Scottish Cup 2020/21

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

The format of this season's Scottish cup has been announced.

Key points:

All licensed clubs and a couple of invitees will take part (was previously mooted that the cup would have restricted entry).

No replays. 

Hearts start in Round 2 on 9 January 2021. 

Preliminary rounds start on 28 November 2020.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-202021-format-confirmed/?rid=2107

The Treasurer

As I said on the other thread, I hope that no replays will be kept in the future. A knock out cup tie should be played to a finish 

16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

As I said on the other thread, I hope that no replays will be kept in the future. A knock out cup tie should be played to a finish 

Same as the league Cup then. 

Interesting to see SFA including provision for teams not to take up their Scottish Cup eligibilty without penalty. Both Girvan and Auchinleck Talbot decided to withdraw from this season's West of Scotland league but have a Scottish Cup place.

SectionFJambo

The provisional rounds will reduce substantially. A lot of the clubs cannot provide suitable changing facilities. 

I'd also expect to lose a few due to Covid between rounds as there is around 7-10 days between rounds. A covid outbreak in a team will leave them no choice but to withdraw.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Scottish Cup is more important than that 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

:isee:

Winning the cup is like making love to a beautiful woman .

Some early fumbling around leads to a semi before a final climax 

Edited by Sir Gio

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Bit of a nerve sending the holders in a round early less than 3 weeks after they won it

:pleasing:

Bit of a nerve sending the holders in a round early less than 3 weeks after they won it

😂😂😂❤❤❤

You're on fire today.  Your posts are increasing my confidence that our Lochend friends are heading for yet another Hampden nightmare against the Heart and Soul.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another rearranged league game

Dunfermline at home 9 January 

Weird to schedule it on the same day as league fixtures as the full lower league fixture list will need to be rearranged.

Lack of foresight again as should have been planned for in the summer.

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Scottish Cup is more important than that 

Those days have gone.  Years of great cup ties, draws and replays.  Fans don't count and it's too expensive.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Weird to schedule it on the same day as league fixtures as the full lower league fixture list will need to be rearranged.

Lack of foresight again as should have been planned for in the summer.

How very dare you use the word "plan" when Dumbcaster is involved.

He couldn't plan how open a packet of gum.

So teams can decline without penalty or disciplinary action?  Bit weird given the impact it will have on the draw.  

Unless the names will still go in the bowl and if drawn out it will represent a bye for the other team drawn?  

🧐🧐🧐

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

So teams can decline without penalty or disciplinary action?  Bit weird given the impact it will have on the draw.  

Unless the names will still go in the bowl and if drawn out it will represent a bye for the other team drawn?  

🧐🧐🧐

Old Firm straight through to final then..

14 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Bravo sir!

18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The format of this season's Scottish cup has been announced.

Key points:

All licensed clubs and a couple of invitees will take part (was previously mooted that the cup would have restricted entry).

No replays. 

Hearts start in Round 2 on 9 January 2021. 

Preliminary rounds start on 28 November 2020.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-202021-format-confirmed/?rid=2107

Fixture scheduling is ridiculous this season. We are currently in three cups and  if we were to get to the final of all three (long shot I agree) we will have to re-arrange 8 league matches. And that’s in a shortened league campaign of only 27 games. Makes the decision  to delay the season to 17 October all the more ridiculous. 

17 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

:rudiyas:

17 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

:sweeet:

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fixture scheduling is ridiculous this season. We are currently in three cups and  if we were to get to the final of all three (long shot I agree) we will have to re-arrange 8 league matches. And that’s in a shortened league campaign of only 27 games. Makes the decision  to delay the season to 17 October all the more ridiculous. 

It’s a mess and could be costly if the league is suspended and called again when we could potentially have so many games in hand/rearranged. But Robbie has said he’s finished with the Betfred cup for this season so I’d expect significantly weakened sides being put out for those games