• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Depends on injuries, but with white if ginos out and Kingsley on the left I think we'll cause problems, we are better than last year out wide. 

Even v Arbroath we had lots of crosses. 

It could be tight and scrappy, but with no fans a lot of games have just felt more open and I think hibs will attack us, possibly even 2 up front so that will help create a more open game. 

Either way, any win will do! 

The only problems White would cause are to Hearts.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It must be years since we played them with a full strength squad. 

It’s really frustrating, that was my first thought when Ginnelly went off last Friday. Berra and Souttar out too. Naismith/Haring/Halliday not fully fit and who knows about Roberts. Boyce not quite firing on all cylinders yet either. 
Will make the victory all the sweeter. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Nervous but was nervous for ER. Remember feeling sick when saw that line up walking to game. Against midfield of Boyle, Allan, Docherty, Omeonga!! Look what happened - most comfortable win in a long time

We have the better manager, goalie, full backs, midfield and strikers. Their wingers are better simply because Gino is out. Not a good CB on the pitch if i’m honest 

I’m worried about Gino/Roberts being out but the rest of team is strong

Worry of losing is there but if we play to our best we win. 

Absolutely 👍🏽👏🏾

36 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

There's now way we should be relying on our CH's to defend our lead. Jury is still out on Popescu and I'm not convinced CH is Halkett's strongest position...

We're missing Souttar and Berra big time.

Yip, Big test for Halkett and Popescu. Hopefully they can be solid. 

Kidd’s Boots
55 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I was speaking to a player yesterday and the game was obviously the topic of discussion. The team is confident of winning and there is definite weaknesses in the Hibs team to exploit. He admits though that the fact Hibs have been playing for 3 months could have a big impact. I disagreed, saying it’s a derby and as usual who wants it most will win. However he made a good point. If we started the same time as Hibs, not only would we be as match sharp as them but also Naismith, Haring, Halliday and potentially Souttar would be available to start. Haring would’ve had more than one full game under his belt. Naismith's fitness could’ve been managed better rather than training and similarly with Souttar, he only relapsed because of over training as a result of lack of games. Halliday would’ve also been brought in much sooner. 

As much as I’m looking forward to it, it’s an absolute travesty we’re being asked to play in what’s seen by some as our biggest game in years after only 2 league games.

Still think we will win the midfield and win by two clear goals. FTH 

I agree with all the points you and the player discussed yesterday, but for me, the key to this game lies with four men.

Robbie Neilson Gordon Forrest Lee McCulloch and Jim Jefferies.

We can do nothing to influence the lag in training, game time or injury management, but these four men can and must influence the 6 inches between the ears of every man in the squad on Saturday. If they can get this right, then the rest will fall into place imo. 

My head says that Hibs really should come out on top in this one but it's a derby after all and as we've won a few that we shouldn't have in the past, my heart says that we might just do it again. 2-1 to us with Craig Gordon really p****** then off with a few wonder saves.

31 minutes ago, 1953 said:

My head says that Hibs really should come out on top in this one but it's a derby after all and as we've won a few that we shouldn't have in the past, my heart says that we might just do it again. 2-1 to us with Craig Gordon really p****** then off with a few wonder saves.

Also, I don't want to win this game badly enough to risk unfit/injured players so if Naesmith, Haring, Halliday etc aren't fit enough then we should go with the players who are fit enough and are willing to give their all and have a go.

Gimme an H...
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

I was speaking to a player yesterday and the game was obviously the topic of discussion. The team is confident of winning and there is definite weaknesses in the Hibs team to exploit. He admits though that the fact Hibs have been playing for 3 months could have a big impact. I disagreed, saying it’s a derby and as usual who wants it most will win. However he made a good point. If we started the same time as Hibs, not only would we be as match sharp as them but also Naismith, Haring, Halliday and potentially Souttar would be available to start. Haring would’ve had more than one full game under his belt. Naismith's fitness could’ve been managed better rather than training and similarly with Souttar, he only relapsed because of over training as a result of lack of games. Halliday would’ve also been brought in much sooner. 

As much as I’m looking forward to it, it’s an absolute travesty we’re being asked to play in what’s seen by some as our biggest game in years after only 2 league games.

