Barça v Madrid

Stephane Grappelli

Stephane Grappelli

FC Barcelona 1-3 Real Madrid

Both teams went into it under huge pressure but a deserved and resounding win for the visitors. Koeman gambled with a very young team and it didn't pay off.

Never been Messi's biggest fan but it's sad to see what he's become.  Niggly little fouls, diving in the box and constantly moaning at the ref seems all he's capable of these days. Those things have always been a huge part of his game but at least he had the blinding skill to go with it in the past but not anymore.

He looked like the only one who had a bit of imagination. The rest get the ball and are scared to try anything so leave it for him. The club as a whole is rotting away.

Don't get me started on the defense... They shipped 8 to Bayern but didn't look to improve the position.

Real Madrid deserved the win today but they're not a great side either.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Both teams went into it under huge pressure but a deserved and resounding win for the visitors. Koeman gambled with a very young team and it didn't pay off.

Never been Messi's biggest fan but it's sad to see what he's become.  Niggly little fouls, diving in the box and constantly moaning at the ref seems all he's capable of these days. Those things have always been a huge part of his game but at least he had the blinding skill to go with it in the past but not anymore.

he still has it, he wants out.. never ever keep somome who doesn’t want to be there 

The skill level to receive the ball in an impossibly tight position was lovely to watch - from both sides.

Having said that some of the passing to the opposition was a bit unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Messi will be reunited with Pep at man city next year, maybe even January if City's form remains indifferent. As for Diving in the box.....Ramos antics to win the penalty for the 2nd goal were theatrical to say the least. Just aswell for him that his shirt was pulled beforehand as thats what the pen was awarded for. He is an absolute cheating barsteward but has made it an art throughout his career.  Its such a shame as he was a world class defender (and still decent) and no need for all the antics throughout the years. No doubt some would say he's a winner and winners do what it takes to win. I prefer cheating barsteward myself 😂😂 Aup Atleti 😉

Edited by hmfcbilly
Amended post

Stephane Grappelli
21 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Messi will be reunited with Pep at man city next year, maybe even January if City's form remains indifferent. As for Diving in the box.....Ramos antics to win the penalty for the 2nd goal were theatrical to say the least. Just aswell for him that his shirt was pulled beforehand as thats what the pen was awarded for. He is an absolute cheating barsteward but has made it an art throughout his career.  Its such a shame as he was a world class defender (and still decent) and no need for all the antics throughout the years. No doubt some would say he's a winner and winners do what it takes to win. I prefer cheating barsteward myself 😂😂 Aup Atleti 😉

His shirt was pulled. He brought it to the refs attention. Not cheating.

If you think that's cheating then no doubt you can't stand all the antics Messi gets up to and gets away with.  Ramos gets called out for far less.

50 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

His shirt was pulled. He brought it to the refs attention. Not cheating.

If you think that's cheating then no doubt you can't stand all the antics Messi gets up to and gets away with.  Ramos gets called out for far less.

I get you're totally in love with all things real Madrid but some of the things Ramos has got up to over the years are shocking. Messi, like all modern day attackers, looks for contact whenever they are challenged in the box. I dont agree with it but they are all at it in the modern game. Ronaldo, another of your hero's, is even worse. One thing I've never seen messi do over the years is roll about the ground holding his face when someone happens to make slight contact with him. Unlike that big, 'tough' centre half Ramos, who I've witnessed rolling about like he's been assaulted many times over the years. I've seen Messi get booted about the field for 90mins quite often and I would say he is fairly restrained in his behaviour considering what he puts up with. I also stated Ramos shirt was pulled today and that is what the penalty was awarded for. His spiderman-like leap through the air afterwards was totally uncalled for but not unexpected given how he generally conducts himself. 

1 hour ago, Gone said:

Penalty every day of the week. Stupid by Lenglet

Agree. Its all the theatrical pish from Ramos I can't stand. Hes dished out some ridiculous challenges in his career (and saw red for a fair few) yet throws himself about like he's been majorly assaulted every chance he gets. Wouldnt mind half as much if he was reasonably decent at it 😂😂

1 minute ago, hmfcbilly said:

Agree. Its all the theatrical pish from Ramos I can't stand. Hes dished out some ridiculous challenges in his career (and saw red for a fair few) yet throws himself about like he's been majorly assaulted every chance he gets. Wouldnt mind half as much if he was reasonably decent at it 😂😂

Did he not get a youngster sent off in the champions League final when they were well ahead? 

