Harry Potter Mafia

Shapes

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Well played @Simo 

Why didn’t you kill Milky last night though? You knew he was a mason. I think you would’ve won if you had killed him.

4 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Yep, we said the same on the goon thread. Couldn’t believe the assassin didn’t kill Milky last night 

Yeah in hindsight I made a total arse of that. 

My logic was that I thought the goons would take out Milky but I kinda forgot they should be hunting the turncoat... I thought Dunks was the final Mason though which is why I went for him 

I'm not sure there's any way I could have really won after that as the goons wouldn't take out milky since then if the last one got lynched I'd win. First time as the assassin but it's bloody hard! (Enjoyed it though!) 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Morgaro Gomis

• Dawnrazor

• Smack

Morgaro Gomis

Our goon kill on @yvonnejambo was so lucky. We did not have her pegged as a Mason at all, we were picking a random townie to try and get TC (not knowing the TC had been lynched that night) and chose Yvonne as pure revenge for her naming so many Goons on her damned lists :lol:

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’d say I’m getting good at this goon lark but I’ve lost both times so probably not 😂

Yeah you are pretty decent tbh altho I got blinded by smack going on about the assassin 

Morgaro Gomis

Yeah, I wasn’t gonna defend myself at all as I had no defence then Smack targeted you as assassin and that gave me something to latch onto 

Challenge was good - it was likely to swing it for whichever side won it. Although, it could easily have been an investigation on a townie, so a bit of good fortune too.

I might not have revealed the turncoat was dead, thought that changed focus for the goons. Any comment goons?

1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Yeah, I wasn’t gonna defend myself at all as I had no defence then Smack targeted you as assassin and that gave me something to latch onto 

I had you as a stick on goon. The night everyone went batshit for Bunny, I had you sussed. Voted for you, then went off to do something - came back to carnage :rofl:

Thanks Shapes for the game and I don’t know why the goons were moaning as Riddley would have got lynched next anyway as was on everyone’s radar. I’m chuffed I got 2 right on day 1 list and the other 2 by day 2, my downfall was not voting the first two. I also tried to stay under the radar as mason as we didn’t get any info from cop before he got killed that was of any use and the best outcome for me was if the goons killed me in the hope they got the turn coat if they thought I was a townie. 
cheers Ian and milky my team mates 

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Challenge was good - it was likely to swing it for whichever side won it. Although, it could easily have been an investigation on a townie, so a bit of good fortune too.

I might not have revealed the turncoat was dead, thought that changed focus for the goons. Any comment goons?

Didnt really change much for us to be honest. We chose Yvonne before we knew the TC was dead and we stuck with her after we found out - purely out of spite 

1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Yeah, I did blunder quite badly with the Dandyman thing. That's why I had to regroup and redouble my attacks on you!

Thanks for the game Shapes.

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Dunks said:

I had you as a stick on goon. The night everyone went batshit for Bunny, I had you sussed. Voted for you, then went off to do something - came back to carnage :rofl:

Really?! Why is that if you don’t mind me asking?

Went for Stuart with my first bullet on night 2 but that was silly too. I thought he'd protect himself first night but even if he hadn't then he was outed and the goons would have seen to him next night so could/should have saved my bullet there.

Also gutted cause the night after Bunny got lynched (I think it was anyway) I had only skimmed the thread as I was out but had literally typed to kill Morgaro since I was getting goon vibes but then deleted it since I hadnt paid full attention 🤦‍♂️

Was pleased I got the cop though so not a total failure at least! 😂

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Smack said:

Yeah, I did blunder quite badly with the Dandyman thing. That's why I had to regroup and redouble my attacks on you!

Thanks for the game Shapes.

Aye I said in the goon chat that my defence was pitiful and it was game over after your mega-quote post. 

We were going for Yvonne. Her initial goon lists put us in a precarious position from the start and we decided to go for her what ever happened anyways. Revenge lol

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Really?! Why is that if you don’t mind me asking?

I'd need to go back and check - was something you said. Someone else picked up on it too, but then Bunnygeddon happened :rofl:

Hard for.me.to say as a basically neutral observer but I do think Riddley was getting lynched next anyway so the challenge wouldn't have changed a whole lot. 

Big thanks to Shapes for the game :)

23 hours ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Will stop spamming Harry Potter spells then 

This made me laugh a lot more than it probably should have 😂 Bet you never thought you'd say those words! 

Tenaciousdandy
10 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

:seething: lost us the game

Jokes aside, thanks for the game Shapes was really good. Despite our goonly moaning.

Yeah seen shapes post and thought the goons aren't happy 🤣

8 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Our goon kill on @yvonnejambo was so lucky. We did not have her pegged as a Mason at all, we were picking a random townie to try and get TC (not knowing the TC had been lynched that night) and chose Yvonne as pure revenge for her naming so many Goons on her damned lists :lol:

We kept Yvonne under the radar as we wanted to reduce your chances of hitting the TC. 

Oh also Dunks and his bloody Hermionie gifs :lol: 

I kinda suspected he was a mason anyway just laying low and popping up late to lynch gopns but a small part of the reason I went for him was that the masons were Harry, Ron and Hermionie. Harry was already dead so I thought it might be a subtle hint he was the Hermionie mason :rofl:🤦‍♂️

Last two games have been brilliant - well played folks and good job @Shapes and @Boof :thumbsup:

Agree. Think having Dandyman and Morgaro back, with the addition of Riddley has spiced things up a bit in the chat stakes.

