NEXT ...... hobos

22games nro

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s not acceptable for a Hearts manager I’m afraid, we’re constantly told about his win record but can’t criticise him for this? He’s a PHM apparently shouldn’t he get them up for games against Hibs? United had the 6th biggest budget in the country last season, Hibs 5th, they were mid table and his team were flying, barely laid a glove on them. 
Having said all that I would take a draw and a win on penalties on Saturday 😆

One win in 6 is not good enough as a derby record. No need to add in results from Dundee Utd though.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Kiwidoug

• Morgan

• jambonian

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

One win in 6 is not good enough as a derby record. No need to add in results from Dundee Utd though.

I beg to differ when both those games carry on the trend of not having his teams up for playing them. 
Happy Alim Ozturk day.

His derby record is poor but this is the first chance to start laying that to rest. Neilson is a smart individual and he will no doubt understand that most of the ill feeling at the end of his last tenure stemmed from the cup derby and particularly the replay. Judging from his post match interview comments after Friday's game he undoubtedly gets the significance of the game. Give him a chance before launching into him. 

In comparison Levein's record in derbies was very good but that in no way excused the failures of his second time in charge. 

I was having a discussion with my two nephews, both 26 years old while i am 45 years old. They both follow Hearts home and away and have done since they where old enough to travel on thier own. Both of them are honest and say they blame Robbie for Hibs winning the cup. So, it must be a generation thing because here is what i dont understand. I asked them, next season assuming we are back in the premier league would you be happy to finish 3rd, qualify for Europe, and have a good cup run in one or both of the cups. Needless to say they both looked at me like i was stupid and said of course we would accept that. I then asked them if they would still accept a 3rd place finish and a cup run if it meant during the season that we would lose three times to Hibs and get a draw in the other match. No chance they said, they would not accept a season where we did not beat Hibs regardless of league position, Europe or a cup run. This must be a generation thing because i would bite anyones hand of for a trip to Europe to follow the famous again and i would be delighted to finsh 3rd above that pile of shite from Leith regardless of our head to head results during the season. I would be interested to hear from folks of similar ages to myself and the younger generation to see if i have it all wrong and its simply all about pumping Hibs.

PS  I know the ideal situation would be us pumping those muppets 4 times every season and getting to Europe but sometimes its not always possible.

Would you accept 3rd place and a European place if it meant losing 3 times to that pile of shite or would you rather a mid table finish above that pile of shite knowing we beat them 3 times during the season?

Edited by jambo3tevie

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s look at the games.
First one a win where we scored a wonder goal, they missed a penalty and we scored one, lucky. 
Second a wonder strike to get a draw. 
Third a wonder strike to get a draw. 
Fourth easily beaten, no such thing as a Derby dead rubber. 
Fifth a wonder strike and winning easily, poor substitutions and tactics ends in a draw. 
Sixth plays half fit Walker instead of Nicholson and Rossi gets exposed and we lose. 
Seventh and Eight for Utd last season, I said against Hibs I didn’t define derbies, draw and a loss. 
P 8, W 1, D 3, L3. 
Four absolute screamers from Nicholson, Ozturk, Walker and Djoum helped him to the awful record he currently has. 
This simply must change, there are mitigating circumstances for this semi no doubt about that, but this game and when we go back up his record has to get better or fans will be on his back. 

If we lose on Saturday, but their goal is a 30 yarder in the top corner, do we still progress to the final?

Just checking

8 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

I was having a discussion with my two nephews, both 26 years old while i am 45 years old. They both follow Hearts home and away and have done since they where old enough to travel on thier own. Both of them are honest and say they blame Robbie for Hibs winning the cup. So, it must be a generation thing because here is what i dont understand. I asked them, next season assuming we are back in the premier league would you be happy to finish 3rd, qualify for Europe, and have a good cup run in one or both of the cups. Needless to say they both looked at me like i was stupid and said of course we would accept that. I then asked them if they would still accept a 3rd place finish and a cup run if it meant during the season that we would lose three times to Hibs and get a draw in the other match. No chance they said, they would not accept a season where we did not beat Hibs regardless of league position, Europe or a cup run. This must be a generation thing because i would bite anyones hand of for a trip to Europe to follow the famous again and i would be delighted to finsh 3rd above that pile of shite from Leith regardless of our head to head results during the season. I would be interested to hear from folks of similar ages to myself and the younger generation to see if i have it all wrong and its simply all about pumping Hibs.