12 minutes ago, Gone said:

Did he not get a youngster sent off in the champions League final when they were well ahead? 

If you mean Cuadrado for Juventus then no. He's not a youngster, he stamped on Ramos while already on a yellow. Id say he got himself sent off.

Edited by Jamie Walker Tash

Stephane Grappelli

I get you're totally in love with all things real Madrid but some of the things Ramos has got up to over the years are shocking. Messi, like all modern day attackers, looks for contact whenever they are challenged in the box. I dont agree with it but they are all at it in the modern game. Ronaldo, another of your hero's, is even worse. One thing I've never seen messi do over the years is roll about the ground holding his face when someone happens to make slight contact with him. Unlike that big, 'tough' centre half Ramos, who I've witnessed rolling about like he's been assaulted many times over the years. I've seen Messi get booted about the field for 90mins quite often and I would say he is fairly restrained in his behaviour considering what he puts up with. I also stated Ramos shirt was pulled today and that is what the penalty was awarded for. His spiderman-like leap through the air afterwards was totally uncalled for but not unexpected given how he generally conducts himself. 

What's Ronaldo got to do with this?  When have I said he's a hero of mine?  Interesting...

The difference is, Ramos usually gets done for his misdemeanours. Funnily enough he's never had a red card playing for Spain yet has had plenty in the glorious, immaculate white shirt of Real Madrid Club de Fútbol.  Kind of punctures the myth propagated by the likes of Barça and Atleti that Madrid are the team of the referees.

That's the first penalty they've had at the Nou Camp since March 2007. Should have had a blatant one last year for shirt pulling which bizarrely wasn't given so Son Sergio was just doing the right thing I'm bringing it to the attention of the match officials.

You can't have seen Messi in action very much then if you really believe what you're saying. He has made a career out of diving, nasty little fouls to the ankles from behind and dissent.  Always excused by the commentators saying "he's not that kind of player".  Now that his powers are on the wane and frustration is setting in he's at it more than ever. Not even the best player at Barça anymore, the vile little cheat.

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

If you mean Cuadrado for Juventus then no. He's not a younger, he stamped on Ramos while already on a yellow. Id say he got himself sent off.

Spot on sir.

9 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

If you mean Cuadrado for Juventus then no. He's not a youngster, he stamped on Ramos while already on a yellow. Id say he got himself sent off.

Assault right enough...

7 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Sergio is class. Love it when everyone hates a guy they'd love in their own team. 

Bit like peak Suarez and Diego Costa

Ultimate shithouses 

13 minutes ago, Gone said:

Assault right enough...

Don't think anyone has said it's assault. Its a stamp right in front of the linesman, not the smartest of moves is it?

Pasquale for King

Worst El Clasico I’ve seen, two poor teams with their best players all ageing or past it, Real shading it but someone could win the League this season. No fans meant less intensity, I hope that doesn’t happen next Saturday as we will need to be up for it. 

Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Don't think anyone has said it's assault. Its a stamp right in front of the linesman, not the smartest of moves is it?

Nothing would have been made of it had Ramos not went down like Kurt Angle. He's a shitehouse and a bloody good one at that.

Stephane Grappelli
24 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Sergio is class. Love it when everyone hates a guy they'd love in their own team. 

Well said.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Great result.

I love Ramos.

Top man Morgan!

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Spot on, Ramos is a *****. 

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, Gone said:

Nothing would have been made of it had Ramos not went down like Kurt Angle. He's a shitehouse and a bloody good one at that.

Exactly, plus you don't know what had gone on between them already. If Ramos retaliated there and then he'd have been sent off and with time running out he probably calculated his only way to get his own back was to make sure the lad got sent off.  Fair ****s to him says I.

15 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

What's Ronaldo got to do with this?  When have I said he's a hero of mine?  Interesting...

