Harry Potter Mafia

Shapes

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I would agree with that. I don’t think Marvin is the goon and can understand why he is trusted by the masses more than myself if I’m being honest. 

Some of the others though, I just don’t see what they’ve done to warrant being trusted. 

For me the only ones I can confidently say are non-goons are you and Milky. Marvin being in the “unlikely” category.

I personally haven't has any of the others in my trust list outwith milky and Marvin (only due to his voting pattern)  so of the other players i may have thought they were more likely townies than others but definitely not trusting them 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Morgaro Gomis

• Dawnrazor

• Smack

Jesus... I thought Yvonne was most likely asassin as well tbh. Thought Dandyman was the last mason.

My trust list is literally just Milky and myself.

I do think Dandyman is highly likely to be good though based on him presumably taking info to know Riddley was a goon - Surely if he was a goon he'd kill somebody he knew to be good? Or investigate them looking for turncoat/mason/assassin?

Edit: Dandyman could be the assassin actually. Getting rid of a goon would still be a result for him then but don't think he's "goon bad"

Edited by Simo

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, Smack said:

I think the very fact you mention Vlad makes it clear you are muddying the waters. He's done enough for me to 99% trust him.

I mentioned everyone, to be fair. I’m not saying he’s guilty or not, simply asking what they’ve been done to warrant being trusted. 

3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Yeah we definitely need to get the goon today but I don't think we should rush into it as milky will be taken out tonight and then then it will be a goon or assassin win, so don't you agree we should be cautious and wait for milky to add his bit before making a decision 

Well it looks to me like an unholy alliance has been formed between you and Morgaro. Who do you think is the goon, like if you were really pushed for an answer?

We need to be careful as if we dont hit the goon or assassin today and th goons kill me during the night then the assassin becomes favourite

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

We need to be careful as if we dont hit the goon or assassin today and th goons kill me during the night then the assassin becomes favourite

I'm assuming the players investigated are either dead or you?

If not will be good to share the info

Morgaro Gomis
4 minutes ago, Simo said:

Jesus... I thought Yvonne was most likely asassin as well tbh. Thought Dandyman was the last mason.

My trust list is literally just Milky and myself.

I do think Dandyman is highly likely to be good though based on him presumably taking info to know Riddley was a goon - Surely if he was a goon he'd kill somebody he knew to be good? Or investigate them looking for turncoat/mason/assassin?

Edit: Dandyman could be the assassin actually. Getting rid of a goon would still be a result for him then but don't think he's "goon bad"

I think Smack is the assassin. He has thrown about accusations left and right about Yvonne being it and now Dandy. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just trying to shift it. 

39 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Player list

3. Milky

5. Simo - helped highlight Stuart's post indicating he was doc, don't think is the goon could be the assassin

6. Vlad Magic - still have suspicions potential goon

8. Dandyman - been very active, I think unlikely to be the goon again could be the assassin

14. Rudi - no commet

15. Marv. - was part of lynching two (maybe three) goons unlikely to be the goon

17. Morgaro - same as vlad potential goon

20. Smack - same as vlad potential goon

8 remain. 5 for a lynch.

My views but do not have anything else to go on

From what I have indicated I think the remaining goon is one of

Vlad

Morgaro

Smack

Due to having more trust in others not to be goons

5 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I'm assuming the players investigated are either dead or you?

If not will be good to share the info

Yes all investigated players apart from me are dead

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

My views but do not have anything else to go on

From what I have indicated I think the remaining goon is one of

Vlad

Morgaro

Smack

Due to having more trust in others not to be goons

From this I am leaning towards morgaro and smack over vlad

Tenaciousdandy
10 minutes ago, Smack said:

Well it looks to me like an unholy alliance has been formed between you and Morgaro. Who do you think is the goon, like if you were really pushed for an answer?

Hahaha why because I replied to him, cluching at straws there smacks.

