NEXT ...... hobos

22games nro

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

NO PRESSURE ON US !!!! 

If we lose this the campaign for Robbie's removal will be in full swing from the PHOODLE OUT mob 😴

The plane is on standby I hear. :rolleyes:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Kiwidoug

• Mr Brightside

• jambonian

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I know that I was indicating what Neilson should be saying to the press to wind Ross up, maybe say we’re not taking any female staff to the game either 😱🤔😆😜
If he becomes the first Hearts manager to lose to them at Hampden, continuing his frankly abysmal record of one win in 8 against them, this place will explode. 

out of interest, how .many draws in that Calderwood, to choose just one,   type run?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s winnable this but I’m not going to hold it against Neilson if we get done. This is no way to be staging a semi final 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s winnable this but I’m not going to hold it against Neilson if we get done. This is no way to be staging a semi final 

Should have been cancelled when they cancelled the season, shafting us in process. However beat the Shite then I think we might just win it. Then again knowing the spfl they will cancel it when/if  Celtic test positive for Covid.  

Just watched their highlights from yesterday, they should get pumped just for that celebration. Killie should have had a penalty through Burke and they did have a few chances. Not nervous about the game as we have a chance to win but not as confident as previous meetings, only because of the lack of game time more than anything. Solid 1-0 hearts for me

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

out of interest, how .many draws in that Calderwood, to choose just one,   type run?

One win where we scored a penalty and they missed one. Four losses and three draws, 50% lose ratio seeing as everyone likes to bring up win ratios 12.5%. Awful record and one that needs to change starting next week. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

Just watched their highlights from yesterday, they should get pumped just for that celebration. Killie should have had a penalty through Burke and they did have a few chances. Not nervous about the game as we have a chance to win but not as confident as previous meetings, only because of the lack of game time more than anything. Solid 1-0 hearts for me

They’ve carried an unbelievable amount of luck so far this season, time for it to run out. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Should have been cancelled when they cancelled the season, shafting us in process. However beat the Shite then I think we might just win it. Then again knowing the spfl they will cancel it when/if  Celtic test positive for Covid.  

It is a load of bollocks playing for the cup now. It’s only being done because Celtic can still win it. Otherwise it would have been shelved

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It is a load of bollocks playing for the cup now. It’s only being done because Celtic can still win it. Otherwise it would have been shelved

Correct. Another blindingly obvious part of the sham that is Scottish football

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve carried an unbelievable amount of luck so far this season, time for it to run out. 

Correct, luck being renamed fantastic football. Its not ideal having these cup games being played the way they are but id still take a cup final place over getting beat in a semi by this mob, regardless of our feelings towards the SPFL. Don't know how any other hearts fan can feel different. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jamie86 said:

Correct, luck being renamed fantastic football. Its not ideal having these cup games being played the way they are but id still take a cup final place over getting beat in a semi by this mob, regardless of our feelings towards the SPFL. Don't know how any other hearts fan can feel different. 

Definitely, the situation isn’t ideal but I’m glad we have this game to look forward too. I hope we get them in the other two cups too, not many other games to get excited about this season unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know as for all of the players who could have been injured yesterday it had to be Lewis Stevenson which will actually strengthen them by him not playing! 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This. 

Absolute farce the whole thing

Let's cancel one competition early and not the other one. 

If Celtic had not been one of the four semi finalist it would have been scrapped. 

The whole thing just stinks to high heaven. 

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I know that I was indicating what Neilson should be saying to the press to wind Ross up, maybe say we’re not taking any female staff to the game either 😱🤔😆😜
If he becomes the first Hearts manager to lose to them at Hampden, continuing his frankly abysmal record of one win in 8 against them, this place will explode. 

It's starting...

MarkDevriesScores4

Hibs were poor and actually lucky yesterday. They are there for the taking. 

hearts are underdogs. That comes with the territory of being a division below and having played far fewer games than them.

in all honesty, this cup getting played out is purely for Celtic’s benefit. If they were knocked out in the quarters, they would have pulled it with the league. No doubt about that.

i expect hearts to put in a strong performance and hopefully win but I also won’t get on Neilson’s back if we don’t come through. The competition is a farce and our focus is the league this year in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

hearts are underdogs. That comes with the territory of being a division below and having played far fewer games than them.

in all honesty, this cup getting played out is purely for Celtic’s benefit. If they were knocked out in the quarters, they would have pulled it with the league. No doubt about that.

i expect hearts to put in a strong performance and hopefully win but I also won’t get on Neilson’s back if we don’t come through. inioThe competition is a farce and our focus is the league this year in my opn.

