***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

get into the sister loving junkie web feeted mother fekers and attack their goals and limbs with absolute brutal force.

If we go down then make them wince and limbs really hurt .

But have a wee feeling about this so going 1-0 to the big team.

FTH

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Cut The Crap said:

I suspect more folk would be up for this if we had a better team.

Personally, I’m looking forward to it. Likely to be our biggest match of the season.

:fth:

Nope, that will be the final.

PLZ Soccer podcast 

Charlie Adam 0-3 Hibs

Tam McManus 0-3 Hibs

Alan Rough (0-4) 0-2 Hibs

Peter Martin 2-1 Heart of Midlothian.

John Collins is in no doubt whatsoever Hibs are winning this, he recognises and so he should that the pressure is on Hibs BUT he thinks they'll win comfortably. 

Alison McConnell Hibs win.

Edited by dannymack

8 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Personally, I’m looking forward to it. Likely to be our biggest match of the season.

Biggest match of LAST season.

Better team, manager and coaching now. More impressed with Roberts than others on here. Haring coming back, Irving will continue to improve, Halliday an upgrade = midfield better. Kingsley's a decent player. Time for Walker and Boyce to step up. Hibs probably improved, anything could happen but expecting a win. 5-1.

10 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

I'm happy with the way the team is taking shape and think we are more than capable of winning on Saturday.   The 'not getting up for it' bit is more fueled by the farce surrounding playing out this competition with all the disadvantages that gives Hearts.  An empty stadium.  No pub gathering to watch the game.  I will be over the moon if we win but won't be hanging myself if we don't.  

5 hours ago, dannymack said:

PLZ Soccer podcast 

Charlie Adam 0-3 Hibs

Tam McManus 0-3 Hibs

John Collins is in no doubt whatsoever Hibs are winning this, he recognises and so he should that the pressure is on Hibs BUT he thinks they'll win comfortably. 

Hibs are pish.

Another 5-1 Scottish Cup humping ya puddle drinking tramps!

Mon the JT's.

Heart - 2-1 us

Head - 1-0 hibs

Think it'll be tight, wouldn't be shocked if we won by any means but think they're ahead of us at the moment. 

Every time I've seen Hibs on TV they look very average. But they are getting results. 

Edited by Ari Gold

I’m in no way saying we are great, we’ve got a lot to prove and there’s much to be made up yet to the Hearts support. 

But wtf do pundits see in Hibs?  Maybe it’s just me, I’m pretty critical of the standard in the game now and it’s maybe a case of being the best out of the ordinary aside from Rangers and Celtic. 

Some of the Hibs players are so bland. McGinn, Doidge, Wright, the pish at the back they’ve had for years. Has the standard stooped so low that shite like Hanlon are now deemed internationalists?

Get a bit f**kin anger about us on Saturday. We’ve got the ability. Hound these c**ts at the back, never stop, show dig, show a persistence that’ll out will them because they are bottle merchants when put under pressure.  

Let's not kid ourselves that the advantage given to Hibs, by the SPFL decisions over the last few months, haven't made our chances any easier. But its going to be a one off slog in the gale force wind and pouring rain. If Haring plays, we have the best player on the pitch and with Gordon in goal we have one of the best keepers in Scottish football and then we have Naismith (big game player and Hall of fame inductee). Put all that in the mix and we have more than a fighting chance. Cmon the Jambos. 

south morocco
26 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m in no way saying we are great, we’ve got a lot to prove and there’s much to be made up yet to the Hearts support. 

But wtf do pundits see in Hibs?  Maybe it’s just me, I’m pretty critical of the standard in the game now and it’s maybe a case of being the best out of the ordinary aside from Rangers and Celtic. 

Some of the Hibs players are so bland. McGinn, Doidge, Wright, the pish at the back they’ve had for years. Has the standard stooped so low that shite like Hanlon are now deemed internationalists?

Get a bit f**kin anger about us on Saturday. We’ve got the ability. Hound these c**ts at the back, never stop, show dig, show a persistence that’ll out will them because they are bottle merchants when put under pressure.  

My thoughts exactly mate. Well said 

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Independence said:

Weather is going to be dreadful!!

Just like the hibs defense then :biggrin:. Cmon Hearts you know the drill!

Was just thinking I would just love it if Wighton scored the winner.

He's taken some slagging over the last few seasons (rightly so) and I have joined in on that too but credit where it's due, he seems to have the bit between his teeth and there's nothing better than when the underdog scores the winner in a big match is there?

Mon the JT's.

43 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Heart - 2-1 us

Head - 1-0 hibs

Think it'll be tight, wouldn't be shocked if we won by any means but think they're ahead of us at the moment. 

Every time I've seen Hibs on TV they look very average. But they are getting results. 

This is where I am. Hibs are bang average but getting results.

They are more match fit, playing regularly at a higher level. Don’t lose many goals, have a decent striker in Nesbit and dare I say a better manager (I’m not a Robbie fan though so I would say that).

