Semi final

jamborich

TynieGaffer86

We will have to stop Boyle and Nisbet, the rest of the Hibs team bang average at best. 

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Popescu

Halkett

Haring

Halliday

Naismith

Roberts 

Walker

Boyce

I don’t think Robbie will go with this team selection, but I would attack, have a go at them, using the wide spaces of Hampden 🇱🇻

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• JoeHarper

• jamborich

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If it goes the other way it will conclude a truly utter shite 2 years. 

If it goes that way hopefully celtic get a grip and turn up. 🙄

We'd have won the lc by then so all not bad either way. 👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

15 minutes ago, TynieGaffer86 said:

We will have to stop Boyle and Nisbet, the rest of the Hibs team bang average at best. 

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Popescu

Halkett

Haring

Halliday

Naismith

Roberts 

Walker

Boyce

I don’t think Robbie will go with this team selection, but I would attack, have a go at them, using the wide spaces of Hampden 🇱🇻

I hope Neilson thinks the same, ignore super Joe at your peril my friend.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, the beauty of playing first is either want a sheep win the next day or Celtic to get their shit in gear. 

I've never seen us win the LC so it would be a pleasant change. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Joe Newell is gash.  

Not sure on that. Watched a bit of him on Alba last night and he was their best player. Robbie has to keep it tight and nullify the pace they have. I hope Murphy doesnt start also in that respect. Mallan is gash and will make them weaker.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Aye, the beauty of playing first is either want a sheep win the next day or Celtic to get their shit in gear. 

I've never seen us win the LC so it would be a pleasant change. 

**** aye, if we're cheering  celtic on Sunday it's been a shite weekend all round. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

**** aye, if we're cheering  celtic on Sunday it's been a shite weekend all round. 

Cheering on Celtic and the huns on the day after losing to they ***** I'll be avoiding football for a little while I think. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Cheering on Celtic and the huns on the day after losing to they ***** I'll be avoiding football for a little while I think. 

Not happening tho👍

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Forgive my ignorance but who is super Joe ? 

Tortallani? 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Good points, and Wighton off the bench too to hit the channels and stretch tired legs. Width from the start will give us the space to play through the midfield where players like Lee or Irving can actually influence with their passing abilities.

Wighton definitely offers the ball over the top while Boyce wants the ball into his feet, a few diagonals might keep them from pushing up too much. I think it will be Lee or Irving, probably the former beside Halliday. We have options,it really put me in a bad mood when Ginnelly was injured on Friday as he would’ve torn any of their left backs apart. They’re no great shakes. 

43 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not sure on that. Watched a bit of him on Alba last night and he was their best player. Robbie has to keep it tight and nullify the pace they have. I hope Murphy doesnt start also in that respect. Mallan is gash and will make them weaker.

I agree with you about Mallan, usually posted missing unless he scores the odd screamer. I hope he's not playing, we need a bit of bite, if Murphy is fit I hope he plays.

alwaysthereinspirit

Defensively I think we’re pretty tight.

We’ve given up 3 goals in 5 meaningful games and had 3 clean sheets.

I know it’s not premier league type teams but you can only play against the teams you’re scheduled to play.

Gordon is for real which is huge for us after what we witnessed for 75% of last season.

Defenders trust who’s behind them now.

I’d like to see Irving back in. Not sure he can be as poor as he was against Dundee. He needs to start being an every game player. Hampden space could be perfect for him.

Still worried about Naismiths lack of minutes but maybe the plan lately has been to keep him for Saturday. 

Time for Boyce to show us he’s a poacher. Seems to snap at a lot of half chances. Time to take them.
Wighton off the bench for me.

Roberts in/out will determine a couple of spots I would imagine.

Didnt want us to play this game way back. Wanted us to tell the GFA to go **** themselves.

Now it’s a week away I can’t wait.

1 hour ago, TynieGaffer86 said:

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Popescu

Halkett

Haring

Halliday

Naismith

Roberts 

Walker

Boyce

actually like the idea of this team. When your looking for experience, guys who get stuck in and players who are capable at this level and producing something then they are playing. Obviously the only problem is probably playing walker or Naismith wide if playing a 4-2-3-1 which is arguably not ideal, but based on who else we have to play in that position I’d rather see Naismith or walker there, rather than frear or Moore. The only other option would be wighton who to be honest I would be happy with as well but think he could suit us being an impact sub with his energy and pace if needing something different/or a goal. 

on paper there are some very good individual players there so hopefully we can make it work. I think that’s all our best players playing who are available. Maybe harsh on Irving but I think Hallidays experience and the type of player he is maybe just edges it.

hibs will cause us problems, we have looked quite shaky at the back in all our games giving teams chances so we will need to be tighter at the back on Saturday. Also think doidge will cause us problems in the air, don’t think halkett and Popescu are as dominant as Berra for example and doidge may win his fair share so need to be switched on to the runners off him. 

buzzing for this one, hibs have been good at the back but they won’t sit in like other teams we have played, so having more space will suit us. Hopefully we can create chances and take them! We are unbeaten this season so need to play with the belief and confidence which I’m sure we will! Let’s get stuck into them!! 

