadice club are desperate to slash their salary bill.

And they’ve approached boss Mellon, his backroom staff and players to ask them to accept a 20 percent drop in money until the end of the season.

Crucially, though, it’s believed the club’s bid to halt spiralling costs does NOT include their summer signings.

Ryan Edwards and Jeando Fuchs have been given big money contracts.

But it’s understood the club doesn’t expect them to accept wage-cuts - which has left their team-mates stunned.

Questions have also been asked given United have just recently signed one-time Scotland striker Marc McNulty on loan from Reading - which is understood to cost them around £5,000-a-week.

As yet no agreement has been struck between the club and the United squad.

But Tannadice chief Tony Ashgar is hopeful Mellon and his players will agree to the deal being proposed for the next six months.

United’s serious cash worries have mounted because of the Covid-19 crisis with no gate money being earned.

It’s heaped huge pressure on the club with boardroom bosses now left with no option but to look to slash costs.

United have several players coming through their youth academy who are seen as big assets with kids Kerr Smith and Logan Chalmers being watched by a number of top clubs.

The desperate situation could also see them forced to sell Scotland star Lawrence Shankland to the highest bidder when the January transfer window opens.

Goalkeeper Benji Siegrist has also been attracting attention for his fine performances this season.

Article has been updated:

United owner Mark Ogren last night broke months of silence to insist he remains committed to the club. 

But has warned his pot of cash isn’t limitless.  

He said: “I’ve got limited funds. We need to figure this out.

“But I don’t want to scare people into thinking we’re going away because that is not the case.

"We’re going to figure this out but we’ll need help from the government, our fans and everybody at the club.

“The first phase we had budgeted for so we anticipated it but we didn’t budget for this second phase. 

“It has no effect on my commitment to Dundee United. We are absolutely not up for sale.” 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
48 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Someone needs to defend signing players. 

I have been genuinely amazed by clubs spending large sums on players berating government whilst sticking their fingers in their ears.

Fans should be allowed in first to clubs who have not spent and genuinely need the cash 

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

United owner Mark Ogren last night broke months of silence to insist he remains committed to the club. 

“But I don’t want to scare people into thinking we’re going away because that is not the case.

"We’re going to figure this out but we’ll need help from the government, our fans and everybody at the club.

“The first phase we had budgeted for so we anticipated it but we didn’t budget for this second phase. 

“It has no effect on my commitment to Dundee United. We are absolutely not up for sale.” 

Sounds like they'll soon be up for sale

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

While there's  thread about them; Can someone tell me why Rangers fans have such hatred for Utd?

As RJ said up there and they used to be called Dundee Hibernian of course. 

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Cracked open a nice Malbec thanks to this news.

Now for the rest................

a spoonful of sugar .............

https://youtu.be/ftxnr28LDXc

We should sing this after every goal we score against any of the teams that voted to demote us.....in the most delightful way! FTH

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

“We are absolutely not for sale” = “we are for sale at any price.  Please help us!”

You would think that being part of a members organisation we should really look after each other eh. DUFC the only poor Arabs 

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, AHS51 said:

120% of turnover spent on wages! Shambles of a club! 

133% mate. Your second sentence is of course spot on!

Gordon Ramsay
14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Struggling badly going by those words. 

9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

We should sing this after every goal we score against any of the teams that voted to demote us.....in the most delightful way! FTH

🤣🤣 👍

18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It's to do with with when Rangers died : DUFC fans had some belters***  to wind them up and also DUFC themselves disputed a development fee for a player they signed from Sevco , saying Sevco was a new club and so couldn't possibly claim a fee based on 4/5/6 years development  (IIRC) :rofl:

*** Their fans singing "Zombie" at Sevco fans on live TV when Deidco got back to the Prem. 

There might have been something to do with a match programme too (not sure). 

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

133% mate. Your second sentence is of course spot on!

Wow! Granted you can't predict a pandemic but what a suicidal way to run a football club. Surely we couldn't have been this bad even under Romanov

They want help from the government ffs yet signed players on how much ? 🤣🤣🤣 aye ok .

shit creek alright and no paddle in sight. Glorious stuff

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It's to do with with when Rangers died : DUFC fans had some belters***  to wind them up and also DUFC themselves disputed a development fee for a player they signed from Sevco , saying Sevco was a new club and so couldn't possibly claim a fee based on 4/5/6 years development  (IIRC) :rofl:

*** Their fans singing "Zombie" at Sevco fans on live TV when Deidco got back to the Prem. 

There might have been something to do with a match programme too (not sure). 

Was there not something about ticket refunds as well?

I think we're still waiting for the Dundee United accounts covering the promotion season.

The near £4 million overspend was for the previous season.