Annual Accounts reporting season

Footballfirst

Hagar the Horrible

When tou use use the word "Bullish" then there is trouble ahead.

"Financially, these positives were somewhat tempered by a reduction in prize money due to a compensation agreement between the SPFL and certain broadcasters in respect of cancelled matches and no income from play-off matches," United stated.

Ok so things where I just cannot get my head around, the reason for cancelled games was Doncaster and celtic forced the other clubs to curtail the season so Celtic can get their 10IAR, And the reason was that if they DID NOT then they would have to pay back TV money.........You were lied to big time!!!

"Plans for life back in the Premiership were severely disrupted in the summer of 2020 by the legal challenge against the SPFL resolution that was both costly and absorbed a lot of valuable time of our executive team in defending the club's right to promotion as league champions."   You could have voted FOR reconstruction and as such went up and had the OF and Herarts fans, but naw you were cohersed by Celtic and Doncaster, and only won because it was done behing closed doors by a corrupt system.  You would have lost in court.

Lets see how many fans waive any credits due to them, when there is still encertainty. Still fans can walk to raise the cost of a PEH

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Bazzas right boot

• graygo

• JamboAl

Footballfirst

Hibs has reported a £1.2m loss for the year to 30 June 2020.

Turnover down 17% from £10.2m to £8.9m

Wages up from £6.3m to £6.7m

Wage /turnover ratio up from 59% to 74%

They also took up a Scottish Government loan of £1.8m after the year end.

It can only get worse for Hibs and all other SPFL teams once the figures for the year to June 2021 start coming in during the autumn.

Edited by Footballfirst

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It can only get worse for Hibs and all other SPFL teams once the figures for the year to June 2021 start coming in during the autumn.

have we posted our own? May have missed that

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

have we posted our own? May have missed that

Yes. Last year.

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They also took up a Scottish Government loan of £1.8m after the year end.

Can I be first to say..

CHEEEETURZZZ.

and

TAINTED TROPHY (assuming their gift of a season continues 😣)

• 9 months later...
21 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Massaged! They made a loss. 1.5 million insurance payment made in September 2021 included in accounts to June 2021. 

Did hearts have similar insurance? That looks a good policy now

26 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Did hearts have similar insurance? That looks a good policy now

I do not know. Do the premiums go up on a policy like that when you claim for a couple of million pounds?

5 hours ago, db211833 said:

Massaged! They made a loss. 1.5 million insurance payment made in September 2021 included in accounts to June 2021. 

Did the Government loan get included in the turnover figure for the year as likely boosted the cash at the bank figure? 

8 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Did the Government loan get included in the turnover figure for the year as likely boosted the cash at the bank figure? 

Yes. It says that they included it in the photograph of the accounts summary that was tweeted. I wonder if they will include it in the next set of accounts as well. 

Have they paid the players yet? Are they now going to re-employ all those staff they shamefully dismissed. They’ve got a brass neck slagging us.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yes. It says that they included it in the photograph of the accounts summary that was tweeted. I wonder if they will include it in the next set of accounts as well. 

So on that basis if I found someone stupid enough to lend me a million pounds then I could call myself a millionaire if I just left it in the bank 🤔

15 hours ago, db211833 said:

Why would they want to massage the figures to show a bigger profit. I think that would mean having to pay corporation tax on the profit made. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why would they want to massage the figures to show a bigger profit. I think that would mean having to pay corporation tax on the profit made. 

You offset that against previous losses.

Football clubs don't pay corporation tax basically. 

15 hours ago, db211833 said:

Not necessarily. Even if they got all the cash in September, if a portion of it applied to the previous year then that's where it should be.

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That’d make sense 👍

bringonthesevco
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or in Rangers Case Any Tax ...

19 hours ago, db211833 said:

To be fair, we do a fair bit of that in our accounts, i.e. benefactors etc.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, ericb said:

To be fair, we do a fair bit of that in our accounts, i.e. benefactors etc.

FoH is guaranteed (thankfully) annual funding though.  They will have to cut their cloth big time to make up the money they won't be getting in loans next year.  Saying that they did sell Boyle to the Saudis and have 5% on any fee Villa sell McGinn for. 

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

FoH is guaranteed (thankfully) annual funding though.  They will have to cut their cloth big time to make up the money they won't be getting in loans next year.  Saying that they did sell Boyle to the Saudis and have 5% on any fee Villa sell McGinn for. 

I agree FoH is guranteed funding, but our accounts also show donations from benefactors (J Anderson), without these they would not look as rosy.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, ericb said:

I agree FoH is guranteed funding, but our accounts also show donations from benefactors (J Anderson), without these they would not look as rosy.

That funding is in place in accordance to our budget though.  if JA wasn't shouting the cash then it wouldn't be spent. 

18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That funding is in place in accordance to our budget though.  if JA wasn't shouting the cash then it wouldn't be spent. 

Exactly - some not getting this.  If someone gave me £1m, I’d spend it! 

17 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Exactly - some not getting this.  If someone gave me £1m, I’d spend it! 

Especially as JA is giving us the money on the basis that it will be put to good use by the club. If it was just going to sit doing nothing he wouldn't donate it.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

@KieranMaguire aka "Price Of Football" has done a thread on Hibs accounts.

My browser always blocks stuff off twitter.  You got  link please?

14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

@KieranMaguire aka "Price Of Football" has done a thread on Hibs accounts.

I've not read the notes on accounts but interested to know why in Scottish football anyone would sit on nearly 7m in the bank yet find themselves borrowing money. Just seems like a lot for SPFL teams outwith the OF

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, ericb said:

We got demoted and were in the championship with no crowds and a reduced fixture list. 

It was a one off. 

Every club had issues last season. 

This years account will be a better gauge for where clubs are at. 

17 hours ago, ericb said:

We reflect the donations in the financial year they happen. They are real so why would we not account them? The point I made was a payment made in September being included in the accounts for the previous financial year.

46 minutes ago, db211833 said:

We reflect the donations in the financial year they happen. They are real so why would we not account them? The point I made was a payment made in September being included in the accounts for the previous financial year.

The fact that the money was received in September is irrelevant. As far as the accounts go the payment would have been split between the periods that it covered. i.e. if part of the payment was for the previous financial year that's where it would be recorded with the rest in the current financial year.

2 hours ago, db211833 said:

There's nothing wrong with doing that.  If a legal commitment was made prior to the accounts year end to pay the club money then that is the effective date for accounting purposes.  A quantified insurance sum is a pretty concrete/legal agreement.