7 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Irving can thread a great pass through the middle. I'd go for him and Harring

Irving has been as poor as rest of midfield this season, Haring aside. Best passers were Cochrane, then McGill imo.

Tbf to all our central midfielders, the way we set up does not suit.

Edited by Gambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, TynieGaffer86 said:

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Popescu

Halkett

Haring

Halliday

Naismith

Roberts 

Walker

Boyce

That midfield 🤣 The three least fit players right now.

Not read the whole thread but I could not care less about this game, always like to win a Derby but still playing the Cup is beyond hilarious!!

Edited by steve123

2 hours ago, TynieGaffer86 said:

Gordon

Smith

Kingsley

Popescu

Halkett

Haring

Halliday

Naismith

Roberts 

Walker

Boyce

If he goes for that as the midfield trio I’ll not even watch the game. It’s a shocking selection tbh.

TynieGaffer86
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That midfield 🤣 The three least fit players right now.

We got over run by Dundee in the second half in centre midfield with Lee and Irving, so you can imagine what Hibs can do against them. 

Experience is key. Hibs will have competitive edge over the whole Hearts team, so play your best available players.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Thigh knock. Time to man up. 

The phrase “but will he do it on a cold night in Arbroath?” did cross my mind when he got injured. I did question whether he actually ‘fancied it’

7 minutes ago, TynieGaffer86 said:

We got over run by Dundee in the second half in centre midfield with Lee and Irving, so you can imagine what Hibs can do against them. 

Experience is key. Hibs will have competitive edge over the whole Hearts team, so play your best available players.

Arguably Dorrans and Adam are a better midfield 2 than Hibs have IMO

If Roberts and Ginnelly are out and we are to opt for a line up based around fit players as opposed to our best.

Gordon

Halkett 

Haring

Popescu

Smith

Kingsley 

Irving Lee 

Walker

Boyce Naismith/Wighton 

3-5-2/5-3-2

Could see Peter come in to a back 3 again like Raith. Might allow him to manage the game and for him to step into the middle and also give us the option of width with full backs. Also allows us to play walker as the 10 and two strikers. 

If executed correctly it could work well. 

Edited by Ccjambo1874
Missed formation

Jambof3tornado
38 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Not read the whole thread but I could not care less about this game, always like to win a Derby but still playing the Cup is beyond hilarious!!

This. Win the semi great, gets one over on hibs but we arent beating celtic in a final. Also means more distraction from the league all so celtic can get a treble when in reality the competition should have been binned.

Kidd’s Boots
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Wighton definitely offers the ball over the top while Boyce wants the ball into his feet, a few diagonals might keep them from pushing up too much. I think it will be Lee or Irving, probably the former beside Halliday. We have options,it really put me in a bad mood when Ginnelly was injured on Friday as he would’ve torn any of their left backs apart. They’re no great shakes. 

👍 Hopefully the crutches were just a precaution 🙏

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

👍 Hopefully the crutches were just a precaution 🙏

Yeah that wasn’t a good look was it 🙈

16 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

If Roberts and Ginnelly are out and we are to opt for a line up based around fit players as opposed to our best.

Gordon

Halkett 

Haring

Popescu

Smith

Kingsley 

Irving Lee 

Walker

Boyce Naismith/Wighton 

3-5-2/5-3-2

Could see Peter come in to a back 3 again like Raith. Might allow him to manage the game and for him to step into the middle and also give us the option of width with full backs. Also allows us to play walker as the 10 and two strikers. 

If executed correctly it could work well. 

That's roughly the team for me, Hibs could bully us if we don't play Haring, maybe Halliday for Wighton, Boyce on his own up front, not sure if Walker fit but Gino no chance.