PS  I know the ideal situation would be us pumping those muppets 4 times every season and getting to Europe but sometimes its not always possible.

Would you accept 3rd place and a European place if it meant losing 3 times to that pile of shite or would you rather a mid table finish above that pile of shite knowing we beat them 3 times during the season?

Beating Hibs is always huge for us but it's rarely season defining.  I didn't stop celebrating romping the championship because we only shared points with Hibs that season.  

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If we lose on Saturday, but their goal is a 30 yarder in the top corner, do we still progress to the final?

Just checking

Just pointing out that our goals were unusual that’s all. 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Jodami said:

His derby record is poor but this is the first chance to start laying that to rest. Neilson is a smart individual and he will no doubt understand that most of the ill feeling at the end of his last tenure stemmed from the cup derby and particularly the replay. Judging from his post match interview comments after Friday's game he undoubtedly gets the significance of the game. Give him a chance before launching into him. 

In comparison Levein's record in derbies was very good but that in no way excused the failures of his second time in charge. 

No better time to start. 

On 24/10/2020 at 16:55, Jambo_Lambo said:

Fair play! 👍

I'm right under Wayne in the famous photo. Hearts training top. The two scared looking wee laddies are my son and my mates son.

18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A game we could be done without in truth. 

Low expectations given the unique circumstances and as far as derbies go, this one is low down my list. Ridiculous the game is even being played 

I'm unsure about this game for different reasons.

1-  It shouldn't even be getting played so in that sense I couldn't give a stuff about it. One minute i'm "just let a few youngsters and fringe players play the game" Next it's " we canny let these turds win this, we need to play full strength" I just don't know.

2-  Celtic's form has been a bit iffy so we can't guarantee they'll beat Aberdeen. So do we take the chance and not play full strength, potentially lose in the hope that Celtic will hit a bit of form to beat Aberdeen then Hibs in the Final or if Aberdeen do win against Celtic will Hibs fancy their chances against the Dons more?

3- Hearts need to win this to knock Hibs' confidence and hopefully start their drop down in League placings sooner rather than later. Aberdeen or Celtic in the Final....doesn't really matter, we would be there, they wouldn't be. Job done win or lose by Hearts in the Final. Win...amazing under the circumstances, lose...oh well, not expected to win it anyway. At least Hibs weren't there with that chance.

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 23:27, j1964m said:

Remember the 4-0 semi-final at hampden going along the motorway and on the bridges flags and banners from hearts fans to let the players know what a big game it was be good to do that again for the players to see on there way to Glasgow

Jambo-4-eva dissaproves of this post

not good

3 hours ago, euan 10 said:

No it’s about being the only team in Edinburgh beating the hibs scum 

Thanks.  👍

I couldn’t quite follow your post last night.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just pointing out that our goals were unusual that’s all. 

I know!!

His record isn't good enough frankly. We should be going in to derbies to control the game quite simply by outrunning, outfighting and being more professional than them.

Robbie was so so Conservative against them. They just werent what we expect from Hearts in derbies. Cautious, respectful almost.

He'll have learnt. Are the players capable and up for it? We'll find oot!!!

manaliveits105
19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

We are doomed anyway...Big Eck said hubz will be too much for us. 🙄

Just watched that  the auld soak has spoken - if that doesn’t give us confidence nothing will 

So does anyone know much about this amazing Hibs team? I've seen them confident But never like this. Sounds to me like we'll be lucky to get out of Hampden without conceding 10! To strong all over the park, Joe Newell is the new messi apparently? I'm yet to see much of them apart from a couple of goals.

15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just watched that  the auld soak has spoken - if that doesn’t give us confidence nothing will 

Probably still thinks he's their manager, no sure he'd know his own name these days.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, jambonian said:

I'm unsure about this game for different reasons.

