Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• 1971fozzy

• Pans Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbie clearly seen this coming.

Haven't they recently brought in McNulty on loan? Surely they must've been aware this was coming. I'll bet the manager didn't come cheap either given his experience in England. 

9 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Possible fire sale on Shankland too, what a shame....:rofl:

Makes sense now why we left that number 9 jersey free! Welcome to Gorgie Shanks!

Neil Dongcaster
6 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Can someone C&P the article so I don’t have to open that rags website? 

Ive always wondered if people actually wait for someone to paste the article or are just virtue signalling and read the piece after posting.

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Can someone C&P the article so I don’t have to open that rags website? 

DUNDEE UNITED have today opened talks with manager Micky Mellon and his players over drastic wage cuts.

SunSport Online can reveal the cash-strapped Tannadice club are desperate to slash their salary bill.

And they’ve approached boss Mellon, his backroom staff and players to ask them to accept a 20 percent drop in money until the end of the season.

Crucially, though, it’s believed the club’s bid to halt spiralling costs does NOT include their summer signings.

Ryan Edwards and Jeando Fuchs have been given big money contracts.

But it’s understood the club doesn’t expect them to accept wage-cuts - which has left their team-mates stunned.

Questions have also been asked given United have just recently signed one-time Scotland striker Marc McNulty on loan from Reading - which is understood to cost them around £5,000-a-week.

As yet no agreement has been struck between the club and the United squad.

But Tannadice chief Tony Ashgar is hopeful Mellon and his players will agree to the deal being proposed for the next six months.

United’s serious cash worries have mounted because of the Covid-19 crisis with no gate money being earned.

It’s heaped huge pressure on the club with boardroom bosses now left with no option but to look to slash costs.

United have several players coming through their youth academy who are seen as big assets with kids Kerr Smith and Logan Chalmers being watched by a number of top clubs.

The desperate situation could also see them forced to sell Scotland star Lawrence Shankland to the highest bidder when the January transfer window opens.

Goalkeeper Benji Siegrist has also been attracting attention for his fine performances this season.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Didn't realise they'd spent BIG wages on Edwards.

£5k a week on McGambler, and ****ing bleating hypocrisy & faux outrage from the fans, about folk losing their ****ing jobs...?

:lol:

They were at 133% wage to turnover ratio earlier in the year which is absolutely crazy but its bound to be higher now due to the current situation. 

This has made my day.

Asgar poured scorn on the benefactor monies when he said "Ah feel  like aw ma Chissmasses huv come at wance". And didn't bat an eyelid on the programme when he admitted DUFC had spent way more than they planned to get into the Prem and intended to spend more to stay there. 

Up him and his poxy club. 

Surely the players union won't be happy with some players being asked to take wage cuts while others are being brought in on larger pay scales. 

Imagine asking your squad to take pay cuts but telling them the new guys in the team don't have to. What a way to build squad harmony. Hope all the players tell them to ram it.

1 minute ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Surely the players union won't be happy with some players being asked to take wage cuts while others are being brought in on larger pay scales. 

Fraser Wishart will keep on listening to his favourite record as it does not involve Hearts

The old classic 'The Sound of Silence'

9 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Ive always wondered if people actually wait for someone to paste the article or are just virtue signalling and read the piece after posting.

I have no intention of clicking into that site 👍👍👍

9 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

DUNDEE UNITED have today opened talks with manager Micky Mellon and his players over drastic wage cuts.

SunSport Online can reveal the cash-strapped Tannadice club are desperate....

Thanks bud! Tick *** tock is all I can say to that mob! 

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Didn't realise they'd spent BIG wages on Edwards.

£5k a week on McGambler, and ****ing bleating hypocrisy & faux outrage from the fans, about folk losing their ****ing jobs...?

:lol:

AndONE TIME Scotland striker.....

Don't worry gang, the Scottish football community will rally round them.

Fraser Wishart and Tam McManus will hold a midnight vigil. Tony Fitzpatrick will say they should be gifted some points cis they probably would've stayed up. Raith will loan them some players.

All good.

We should hold a sponsored pishing oorsels, all donations to McNulty via Ladbrokes

Edited by TheBigO

NaturalOrder74

Maybe the Dundee owner can use all the money he gets from these ambitious friendlies to just buy them and make one slightly bigger second tier Dundee club 

26 minutes ago, buzz said:

What’s Tam McmAnus’ thoughts on this, I wonder.

f.t.f.y.

Getting the players to walk to their away fixtures would certainly save them money on the team bus and might improve squad fitness, enabling them to reduce training sessions (they won't have time for as many anyway), also saving them money.

Win-win.   

:greggy:

Fort Vallance
40 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Peterhead also make 29 staff redundant as Furlough ends

Non playing staff so far but it won't be long until players are affected.

I can't be the only one that thinks I hope Fraser Wishart is okay, we haven't heard a peep out of him since March, nothing about h1b5 little fiscuary "anomalies" re back pay and nothing about this. He must have more important work to do or is he only on call when it involves those "Pesky Hertz".

Where is our man of the people standing up for workers rights in the face of rampant exploitation by their fat-cat employers? Gone off-piste? MIA?Drunk?Couldn't give a ****? Hypocrite...hmmm

I think he's a douche-nozzle that, as far as a union rep goes, is a bit piss-poor at his job and choses silence over morality. What a doucher. And a Hypocrite. 

Just now, Deid Heid said:

I can't be the only one that thinks I hope Fraser Wishart is okay, we haven't heard a peep out of him since March, nothing about h1b5 little fiscuary "anomalies" re back pay and nothing about this. He must have more important work to do or is he only on call when it involves those "Pesky Hertz".

Where is our man of the people standing up for workers rights in the face of rampant exploitation by their fat-cat employers? Gone off-piste? MIA?Drunk?Couldn't give a ****? Hypocrite...hmmm

I think he's a douche-nozzle that, as far as a union rep goes, is a bit piss-poor at his job and choses silence over morality. What a doucher. And a Hypocrite. 

Careful, his wee buddy on here will be along to tell you off 🤣

The first club of many with daft yank owners to ask players to take wage cuts.

Over the road will follow soon. Dumpster etc are hoping they have a derby win to hide it behind.

15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Careful, his wee buddy on here will be along to tell you off 🤣

S*** I wasn't aware of a fan club (Hiya Fraser!). 

I am aquiver with anticipation to hear from our "Man of the people" as to why, it would seem, that our simple measures were so derided yet so many others are casually reported in the media, in many instances more severe than any measure that Hearts have ever implemented (and often far less amicable) yet he only demands answers from Hearts via the meedja. I really would like to hear what he is doing in his members interests, as obviously, when it came to Hearts his criticism was very public (albeit misguided).

Edited by Deid Heid