The difference is, Ramos usually gets done for his misdemeanours. Funnily enough he's never had a red card playing for Spain yet has had plenty in the glorious, immaculate white shirt of Real Madrid Club de Fútbol.  Kind of punctures the myth propagated by the likes of Barça and Atleti that Madrid are the team of the referees.

That's the first penalty they've had at the Nou Camp since March 2007. Should have had a blatant one last year for shirt pulling which bizarrely wasn't given so Son Sergio was just doing the right thing I'm bringing it to the attention of the match officials.

You can't have seen Messi in action very much then if you really believe what you're saying. He has made a career out of diving, nasty little fouls to the ankles from behind and dissent.  Always excused by the commentators saying "he's not that kind of player".  Now that his powers are on the wane and frustration is setting in he's at it more than ever. Not even the best player at Barça anymore, the vile little cheat.

I'll address your points one by one.....

First bold highlight - I was talking about how all the top modern day attackers look for contact in the box.  Given the rivalry between messi and Ronaldo for years (and you being such a huge real fan) I thought it only fair to use both of them for balance. 

Point 2 - Ramos has played a helluva lot more games for his club than his country although I'm amazed he's never had a red for Spain. (Spanish refs must all be anti-madrid then eh??)

3 - Ramos (or Sergio as you lovingly refer to him, being so close and all) was merely highlighting his shirt being pulled by diving like a stuntman???

4 - according to you, Messi has spent years making nasty fouls and getting away with it, but always being excused by the commentators as it being accidental due to him 'not being that type of player'. I bow to your superior knowledge on Messi and shall ignore all those professional commentators with years of experience who, according to you, are all wrong and Messi is actually a vile little cheat 😂😂

5 - nothing highlighted above but I thought I'd take the opportunity to say cheers 

For🎣🎣🎣

1 minute ago, Gone said:

So then Cuadrado gets away with stamping and that would be fine? I get it you don't like Ramos but I'm sure had it a Hearts player you'd be wanting them sent off. Miko incident in the semi? Can't mind the hibs boy, bit of an over reaction from miko I'm sure you would agree? But it was a stamp so red card.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

So then Cuadrado gets away with stamping and that would be fine? I get it you don't like Ramos but I'm sure had it a Hearts player you'd be wanting them sent off. Miko incident in the semi? Can't mind the hibs boy, bit of an over reaction from miko I'm sure you would agree? But it was a stamp so red card.

There's a difference between clipping the boys heel and outright standing on someone with both feet... 

Just now, Gone said:

There's a difference between clipping the boys heel and outright standing on someone with both feet... 

Both intentional none the less.

This thread reminds me of a mid 50 something who spat the dummy at my workplace when someone dared to suggest Ronaldo was better than Messi.

They way people are protective over footballers like they are 12 year old again falling out with pals is 🤣

All I will say here is, the term ‘Don’ can mean ‘sir’ or ‘mister’ in Spain.

Not taking sides, just an observation.

Stephane Grappelli
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

All I will say here is, the term ‘Don’ can mean ‘sir’ or ‘mister’ in Spain.

Not taking sides, just an observation.

Gracias caballero.

8 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I know what you mean.  All I did was start a completely impartial thread about my beloved Sergio Ramos and Real Madrid working it right up they Catalan cheats and some people have taken it the wrong way.

😂👍🏻

Ramos is a disgrace to the game. Considering I couldn’t give a shit about Spanish football this dick gets my goat. I genuinely wouldn’t give a toss if he is snapped . In fact I’m surprised he hasn’t been tbh

Bazzas right boot

Barcelona have collapsed, shame but also funny in a way. That Spanish team and Barca team were the best Iv'e witnessed . 2006- 2016 ish .

Fantastic Football and players.

Both Spanish teams are a bit behind were they want to be tho, and no one in England, Germany or France would fear them at all, it's a shame, even A Madrid are going backwards.

Anyone calling Messi a cheat but has Ramos in a team they eh.. like ( support) needs to give themselves a shake tho, it's the funniest statement I've read on the internet, ever. 