Morgaro Gomis
5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I'd need to go back and check - was something you said. Someone else picked up on it too, but then Bunnygeddon happened :rofl:

Fair enough! I can’t recall what it would be but I couldn’t believe what happened with Bunny :rofl:

Then I posted a sheepish “I think it’s the wrong call to kill Bunny” :rofl:

Morgaro Gomis

I enjoy being a goon but ideally next game I’ll be something slightly less stressful where I don’t have to lie continually and make up stuff about other folk.

Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

I enjoy being a goon but ideally next game I’ll be something slightly less stressful where I don’t have to lie continually and make up stuff about other folk.

I love being a goon as well. I really enjoyed being a mason in this game though. I had a great team to work with.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
50 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

TBF that is because the cop was taken out early and was shocking at selecting who to investigate

:muggy:

Morgaro Gomis

I’m surprised the goons got so close to winning after the town nailed two goons on the bounce at the very start.

4 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’m surprised the goons got so close to winning after the town nailed two goons on the bounce at the very start.

Yeah, it was a lot closer than we expected it to be. Simo certainly stuck a few sticks in the spokes. We were almost convinced that Dawn was the final goon. Today was tense but we always knew it was either yourself or Smack.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah, it was a lot closer than we expected it to be. Simo certainly stuck a few sticks in the spokes. We were almost convinced that Dawn was the final goon. Today was tense but we always knew it was either yourself or Smack.

You were convinced, that's why I got the dunt😫😫😫😫

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah, I didn’t think I stood a chance today. I expected it to be a quick fire lynch on me straight after the night stuff. Couldn’t believe I managed to string it out till deadline.

It's tough for the cop early doors. I was pretty sure Boof was rolled, but wasn't sure if good or bad. He posted something after Alim was lynched and I just knew at that point he was a wrong 'un.

For the cop though, early doors both masons and goons are trying to blend in, so it's tough tp know what to do. Toughest role I've had in the game.

Just now, Dunks said:

It's tough for the cop early doors. I was pretty sure Boof was rolled, but wasn't sure if good or bad. He posted something after Alim was lynched and I just knew at that point he was a wrong 'un.

For the cop though, early doors both masons and goons are trying to blend in, so it's tough tp know what to do. Toughest role I've had in the game.

I’ve only been cop once and it was a lot harder than I expected. 
Despite playing the game for year, I’ve never been assassin or doc.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Well...aye. Sorry aboot that 😂

It's realy funny, and frustrating as I've said before, when you're dead and still watching what's going on!!!

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You were convinced, that's why I got the dunt😫😫😫😫

For what it's worth I genuinely didn't think it was you at any point... But I had to keep the goon alive yo have a chance so sorry 🤣

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

It's realy funny, and frustrating as I've said before, when you're dead and still watching what's going on!!!

So many times I was like FFS town, get a grip - it is so f'n obvious :D

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Good thing about being in a team is that you can still have an influence on the game, even if you’re dead. It’s really shite being a dead townie though.

1 minute ago, Simo said:

For what it's worth I genuinely didn't think it was you at any point... But I had to keep the goon alive yo have a chance so sorry 🤣

Don't worry Simo............but I'll not forget!!

43 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yvonne I.e and her mystic Meg initial goon lists :rofl:

More Hermione 😆

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
22 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We could’ve cried when you investigated Milky 😂

The Boof killing just totally messed with my head and forced me to go down a different path. There had been zero suspicion on Milky so it would've been difficult had he been a goon. I wasn't even sure he was but after reading back through his voting pattern caught my attention so I ran with it.

Shapes was surprised when I picked him but it seems I wasnt the only one drawn to his voting pattern.

Tenaciousdandy
41 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We kept Yvonne under the radar as we wanted to reduce your chances of hitting the TC. 

You did that I was convinced she was the assassin lol

On 28/10/2020 at 20:39, Bunny Munro said:

I'm not sure why I'm in the lead.

I am 100% town.

I think we have a good chance of losing a good roled player this night.

Let's not do anything daft.

On 28/10/2020 at 20:56, Bunny Munro said:

I'm assuming the assassin went for the doc last night, he protected himself, and alerted the goons to that fact.

I think the goons will successfully take out the doc.

On 28/10/2020 at 20:58, Dunks said:

How would the goons know who the assassin went for?

On 28/10/2020 at 21:00, Bunny Munro said:

Just a hunch. Same as I have.

Could be horseshit.

On 28/10/2020 at 21:47, Shapes said:

Night came and Madame Pommfrey had just finished her shift in the hospital wing of the castle and was making her way back to her chamber when she heard a noise. Like she was being followed. She reached into her pocket to drink her special potion which made her invincible from danger. But unfortunately she forgot she had used it the night before and had given it to someone else this evening. 

The two remaining goons took advantage of this and they dragged her all the way to the dungeon and called for nagini to see to her. The snake ate her alive.

Stuart Mcneil - Madame Pommfrey -  NURSE is dead.

Snape didn't use a bullet.

It is now day.

Deadline 9pm tomorrow. Rudi can't vote.

Now the town has won I'm going to have a little gloat about this.

:pleasing:

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Now the town has won I'm going to have a little gloat about this.

:pleasing:

I haven't gone back and looked and openly admit I'm relatively new/shite at this but I still genuinely have no idea why you were branded a goon and lynched :lol:

And yeah you were spot on with me going for the doc on night 2!