Semi final

jamborich

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s maybe not quite right to say this given the significance of  this match and who we are playing, but the long term objective(or one of them) is to engrain back into Hearts the belief they can take the game to the opposition, and we must see it in this game, win or lose. 

I think RN is getting there slowly and it will take time. It’ll also take gradual personnel changes as we go along. But I hope he’s gagging on this. Gagging to see the team play with the freedom and openness we did against Dundee....and I hope that’s what he’s working at this week. 

Couldn't disagree more. I couldn't give a flying fluk how we get the job done in a SC semi against our bitterest rivals. It doesn't matter a jot how we get there, as long as we get there. I'll take battered for 89 minutes with a backs to the wall hoof fest if it means turning them over.

Saturday won't be about a silky, free flowing, total football exhibition. It'll be a battle. 

There's plenty time to learn to play an expansive, exciting brand of attacking football against inferior teams throughout this championship campaign. A Scottish cup semi against them, isn't that time.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• JoeHarper

• jamborich

On 25/10/2020 at 18:15, TynieGaffer86 said:

We will have to stop Boyle and Nisbet, the rest of the Hibs team bang average at best. 

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Popescu

Halkett

Haring

Halliday

Naismith

Roberts 

Walker

Boyce

I don’t think Robbie will go with this team selection, but I would attack, have a go at them, using the wide spaces of Hampden 🇱🇻

Like that line up a lot

Dont think there’s any chance we will play 3 at the back. In fact a massive advantage for us on Saturday will be our 4-2-3-1 formation. Hibs full backs are pish, their centre mids are worse. Ross has to play with 2 strikers and wide men. My prediction is that he plays a 4-4-2 and we out number them and out play them in midfield. Win the midfield and win the game. 

3 hours ago, JoeHarper said:

What 5-1 you talking about? Was at Tynecastle for the De Vries derby aye, and the 4-0. I actually watched the invasion with head in hands thinking like most wtf are they doing to eventually walk on when invited to do so by the stewards. Ruined the day for me in a way but since have come to quite like watching it.

And yep, I was at the other 5-1 and actually sat till the bitter end.

I feel genuinely sorry for you.  I have just become accustomed to one success after another in these bigger games and pretty much take them for granted now.

42 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Popescu Kingsley

Haring Irving

Roberts Walker Wighton

Boyce

Can easily be turned into a 4-4-2 without making a sub

With Naisy as sub in the 90th to pop up and score the winner after being battered for 89 mins.

I have no confidence in our defence at all and see us conceding at least 1 so do i see us scoring 2-3 no not really.

Game comes at the wrong time and its a farce we are even playing it.

4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Sorry but that’s a pile of pish. 

Ha...yes, quite probable...it’s just my opinion though.

I have argued since March that the titles awarded last season were tainted due to the retrospective rule changes required, the pandering to one particular club and the blinkered focus on financial benefit over reasonable sporting integrity. I view last seasons Scottish Cup in the same way. The only difference being for the league they contrived to end it early, in the cup they contrived to end it late.

As I said earlier I will gladly take the trophy as a ‘get it up ye’ but I honestly believe the authorities have compromised last seasons cup to a level where I personally don’t believe that winning it will “count” in the same category as a regular Scottish Cup.

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I have no confidence in our defence at all and see us conceding at least 1 so do i see us scoring 2-3 no not really.

Game comes at the wrong time and its a farce we are even playing it.

I feel that our team is not quite there yet be it match sharpness or not knowing our best starting 11/having them available. 

I'm intrigued to know how you will feel if we get beat? I think Robbie is potentially on a hiding to nothing with this game. 

27 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

I feel that our team is not quite there yet be it match sharpness or not knowing our best starting 11/having them available. 

I'm intrigued to know how you will feel if we get beat? I think Robbie is potentially on a hiding to nothing with this game. 

I’ll be annoyed as any of us but i have a bit of sympathy with the circumstances and where we are so as long as the team get stuck in then im not going to hold onto this result long.

Agree about RN as a certain group of our support hold him responsible for Hibs winning the cup and wont let that go.

Edited by Jamboelite

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Are they taking flags to lay out across each half of the ground or is this going to be a bare and dire Hampden?