1-  It shouldn't even be getting played so in that sense I couldn't give a stuff about it. One minute i'm "just let a few youngsters and fringe players play the game" Next it's " we canny let these turds win this, we need to play full strength" I just don't know.

2-  Celtic's form has been a bit iffy so we can't guarantee they'll beat Aberdeen. So do we take the chance and not play full strength, potentially lose in the hope that Celtic will hit a bit of form to beat Aberdeen then Hibs in the Final or if Aberdeen do win against Celtic will Hibs fancy their chances against the Dons more?

3- Hearts need to win this to knock Hibs' confidence and hopefully start their drop down in League placings sooner rather than later. Aberdeen or Celtic in the Final....doesn't really matter, we would be there, they wouldn't be. Job done win or lose by Hearts in the Final. Win...amazing under the circumstances, lose...oh well, not expected to win it anyway. At least Hibs weren't there with that chance.

Another part of me saying what is the point if you can't be at games like these. League I can handle,  big cup ties without fans are lost for me 

One thing we've had to become accustomed to is inconsistent individual performances.  An example is Walker.  Reportedly excellent against Dundee, pedestrian against Arbroath.  Let's hope that everyone who lines up plays to their ability.

It's only Hibs we're playing.  Not Motherwell or livigston.

We play well, we win comfortably.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I know!!

His record isn't good enough frankly. We should be going in to derbies to control the game quite simply by outrunning, outfighting and being more professional than them.

Robbie was so so Conservative against them. They just werent what we expect from Hearts in derbies. Cautious, respectful almost.

He'll have learnt. Are the players capable and up for it? We'll find oot!!!

Let’s hope so, he surely can’t think his strategy was good enough in the past. Can’t wait. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Probably still thinks he's their manager, no sure he'd know his own name these days.

Can barely string a sentence together, I thought it when he was Scotland manager that it wouldn’t be a big surprise to hear in the near future that he’s got dementia. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s hope so, he surely can’t think his strategy was good enough in the past. Can’t wait. 

I just hope we're not too considered. Go out, win your tackles, want the ball, be brave. That's about it really.

Kind of!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

So does anyone know much about this amazing Hibs team? I've seen them confident But never like this. Sounds to me like we'll be lucky to get out of Hampden without conceding 10! To strong all over the park, Joe Newell is the new messi apparently? I'm yet to see much of them apart from a couple of goals.

Seen them a few times, just because I knew we were playing them. They’ve mostly played with Boyle at RWB but moved him forward against Killie. Doig has been at LWB but Stevenson played on Saturday in a back four, he was injured though so they may go back to a three. Nesbit likes to get about and run the channels, he’s quick. Nobody else has caught they eye. Marciano is a weak link. 

They started off beating Killie where the GK sold the goals and they should’ve had a penalty against them. They beat St Midden with a hand ball goal and Porteous basically grabbing the ball with both hands and not being given a penalty against them, Collum was ref. They beat St Johnstone with an offside goal. Their penalty on Saturday was a joke. 
They’ve carried so much luck so far I’m hopeful it runs out this weekend. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I just hope we're not too considered. Go out, win your tackles, want the ball, be brave. That's about it really.

Kind of!

It’s the basics that have served us so well. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Far to many thinking beating Hobos is all that matters. The only important thing is getting promotion. A cup semi win is a bonus.

Yeah awful games like Arbroath away are getting the juices flowing right enough, it’s not being greedy in the slightest to want promotion and win to this game. 

I honestly think we'll win.

Just look at our signings. Kingsley and Gordon are significantly better then any of the dross they've signed this summer.

We are arguably the 4th strongest side in Scotland at the moment.

2-1 Hearts

Very surprised with some of the odds going about. Was very much expecting hibs to be pretty clear favourites. Paddy Power actually have us as slight favourites. HHGH 🇱🇻

C793FAC2-789C-452B-865A-DBA433E459AA.png

I trust that our players are having the following drilled into them this week.

They wanted us deid.