Still think we will win the midfield and win by two clear goals. FTH 

Can't afford to have any doubts like that in their heads. 

Hopefully that gets drilled out of them.

52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Premier Sports and BBC Scotland channel. 

Hearts tv international, I prefer good biased commentary.

Don't suppose it means much but folk must be putting decent amounts on Hearts as now favourites at most bookies now - checked it the other day and the Hobos were clear favorites 

I'm worried about this one if I'm being honest. Mainly worried that they're going to be quicker and fitter, and that we'll fall foul to a late goal because of it. 

Big game for Boyce - he really needs to be on his game for us to get anything out of this. Hopefully Haring will play as he'll be invaluable when it comes to breaking up play and getting the ball forward. He's also a big danger from set-pieces, which we might need to rely on a bit more than we normally do. Would be excellent if Halliday was at 100% fitness as well because he's exactly the sort of nasty wee ******* that would be handy and would get stuck in in a game like this. 

That said, all the pressure is on them. We're the Championship side. We're the underdogs. They might just Hibs it! 

31 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Also, I don't want to win this game badly enough to risk unfit/injured players so if Naesmith, Haring, Halliday etc aren't fit enough then we should go with the players who are fit enough and are willing to give their all and have a go.

:notsure:

It's Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish Cup ffs. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Eh? 

It's a sc sf v hibs. 

I want to win this game even if it means 10 England wc Terry butcher esq walking about the place afterwards. 

Wighton has been making some cracking runs into the channel and working defenders. I'd be tempted to give him a run out. 

He's like Aidy White, doesn't look like he believes in himself...too much of a nice guy. Would be nice to see him stick one in the top corner before winding Porteous up.

Needs to show some personality on the pitch.

32 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Can't afford to have any doubts like that in their heads. 

Hopefully that gets drilled out of them.

Like I said the mood in the camp is one of confidence. I think this match sharpness stuff wont come into it. It’s a derby, the 11 starting players will have enough adrenaline to last them 90 mins and more. 

It was just the plain fact that if we started our season 3 months before this game then the chances are we would have a fully fit and firing Naismith, Haring and Halliday. 

We’ve won numerous derbies with much much worse teams. 

Takeshi kovac

Think the stars might just be aligning for the goal machine. A wind of change has blown through this place over the last couple of weeks regarding Wighton . He is starting to look like a footballer after all.  Fancy him for the winner FTH

Think this one will come just too early for some of our players like Naismith, Halliday and Haring. Haring has to play for me and put him in there with Lee. We need some decent set plays and someone who passes forward. Don't think there will be much in it but is a blow our wide players being injured for this one. Feel like we could have got at them but saying that don't think there is much between the sides at all. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

I agree with all the points you and the player discussed yesterday, but for me, the key to this game lies with four men.

Robbie Neilson Gordon Forrest Lee McCulloch and Jim Jefferies.

We can do nothing to influence the lag in training, game time or injury management, but these four men can and must influence the 6 inches between the ears of every man in the squad on Saturday. If they can get this right, then the rest will fall into place imo. 

And Gary Locke.  That gives us former players and captains, former and current managers, previous cup winners and at least two club supporters in the dressing room, to make clear what's expected.

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Hibs on penalties.

Sorry. Just my honest opinion.

Oh my god! Penalties!!! I hadn't even considered penalties.

Cheers Barack, just ruined the rest of my week.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Exactly, there is no bigger game. 

One, the final 👍

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

One, the final 👍

Well that's the thing about a derby, especially in the cup, and perhaps for us more than Hibs.

It's only the biggest game of the season if you lose.  If we win, it's on to the next game.

They're the opposite, biggest game of the season if they win, if they lose, what diff.

Think it’ll be close but we’ll nick it by the odd goal which will be a wonder goal.

They’ll have someone sent off. Hopefully that cuddy Porteous

Niemi’s gloves
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will need to nullify Boyle and Nesbits pace, they are the two danger men and if we can do that and pressurise their awful defence we can win. 
Its 3 subs from 7 players with a

4th sub allowed in extra time. 