35 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The phrase “but will he do it on a cold night in Arbroath?” did cross my mind when he got injured. I did question whether he actually ‘fancied it’

Why didn't you just come to the (most obvious) conclusion that he was actually injured? Especially given that he was our brightest player in the opening minutes.

Kidd’s Boots
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that wasn’t a good look was it 🙈

Let's hope the review of the medical dept has been successful!!

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

That's roughly the team for me, Hibs could bully us if we don't play Haring, maybe Halliday for Wighton, Boyce on his own up front, not sure if Walker fit but Gino no chance.

If we are without Roberts or Ginnelly I'd say 3-5-2 as well or whatever we played v Raith. 

I'd have Haring CM though. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, TynieGaffer86 said:

Yes, Dundee "over ran" us all the way to a 6-2 thumping. More of the same please.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Let's hope the review of the medical dept has been successful!!

That’s what I thought immediately when he went down, I know the Doctor changed but not sure if any of the rest left. Stendel went through them for the level of their work not long after he arrived. 

Kidd’s Boots
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s what I thought immediately when he went down, I know the Doctor changed but not sure if any of the rest left. Stendel went through them for the level of their work not long after he arrived. 

Karen Gibson is conspicuous by her absence, for anyone of 8 or 9 reasons according to JKB

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeens liable to turn  celtic over we've got to beat hibs for a few reasons, inc a final appearance...id fancy us to beat the sheep.....🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Bit ott for a muscle pull.

He was obviously struggling to walk, maybe just to take the weight off it. Miraculous recovery 🙏🤞

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was obviously struggling to walk, maybe just to take the weight off it. Miraculous recovery 🙏🤞

Changed days indeed. 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, JoeHarper said:

I hope Neilson thinks the same, ignore super Joe at your peril my friend.

MODS, punt this green muppet.

My chum on .net, Boston Hibby, (caravan dweller), thinks we get an awful lot of penalties.  I understand that Porteous is a thug and if we're running rings round him, a penalty may well be on the cards.  And a red card.

Hibs have bit of a history of red cards against us at Hampden.  Wonder what odds Hibs penalty and red card in the game would be?

It would be ironic of gollum to send a player off for two yellow offences after his inability to send McGregor off v the dons.   Granted he awarded three penalties, that will change as well.   I am not expecting any pens from him now.   He most likely won't book or send anyone off until late in the second half. 

I just hope we don't need any favours.   If anyone gets sent off for them  I hope it's blatant and not questionable.   After their two goals down, frustrated and out of ideas.   

Edited by HMFC01

Arthur Morgan

I honestly can't see us winning this one, and was really disappointed to see Ginnelly pull up on Friday, as I think he was our best chance at really having a go at them. I don't think we have enough games under our belt either, and tbh it's a farce this game is still going ahead. We have looked poor at the back and only really let off by poor finishing from inferior players, or a wonder save from Craig Gordon. It's a real shame we didn't manage to get him in last season as I reckon we would still be in the Prem if it wasn't for Pereira.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

My chum on .net, Boston Hibby, (caravan dweller), thinks we get an awful lot of penalties.  I understand that Porteous is a thug and if we're running rings round him, a penalty may well be on the cards.  And a red card.

Hibs have bit of a history of red cards against us at Hampden.  Wonder what odds Hibs penalty and red card in the game would be?

Pretty poor betting on Skybet to be honest, no mention of a red card or build a bet so far. However, Hearts to get a penalty 7/2 and to score a penalty is 5/1. If you fancy another Hampden demolition, 5-1 is 200-1 or if you are feeling cautious, Hearts in extra time is 12/1

I assume Halliday is not cup tied? On bench in 1/4s but un used sub. 

Or have they thrown away all the cup tied rules for the restart of this, as Nesbit would be out for them ? 

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Boston is a serious Hearts hater going by his posts on sisterfister.net, bin the *****

I was all for pulling out of the competition a few weeks ago, now its here I'm well up for it.  Playing it down as the league is more important is nonsense, its a SC semi final against Hibs, they don't get much bigger for Hearts. Gino plays, we win. 

8 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

MODS, punt this green muppet.

Are opposing fans not allowed on your site my friend?  I'm not a mutant, merely a mere mortal unfortunate enough to support the hibs lol

15 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

Are opposing fans not allowed on your site my friend?  I'm not a mutant, merely a mere mortal unfortunate enough to support the hibs lol

Find it weird that rival fans would want to post on another team’s message board. But then it is Hibs. Most on Twitter seem to have Hearts on notification.

18 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

It's H1b5 not Hibs. Always will be!!!! Natural order!!!