Boyce puzzle

kingantti1874

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

When will the strikers learn to time their run to the front post?

A lost art, the last person that did it was Calum Elliot strangely enough. Let’s hope the improved coaching will help. 

15 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He’s snatching at chances just now. 

His all round play is ok but his finishing is currently Ucheish.

Frankly he has been disappointing since he came to Hearts. He needs a couple of goals from open play to get his mojo back.

He had no choice but to drop deep against Arbroath - in fact we’re lucky he was intelligent enough to do it. He can’t work with big punts up the park. With no Ginnelly or Roberts giving us that wide outball and creating opportunities for him he’s come deep the take some control.

All this about Boyce snatching and not being a finisher!!!

He's a goalscorer. His movement, how he tries to finish, how calm he is. His past record ffs!!!

Yeah he blasted that one he could've lobbed but generally he does the right thing. His one which went past the post when he'd just had one blocked having made himself shoot g space was massively unlucky. It was 5 seconds which showed hes a finisher. They sometimes go wide is all. Sometimes Harry Lane knocks it wide.

Our job is to get him on the ball in the most dangerous areas

8 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This years Connor Washington 

Agree. No chance of him getting anywhere near 20, unless they are all penalties.

23 hours ago, TheBigO said:

He's a goalscorer. His movement, how he tries to finish, how calm he is. His past record ffs!!!

Yeah he blasted that one he could've lobbed but generally he does the right thing. His one which went past the post when he'd just had one blocked having made himself shoot g space was massively unlucky. It was 5 seconds which showed hes a finisher. They sometimes go wide is all. Sometimes Harry Lane knocks it wide.

Boyce IS a finisher but he has been snatching at his chances - his goal scoring record since he came to Hearts would suggest that.

He needs a goal to get his mojo back and Saturday will be the time to do it! 👍

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Boyce IS a finisher but he has been snatching at his chances - his goal scoring record since he came to Hearts would suggest that.

He needs a goal to get his mojo back and Saturday will be the time to do it! 👍

Defo! That would do it!

I genuinely don't think he has been overly snatching. I do t think we make enough clearcut chances. Haven't for years. Big reason why Gino such a big miss this weekend.

I want Irving there to feed balls in to Boyce centrally and we nerd to find width from somewhere. Feed Boyce regularly, he'll score.

I'd say most chances he gets, he creates. How often do Hearts strikers get the chance of a one touch finish? That's what we need imo.

willie wallace

He could do with getting a little help at times.

Too often he his on his own and with our central midfielders unlikely to be  driving forward quickly maybe it is time for Naismith to get a chance link up with Boyce especially against Hibs.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If he can get about 15 goals and play the kind of link up role that someone like Jankauskas used to do then we could see a good tally of goals from players like Walker, Wighton and others who play off him.

This season is going to be about team work and not only counting on one player to score bulk of the goals. We suffered when Lafferty left as we didn't have others around to make up the difference!

His shot past the post was very close.  Won and scored a pen last week in his first appearance.  Will start worrying if he hasn't scored a few in a month or so.

I’m not worrying about Boyce. Had a few sloppy moments on Friday night, bad passes etc but in general you can see his ability at holding the ball up and just his over all intelligence. As someone said, I’m sure he will score at least 15 goals and will contribute a lot more in terms of assists and bringing players into the game which will contribute to everything we do attacking wise. He is a very good football player and is a good finisher, has scored goals wherever he’s been and will continue to do so for us especially in the championship 

On 24/10/2020 at 10:26, colinmaroon said:

Oh for Drew Busby and Willie Gibson.

Interesting re WG, he knew where the goals were but that aside dont remember him being a great player but you dont have to be if you score all else overlooked.

So for those who still doubt our CW just remember (if you can!) WG, he got pelters at times but could score.

You dont have to be great but if you score you become great.....if that makes sense.

Boyce is a qualtity player. Even the best strikers in the game go through dry spells. It'll click for him and he'll end up with 20+ goal involvements this season.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

It's a shame football has changed so much nowadays. Back in the 80s, out top teams had an out and out goal-scorer and most seasons, they were the top scorers in their team. We had John Robertson, Rangers - Ally McCoist, Celtic - Frank McAvennie, Dundee Utd- Paul Sturrock, Aberdeen - Eric Black, Dundee - Billy Dodds, Motherwell - Andy Walker are examples of it. Strikers are so hard to get now as so many clubs are looking for the same thing. But they all cost big money now. There isn't the loyalty of staying with a club like it was back then. Can you imagine a Paul Sturrock nowadays!? He'd be on the road down to Celtic Park or Ibrox without a wave or goodbye to his old club.

This is why we have to be smarter than our competitors in this day and age. We have to get top scorers from lower clubs no matter who they are and just hope that it pays off. Regardless of what folk think of him, we should've taken the chance with Shankland for example when it was there. If it had worked, great, if it didn't, we move on. All about taking that risk/chance. Hibs managed to get Nisbet in and the rest of us (out-with the old squirm) have to watch as he bags a few goals for them. I don't know how it'll pan out for that forward that Raith have, the guy that scored against us, Duku i think he's called..but that goal was top quality leaving the keeper no chance. A player (for me) worth keeping an eye on and if he scores regularly you can bet the Hibs and Aberdeens of this world will be in for him.

4 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Interesting re WG, he knew where the goals were but that aside dont remember him being a great player but you dont have to be if you score all else overlooked.

So for those who still doubt our CW just remember (if you can!) WG, he got pelters at times but could score.

You dont have to be great but if you score you become great.....if that makes sense.

Having seen Willie every week, it makes perfect sense.  

I'll never forget how he managed to hook the ball OFF Ayr Utd's goal line at Somerset Park!!!

Boyce will score again as soon as his hair is back😁 Just kidding of course as I think he's a terrific team player but a goal or two against those who shall not be named isn't too much to ask for🤞

I like Boyce as an out and out number 9  however at the moment it has to be said that wighton is the man in form, That finish on the weekend was real class, I wouldn't mind seeing the two of them partner each other up top, For some reason I feel like it might just work.

Anyway I'm sure Boyce will start banging them in soon, he is 100% a quality player.

On 25/10/2020 at 09:20, TheBigO said:

This

On 27/10/2020 at 07:07, Ainsley Harriott said:

I think our midfield being poor against Arbroath is the reason he kept dropping as deep to get on the ball

And this