I'm thinking you are definitely up to no good, desperate to pin the assassin role on someone, 

In regards to the final goon I'm not 100% sure but possibly morgaro or rudi on there voting pattern but not while to commit to a vote atm as rushing into bunny and dawnrazor has got us into this mess

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I think Smack is the assassin. He has thrown about accusations left and right about Yvonne being it and now Dandy. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s just trying to shift it. 

Why don't you think it's Dandy?

It's an interesting dilemma. If you kill Milky tonight the assassin will cast you aside and likely win.

So you've pretty much got to kill the assassin at night, because I can't see you getting him through the day.

That would leave you with a few mostly trusted townies to work your magic on.

12 minutes ago, Simo said:

Why is Vlad so trusted Smack?

(Genuine question, I don't have him as looking especially goonly but I wouldn't say he's in the clear either)

A late goon killing vote switch.

Morgaro Gomis
4 minutes ago, Smack said:

It's an interesting dilemma. If you kill Milky tonight the assassin will cast you aside and likely win.

So you've pretty much got to kill the assassin at night, because I can't see you getting him through the day.

I’ve said it’s possible that it’s him. I just don’t think he is the goon. I think it’s more likely to be you given how much you’ve thrown “you’re the assassin” around the last few days, to be honest. 

All I know for sure is that I am a townie and Milky is a mason. @Simo will be able to testify to how I play the game if I were a goon - I’m relentless. I am not this time though.

I won’t be back on until 6pm-ish due to work, so won’t be able to fight my corner any more until then. All I’ll say is that it’s a mistake to kill me.

Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’ve said it’s possible that it’s him. I just don’t think he is the goon. I think it’s more likely to be you given how much you’ve thrown “you’re the assassin” around the last few days, to be honest. 

All I know for sure is that I am a townie and Milky is a mason. @Simo will be able to testify to how I play the game if I were a goon - I’m relentless. I am not this time though.

I won’t be back on until 6pm-ish due to work, so won’t be able to fight my corner any more until then. All I’ll say is that it’s a mistake to kill me.

I'm saying Dandy is assassin not goon. You are the goon. Just clearing those waters you've muddied a bit.

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, Smack said:

More to the point what makes you certain its me? As I said your clutching at straws smacks 

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, Smack said:

I'm saying Dandy is assassin not goon. You are the goon. Just clearing those waters you've muddied a bit.

I think you’re deliberately twisting what I’ve said. My post was perfectly clear.

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

More to the point what makes you certain its me? As I said your clutching at straws smacks 

Your 'best guess' seems to be that it's me. So by a process of elimination it's you.

You think the last goon is Morgaro or Rudi, Rudi who won't be appearing to defend himself.

The assassin needs the goon alive. You haven't voted despite usually leading the charge. That is a change in behaviour or tactics. You mentioned that both Boof and Riddley changed tactics making them stick out. That's what I see here.

Why do you think it might be me?

10 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Haha that's definitely true! 

That said if you were a goon in back to back games you probably wouldn't want to "mix up your style" to keep people guessing. Plus I think you already mentioned you're busier at work so have less time for this game than last time. 

Just playing devils advocate and I'm not convinced you are a goon. Just don't think it's impossible or can be ruled out purely on this. 

6 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I think you’re deliberately twisting what I’ve said. My post was perfectly clear.

Well let's say you get me lynched. Everyone will see that I'm on the side of good. You will HAVE to kill the assassin to keep the game alive but you'll have made it obvious that you're the goon since you've been so vocal against me. You're in a bit of a pickle regardless but I suppose surviving this day is the priority.

I'm becoming increasingly aware I'll look like a total fud if I'm wrong 😁 

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Smack said:

So is Dandyman the assassin then?

It was you that came out the traps with the accusations of the assassin not me so get your facts right, I suggested that you may be looking to pin the role on someone to suit yourself

And in regards to rudi you may be right but he may also be hiding it out, 

I've also answered your question about holding fire as it didn't work out well when we went gun ho on bunny and Dawn

So is there anything these you would like to know?

4 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

It was you that came out the traps with the accusations of the assassin not me so get your facts right, I suggested that you may be looking to pin the role on someone to suit yourself

And in regards to rudi you may be right but he may also be hiding it out, 

I've also answered your question about holding fire as it didn't work out well when we went gun ho on bunny and Dawn

So is there anything these you would like to know?

Indeed there is more I'd like to know. But first let me address a few things. You'll notice the post you quoted is a question, not an accusation. The accusation came later and is down to the fact I think you are the assassin.

Who do you think the assassin is?

Edited by Smack

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, Smack said:

Indeed there is more I'd like to know. But first let me address a few things. You'll notice the post you quoted is a question, not an accusation. The accusation came later and is down to the fact I think you are the assassin.

Why do you think I'm the assassin?

If you don't, who do you think it is?

We'll go by your logic that I'm the assassin because it was in best interest to lynch riddley which is pretty poor tbh as I expected to be the goons target last night due to the fact I've played a big part in lynching a few of them 

So in fact any of the remaining players cous be the assassin except milky who we know is the last mason 

I only think your the assassin due to you pushing it so hard trying to convince everyone someone else is 

So for me going onnwhat i just said possible assassin is 

Vlad 

Smacks

Simo

Morgaro 

Rudi hasn't lynched a goon so we won't include him in the list 

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

We'll go by your logic that I'm the assassin because it was in best interest to lynch riddley which is pretty poor tbh as I expected to be the goons target last night due to the fact I've played a big part in lynching a few of them 

So in fact any of the remaining players cous be the assassin except milky who we know is the last mason 

I only think your the assassin due to you pushing it so hard trying to convince everyone someone else is 

So for me going onnwhat i just said possible assassin is 

Vlad 

Smacks

Simo

Morgaro 

Rudi hasn't lynched a goon so we won't include him in the list 

Well regardless, I think Morgaro now thinks you are assassin and tried to bond with you over casting aspersions on me. That's goonly.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Smack said:

Well regardless, I think Morgaro now thinks you are assassin and tried to bond with you over casting aspersions on me. That's goonly.

You could be right, you could also be the last goon and this has been discussed on the goon chat 

Here's a thought... 

What about Rudi for assassin? I'll be honest I'd kinda forgotten he was still in but I was working on the basis that he can't be a goon or he'd have been modkilled when he revealed his role. 

Would explain why he was fighting his case so hard on day 1 since we know he can't be good roled and I still don't think he's a goon 🤷‍♂️ I guess I'd have expected him to take Dawn out but then maybe that would be too obvious? 

I'll be honest I'm clueless again so I'll be back after work and try to have a proper catch up cause think I missed a lot last night 

5 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

You could be right, you could also be the last goon and this has been discussed on the goon chat 

Last goon 😂 Well I'm pretty certain now that you're the assassin. Depends who people believe.

The assassin NEEDS the last goon alive. Even though they'll just kill him in the night.

Tenaciousdandy
12 minutes ago, Smack said:

Last goon 😂 Well I'm pretty certain now that you're the assassin. Depends who people believe.

The assassin NEEDS the last goon alive. Even though they'll just kill him in the night.

I feel like your trying to hard, I get that the assassin need the last goon alive what I wint do is rush into a vote frenzy again, we have until 9pm to figure out who the last goon an assassin is

Tenaciousdandy
18 minutes ago, Simo said:

Here's a thought... 

What about Rudi for assassin? I'll be honest I'd kinda forgotten he was still in but I was working on the basis that he can't be a goon or he'd have been modkilled when he revealed his role. 

Would explain why he was fighting his case so hard on day 1 since we know he can't be good roled and I still don't think he's a goon 🤷‍♂️ I guess I'd have expected him to take Dawn out but then maybe that would be too obvious? 

I'll be honest I'm clueless again so I'll be back after work and try to have a proper catch up cause think I missed a lot last night 

Could be a possibility he certainly throw the toys out the pram on day 1 and as you say wasn't modkilled who saying he a goon, only to pretty much disappear from the game after protesting so much only showing up to vote and argue with dawn, someone did point out that they were worried there was things going outwith th game tho so many that is the reason 

8 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Could be a possibility he certainly throw the toys out the pram on day 1 and as you say wasn't modkilled who saying he a goon, only to pretty much disappear from the game after protesting so much only showing up to vote and argue with dawn, someone did point out that they were worried there was things going outwith th game tho so many that is the reason 

Ah fair enough. I missed that post but did see he'd said he was working back to back the last couple of days so maybe just that. Hope all is okay in real life anyway 

4 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

I feel like your trying to hard, I get that the assassin need the last goon alive what I wint do is rush into a vote frenzy again, we have until 9pm to figure out who the last goon an assassin is

I am trying hard as ****. To vote for a goon. Not keep one alive.

The assassin won't win as long as the goons keep Milky alive. 

I'd imagine the scenario would be lynch me, kill you at night. It would all depend on if Rudi is mod-killed from there. If you're not the assassin that leaves a mason, 2 townies, an assassin and a goon.  Surely from there the town could still pick off the last goon. Guess I'm saying the town should win anyway but Rudi is still casting a dark shadow over this game.

Tenaciousdandy
46 minutes ago, Smack said:

I am trying hard as ****. To vote for a goon. Not keep one alive.

The assassin won't win as long as the goons keep Milky alive. 

I'd imagine the scenario would be lynch me, kill you at night. It would all depend on if Rudi is mod-killed from there. If you're not the assassin that leaves a mason, 2 townies, an assassin and a goon.  Surely from there the town could still pick off the last goon. Guess I'm saying the town should win anyway but Rudi is still casting a dark shadow over this game.

I agree with you that we need to lynch the goon today and get the win 

If we do fail to land the goon today I'm happy to take one for the team tonight if it means milky survives 

Hopefully rudi shows up and can contribute to help finding the final goon 

Tenaciousdandy
56 minutes ago, Simo said:

Ah fair enough. I missed that post but did see he'd said he was working back to back the last couple of days so maybe just that. Hope all is okay in real life anyway 

Yeah I think he said something about back shift to early shift it was someone else that said he was acting out of character and hoped all was well with him 

Tenaciousdandy

Going to have a look over the thread again and see if can notice anything on the remaining players that might point to being the last goon 

I will reinforce my towny status again.

Instrumental in the demise of 2 goons. Boof and Ridley.

Saved Dawnrazor to put Boof out.

I have done nothing Goon like the whole game.

Even the pub was for towns folk!

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Honestly though I have absolutely no idea who the last Goon is.

What do you make of morgaro and smack? Both going at each other

Also what's your thoughts on rudi being this quiet

22 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

What do you make of morgaro and smack? Both going at each other

Also what's your thoughts on rudi being this quiet

No idea

Has anyone voted yet? 

I'm really not sure anymore but gun to my head I think the last goon is Morgaro then I'd say Smack is next most likely with an outside chance of Marvin or Rudi but they'd be a fair bit lower down my list

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Simo said:

Has anyone voted yet? 

I'm really not sure anymore but gun to my head I think the last goon is Morgaro then I'd say Smack is next most likely with an outside chance of Marvin or Rudi but they'd be a fair bit lower down my list

Juat smack he's voted morgaro

On 26/10/2020 at 22:47, Boof said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the preponderance of spreadsheets is causing confusion?

I've no idea if mine is/was right - it certainly isn't up to date as I couldn't keep up with the last half hour. I wasn't here anyway - not even a Mafia game comes between me and University Challenge :D 

And tomorrow night is a Dial M for Murder night for me so I'll be absent from 7pm. That'll give you folk with me on your goonlist the chance to get rid of me as nobody will be coming to my rescue since I'm the only one who knows I'm good and Sean clearly didn't investigate me to find me good.

On 26/10/2020 at 22:55, Smack said:

Since when has causing confusion stopped you? 😁 Talking of which, Sean didn't investigate anyone.

Casting aspersions on Boof ^^^

On 27/10/2020 at 09:29, Smack said:

The votes on Alim did pile up on quite quickly and Bunny might not have had the chance to react without seeming suspicious.

Sticking with my goon list of Bunny, Boof and Stuart for now.

Vote Boof

On 27/10/2020 at 16:31, Smack said:

I think a word count would tell another story 😁

Worth remembering there is an assassin in our midst, even if they have been muzzled Hannibal Lecter style.

Sticking with Boof for now, but with ever so slightly less conviction. I would expect a bit more tables, charts, Venn diagrams etc. from him though.

Further denegrating Boof ^^^

On 27/10/2020 at 18:41, Dandyman79 said:
Stuart yvonne dawnrazor    
Yvonne stuart      
Milky        

Simo yvonne      
Vlad smack      
Dandy boof smack sheldon stuart
Riddley dawn      
Dawnrazor rudi      
Sheldon morgaro      

Boof milky      
Rudi dawnrazor      
Marv dawnrazor      
Ian boof stuart    
Morgaro sheldon      
Bunny milky      
Dunks stuart      
Smack boof      

Just me on Boof where I stayed^^^

On 27/10/2020 at 20:49, Morgaro Gomis said:

Boof has done nothing and in the lead, Dawn has been suspicous and isn’t... I find that very odd

Defending a goon ^^^

On 27/10/2020 at 20:56, Shapes said:

Boof 5

Dawn 5

Milky 2

Stuart 1

Rudi 1

Sheldon 1

Morgaro 1

Riddley 1

On 27/10/2020 at 20:59, Vlad Magic said:

Well let’s see.

If we have been bollocked too.....

Unvote Dawnrazor

Vote Boof.

Vlad ending Boof right at the deadline ^^^

On 27/10/2020 at 23:04, Morgaro Gomis said:

Absolutely agree - he had to due to the pressure Simo and I were putting on him. He handled it amazingly well. 

Which is why I’m hesitant to call him bad - he got called bad for being active last time whilst good, so natural for him to withdraw and get a bit of an easier time maybe 😂

Defending Riddley ^^^

Tenaciousdandy
8 minutes ago, Smack said:

Casting aspersions on Boof ^^^

Further denegrating Boof ^^^

Just me on Boof where I stayed^^^

Defending a goon ^^^

Vlad ending Boof right at the deadline ^^^

Defending Riddley ^^^

Morgaro is looking the most goonly across the game 

Morgaro Gomis

I notice you conveniently miss out me saying Bunny was not a sensible kill, voting Riddley (my defence of him was early doors that I didn’t think he was showing goonlike symptoms based simply on not posting much. Given he was forced to defend himself last time out.) but fair enough, you’re clearly good at spinning a yarn and twisting words. 

If you think im goonly, vote me. You'll be wrong and lose the game but I don’t have the time to disect the thread and pull out all the odd things other folk have done.

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

Morgaro Gomis

I also didn’t think Boof had done anything wrong as I don’t know his posting style as I’ve never played a game with him before - and that’s all anyone was basing him being a goon on. That’s not hard to grasp.

Morgaro Gomis

As Smack has pointed out, the Assassin needs the goon kept alive to have any chance. Has anyone backed me? No. 

Who is actively backing each other? Smack and Vlad. 

If youre happy to let Smack play you all like a fiddle then crack on though :rofl:

So you think Smack is the goon and Vlad is assassin? Or vice versa? I guess either are possible but I don't think Vlad is on my goon list tbh 

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, Simo said:

So you think Smack is the goon and Vlad is assassin? Or vice versa? I guess either are possible but I don't think Vlad is on my goon list tbh 

I think it’s one or the other. I’d be inclined to think Vlad as goon and smack as assassin. I don’t know though, all I know is I’m innocent. 

I dont blame anyone for voting for me though as I’ve not played the game well (mostly as I’ve not put in enough effort due to work). It’s a mistake though.