Pundits........

Section Q

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Within the BBC there are more Hearts related pundits or presenters than Celtic, and there’s certainly no agenda against the club. 

Correct . Background staff , producers etc , too

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JoeHarper

• jambonian

• JDK2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember many years ago, Alan Weeks, a great commentator on many sports including ice hockey, doing a Hearts European match for some reason, and he said "that's a great save by the goalminder....."

He did the highlights of Hearts 5 Leipzig 1.  Was weird listening to him as he had only recently done the commentary on David Wilkie winning 200m breaststroke Gold in 76 Olympics

8 hours ago, Coco said:

Worst pundit by far is Davie Provan.  Despite the Great Awokening this muppet is still commenting on Scotland games.

Can't stand Provan, another arrogant know it all.   Having said that I do have to acknowledge he was in our corner in the spring.  

3 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Correct . Background staff , producers etc , too

👍

Provan is the most miserable co’ commentator ever.

I quite liked Burley before he moved abroad. 

Edited by Last Laff

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Within the BBC there are more Hearts related pundits or presenters than Celtic, and there’s certainly no agenda against the club. 

OK, I'll take your word on it on the BBC (on the assumption you have inside info)  although I never actually  said the BBC had an anti Hearts agenda. 

But Scotland wide there is no way Hearts have more ex players in the media than celtc.

26 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

OK, I'll take your word on it on the BBC (on the assumption you have inside info)  although I never actually  said the BBC had an anti Hearts agenda. 

But Scotland wide there is no way Hearts have more ex players in the media than celtc.

Perhaps not Scotland wide but regarding the BBC then there’s more Hearts related players or managers than any other club by a good extent. 

On 26/10/2020 at 21:36, Section Q said:

Who really needs them.......?

No one, except the squanderers of our licence money.

On 27/10/2020 at 20:23, SectionDJambo said:

Was it David Francey on the radio for the BBC? Always only the second half though. Some kind of rule from Willie Allan at the SFA, to prevent us all staying at home and listening to a match on the radio instead of going. For younger listeners, I’m not joking there.

I remember listening to English midweek  games on the radio back in the early 70s. The commentators, the names of whom I can’t recall, gave such a vivid description of the scene, within the grounds, that you could almost imagine being there. Brilliant stuff.

In my opinion, in recent years, rather than just tell us what is actually happening, it’s become a contest of who can be the biggest smarty pants or the most controversial. Thereby the standards have plummeted.

It was the same with the cricket.  Listening to Test Matches on the Radio was a joy.  The patter was brilliant.

I must admit I have always hated listening to Hearts on audio only, even more so now with the poor commentary.  Even TV, like Friday night, while I have every sympathy with the death of Ove Skovdahl (spelling) they went on and on about it while the game was going on, reminiscing about Aberdeen.  Not surprising when you consider the Aberdeen infection of the Beeb.