Harry Potter Mafia

Shapes

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Pretty sure, unless I’m mistaken about the turncoat role, the goons won’t know who the turncoat is. My understanding is that they’re just a “townie” who (if the goons choose to nightkill them) turns into a goon instead of dying.

@Shapes any chance you are able to clarify this or is that not allowed?

Nobody knows who the turncoat is, not even the turncoat. They get a PM that says townie.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Morgaro Gomis

• Dawnrazor

• Smack

3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Pretty sure, unless I’m mistaken about the turncoat role, the goons won’t know who the turncoat is. My understanding is that they’re just a “townie” who (if the goons choose to nightkill them) turns into a goon instead of dying.

@Shapes any chance you are able to clarify this or is that not allowed?

Yeah they don't know which townie it is but I thought they'd take a punt on going for one (or the cop/doc) as Ian had already more or less said he was a Mason (so can't be turned) 

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Wooo

I'd like to think that they at least booted him repeatedly in his undropped nadgers first.

Wooo

Woooo

Now that’s a bit uncalled for 😂

That’s what you get for the late vote fiasco 😁

Woooo

5 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

That's my understanding.

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

It means another Mason will need to come out and say who they are, meaning it's giving them more info about who's who. 

Possibly,  but would also have to name the players on the trust list for it to be of any use 

Morgaro Gomis
4 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Yes that’s true but you would think the goons would have went for someone they thought was a plain townie so there would be a chance they could be turned? Ian was known to be a mason so couldn’t have been turn coat

Ah yeah, I see your point. 

3 minutes ago, Simo said:

Yeah they don't know which townie it is but I thought they'd take a punt on going for one (or the cop/doc) as Ian had already more or less said he was a Mason (so can't be turned) 

Yeah, that makes sense. Bit of a risk to take a punt on a townie for a very small chance to hit the turncoat though, particularly after losing 2 goons in a row. I’d suggest experience has played a part in them deciding to go for a known hit.

11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Woooo

Now that’s a bit uncalled for 😂

That’s what you get for the late vote fiasco 😁

Woooo

Woooo

I thought that, since my character was a bursd, it would be much more in keeping with the role if I was a bit less talkative than usual...didn't work... :lol:

woooo

Further thinking, if my suspicion about who the assassin has went for is correct, then we know that there's a good chance they'll be gone tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Goon list

Riddley

Bunny 

Wrong tree with me I'm afraid Yvonne.

Another angle to the turncoat rule is if townies and lynched by the town it stops any chance of them being converted, which is a bit of a bonus for the town.

Tenaciousdandy
12 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Goon list

Riddley

Bunny 

Riddley has been really quiet and also put dawnrazor on 2 when boof was on 2 votes early on

Riddley has definitely been a lot less vocal than the last game when he was a townie... but I spent half that game falsely accusing him of being a goon so I'm hesitant to start calling him one again :lol:😆

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, Simo said:

Riddley has definitely been a lot less vocal than the last game when he was a townie... but I spent half that game falsely accusing him of being a goon so I'm hesitant to start calling him one again :lol:😆

So did I :lol: thinking about it we were quite harsh on a newbie playing their first game 😂😂

Morgaro Gomis

In terms of this game, I have to be honest I am so lost. I didn’t see Boof being bad at all, and was thinking Dawn was.

I think it’s a fair guess to say that Dawn was investigated last night - so I’d suggest he’s good. I also thought Stuart was the cop, which was wrong again obviously! I’m all over the place - absolutely no clue.

Hesitant to put a goon list just now too as it would be a wild stab in the dark, which doesn’t help anyone. 

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

Tenaciousdandy

So did I :lol: thinking about it we were quite harsh on a newbie playing their first game 😂😂

He was playing the game really well for a new player 

7 minutes ago, Simo said:

As did I and I wasn't even a goon :rofl:

Morgaro Gomis
3 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

He was playing the game really well for a new player 

Absolutely agree - he had to due to the pressure Simo and I were putting on him. He handled it amazingly well. 