They wanted us expelled.

Smash them to absolute pulp.

Their pace is obviously a bonus for them.  Their defence is their weakest link. Shoot on sight Hearts and they will let one in soon enough. Wind that animal Porteus up no end and he’ll get a red.  Go through Boyle like a sledgehammer and half their attacking threat is gone.

And remind ourselves that these sister lovers wanted us dead and buried. FTH 

Edited by 1971fozzy

11 hours ago, Rudy T said:

We've blown hot and cold since the start of the season carrying a lot of luck.

Killie H  2-1 hung on for dear life after going 2 up and lucky to get the win.

Livi   A  4-1 best performance of the season and could have been more.

Utd   A  1-0 bore fest won with a great strike, draw probably a fair result.

Well  H  0-0 Bossed by what looked like a good Well team, lucky to salvage a point.  Disallowed goal went our way.

St J  A   1-0 Another lucky result another disallowed goal went our way, won with a last minute pen.

Aber  H  0-1 First bit of bad luck this season, outplayed them for 20 minutes went behind to a penalty and never looked like scoring afterwards. should have been at least 2 up before they scored though. Deserved a point I thought.

St M  A  3-0 Blew them away  early doors similar to the Livi game.

Gers  H 2-2  Great game end to end but probably lucky to get the point in the end.

Cel    A 0-3  Usual insipid display at darkhead.

Ham  H 3-2  Should and could have been 5 or 6 up and ended up scraping a win, the soft underbelly rearing it's ugly head again.

Ross  A 0-0  Boyle missed sitters and should have been a win.

Killie  A 1-0  Have to say another lucky 3 points, draw would have been a fair result.

Overall looking at all those games and I've watched them all at least twice my points total would have us on 17 not 24. They say good teams carry that bit luck and I'm hoping that's the case with us. If  Newell and Nisbet  turnsup I firmly believe we win ,but it's Hibs v Hearts and my confidence going into these games is never more than 50/50 no matter how well we're playing. The last 2 derbies at ER reiterated that viewpoint.

On 24/10/2020 at 14:08, 22games nro said:

The team that voted for finishing the league early despite it costing them cash, not because they thought it the right thing to do. Because it helped expel  us . 
cant remember the various reports but I’m sure that the hobos stance took AB by surprise suggesting that LD had told her they would vote against it.

then obviously voted against reconstruction, and never came out once and gave explanations, that’s there prerogative  , but let’s never forget .

I for one will never set foot in Easter road ever again.

Hibernian were one of six Premiership sides to vote against proposals aimed at overhauling the Scottish league pyramid - potentially condemning city rivals Hearts to the second tier.

Tynecastle chief executive Ann Budge was heading up the task force examining plans to reconstruct the SPFL setup as the sides met remotely to discuss proposals.

Hibs CEO Leeann Dempster was among those to inform the Hearts chief that the club would not be backing a move to revamp the leagues in an emotional Zoom call hosted by Aberdeen’s Dave Cormack, according to the Daily Record.

Dempster previously stood down from the league reconstruction panel to focus on planning for the future of the game in Scotland in line with government guidance on the COVID-19 outbreak.

It is understood the six clubs raised concerns about a cut in cash payments should the leagues be expanded, with moves to increase the number of teams in the division from 12 to 14 discussed.

Hopefully it has taught Budge not to cosy up with other teams and concentrate purely on us. **** them all. Then perhaps she could put our fans first, that would be something.

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Let’s look at the games.
First one a win where we scored a wonder goal, they missed a penalty and we scored one, lucky. 
Second a wonder strike to get a draw. 
Third a wonder strike to get a draw. 
Fourth easily beaten, no such thing as a Derby dead rubber. 
Fifth a wonder strike and winning easily, poor substitutions and tactics ends in a draw. 
Sixth plays half fit Walker instead of Nicholson and Rossi gets exposed and we lose. 
Seventh and Eight for Utd last season, I said against Hibs I didn’t define derbies, draw and a loss. 
P 8, W 1, D 3, L3. 
Four absolute screamers from Nicholson, Ozturk, Walker and Djoum helped him to the awful record he currently has. 
This simply must change, there are mitigating circumstances for this semi no doubt about that, but this game and when we go back up his record has to get better or fans will be on his back. 