Spot on

Edited by Hector Riva

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I know as for all of the players who could have been injured yesterday it had to be Lewis Stevenson which will actually strengthen them by him not playing! 

We will need to exploit the youngster that replaces him, we must surely know Doigs weaknesses. 

steinbeckjambo1874
21 hours ago, Mister T said:

He's mince but as their whole back line is suspect it won't make any difference. 

Fair point! 😁 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A game we could be done without in truth. 

Low expectations given the unique circumstances and as far as derbies go, this one is low down my list. Ridiculous the game is even being played 

44 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A game we could be done without in truth. 

Low expectations given the unique circumstances and as far as derbies go, this one is low down my list. Ridiculous the game is even being played 

Agreed SG, but it is getting played and we should be on a hiding to nothing given that Hibs have had a lot more match practice, are a league above us and have started the season well, but it's a derby so that evens things up a bit. No reason why we can't win this even if we are the underdogs. All the pressure will be on Hibs after all as their fans will implode if they don't win given how good they think they are and how crap they think we are.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many Hearts managers faced Hibs in these circumstances? Sensible people will maintain perspective. Idiots can explode all they want.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many Hearts managers faced Hibs in these circumstances? Sensible people will maintain perspective. Idiots can explode all they want.

Totally agree. No matter the result the idiots will still be idiots. Promotion is worth far more than the cup.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The circumstance is we have a better first team and squad than them.

It is never acceptable to lose to Hibs, especially at Hampden.  This side are also due us something special considering the past 24 months of guff that we failed to act on suitably.   You can sit and have read made excuses all you like, that's far too Hibs like. 

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Totally agree. No matter the result the idiots will still be idiots. Promotion is worth far more than the cup.

Beating Hibs at Hampden is massive for the club.  

On 24/10/2020 at 14:08, 22games nro said:

The team that voted for finishing the league early despite it costing them cash, not because they thought it the right thing to do. Because it helped expel  us . 
cant remember the various reports but I’m sure that the hobos stance took AB by surprise suggesting that LD had told her they would vote against it.

then obviously voted against reconstruction, and never came out once and gave explanations, that’s there prerogative  , but let’s never forget .

I for one will never set foot in Easter road ever again.

Hibernian were one of six Premiership sides to vote against proposals aimed at overhauling the Scottish league pyramid - potentially condemning city rivals Hearts to the second tier.

Tynecastle chief executive Ann Budge was heading up the task force examining plans to reconstruct the SPFL setup as the sides met remotely to discuss proposals.

Hibs CEO Leeann Dempster was among those to inform the Hearts chief that the club would not be backing a move to revamp the leagues in an emotional Zoom call hosted by Aberdeen’s Dave Cormack, according to the Daily Record.

Dempster previously stood down from the league reconstruction panel to focus on planning for the future of the game in Scotland in line with government guidance on the COVID-19 outbreak.

It is understood the six clubs raised concerns about a cut in cash payments should the leagues be expanded, with moves to increase the number of teams in the division from 12 to 14 discussed.

FWIW I didn't support my clubs decision, the season should have been mothballed and we all know why it wasn't. It was a certain 10 in a row bid. I would love to have seen a bigger top flight with us only playing each other home and away, just like the good old days. Alas those days are gone and money and tv dictate.

16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Beating Hibs at Hampden is massive for the club.  

For fans yes, for Club winning promotion is far mor important.

Just now, OldGorgie said:

For the goodwill the fans have graced the club having sat through misery for three years, this team, this management and this Chairman owe us something. There's no excuse for losing next week.  

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I think your CEO was over-ruled by your owner Joe as he thought Hearts  being demoted would give hibs a chance to be top dog in Edinburgh. 

I don't really have a problem with that to be honest. The clubs should do community things together but other than that maintain a healthy disregard for each other.  Budge and Dempster were getting a bit too cosy but hopefully that ended when Dempster was forced to backtrack and voted to demote Hearts.