Which is why I’m hesitant to call him bad - he got called bad for being active last time whilst good, so natural for him to withdraw and get a bit of an easier time maybe 😂

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

In terms of this game, I have to be honest I am so lost. I didn’t see Boof being bad at all, and was certain Dawn was.

I think it’s a fair guess to say that Dawn was investigated last night - so I’d suggest he’s good. I also thought Stuart was the cop, which was wrong again obviously! I’m all over the place - absolutely no clue.

Hesitant to put a goon list just now too as it would be a wild stab in the dark, which doesn’t help anyone. 

Boof wasn't palyong his usual game so stuck out as not right, you might be right about dawn but unless confirmed he can't be added to the trust list of 1 (stuart) atm , personally read it as stuart is the doc and pulled a Gordon wonder save out the bag tonight 

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Boof wasn't palyong his usual game so stuck out as not right, you might be right about dawn but unless confirmed he can't be added to the trust list of 1 (stuart) atm , personally read it as stuart is the doc and pulled a Gordon wonder save out the bag tonight 

That makes sense, I haven’t played enough to know everyone’s style (not sure if I’ve ever played in a game with Boof at all) - so I didn’t know his style was different.

Tenaciousdandy

Absolutely agree - he had to due to the pressure Simo and I were putting on him. He handled it amazingly well. 

Which is why I’m hesitant to call him bad - he got called bad for being active last time whilst good, so natural for him to withdraw and get a bit of an easier time maybe 😂

The old damned if you do and damned if you don't lol 

Riddley Walker

:lol: don't start this again ffs. I got targeted in the last game as I was too vocal and have tried to be a bit more measured. I'm 100 percent a townie again and have been more vocal than quite a few others.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

That makes sense, I haven’t played enough to know everyone’s style (not sure if I’ve ever played in a game with Boof at all) - so I didn’t know his style was different.

I hadn't played a game in years prior to the last one and not completely sure on any name changes of the current player as a few from the past aren't on the player list, but always remember him question absolutely everything and theory this and theory that which he didn't do this game which stuck out for me. 

Just need to see if we can root out his last 2 goonly buddies now 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

Unvote Dandyman

Only messing - although I do think your pint choice is poor 😂😂

Whats wrong with a 70 or 80 shilling lol was the pint of choice back in the 90's when I did most of my pub drinking lol 

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Vote Dandyman 

for drinking shite pints 👀

Your vote is getting added to my spread sheet for analysis lol 

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Whats wrong with a 70 or 80 shilling lol was the pint of choice back in the 90's when I did most of my pub drinking lol 

Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever tried it! Just wasn’t the done drink to have when I started to go out in the early 2010s 😂

Lager, IPAs or Rum for me these days. 

Morgaro Gomis

Your vote is getting added to my spread sheet for analysis lol 

I wouldn’t expect anything else 😂

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

:lol: don't start this again ffs. I got targeted in the last game as I was too vocal and have tried to be a bit more measured. I'm 100 percent a townie again and have been more vocal than quite a few others.

Swear on Rudi's left peg? 😏

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

This would be 17/18 pages long instead of 14 if Boof was in active theory mode 😂

15 minutes ago, Smack said:

Swear on Rudi's left peg? 😏

👏 

So from Dandyman's spreadsheet it seems that Rudi, Milky, Stuart and Marvin had a hard-on for Dawnrazor. Maybe hard-on is too strong a term but some definite semis on the go.🤏

Pfft. I don't really know what to think. Lots of suspicious looking sorts our there. I suppose I'm most interested in Morgaro, Yvonne, Bunny and Dunks. And Milky and Marvin. 🤦🏻‍♂️😵 And now I'm doubting Rudi again.

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Smack said:

So from Dandyman's spreadsheet it seems that Rudi, Milky, Stuart and Marvin had a hard-on for Dawnrazor. Maybe hard-on is too strong a term but some definite semis on the go.🤏

Pfft. I don't really know what to think. Lots of suspicious looking sorts our there. I suppose I'm most interested in Morgaro, Yvonne, Bunny and Dunks. And Milky and Marvin. 🤦🏻‍♂️😵 And now I'm doubting Rudi again.

