Harry Potter Mafia

Shapes

Hogwarts is in trouble. Voldemort and his band of followers are fixated on bringing the school down and destroying the boy who lived, Harry Potter. They are causing havoc. Harry and chums have other ideas though. They are planning on taking the bad guys on and making Hogwarts a safe place for them to be again. Who will win the battle?

roles:

Goons 4-  Voldemort, Dolores Umbridge, Lucius Malfoy, Bellatrix LeStrange. These guys are bad, very bad. They want to take down hogwarts and destroy Harry and chums. 

Gossip - Rita Skeeter. Rita is a journo at the daily prophet and she loves a bit of gossip. For this game she will be good (although it's debatable whether she is or not in the books/films :lol:) She will investigate a player each night and the results will be passed on to the masons.

Nurse - Madame Pommfrey. I'm rebelling and making it a nurse this time and not a doc, because us nurses deserve to be part of some heroics! Madame Pommfrey can save someone each night and cannot save the same person two nights in a row

Masons - 3 - Harry, Hermione & Ron. They want to help eliminate the bad guys and will get passed on information from rita skeeter.

Assassin - Snape. Poor Snape. He's so heartbroken and fed up that he just wants hogwarts to himself. He has 3 bullets and he can use them DURING THE NIGHT.  He can use as many as he wants on the one night. There will be NO day kills this game.

Turncoat - Peter Pettigrew. Starts off as a normal townie but will join the goons if they try kill him

Friendly Neighbour - Luna. Luna is a ditzy friend of Harry, Ron & co. She wants people to know she's good and on their side and help them defeat evil, but as she's a bit ditzy she has to be careful she doesn't pass on her information to the bad guys. She can pick someone every night she's alive to let them know she's a townie. She won't know the role of the person she is choosing (unless obviously it has been insinuated on thread)

Hogwarts students - 6. They are out to defeat the goons. 

Goons will win if there is not a way for the town to have a majority. 

Town will win once all goons are dead. 
Assassin wins if they are the last remaining roled player.

night activity will be cop, doc, goons, assassin in that order.

I will be using deadlines for this game. First deadline is 9.00pm Monday
Anyone who does not post during the first day will be modkilled.

Anyone who doesn't register a vote will be banned from voting on the next day.

As soon as a lynch happens it is night and no game discussion should take place. 

During night, no gameplay discussion or speculation should take place. Please get all night activity in as soon as possible. 

If there's no chat, I'll bring in random tasks etc to liven up the game and these could go in the favour/to the detriment of absolutely anybody. So if you don't want the goons to gain more of an advantage or if you're a goon and you don't want the town to gain advantage then keep chatting!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Morgaro Gomis

• Dawnrazor

• Smack

Player list

1. Stuart Mcneil

2. Yvonnejambo 

3. Milky

4. AlimOzturk

5. Simo

8. Dandyman

9.Riddley

10. Dawnrazor

11. Sheldon

12. Sean

13. Boof

14. Rudi

15. Marv.

16. Iantjambo

17. Morgaro

18. Bunny Munro

19. Dunks

20. Smack

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Looking forward to taking the goons down again 😀

Hibs?

At Hampden?

No bother.  👍

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Evening all.

Like the theme.  I remember you ran a GOT one and I had no idea what was going on 😂

Like the idea of the friendly neighbour, but a role that could be a big detriment to the town at the same time.

Would use BS etc etc 👍

Stuart McNeill

The other half made me sit through all 8 movies of this. 

So fortunately I should know who's who quite easily without having to always ask 😂

Let's kill he who shall not be named! 

Morgaro Gomis

Good theme, this. Should be a good one.

As I said on the sign-up thread, I don’t have too much free time this week so will be quiet - I expect - but will try and post as often as I can. 

Lastly - would use BS, but I cannot, so I won’t. 

7 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Let's kill he who shall not be named! 

Macbeth?  Oh, no...that would've been last game :lol: 

Looks like a couple of interesting new roles, Shapes. Will be good to see how they pan out.

As aye, I'd use BS if I could.

Other than that - not much to report.

Oh, aye - was going to say I'm somewhat clueless re HP. Shouldn't make a difference though :D 

Edited by Boof

Morgaro Gomis
11 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Evening all.

Like the theme.  I remember you ran a GOT one and I had no idea what was going on 😂

Like the idea of the friendly neighbour, but a role that could be a big detriment to the town at the same time.

Would use BS etc etc 👍

Vote Sheldon

for not knowing about Game of Thrones (and for not watching it). Goon like move if I’ve ever seen one. 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

What's the BS stuff all about again?

If bs is used cop will investigate the player directly below them 

I'd use bs on you if I could but unfortunately just a plain old townie this time round 

Morgaro Gomis
4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

What's the BS stuff all about again?

Think it stands for “boof’s system”, could be wrong but I’m sure it’s when the cop investigates the person directly below them in the player list. So the masons will know who the cop is straight away (as they get told the role and name of the player investigated).

Some people don’t like it as it can also give the goons the name of the cop through process of elimination if the cop uses it and happens to investigate one of the goons (would give a 25% chance of nailing the cop on night one if it was always used).

