***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Sc semi final thread***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Too early.. It seems to being discussed, let's get the show on the road- offphisalliy!

I'm going 3-2 us. 

My only concern is the first 20 minutes or so, we have played 2 games in the lower league and a few lc games, they've played a full quarter and are used to the intensity, pace and fitness levels that brings. 

We could be a bit sluggish in comparison. However, most of the guys are experienced  and know what to expect, Robbie will also have us fit, so hopefully we aren't caught out. 

Barring that, us to take the lead, go 3-1 up and win 3-2.

Both teams I think will attack, both are strong out wide, Hibs have strikers on form but we have Boyce who is due a goal, not to mention the goal machine Wighton and Naismith. 

Boyce, Halkett and Lee to score. 

Either that or 6-3.

Hearts to be the final by 1900 Saturday. Either way!

:yas:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Greedy Jambo

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

Can’t call this one.

To many abnormal situations going on to give me confidence in making a prediction.

The reality is Hibs “should” win the game. 

However there is every chance they could cock it up.

Edited by Vlad Magic
Had a rethink

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hibs on penalties.

Sorry. Just my honest opinion.

A penalty shout out defeat. 

That would be haunting. 

Yet again I think it all comes down to injuries & fitness for us. We sign two wide men and they are both looking doubtful for what could be our biggest game of the season, add to that Haring & Halliday still seemingly getting up to speed with match fitness it doesn’t inspire confidence. I’d chance starting Haring and hopefully Naismith has a part to play, and if we nullify Boyle then Hibs chances drop dramatically. Fingers crossed for a win no matter how ugly it is . 

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hibs on penalties.

Sorry. Just my honest opinion.

A Hearts Hibs penalty shoot out will certainly test a few nerves. On and off the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

A penalty shout out defeat. 

That would be haunting. 

Nah, we are expected to lose this and hibs are strong favourites.

We have been crap for well over a year and are a division below them, they are 3rd (?) whilst we have played a handful of competitive games. The bare facts are that we are very much the underdogs here.

But we all know what happens when hibs are favourites to beat us...

Heart says Hearts - obvs ......

Head says Hibs. They are no world beaters but have a resilience this season to get results.

Since Ginelly got injured I cant see us troubling them in the wide areas. Especially if Roberts is also out 

Midfield is key, but worried we are too pedestrian in there.

Hopefully defensively sound and build from there.

I would go 3-4-3

Gordon

(back 3) - Smith , Halkett, Popescu

(wing backs) - Brandon, Kingsley

(central mid areas) - Haring, Irving or Halliday 

(attacking) - Walker, Wighton

(striker) Boyce

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nah, we are expected to lose this and hibs are strong favourites.

We have been crap for well over a year and are a division below them, they are 3rd (?) whilst we have played a handful of competitive games. The bare facts are that we are very much the underdogs here.

But we all know what happens when hibs are favourites to beat us...

I generally agree.

Player for player there's not much difference imo, the big difference is the match fitness and level they're at compared to us. 

Is it 5 subs or 3?

"haunting".... 🤔

Edited by Smith's right boot

I expect us to play well. As well as we can play. 

Any sort of below par performance or humbling by that shite will be deemed highly unacceptable. 

I think we are good enough to win and it should be a close game if we turn up. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Yet again I think it all comes down to injuries & fitness for us. We sign two wide men and they are both looking doubtful for what could be our biggest game of the season, add to that Haring & Halliday still seemingly getting up to speed with match fitness it doesn’t inspire confidence. I’d chance starting Haring and hopefully Naismith has a part to play, and if we nullify Boyle then Hibs chances drop dramatically. Fingers crossed for a win no matter how ugly it is . 

Yip, all a bit shit Tbh. 

If it's 5 subs I think it helps us a good bit giving what you just outlined. 

I still think White could cause them problems out left as well if he played. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Tosh starting a match thread is always bad news.

Anyway, I still think we should have pulled out of this farce. As it stands though, I think we will win 2-1 with Naismith scoring the winner.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Tosh starting a match thread is always bad news.

The lack of dig at a top tier scummy club in the thread title tells me everything about the one who wanted Hibs to end their 114 year jinx.

😀

2-1 Hearts 

Not confident, but I'm forever the optimist.

Been plenty of 2-1's over the years, so fingers crossed, we dump them out of this ####ing mess of a competition, that should've been scrapped when the league was. 

FTSFA 

FTSPFL 

FTH 

Doesn't matter what team we put out we are Hearts and they are well Hibs.

Get an early goal and we will see the usual indiscipline from the bunch of cloggers that will see us put them to the usual hampden humiliation.

4-1 Hearts because its Hampden and it's what we do.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I generally agree.

Player for player there's not much difference imo, the big difference is the match fitness and level they're at compared to us. 

Is it 5 subs or 3?

"haunting".... 🤔

Hmmm...I know you love your stats and there is no bigger stat than the league tables, and they tell us that there is a sizeable difference between the sets of players.