Madrid seem to have gotten better or at least not got worse since Ronaldo left and tbh that proves that football is truly a team game, I thought they would have missed him far more than they have.

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

If he joined hearts I'd burn my armchair. 

Stephane Grappelli
6 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

😂😂was waiting on that so I'll give you that one 😉. Was holding off to wait on your lovely reply.. that and to give my beautiful wife time to warm it up.  Cant stand getting in a cold bed. 

Good man.

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ramos is a disgrace to the game. Considering I couldn’t give a shit about Spanish football this dick gets my goat. I genuinely wouldn’t give a toss if he is snapped . In fact I’m surprised he hasn’t been tbh

Slight overreaction. There are, and have been, far worse people in the game but he seems to get more than his fair share of the bar publicity.  It's a bit like the emperor's new clothes or Janey Godley videos, folk just go with the crowd instead of pointing out that those voiceovers she does are utter shite.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Barcelona have collapsed, shame but also funny in a way. That Spanish team and Barca team were the best Iv'e witnessed . 2006- 2016 ish .

Both Spanish teams are a bit behind were they want to be tho, and no one in England, Germany or France would fear them at all, it's a shame, even A Madrid are going backwards.

Anyone calling Messi a cheat but has Ramos in a team they eh.. like ( support) needs to give themselves a shake tho, it's the funniest statement I've read on the internet, ever. 

Madrid seem to have gotten better or at least not got worse since Ronaldo left and tbh that proves that football is truly a team game, I thought they would have missed him far more than they have.

Atlético have been going backwards for years, ever since their jammy title win in 2014.  If you don't like what Ramos gets up to then I dread to think what you must make of Simeone, Costa and Suarez.

Anyway, unsurprisingly you seem to have missed my point. To be expected I suppose from a Hearts fan who described Hibs as the top dogs. 

53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If he joined hearts I'd burn my armchair. 

That's ridiculous. You'd really do that to what is no doubt an immaculate piece of furniture?

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Spot on. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Indeed, much like a few others unfortunately. 

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, much like a few others unfortunately. 

Absolute nonsense. We'd all love him at Hearts and anyone who says they wouldn't is having a giraffe. A leader, winner, goalscorer who is hated by opponents and opposition fans. From Drew Busby to Pasquale Bruno to Steven Naismith, these kind of players are in the DNA of Heart of Midlothian.

I'd suggest football isn't for anyone that doesn't rate Sergio Ramos. He's one of the most decorated footballers of the modern era.

24 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I'd suggest football isn't for anyone that doesn't rate Sergio Ramos. He's one of the most decorated footballers of the modern era.

I don't think the issue is about rating him baj. I think most of us would admit to what a world class defender he's been throughout his prime. The problem is more about how he conducts himself on the pitch. 

31 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

He’s a brilliant player but goes way too far over the line.

Stephane Grappelli
47 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Spot on.

I don't think the issue is about rating him baj. I think most of us would admit to what a world class defender he's been throughout his prime. The problem is more about how he conducts himself on the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He’s a brilliant player but goes way too far over the line.

I think some of this is overstated.  It's become one of these things that commentators and pundits repeat and folk who don't know much about him just take at face value. 

He takes it to the limit sometimes but isn't the first and won't be the last to do that.  For example, I've never seen him do the sort of challenges that Souness was famous for. 

Folk point to the Salah incident but it was Salah who started it and they both fell awkwardly. If you don't want a bigger, stronger man landing on you then don't pull him down onto you in the first place.

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

Fair point. I'd agree with the statement above about it being an exaggerated narrative. He loves a red card almost as much as he does a goal, but I think that's part of what makes him the player he is. 

Sergio Ramos plays to win, he needs to win.

He’s exuberant and hard, occasionally a wee bit too hard.

Deliberately dirty?  I think not.

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Sergio Ramos plays to win, he needs to win.

He’s exuberant and hard, occasionally a wee bit too hard.

Deliberately dirty?  I think not.

Agreed sir. 

18 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Agreed sir. 

Yes, if people would play the ball, rather than the man, a wee bit equipoise would be found.

On 24/10/2020 at 17:26, Stephane Grappelli said:

:trippin: