• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Harry Potter

• J.T.F.Robertson

• Restonbabe

Well am awake now. Might as well get up and turn the heating on. It's bloody freezing. Now the question now is do I wake up the kids 2 hours before they are ment to get up for school 

so i can have an early night or will it backfire as its a half day and they will have a siesta at 3pm? 

Edited by Restonbabe

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

my nerves are shot, cant mind that last year.

I can but don’t ask me about yesterday.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Restonbabe said:

Well am awake now. Might as well get up and turn the heating on. It's bloody freezing. Now the question now is do I wake up the kids 2 hours before school starts so i can have an early night or will it backfire as its a half day and they will have a siesta at 3pm? 

Maybe school will be cancelled.

Салатные палочки

Sleet and lightning here on the West Coast just now. Was going to leave early today but think I'll let this pass first 😦

I also got woken up at 4am on the dot by thunder in NW Edinburgh.  Looked outside and it was covered in snow.

Went back to bed until my alarm and looks like rain has started to turn the snow into slush, thankfully.  Wasn't sure what the forecast was going to be for the snow today, and expected the worst.

Edited by frankblack

The Future's Maroon

Folk/news saying it was only Edinburgh....well it woke me up in Dunfermline and hearing others over Fife region heard it bad too.

2020!

Governor Tarkin

Didn't hear any thunder in SW Edinburgh, but my back garden looks like Narnia this morning. Pity it's not going to lie as the boy will love this.

IMG-20201204-WA0004.jpg

34 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Didn't hear any thunder in SW Edinburgh, but my back garden looks like Narnia this morning. Pity it's not going to lie as the boy will love this.

IMG-20201204-WA0004.jpg

Lovely garden bud, 

We've got a few cm's of snow here in the Borders, don't think it'll last as it's raining now and more heavy rain forecast for later.

Didn't hear any thunder down here.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

IMG-20201204-WA0004.jpg

Nice summerhouse out of interest where did you buy it

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Nice summerhouse out of interest where did you buy it

Cheers bud. Built it myself from scratch. 

IMG-20201204-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20201204-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20201204-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20201204-WA0016.jpg

Dennis Reynolds

I slept through the first bang (whey oh) but the wife woke up to have a look which woke me up. The second one lit up my room and I absolutely **** myself at the thunderclap 🤣 Probably the loudest I've heard.

I P Knightley
49 minutes ago, Barack said:

That'll be a lovely sex dungeon once it's completed.

:biglaugh:

I bet the decking to the side is really a trapdoor to the real dungeon where all the young Fritzls are.

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I bet the decking to the side is really a trapdoor to the real dungeon where all the young Fritzls are.

We need more Fritzls IMO ☹

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:
2 hours ago, Barack said:

That'll be a lovely sex dungeon once it's completed.

It is finished, boys, and can confirm it provides excellent cold storage for the hookers bodies. Especially at this time of the year.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Pro job imo. :smile:

Cheers bud. First attempt at anything like this.👍

IMG-20201204-WA0048.jpg

Getting back on topic.  Weather has gone from snow to absolutely pissing it down this afternoon in Edinburgh.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have flash flooding in places.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Getting back on topic.  Weather has gone from snow to absolutely pissing it down this afternoon in Edinburgh.

Gutters running high round my way already.

27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It truly is horrendous out there.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

It truly is horrendous out there.

And we can't even have a pub snow and rain day. :(

15 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Every taxi I’ve had handles it better than a BMW, they’re not worth a sook

I've had a 3 series for the last 4 years, never had a problem. BMW invested a lot of money into their traction control system and ot works really well. Also, I can switch it off and have fun whilst driving.

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, superjack said:

I've had a 3 series for the last 4 years, never had a problem. BMW invested a lot of money into their traction control system and ot works really well. Also, I can switch it off and have fun whilst driving.

You must be a professional driver superjack😁

As for the snow last night. I drove on to the bypass in the early hours this morning and it’s the worst I’ve seen it, didn’t look like a gritter had been anywhere near it.

57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not long back from the airport and there is a lot of standing water.

Bypass was more spray than anything else, but Bilston has a lot of standing water, as does Penicuik, Leadburn & through past Peebles, we seen a huge difference from the time we went through to the airport to coming back and that was only an hour or so later.

If the rain keeps like this, the roads are going to be horrendous by late afternoon.

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Have had a 1 series for the last 5 years and have no issues driving in the snow. One day dropping someone off after work there was a slight covering of snow on the ground, the amount that a weak fart would clear. A land rover in front of me was struggling to get up the hill so pulled into the side of the road, I drive round it and up the hill without any issues.

luckyBatistuta
44 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Have had a 1 series for the last 5 years and have no issues driving in the snow. One day dropping someone off after work there was a slight covering of snow on the ground, the amount that a weak fart would clear. A land rover in front of me was struggling to get up the hill so pulled into the side of the road, I drive round it and up the hill without any issues.

Must be a hell of a lot of hopeless drivers behind the wheel of BMWs then, because I see them more than any brand struggling in snowy conditions.

29 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Must be a hell of a lot of hopeless drivers behind the wheel of BMWs then, because I see them more than any brand struggling in snowy conditions.

I like to think of them as the Clarkson drivers screaming power while digging ruts in the snow and getting nowhere.

My winter tyres go on next week since I'll be heading back to Scotland for Christmas

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I like to think of them as the Clarkson drivers screaming power while digging ruts in the snow and getting nowhere.

My winter tyres go on next week since I'll be heading back to Scotland for Christmas

:lol:

Have a good one bud, hope the wee fat beardy man is good to you😊

Wow that's something eh. The whole the sky down here just lit up and now it's hailstones. 

What's going on up Edinburgh 

I've got a lightening cavalcade happening right now in front of me down the borders on the east coast. It's over the sea and it's light strobe lights you see at a concert. Not heard. No thunder just flash, flash then after a few more seconds flash. And heavy heavy rain. 

The entrance to my village is flooded by the eye stream. Dunno how the A1 is. I can't see any lights coming up it 

Yeah, just got a load of extreme hale battering off my windows.   Really loud thunder and the lightning is brighter than normal.   Hard to sleep now.   Flash spells of intense rain. 

Think its going away, then comes back.   All quiet now, some distant noise heading south west. 

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

This is nuts...within 10 mins snow has blanketed the road and streets outside

Still coming down...glad I'm inside and not out

Driving up the south bridge and through to Marchmont. Roads were clear, but wet. By the time I got to the meadows, it was completely white. The hailstones felt like they were going to come through the windscreen, never seen them come down with that force before. Loads of flooding and icing over badly. Just had a wee spin in the Sick Kids car park. Top of Argyle Place looks like an ice rink.