However the expectation is all on them - no one outside HMFC expects a Hearts win. Will they handle it????

Gordon Ramsay
43 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agreed. 

Anyone who has watched them this season will see they arent very good. They have fluked a few wins and it's sees them sitting 3rd in the league. 

I'm not saying we are world beaters, far from it, but we should definitely be able to give them a good game. 

As long as we don't concede early goal we're in a with a decent shout. 

51 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Nail and head. Chase em. Hound them and they’ll Hibs it.

Sit off em and they won’t.

Show em who the top team in Edinburgh are

21 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

This is where I am. Hibs are bang average but getting results.

They are more match fit, playing regularly at a higher level. Don’t lose many goals, have a decent striker in Nesbit and dare I say a better manager (I’m not a Robbie fan though so I would say that).

However the expectation is all on them - no one outside HMFC expects a Hearts win. Will they handle it????

Nope they won't. 

They never do. 

It's just the way it is. 

Just all a bit Meh to be brutally honest. I know it's a Derby. I know it's a cup semi final. However it's last seasons semi final and it means nothing. Apart from a cup win. Its not in April its not warm, it's not sunny, there are no fans allowed to attend. No atmosphere 

I mean we will still have a chance to win it but its not going to mean anything if we lose 

It's a nothing competitive fixture 

Edited by Restonbabe
Meg is my daughter.

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Nail and head. Chase em. Hound them and they’ll Hibs it.

Sit off em and they won’t.

Show em who the top team in Edinburgh are

It’s all you ask at a minimum. Any game is tough whether it’s versus a strong team or the weakest, but getting a result is about how you approach the game. 

We could sweat blood on Saturday and get beaten, it happens sometimes, but you raise your percentages of winning by trying to outwork, fight and out-will the opponent.  Something we need to embed back into our mentality. 

FTH

Look at their results this season.

In the big matches lost heavily to Celtic in Glasgow, lost at home to Aberdeen , draw against Rangers in Leith, nothing to suggest anything has changed in their ability to win on big occasions

The fact that they have scraped a few narrow wins against mostly sub-standard opposition doesn't make them world beaters..

If we can play a solid game and take a couple of our chances then we can do this.

Hibs are no different to normal, the fact that we are in a different division should have no bearing on this game.

Lets get right into them and reach another final.

:flagwave:

and FTH.

Horatio Caine

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the weather forecast for Saturday is pretty grim.  High winds and heavy rain.  Will give our opponents a ready made excuse, as it could interrupt their free flowing expansive style. :mw_rolleyes:

My main worry about Saturday is, if we take the lead that we then try to defend it for the rest of the match.  If we take an early lead, we need to add to it and not invite them on to us.  Hopefully we're now savvy enough to realise this.

Also, important that our guys win their personal battles and not relent at all.

7 hours ago, dannymack said:

PLZ Soccer podcast 

Charlie Adam 0-3 Hibs

Tam McManus 0-3 Hibs

Hardly an impartial selection of individuals, however I would think most punters would take Hibs to win, everything is heavily stacked in their favour. The bookies aren't taking any chances with their odds but I suspect Hibs will be favourites by kick off with most of them, as non Hearts punters will take the current price on Hibs. 

Discipline will be key to the game, if we go down to 10 men our lack of match fitness will allow them to run all over us. As it stands if it's level after 70 mins it'll take some effort from us to win the game. 

Robbie has a huge dilemma on team selection does he wheel out the first team from KO and try to get a lead or does he look to hold then throw everything at them last 20 minutes if we're still in it?

All things considered it would be an utter embarrassment for them if Hibs lost this game.

loveofthegame
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Hardly an impartial selection of individuals, however I would think most punters would take Hibs to win, everything is heavily stacked in their favour. The bookies aren't taking any chances with their odds but I suspect Hibs will be favourites by kick off with most of them, as non Hearts punters will take the current price on Hibs. 

Discipline will be key to the game, if we go down to 10 men our lack of match fitness will allow them to run all over us. As it stands if it's level after 70 mins it'll take some effort from us to win the game. 

Robbie has a huge dilemma on team selection does he wheel out the first team from KO and try to get a lead or does he look to hold then throw everything at them last 20 minutes if we're still in it?

All things considered it would be an utter embarrassment for them if Hibs lost this game.

Agree with everything stated here, but really hope we go for the underlined approach . Remember the shambles of the Macphee semi final last season, where we went for the latter approach of leaving our main attacking threats on the bench and were then 2/3-0 down by the time any subs were actually made.

No point bringing Naismith, Haring and Ginnelly on after an hour if we're 2/3-0 down by then...

HillmanHearts

Most people outside Hearts are predicting a comfortable Hibs win.

Its easy to see why.

They have played 12 games in the Premiership we have had 2 games in the Championship.

