***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

That came out of the blue!   Been hiding that one? I don't recall that at all.   More goalmouth scrambles predicted me thinks, along with plenty whistles from the ref'.   ☺ 

Stat attack

Hibernian have never beaten Hearts at a neutral venue - a run stretching back to 1896.

Saturday will be the 326th competitive Edinburgh Derby since the two sides first locked horns on the Meadows on Christmas Day 1875.

:shockio:

Edited by HMFC01

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Thats what I'm thinking and despite the pant wetting from the media over Hibs' abilities to scud us my feet are firmly on the ground.

However I sincerely hope Robbie, Gordon and Lee have plans up their sleeves to....

A, Snub out Boyle (deny Nisbet service)

B, Mentally torment Porteous* and 

C, Dominate the midfield

*Im hoping Naismith is the one for this,  Porteous will want to make a show for the cameras and his fans with his hard man image, there's ways and means of using this to our advantage.

Spot on. Naismith is yer man and let’s use everything we’ve got to get any advantage. Naismith should glue himself to Porteous. 

Just be there in his face every f**kin minute.  

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Spot on. Naismith is yer man and let’s use everything we’ve got to get any advantage. Naismith should glue himself to Porteous. 

I agree. Naismith is gobby wee shite and would be on the wind-up from before the whistle even blows for kick-off. I dont think Porteous could handle that for very long.

16 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That came out of the blue!   Been hiding that one? I don't recall that at all.   More goalmouth scrambles predicted me thinks, along with plenty whistles from the ref'.   ☺ 

Stat attack

Hibernian have never beaten Hearts at a neutral venue - a run stretching back to 1896.

Saturday will be the 326th competitive Edinburgh Derby since the two sides first locked horns on the Meadows on Christmas Day 1875.

:shockio:

Another stat I saw we have played Hibs twice before in the semi if the Scottish cup. On both occasions we won then went on to lift the trophy. 

Gorgie Boot boy

With Hawkeye Pearce at age 84 years , i wonder if he will be sober enough to do the commentary.

de6326a3351aafbd24f61b73d2fa4f6a.jpg

21 hours ago, Rhyst93 said:

Flying out Friday from edi with my hibby mate..... 

Same flight as me and my two mates 👍👍

30 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Goal line technology to be used

The Scottish FA will use goal line technology for the first time in the William Hill Scottish Cup Semi-Finals and Final this year, in conjunction with Hawk-Eye

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/match-preview-heart-of-midlothian-v-hibernian/

It's about time we started using this technology as it clearly does work. As shown throughout other leagues and is one of the better recent improvements.

Hopefully they will implement this in the league in the near future. 

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Heard that the laddie Nisbets father passed away today, so may not be playing. Any truth in that? Shame if true. 

Hope not.

A, shocking news for a boy so young.

B,  it gives them an excuse. 

15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hope not.

Nothing more than a rumour so far, yet to have it confirmed. 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nothing more than a rumour so far, yet to have it confirmed. 

If it is true then bad timing, would of been better if he had died 15 minutes before the game kicks off  . Unfair advantage having two days to get over it.

So Ginnelli then...we were to find out today if he would make it for Saturday’s squad. 
Not heard anything. That could be good though I suppose. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Despite all my previous negativity surrounding the staging of this game,  beginning to feel rabid

:fth:

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Can't help feeling that Naismith has been wrapped in cotton wool for this game. 

Also think as you say he should annoy the **** out of that overrated twat. 

28 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So Ginnelli then...we were to find out today if he would make it for Saturday’s squad. 
Not heard anything. That could be good though I suppose. 

Robbie might be playing his cards close to his chest with this one. 

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

SFA have confirmed there will be goal line technology used in our game.

should help if there are any scrappy over the line nonsense. That’s nice isn’t it

Does it work?

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Hope not.

I would think he would play even if it was true.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I would think he would play even if it was true.

Aye probably.  Would have to be the worst prep’ imaginable though. 

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Goal line technology to be used

The Scottish FA will use goal line technology for the first time in the William Hill Scottish Cup Semi-Finals and Final this year, in conjunction with Hawk-Eye

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/match-preview-heart-of-midlothian-v-hibernian/

Goal line technology you say?

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_142cbac2-eb01-11e5-84f1-97ffd10874b8.jpg

Edited by Jack Torrance

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

should help if there are any scrappy over the line nonsense. That’s nice isn’t it

Goal line technology? Controlled by the GFA?

My mind went straight to Petrie with a Kodak 600. Shaking the photo until developed.

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

If it is true then bad timing, would of been better if he had died 15 minutes before the game kicks off  . Unfair advantage having two days to get over it.

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Can't help feeling that Naismith has been wrapped in cotton wool for this game. 

Also think as you say he should annoy the **** out of that overrated twat. 