You could well be right, Barney, fans saying they wouldn't go back didn't help either. I agree with you to a point with the Dempster, Budge love in, that's women for you though haha.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, 1953 said:

Agreed SG, but it is getting played and we should be on a hiding to nothing given that Hibs have had a lot more match practice, are a league above us and have started the season well, but it's a derby so that evens things up a bit. No reason why we can't win this even if we are the underdogs. All the pressure will be on Hibs after all as their fans will implode if they don't win given how good they think they are and how crap they think we are.

Agree,  excellent reasons for taking the game on 

4 hours ago, 1953 said:

Well said 1953.I can’t wait 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

The circumstance is we have a better first team and squad than them.

It is never acceptable to lose to Hibs, especially at Hampden.  This side are also due us something special considering the past 24 months of guff that we failed to act on suitably.   You can sit and have read made excuses all you like, that's far too Hibs like. 

Being realistic is not Hibs-like at all. They are known for getting totally carried away with a few wins. I expect us to beat them no matter who is favourites on the day. We smashed the team top of the Championshp with our reserves then laboured a win over the Championship's bottom team. Who knows how we'll play but it's not the make or break game some tossers are making it out to be.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

If the club’s promotion bid is going to be derailed by putting in a massive effort to win the semi-final next Saturday, we should probably call it a day now and take up tiddlywinks. Winning the league and last season’s Cup should not be regarded as either/or. I realise the circumstances surrounding the semi-final are highly irregular, but the history books won’t pay any attention to that. The reality is that we’re 180 minutes away from winning our fourth piece of major silverware since the 1960s.

I hope the club is going into this all guns blazing.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Being realistic is not Hibs-like at all. They are known for getting totally carried away with a few wins. I expect us to beat them no matter who is favourites on the day. We smashed the team top of the Championshp with our reserves then laboured a win over the Championship's bottom team. Who knows how we'll play but it's not the make or break game some tossers are making it out to be.

Why on earth do you have to group some fans you don't agree with as tossers, while grouping them to avoid being reprimanded on here because it's not an individual poster?

Pretty cowardly tbh.

Who’s getting excited about this Saturday all ready I know I am. Come on Hearts we might be a league below them but let’s just put them back in there wee holes again show them we are still the number 1 only team in Edinburgh come on the Gorgie. FTH 

Doctor FinnBarr
9 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

i expect hearts to put in a strong performance and hopefully win but I also won’t get on Neilson’s back if we don’t come through. The competition is a farce and our focus is the league this year in my opinion.

That we all know. Whilst I'm pleased I'm off next weekend and able to watch the game NOTHING and I mean NOTHING would please me more if we told the SFA to GTF and pulled out the competition. Eff them

19 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

Who’s getting excited about this Saturday all ready I know I am. Come on Hearts we might be a league below them but let’s just put them back in there wee holes again show them we are still the number 1 only team in Edinburgh come on the Gorgie. FTH 

This post is a competition, yes?

On 24/10/2020 at 14:08, 22games nro said:

The team that voted for finishing the league early despite it costing them cash, not because they thought it the right thing to do. Because it helped expel  us . 
cant remember the various reports but I’m sure that the hobos stance took AB by surprise suggesting that LD had told her they would vote against it.

then obviously voted against reconstruction, and never came out once and gave explanations, that’s there prerogative  , but let’s never forget .

I for one will never set foot in Easter road ever again.

Hibernian were one of six Premiership sides to vote against proposals aimed at overhauling the Scottish league pyramid - potentially condemning city rivals Hearts to the second tier.

Tynecastle chief executive Ann Budge was heading up the task force examining plans to reconstruct the SPFL setup as the sides met remotely to discuss proposals.

Hibs CEO Leeann Dempster was among those to inform the Hearts chief that the club would not be backing a move to revamp the leagues in an emotional Zoom call hosted by Aberdeen’s Dave Cormack, according to the Daily Record.

Dempster previously stood down from the league reconstruction panel to focus on planning for the future of the game in Scotland in line with government guidance on the COVID-19 outbreak.

It is understood the six clubs raised concerns about a cut in cash payments should the leagues be expanded, with moves to increase the number of teams in the division from 12 to 14 discussed.