Since they helped expel us they have spent money like a drunken sailor ( while making non playing staff redundant ).

We have reshaped the squad in line with our position and reduced budget, and have various key players injured or just not match fit.

We are up against It this time more than I can recall in any previous match against them.

However if Robbie can come up with a really smart game plan and if the players come out fighting then we have a decent chance.

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Agree with everything stated here, but really hope we go for the underlined approach . Remember the shambles of the Macphee semi final last season, where we went for the latter approach of leaving our main attacking threats on the bench and were then 2/3-0 down by the time any subs were actually made.

No point bringing Naismith, Haring and Ginnelly on after an hour if we're 2/3-0 down by then...

Agree.  McPhee thought he could play PC Football Manager with real human beings.

Good managers know how to measure the game/their squad against what they have at their disposal. I’m sure Robbie was well prepared a week ago. With all his experience of derbies and what players are available, he’d have probably had two teams in mind while waiting on the fitness calls on certain players. 

It’ll be geared towards winning and playing as many of our best players that fit into the way he wants to play. 

14 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

another hibees horror show for neilson

4-1 hibs

:(

**** off with that attitude. I’m 32 and Hibs have beaten us by 3 clear goals twice in my lifetime. TWICE!

Why any Jambo would come to that conclusion is beyond me.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

**** off with that attitude. I’m 32 and Hibs have beaten us by 3 clear goals twice in my lifetime. TWICE!

:clap:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
33 minutes ago, DS98 said:

that’s what I think the score will be - should I have put a score in that I don’t think it will be?

or are you not welcome to contribute if you think we’ll get beat?

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

that’s what I think the score will be - should I have put a score in that I don’t think it will be?

:surprised:

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

If you honestly, really deep down believe that, then you’ve not watched hearts much.

it’s not that you aren’t allowed to contribute if you think we’ll get beatAs others have posted, 1-0, 2-1 Hibs I’d appreciate...but get real. 

to come out and say Hibs will beat us 4-1 is just pathetic pant wetting

Edited by Absolute Scenes

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If you honestly, really deep down believe that, then you’ve not watched hearts much.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

it’s not that you aren’t allowed to contribute if you think we’ll get beatAs others have posted, 1-0, 2-1 Hibs I’d appreciate...but get real. 

to come out and say Hibs will beat us 4-1 is just pathetic pant wetting

quite the opposite actually - emotionless analysis

caveat : I might not be correct in actuality 

No longer active

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends nil-nil and we win on penalties .... The weather is going to be pelting rain and blowin' a hoolie !!

Not going to be a spectacle !

Edited by George Cowie

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

:lol:

quite the opposite actually - emotionless analysis

caveat : I might not be correct in actuality 

Fair enough 😂👍

i just find it strange when hearts fans predict outrageous scores of Hibs beating us when they haven’t beaten us by a significant score since I can remember. Think 2 goals is the biggest I can think of

edit: in recent years obviously!

Edited by Absolute Scenes

15 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends nil-nil and we win on penalties .... The weather is going to be pelting rain and blowin' a hoolie !!

Not going to be a spectacle !

Thats what I'm thinking and despite the pant wetting from the media over Hibs' abilities to scud us my feet are firmly on the ground.

However I sincerely hope Robbie, Gordon and Lee have plans up their sleeves to....

A, Snub out Boyle (deny Nisbet service)

B, Mentally torment Porteous* and 

C, Dominate the midfield

*Im hoping Naismith is the one for this,  Porteous will want to make a show for the cameras and his fans with his hard man image, there's ways and means of using this to our advantage.

NaturalOrder74

More a question of what margin we’ll win by than anything really, not as good a team as 2006 or 2012 so I’m gonna go with 3-0 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
39 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Fair enough 😂👍

i just find it strange when hearts fans predict outrageous scores of Hibs beating us when they haven’t beaten us by a significant score since I can remember. Think 2 goals is the biggest I can think of

i backed hearts correct score to win the Mercer derby 3-0 and picked-up a tidy sum for a relatively small stake 

in fact if stories are to be believed the Lothian police were complicit in my match fixing profits

so im not in the habit of predicting against hearts - unfortunately (not because I think hibs are great) I think this could be messy

lets hope I’m wrong (wouldn’t be a first)

loveofthegame
46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Fair enough 😂👍

As another poster has alluded to on the last page, in my 33 years of life (27ish attending games), as far as I can recall Hibs have only beaten us by a 3 goal margin TWICE. 6-2 at Easter Road and 3-0 at Tynie. The last time was now over 20 years ago.

Two 3 goal victories in almost 30 years (and possibly beyond that). NONE in the last 20 years.

We'll undoubtedly lose by that margin again at some point in the future, but I'm pretty sure that won't be on Saturday.

Absolute Scenes

SFA have confirmed there will be goal line technology used in our game.

should help if there are any scrappy over the line nonsense. That’s nice isn’t it