Not feeling overly confident. They should be sharper than us and have been playing tougher opposition. 

Also feel that no fans will play a big part. Might mean it doesn’t become a battle or hectic which would suit them more. 

As long as we give a good account of ourselves and don’t crumble if they take an early lead we could be in with a shout. We aren’t expected to win so anything is a bonus. 

I was speaking to a player yesterday and the game was obviously the topic of discussion. The team is confident of winning and there is definite weaknesses in the Hibs team to exploit. He admits though that the fact Hibs have been playing for 3 months could have a big impact. I disagreed, saying it’s a derby and as usual who wants it most will win. However he made a good point. If we started the same time as Hibs, not only would we be as match sharp as them but also Naismith, Haring, Halliday and potentially Souttar would be available to start. Haring would’ve had more than one full game under his belt. Naismith's fitness could’ve been managed better rather than training and similarly with Souttar, he only relapsed because of over training as a result of lack of games. Halliday would’ve also been brought in much sooner. 

As much as I’m looking forward to it, it’s an absolute travesty we’re being asked to play in what’s seen by some as our biggest game in years after only 2 league games.

Still think we will win the midfield and win by two clear goals. FTH 

18Jambo_dave74

What's the situation with subs/ bench?

Am I right in saying we are permitted to make 5 subs (plus another in extra time)? How many players can we have on the bench?

This could be a benefit for us as I think we'll need the fresh legs. There must be doubts on how long Halliday, Haring and Naismith could play for plus we don't know the situation with Roberts and Ginnelly. 

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hmmm...I know you love your stats and there is no bigger stat than the league tables, and they tell us that there is a sizeable difference between the sets of players.

We have a better goalkeeper, full backs and centre midfielders imo. Also wouldn’t swap Boyce for either of their strikers. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I was speaking to a player yesterday and the game was obviously the topic of discussion. The team is confident of winning and there is definite weaknesses in the Hibs team to exploit. He admits though that the fact Hibs have been playing for 3 months could have a big impact. I disagreed, saying it’s a derby and as usual who wants it most will win. However he made a good point. If we started the same time as Hibs, not only would we be as match sharp as them but also Naismith, Haring, Halliday and potentially Souttar would be available to start. Haring would’ve had more than one full game under his belt. Naismith's fitness could’ve been managed better rather than training and similarly with Souttar, he only relapsed because of over training as a result of lack of games. Halliday would’ve also been brought in much sooner. 

As much as I’m looking forward to it, it’s an absolute travesty we’re being asked to play in what’s seen by some as our biggest game in years after only 2 league games.

Still think we will win the midfield and win by two clear goals. FTH 

It's a disgrace that a club is playing a sf after only 2 league games. 

It's a farce that it is going ahead at all, but us having played only 2 league games borders on cheating imo, not to mention we had the start/ stop training issue as well. 

If it's 5 subs that helps us a lot as we can start with Haring, Naismith and Halliday if we wanted and be  safe in the knowledge we can replace them and still have options. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1-1, Hearts to win on penalties. I honestly can't see us openly beating them (as much as it pains me to say that) so I think our best bet is to try and nick a goal and then defend like our lives depend on it. It'll be ugly, but anything to get one over on them. 

We've got the better keeper, so going to penalties would probably suit us more than it would suit them. 

1-1, Hearts to win on penalties. I honestly can't see us openly beating them (as much as it pains me to say that) so I think our best bet is to try and nick a goal and then defend like our lives depend on it. It'll be ugly, but anything to get one over on them. 

We've got the better keeper, so going to penalties would probably suit us more than it would suit them. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We were a worse team last year no doubt, but we've cleared out our mgt team and a number of players. 

We have several players on par with them atm imo which is expected as the playing budgets despite the league difference will be similar. 

in general I still agree, they are 3rd in the top league as it stands, we're in the division below having played 2 games. 

For what it matters, I think our gk and full backs are better. 

We also imo have better strikers, at least on paper. 

Out wide and central defence hibs have it with Boyle being the difference there. 

In the middle unsure of them, but Haring and Halliday would  get in and about that Hibs team without a doubt, but are not 100 % fit. 

The biggest difference is that hibs have a settled side that have played far more games than us and at a higher intensity, pace and fitness. 

We are just getting out side balanced, match fit and Ofc seem to have lost 2 wide players to injuries. 

That makes them favourites, if they can't beat us now in an important game they never will. 

I still fancy us, as long as we start well and solid and are not caught out. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, RM2607 said:

I think the opposite. 

Get on the front foot as much as possible, we have good options up front and are threat from distance and we're looking much more livelier out wide with our new players. 

Our full backs are also good going forward. 

Hibs seem to be getting the rub of the green, a lot of their games have been 50/50 with them getting the break it seems, had a look over on party planners for the first time in about a year and many of their fans feel the same, they've been solid, getting the breaks and going from there. 

Nothing indicates they'll be all over us while we defend  for our lives. 