Can see you are ramping up the seethe levels for a monumental hissy fit if we lose on Saturday. 

Plane ordered = check 

Banners made = check

Copious derogatory posts written in preperation for Saturday night = check

I'm only joking but for this one match I would feel more confident with CL in charge. 😏

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Can see you are ramping up the seethe levels for a monumental hissy fit if we lose on Saturday. 

Plane ordered = check 

Banners made = check

Copious derogatory posts written in preperation for Saturday night = check

I'm only joking but for this one match I would feel more confident with CL in charge. 😏

CL definitely had a good derby record, not sure why but Neilson doesn’t seem to have seen it in the same way. 
Let’s hope we win and we can all celebrate in our houses and get steaming 😂😆

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neilson's record against them is pretty dire. I won't be expecting to beat them on Saturday, he's too soft but if the players can be up for it, it's possible. Robbie's played in enough of them and should know better. A few of the new players don't know what an Edinburgh derby is about and without any atmosphere in the stadium they may treat it as just another game. Get Lockie and Jeffries in to training this week, not to take it but to drum into the players how important this game is. Scream in their faces if they have to (with a mask on, obviously!) and let them know what it's about. Let them hear and watch the atmosphere in the stadiums against them. Old footage of goals gone by, De Vries, Hartley, Foster, Robbo, Skacel, Kyle, the 2006 semi, the 2012 Final, anything as long as they get it into their heads.

7 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Far to many thinking beating Hobos is all that matters. The only important thing is getting promotion. A cup semi win is a bonus.

To be honest if it had been anyone other than Hibs then i don't think we'd be as bothered by it, win or lose. 

It's a difficult one. Yes, the League is far more important, but the thought of them getting to another final with a (let's be honest) fair chance of winning it given Celtic's recent form is too much of a no-no, therefore fans want to make sure they don't get that chance to do so. Even Aberdeen will fancy their chance at beating Celtic in the semi and who would Hibs rather play given the choice? Can we take the risk of a Hibs win if Aberdeen get through? Win this, it builds confidence in the players to get in about the rest of the Championship games for the rest of the season. The Cup Final (if we were to get there) is then a bonus, and a win or loss becomes....meh!

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Neilson's record against them is pretty dire. I won't be expecting to beat them on Saturday, he's too soft but if the players can be up for it, it's possible. Robbie's played in enough of them and should know better. A few of the new players don't know what an Edinburgh derby is about and without any atmosphere in the stadium they may treat it as just another game. Get Lockie and Jeffries in to training this week, not to take it but to drum into the players how important this game is. Scream in their faces if they have to (with a mask on, obviously!) and let them know what it's about. Let them hear and watch the atmosphere in the stadiums against them. Old footage of goals gone by, De Vries, Hartley, Foster, Robbo, Skacel, Kyle, the 2006 semi, the 2012 Final, anything as long as they get it into their heads.

Got me up for it just reading that, JJ and Locke around the team this week would definitely help with the new guys. 
Maybe even on the bus on the way through with old games on tv, or a pro r try all before the go out onto the pitch. 

This has been the sole focus for our players since we were allowed back to train. Make no mistake, these players are up for this game. They are buzzing for this game. You'll see that on Saturday at 5pm.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 26/10/2020 at 11:24, Mr Brightside said:

I think counting games where Neilson managed Dundee Utd is a bit disingenuous.

His derby record as a manager is poor. Two defeats in 6 is ok but one win in 6 is very poor.

The positive spin on his derby record as a manger is that in 2/3 of matches he doesn’t get beat.

I’d take a draw and penalties here IMO

On pens we’d pump them

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 26/10/2020 at 13:24, jambo3tevie said:

As long as Hibs didn’t finish 2nd I don’t care how we finish above them in the league as long as we do.

We aren’t defined by our results against Hibs (as they are in games against us) there is a bigger picture - being more successsful than them generally.