If that is wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me 😂

Edited by Morgaro Gomis

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

Think it stands for “boof’s system”, could be wrong but I’m sure it’s when the cop investigates the person directly below them in the player list. So the goons will know who the cop is straight away (as they get told the role and name of the player investigated).

Some people don’t like it as it can also give the goons the name of the cop through process of elimination if the cop uses it and happens to investigate one of the goons (would give a 25% chance of nailing the cop on night one if it was always used).

If that is wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me 😂

Goons don't get told the name of the investigations the masons do, if a goon is its a process of elimination

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

That's right Morgaro.

As I've yet to recover from the mental trauma of the last game:

Vote Boof 

👀

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Goons don't get told the name of the investigations the masons do, if a goon is its a process of elimination

You got in there just before my edit. Was a typo, corrected now 😂

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

That's right Morgaro.

As I've yet to recover from the mental trauma of the last game:

Vote Boof 

👀

😂😂 I'm willing to give boof the benefit of the doubt simply due to giving us that in the last game lol

*puts kettle on*

BS is a method whereby the Cop (or gossip) lets the masons know their identity without having to waste an investigation investigating themself. If enough folk say they'd use it then the goons don't know where to look to find the Cop.

By claiming that you'd use it the goons can't work out who the Cop is - at least not immediately...they'll probably get there eventually as hints get dropped through the days.

Oh, aye - not actually said what to do :lol:

If you're the cop and say you'd use it it helps the masons if you do actually use it. That way they can look at who got investigated and look one person higher on the player list to find the cop. They can then try and protect the Cop  through the game in case hapless townies like me decide someone looks dodgy for the most spurious of reasons.

So if you're the Cop and say you'll use it...Shapes will keep you right in the PMs.

Hope that's clear enough - looking back it seems a lot of waffle :lol: 

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

So no one is dead yet so we can assume Sean isn't the assassin then 🤣

Don't go saying too quick now 😂

He's to wait till night time to kill. 

Stuart McNeill
1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

So no one is dead yet so we can assume Sean isn't the assassin then 🤣

Id use if I could, but I can't. 

Also vote dandyman for not reading the rules 

I wouldn’t use bs this time. 

Vote dawnrazor  returning the favour. 

number fours mine now. Use to think I was Pressely back in the day when I played football 😂

8 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Evening all.

Would use BS etc etc 👍

I was the same with the GoT game😂 I’ve since watched it from start to finish though.

Morning all 👋🏻. I like the asssassin only getting night kills. 

BS...Would...can’t...Townie.

vote Smack

Stick on goon and is always picking on me 😭

15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I must have pissed Shapes off 😂😂

Clear your PMs plz. Says I can't send to you!

9 hours ago, Shapes said:

Updated Player list

1. Stuart Mcneil

2. Yvonnejambo 

3. Milky

4. AlimOzturk

5. Simo

6. Vlad magic 

8. Dandyman

9.Riddley

10. Dawnrazor

11. Sheldon

12. Sean

13. Boof

14. Rudi

15. Marv.

16. Iantjambo

17. Morgaro

18. Bunny Munro

19. Dunks

20. Smack

Morning Hogwarters, I would use bs but can’t. 
I’m working from home today so will be able to check in a bit more and stop folk saying I’m too quiet... 🥺

Goon list will be next after I’ve had more coffee 

Tenaciousdandy
8 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Id use if I could, but I can't. 

Also vote dandyman for not reading the rules 

Assassin - Snape. Poor Snape. He's so heartbroken and fed up that he just wants hogwarts to himself. He has 3 bullets and he can use them DURING THE NIGHT.  He can use as many as he wants on the one night. There will be NO day kills this game.

Oh yeah, saves shapes the grief boof had, smart move 😂

27 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Morning Hogwarters, I would use bs but can’t. 
I’m working from home today so will be able to check in a bit more and stop folk saying I’m too quiet... 🥺

Goon list will be next after I’ve had more coffee 

goon list

yvonne

Riddley Walker
9 hours ago, Boof said:

*puts kettle on*

BS is a method whereby the Cop (or gossip) lets the masons know their identity without having to waste an investigation investigating themself. If enough folk say they'd use it then the goons don't know where to look to find the Cop.

By claiming that you'd use it the goons can't work out who the Cop is - at least not immediately...they'll probably get there eventually as hints get dropped through the days.

Oh, aye - not actually said what to do :lol:

If you're the cop and say you'd use it it helps the masons if you do actually use it. That way they can look at who got investigated and look one person higher on the player list to find the cop. They can then try and protect the Cop  through the game in case hapless townies like me decide someone looks dodgy for the most spurious of reasons.

So if you're the Cop and say you'll use it...Shapes will keep you right in the PMs.

Hope that's clear enough - looking back it seems a lot of waffle :lol: 

I kind of have the Monday morning fuzz but why is it so useful since loads of folk are probably lying anyway? My head hurts.

I would definitely pump Emma Watson.

Would use BS if I could but can’t.

Voting for last person to vote as normal.

Vote Rudi Skacel 

1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

I kind of have the Monday morning fuzz but why is it so useful since loads of folk are probably lying anyway? My head hurts.

It's useful to let the masons know another good roles player thus they can try and protect them. But as some have said it can narrow down they list to who the cop is for the goons. It is just a potential method to help the town out against the goons