Our biggest issue is game time v them. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Too early.. It seems to being discussed, let's get the show on the road- offphisalliy!

I'm going 3-2 us. 

My only concern is the first 20 minutes or so, we have played 2 games in the lower league and a few lc games, they've played a full quarter and are used to the intensity, pace and fitness levels that brings. 

We could be a bit sluggish in comparison. However, most of the guys are experienced  and know what to expect, Robbie will also have us fit, so hopefully we aren't caught out. 

Barring that, us to take the lead, go 3-1 up and win 3-2.

Both teams I think will attack, both are strong out wide, Hibs have strikers on form but we have Boyce who is due a goal, not to mention the goal machine Wighton and Naismith. 

Boyce, Halkett and Lee to score. 

Either that or 6-3.

Hearts to be the final by 1900 Saturday. Either way!

:yas:

I don’t think we are strong out wide at all tbh. Gino is out injured, Roberts is still to show he’s a good wide man and Frear has done nothing yet. Other options are White and Moore.....so we may be strong in numbers but low on quality tbh. 

I think we’ll pack the midfield, not allow Mallan and Newell to get time on the ball and we’ll look to squeeze the space for Boyle to run into to.

This is going to be tight and scrappy. 

Gimme an H...
11 minutes ago, RM2607 said:

There's now way we should be relying on our CH's to defend our lead. Jury is still out on Popescu and I'm not convinced CH is Halkett's strongest position...

We're missing Souttar and Berra big time.

Gordon Ramsay

I don't doubt we can beat them but I worry about our ability to defend. If we can get to half time without them scoring they might start to panic a bit and hopefully the Hibsing will start. 

I'll go 1-0 us. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I don’t think we are strong out wide at all tbh. Gino is out injured, Roberts is still to show he’s a good wide man and Frear has done nothing yet. Other options are White and Moore.....so we may be strong in numbers but low on quality tbh. 

I think we’ll pack the midfield, not allow Mallan and Newell to get time on the ball and we’ll look to squeeze the space for Boyle to run into to.

This is going to be tight and scrappy. 

Depends on injuries, but with white if ginos out and Kingsley on the left I think we'll cause problems, we are better than last year out wide. 

Even v Arbroath we had lots of crosses. 

It could be tight and scrappy, but with no fans a lot of games have just felt more open and I think hibs will attack us, possibly even 2 up front so that will help create a more open game. 

Either way, any win will do! 

Pasquale for King

We will need to nullify Boyle and Nesbits pace, they are the two danger men and if we can do that and pressurise their awful defence we can win. 
Its 3 subs from 7 players with a

4th sub allowed in extra time. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

There's now way we should be relying on our CH's to defend our lead. Jury is still out on Popescu and I'm not convinced CH is Halkett's strongest position...

I'm OK with us defending a lead Tbh.

4-1 with 5 to play.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We will need to nullify Boyle and Nesbits pace, they are the two danger men and if we can do that and pressurise their awful defence we can win. 
Its 3 subs from 7 players with a

4th sub allowed in extra time. 

Ty for clarification, bit shit then for us. 

Can only see one from Naismith, Haring and Halliday starting. 

Probably won't risk gino if not fully fit either. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Neilson might play Smith in between them to help them out, match Hibs formation as with Stevenson out they usually play a back three with Doig at LWB. 

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a disgrace that a club is playing a sf after only 2 league games. 

It's a farce that it is going ahead at all, but us having played only 2 league games borders on cheating imo, not to mention we had the start/ stop training issue as well. 

If it's 5 subs that helps us a lot as we can start with Haring, Naismith and Halliday if we wanted and be  safe in the knowledge we can replace them and still have options. 

Ideally going into a derby those 3 players you mention plus CG would be the first names on the team sheet. Experience, composure, grit.  Unfortunately all 3 of them just can’t seem to get fit. My guess is that only 1 of those 3 will start. 

Always feel confident about a derby but not as much this time. The lack of competitive games for us so far this season will show i think. 2-0 Hibs. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Ty for clarification, bit shit then for us. 

Can only see one from Naismith, Haring and Halliday starting. 

Probably won't risk gino if not fully fit either. 

Yeah it doesn’t help us with a few not up to full fitness yet.

Nervous but was nervous for ER. Remember feeling sick when saw that line up walking to game. Against midfield of Boyle, Allan, Docherty, Omeonga!! Look what happened - most comfortable win in a long time

We have the better manager, goalie, full backs, midfield and strikers. Their wingers are better simply because Gino is out. Not a good CB on the pitch if i’m honest 

I’m worried about Gino/Roberts being out but the rest of team is strong

Worry of losing is there but if we play to our best we win. 

Edited by R1874

Hibs favourites to win and oh so supremely confident they’ll wipe the floor with us

We’ve all been round the block enough times to know how that story ends. Every. Single. Time!

FTH

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

BBC 1700 sat. 

Cheers. Abroad at the moment so wasn't sure if i could get it.