Neither will I but unfortunately other fans will 

On 24/10/2020 at 11:35, AC Mallin_51 said:

Must say my nerves have really started to kick in today, I think because the game was pushed back so far it felt like it was never going to come. Don’t get me wrong I have a good feeling about it. Cmon the Gorgie! 🇱🇻

Don't worry about it. Any PHM goes into a derby knowing that we will win. This excuse they have after yet another pumping of 'they wanted it more' is their way of comforting themselves and making it sound like there isn't a reason we've won more derbies at the shitpit than them. 

Robbie is a PHM, and he will make sure that the entire dressing room knows what we have since 1874, losing against them is simply unacceptable. 

I see another Hampden raping on the cards. I don't want us 4 up and stepping off the pedal. I want them dead and buried. Make no mistake, when we win this game, its over for them. Its done. The end. No more continues. Game over.

HHGH

Edited by trotter

I expect 100% plus effort from us and that should get us well over the line.

A Hearts/Biden double will be just the ticket.

Mr Brightside
21 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

One win where we scored a penalty and they missed one. Four losses and three draws, 50% lose ratio seeing as everyone likes to bring up win ratios 12.5%. Awful record and one that needs to change starting next week. 

Neilson only lost twice to Hibs. Once a dead rubber in the Championship and then the cup replay. He has also only won once which isn’t great.

Also, I am sure he has only managed us 4 times against them. Four games in the Championship and 2 cup games.

Edited by Mr Brightside

Doctor FinnBarr
27 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Neilson only lost twice to Hibs. Once a dead rubber in the Championship and then the cup replay. He has also only won once which isn’t great.

Also, I am sure he has only managed us 4 times against them. Four games in the Championship and 2 cup games.

I'm saying nowt, just look over the last sentence again.

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I'm saying nowt, just look over the last sentence again.

Yeah that should be 6 in total 🤦🏻‍♂️

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Let’s look at the games.
First one a win where we scored a wonder goal, they missed a penalty and we scored one, lucky. 
Second a wonder strike to get a draw. 
Third a wonder strike to get a draw. 
Fourth easily beaten, no such thing as a Derby dead rubber. 
Fifth a wonder strike and winning easily, poor substitutions and tactics ends in a draw. 
Sixth plays half fit Walker instead of Nicholson and Rossi gets exposed and we lose. 
Seventh and Eight for Utd last season, I said against Hibs I didn’t define derbies, draw and a loss. 
P 8, W 1, D 3, L3. 
Four absolute screamers from Nicholson, Ozturk, Walker and Djoum helped him to the awful record he currently has. 
This simply must change, there are mitigating circumstances for this semi no doubt about that, but this game and when we go back up his record has to get better or fans will be on his back. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s look at the games.
First one a win where we scored a wonder goal, they missed a penalty and we scored one, lucky. 
Fifth a wonder strike and winning easily, poor substitutions and tactics ends in a draw. 
Sixth plays half fit Walker instead of Nicholson and Rossi gets exposed and we lose. 
Seventh and Eight for Utd last season, I said against Hibs I didn’t define derbies, draw and a loss. 
P 8, W 1, D 3, L3. 
Four absolute screamers from Nicholson, Ozturk, Walker and Djoum helped him to the awful record he currently has. 
This simply must change, there are mitigating circumstances for this semi no doubt about that, but this game and when we go back up his record has to get better or fans will be on his back. 

Wonder strikes don't count :rofl:

Games in charge of another team do :rofl:

What a crock of Shit, as usual.

Mr Brightside
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s look at the games.
P 8, W 1, D 3, L3. 

I think counting games where Neilson managed Dundee Utd is a bit disingenuous.

His derby record as a manager is poor. Two defeats in 6 is ok but one win in 6 is very poor.

The positive spin on his derby record as a manger is that in 2/3 of matches he doesn’t get beat.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I think counting games where Neilson managed Dundee Utd is a bit disingenuous.

His derby record as a manager is poor. Two defeats in 6 is ok but one win in 6 is very poor.

The positive spin on his derby record as a manger is that in 2/3 of matches he doesn’t get beat.

That’s not acceptable for a Hearts manager I’m afraid, we’re constantly told about his win record but can’t criticise him for this? He’s a PHM apparently shouldn’t he get them up for games against Hibs? United had the 6th biggest budget in the country last season, Hibs 5th, they were mid table and his team were flying, barely laid a glove on them. 
Having said all that I would take a draw and a win on penalties on Saturday 😆