My vote was to put him into a tie to try save myself. 

I'm not going to be around much today unfortunately so as I don't have my notes to hand I'm going to....

vote Yvonne.

I'll be back later tonight and will likely miss deadline.

Would be good to see everyone do a goon list at this stage as we have all got people we can trust more than others?

Dandyman and Morgaro showing solidarity Masonic or goonly? 

Tenaciousdandy
12 hours ago, Marvin said:

Unvote Dawn

Vote Boof

2  safe votes in a row, not getting involved in the Stuart/Dawnrazor discussions. Goon tactic to stay hidden.

So you did, straight after my vote, missed that one 

20 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I'm not going to be around much today unfortunately so as I don't have my notes to hand I'm going to....

vote Yvonne.

I'll be back later tonight and will likely miss deadline.

Any reason? I can understand from the point Dandy made about me not voting in the lynches even though I’m my goon list, but I have explained that and I don’t know what else I can do to show I’m good. 

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Would be good to see everyone do a goon list at this stage as we have all got people we can trust more than others?

Dandyman and Morgaro showing solidarity Masonic or goonly? 

Can't speak for morgaro but I'm neither a mason or a goon.

Not 100% sure but would be between

Trust list

Stuart

possible goon list

Yvonne have obviously challenged you regarding your voting , which h you have answered but I'm still not sure i belive you as of yet, the whole got the goons on your list could just be a ploy to use 

Riddley, pretty quiet and hasn't voted for a lynched player as of yet

Milky - voting pattern 

Most likely wrong but that is my current goon list, may well change as the day goes on 

Tenaciousdandy
12 hours ago, Simo said:

I think Marvin put Alim into a tie yesterday? So it's possible Marv and Dawn are both goons and he was trying to save Dawn there but it seems unlikely to me? 

Obviously can't be 100% but thinking Marvin can be trusted, he's had important votes in both the goons being lynched 

Riddley Walker
44 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Can't speak for morgaro but I'm neither a mason or a goon.

Not 100% sure but would be between

Trust list

Stuart

possible goon list

Yvonne have obviously challenged you regarding your voting , which h you have answered but I'm still not sure i belive you as of yet, the whole got the goons on your list could just be a ploy to use 

Riddley, pretty quiet and hasn't voted for a lynched player as of yet

Milky - voting pattern 

Most likely wrong but that is my current goon list, may well change as the day goes on 

Not quite sure why I'm on your goon list of 3 tbh. I've not been as quiet as some others and have explained why I've changed a bit this one. Also working and back on the school run and all that comes with that this week. 

Bunny and Milky are the two that stand out to me atm, but I think there are others who have been quiet too.

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Riddley Walker said:

Not quite sure why I'm on your goon list of 3 tbh. I've not been as quiet as some others and have explained why I've changed a bit this one. Also working and back on the school run and all that comes with that this week. 

Bunny and Milky are the two that stand out to me atm, but I think there are others who have been quiet too.

Just remembered there is only 2 goons left as 4 instead of the 5 in the last game 

As I've said I'm probably way off, I'm not sure what I make of bunny atm has been quiet as you say, voted alim early on day 1 and never changed his vote, milky is on my goon list as he put dawnrazor back into a tie with boof yesterday 

Riddley Walker
10 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

Riddley has been really quiet and also put dawnrazor on 2 when boof was on 2 votes early on

May have been wrong about dawn but didn't have much to go on yesterday apart from him and Rudi's argument the day before. And fair play to the folk who voted Boof, genuinely have no idea how they sussed that out.

Am I right in thinking that any of us townies could be a turncoat and we don't know until someone tries to kill us?

Riddley Walker

Just remembered there is only 2 goons left as 4 instead of the 5 in the last game 

As I've said I'm probably way off, I'm not sure what I make of bunny atm has been quiet as you say, voted alim early on day 1 and never changed his vote, milky is on my goon list as he put dawnrazor back into a tie with boof yesterday 

Ffs I've been thinking there's 5 goons all along.