I’m not sure that this is right. According to the BBC story (21 July) when the dates for the semis and final were announced, its 5 subs as per IFAB regulations. No mention of a further sub in extra time.

edit: also confirmed by the SFA press release of the same date. (21 July)

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Haringshairband

The underlying pain and bitterness in this post from Pie & Bovril is so so :pleasing:I think we'll win this 5-1. (If a Hibs season ticket holder referees it, fails to send off a Hibs player for a brutal assault on Naismith  5 minutes into the game to set the tone, awards a penalty to Hibs for a tackle 5 yards outside the box, sends off the offending  Hearts player despite it not being a clear goal scoring opportunity.) If not,  2-0 Hibees.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’m not sure that this is right. According to the BBC story (21 July) when the dates for the semis and final were announced, its 5 subs as per IFAB regulations. No mention of a further sub in extra time.

This is the ****ing SFA we are talking about, we don’t need these foreigners telling us what to do. 
Yet they changed the bit about players playing for different clubs. #makingitupastheygo 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1814/cup-competition-rules.pdf

0971396A-FD6A-4B73-9B22-2980BFD5AB06.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

A lot being made of the gap between us due to current league standings.  Think it was a similar gap when we pumped them 3-1 at the tip.  Just sayin.

I think we'll go 4411 Just to give us a solid base. Two holding midfielders white/Kingsley one side, smith and possibly Walker the other Boyce in the hole and Wighton up front. Fitness will play apart and we might invite Hibs onto us a bit and try and catch them on the break with Wightons pace.... I'll be honest it's giving me the fear.

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

And Gary Locke.  That gives us former players and captains, former and current managers, previous cup winners and at least two club supporters in the dressing room, to make clear what's expected.

The ace up their sleeves....

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

56791333-BED5-485E-91B6-866F8BB84A0C.jpeg

Like that team.

Halliday will have to work a lot harder to get involved (than last week)and be aware to help Kingsley against Boyle.

If we can close him off we will be well on the way to a win.

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

:notsure:

It's Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish Cup ffs. 

I'm serious alright. I don't want the league season jepordised in any way by risking players who aren't fit enough for a one off game that should have been abandoned along with the league. Having said that I sincerely hope that our best players are fit and ready for it and give them a roasting.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Eh? 

It's a sc sf v hibs. 

I want to win this game even if it means 10 England wc Terry butcher esq walking about the place afterwards. 

Me too, plenty blood and guts if that's what it takes, but my point is that the players must be able to walk about the place afterwards and not have limped off having aggravated an injury after 20 minutes leaving the rest of their season in doubt.

Hard to call because I haven't watched any Premiership football this season.

I've seen plenty of Hearts, though, and barring some chinks of light against Dundee, we've looked every inch a second-tier outfit in most of the games so far.

I can only hope H1b5 are just as bad.

Edited by Cut The Crap

Niemi’s gloves
42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

This is the ****ing SFA we are talking about, we don’t need these foreigners telling us what to do. 
Yet they changed the bit about players playing for different clubs. #makingitupastheygo 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1814/cup-competition-rules.pdf

0971396A-FD6A-4B73-9B22-2980BFD5AB06.jpeg

I believe that pdf dates from 3 July. It’s what is on the SFA website indicating that date.  However if you scroll down it to the final rule 35 at the end headed “Alterations and Additions to Rules” it states:

”The Board shall have the power to temporarily suspend, amend or add to these Rules as circumstances may dictate from time to time”

Given that the (subsequent)  SFA press release of 21 July specifically refers both to players playing for different clubs AND  to clubs being able to use 5 substitutes, it seems reasonable to assume that the board has used its powers under Rule 35.

So it looks like we can use 5 subs not just 3

Gimme an H...
Just now, Cut The Crap said:

Hard to call because I haven't watched any Premiership football this season.

I've seen plenty of Hearts, though, and barring some chinks of light against Dundee, we've looked every inch a second-tier outfit in most of the game so far.

I can only hope H1b5 are just as bad.

Doesn't matter a jot.

Its a derby. Its at hampden. Hibs are expected to win. 

= Hearts win. 

Franksluckypants

It cost them a six figure sum to see us demoted...pay back time!

First 50:50 Haliday on Boyle with Boyle's cruciate ending up in the stand as the sole wee team supporter!

Thereafter cruise to a relaxed 2.0 😉