This 100% there is no danger he won’t be playing in this game. 
Think we may well go two up top Wighton on bench 

52 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Wouldn’t be so sure. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Despite all my previous negativity surrounding the staging of this game,  beginning to feel rabid

:fth:

I have near threw up a few times, cant go the game or slag of any of them lot. Brutal.

8 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i backed hearts correct score to win the Mercer derby 3-0 and picked-up a tidy sum for a relatively small stake 

in fact if stories are to be believed the Lothian police were complicit in my match fixing profits

To clarify this, the match commander entered BOTH dressing rooms at half time and advised the crowd trouble was threatening the game and gave instructions about leaving the field of play should it be necessary. Hearts were NOT asked to ‘ease off’ in any way shape or form. If that happened (and we didn’t score again so it may have) it was a decision of the players and management. The match commander that day was a Hearts fan, long since retired whom I last saw bouncing down the seats in Bordeaux. Undignified for an ageing former senior police officer

Edited by JimmyCant

3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Robbie Neilson will not start a game against Hibs with 2 up front. He MIGHT play 2 wide to keep their width occupied.

4-2-3-1. It’s a stick on to be that.

Naismith will be on the bench at best and won’t get on unless we need to recover the game late on IMO

Jamie Walker is the key here. He’ll be expected to do a lot of work and take on a lot of responsibility. He has a stormer and we will win. He disappears and it might be a sore one.

Edited by JimmyCant

28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

To clarify this, the match commander entered BOTH dressing rooms at half time and advised the crowd trouble was threatening the game and gave instructions about leaving the field of play should it be necessary. Hearts were NOT asked to ‘ease off’ in any way shape or form. If that happened (and we didn’t score again so it may have) it was a decision of the players and management. The match commander that day was a Hearts fan, long since retired whom I last saw bouncing down the seats in Bordeaux. Undignified for an ageing former senior police officer

According to John Robertson the Hearts team was told not to score any more goals. 28:10 in this link:

On 28/10/2020 at 10:20, Negan said:

Anyone going to be in Tenerife over the weekend? Long shot but you never know!

Be a few locals goin into the whisky jar  for the game ....

Last time we played they had two shots on target all game and we had Damour at CDM.

I'm not scared.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Sure I read somewhere that our hospitality sold out weeks ago.  I know it won't be a fortune but it's more income at a time when income is hard to find.

Don't know if they even have hospitality in the breeze block stand but it will be nothing like ours.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Sure I read somewhere that our hospitality sold out weeks ago.  I know it won't be a fortune but it's more income at a time when income is hard to find.

Don't know if they even have hospitality in the breeze block stand but it will be nothing like ours.

It did sell out but has been cancelled due to the covid restrictions . Bit gutted as I had it booked and looking forward to it 

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

It did sell out but has been cancelled due to the covid restrictions . Bit gutted as I had it booked and looking forward to it 

Disappointed to hear that.  Really sorry that you're all stil being cursed by this virus.

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

who was the match commander that day?

3 hours ago, jambocub said:

They are allowed to open again to 6pm under the level 3 rules are they not? Sure I saw a tweet by Hearts this week.

12 minutes ago, kila said:

They are allowed to open again to 6pm under the level 3 rules are they not? Sure I saw a tweet by Hearts this week.

I was only going to have a few pints and enjoy the match with fellow jambo's.

Just need to get merry in the house and hopefully cheer us on to victory

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, kila said:

They are selling carry outs Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from the Gorgie bar. It's the stock they have brought in for Saturday but won't be needed now that they can't open

I know a lot of peeps on here don’t like the oval ball but saturday will probably see my liver pack up and leave. Scotland k-o against Wales at 2.15; then jambos; then France v Ireland at 8pm. What a day 

8 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

According to John Robertson the Hearts team was told not to score any more goals. 28:10 in this link:

I’ll be kind here because he’s a legend. His memory of events is letting him down for once 

16 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Given the history of the ball being over the line that didn’t count there would a delicious irony if we benefitted from this technology rather than them this weekend

Edited by Jammy T

Really refreshing to read Robbie say today that Ginelly is desperate to play and that they’ll give him every minute available to get ready for the game, even if it means coming off the bench.  That’s the attitude and team spirit we need - a manager who’ll do everything he can to encourage players to get fit and players who want to break through the pain barrier to play.  Last season, if a player got a splinter he was out for a month. 

38 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I know a lot of peeps on here don’t like the oval ball but saturday will probably see my liver pack up and leave. Scotland k-o against Wales at 2.15; then jambos; then France v Ireland at 8pm. What a day 

Totally agree, going to have to pace myself, could be messy. Im definitely falling out with herself as shr always gets annoyed when i shout at the telly. Seems it scares the dugs😂😂

16 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Cue Hibs being given a goal when the ball is at the corner flag.