Usual bare and dire i imagine.

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I’ll be annoyed as any of us but i have a bit of sympathy with the circumstances and where we are so as long as the team get stuck in then im not going to hold onto this result long.

Agree about RN as a certain group

of our support hold him responsible for Hibs winning the cup and wont let that go.

Sounds like we're on the same level. I don't want to lose and I'll be in a right fettle if we get beat. 

I think that thought process of the hibs Cup win ridiculous. Can't get my head round it. 

3 hours ago, JyTees said:

Couldn't disagree more. I couldn't give a flying fluk how we get the job done in a SC semi against our bitterest rivals. It doesn't matter a jot how we get there, as long as we get there. I'll take battered for 89 minutes with a backs to the wall hoof fest if it means turning them over.

Saturday won't be about a silky, free flowing, total football exhibition. It'll be a battle. 

There's plenty time to learn to play an expansive, exciting brand of attacking football against inferior teams throughout this championship campaign. A Scottish cup semi against them, isn't that time.

I’m on that bus , always, but I think this team isn’t at a level like past sides that it can play quite shite and win. I think people don’t realise how much work needs done at Hearts. Especially it’s mentality.  

And that’s my point. It needs confidence from the manager. It needs to have the belief it can take the game to the opposition in a significant match and win. For too long Levein prattled on about “it’s just about getting results” and game to game they never came. Longer and longer we couldn’t win.  He never once said performances matter, standards matter, and it showed. The players didn’t look confident or had belief in what they were doing.  They weren’t handed a platform.  

This team needs to work towards consistency. Starting on Saturday. Get a big result and it may be a small step back to the old JTs we like to know.

FTH.  

Regal Kingston

Gordon

Smith - Popescu - Halkett - Kingsley

Haring - Halliday/Irving

Naismith/Walker 

Wighton - Boyce - Roberts 

5 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

So is Josh G defo out? 

I would imagine with that type of muscle injury it will be Friday before anyone knows for sure.  I just hope the silence indicates he has a chance.  

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Quite amazed we're actually favourites with some bookies for this game. 

Even the bookies know hibs are still pish. 

12 hours ago, jambonian said:

A lot of folk tend to go on about the famous 22 (or was it 23?) game unbeaten run against Hibs but, we also went (i think) 17 games unbeaten between 1983 and 1989. I remember an interview many years ago with Alex MacDonald. He was asked why he thought Hearts had such a hold over the Edinburgh derby while he was there, his answer was short and sweet...."simple, we just didnae like them!" No muckin about, just out with it.

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should have not liked every team as much then tbh, would have won more trophies. 

Too many times we'd beat hibs, then a week later some shite would turn us over. 

It's all Alex MacDonald's fault. Oh wait......

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

"We've also only  won 3 Cups in over 50 years"

So, it's not just Alex MacDonald's fault?  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

3-1 ♥️'s

LINEUP111603805873813.png

Walker is no use there imo. 

He's in behind the striker or on the bench for me. 

I like the wee screen shot thing tho, quality 👍

On 26/10/2020 at 13:31, Rods said:

86 in the username is a big giveaway.

You would think Hibs fans would have thier own heroes( cup winners etc) instead they hang onto Albert Kidd like tramps round chips. I suppose its an insight into their wee team mentality.

Or, and here's something wild that will just blow some people's mind on here, 86 might, just MIGHT, be the year some people are born?... 

Nah, no one born in 86 could ever be a hearts supporter. Must be a Hibs fan, great argument

On 26/10/2020 at 19:33, DS98 said:

Dont think there’s any chance we will play 3 at the back. In fact a massive advantage for us on Saturday will be our 4-2-3-1 formation. Hibs full backs are pish, their centre mids are worse. Ross has to play with 2 strikers and wide men. My prediction is that he plays a 4-4-2 and we out number them and out play them in midfield. Win the midfield and win the game. 

Mmmm. Like your thoughts

On 24/10/2020 at 00:28, hearts00 said:

No pace, no legs. No width. A half fit central mid fielder. 

Would not be confident with that team at Hampden. 

Are you for real....some Jambo, would not want to be in the trenches with you.