****The Ophishial Arbroath V Hearts Matchday Fred****

Pans Jambo

Friday 23rd October 2020 at 19:45.

Away to Arbroath at Gayfield Park.

Round 2 of the 2020/21 Scottish Championship.

Live on BBC Scotland. Coverage from 19:30.

Robbie says Arbroath will be difficult to beakdown as their back 4 are well drilled and have been together for a long time. Despite that they lost their league opener 3-0 to Raith Rovers & got a man sent off. 

I’m going for a 3-0 win for the JT’s. 
Mon the Hearts!!!

Discuss.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Greedy Jambo

• iantjambo

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Robbie says Arbroath will be difficult to beakdown as their back 4 are well drilled and have been together for a long time. Despite that they lost their league opener 3-0 to Raith Rovers & got a man sent off. 

Mon the Hearts!!!

Discuss.

Good start to the thread PJ,  3-0 to the Hearts.

avhudtheteeshirt

Its one of the banana skin games, easy away win 0-4, or tight 0-1.

Hope its the first score, but as a life long Hearts fan it can easily be the 2nd!!!

First indicator of our ability to remain consistent.

Last week was a lesson in great finishing, hopeully more of the same tomorrow.

Going 0-2

bringonthesevco

I reckon we're going to come out the traps flying in most games this season, so I'm going Hearts/Hearts for HT/FT in every match ...6/5 this week against Arbroath. 

Got a lovely 13/8 on the same bet against Scumdee last week...

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mon the Hearts!!!

Discuss.

Their ground is very compact and they will sit in deep and try and hit us on the break.

It will be a test as to how good we are at trying to break down stuffy defences.

The earlier we score the better because that will force them out. I wonder if this might be a game where Robbie might start Wighton? 

Crucial we do not lose top spot even on gd as gawd knows what the clowns will do of it all gets stopped but look at the luxury we have now, we can play even without SN!

Steve on bench, Gordon in goals Boyce Smith etc, if Arbroath aint keeking themselves now they never will, that goes for vermin next week as well. Saying all this we have to maintain standards hard work will bring rewards slacking off means a disgruntled JKB.

There will be a lot of swinging balls into the box and it may be the easiest way to score - that and shooting from outside of the box which we seem to be very good at!

5-0 to Hearts.

27 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

hearts -2 every week is the bet for free cash

Hearts 3+, 4+, 5+ goals with Sky Bet is my go to wager.

3 goals gets your overall stake back, 4 makes a tidy profit and 5 = happy days.

August Landmesser

According to the internet (I know...) they've got a longer pitch than we do, but our is wider; 105mx65 vs 98mx68, time to ditch the wingers and play some hooooofball?

Clear sky and gentle breeze forecast for KO time too - perfect conditions for a hammering.

Francis Albert

I get what Robbie is doing in talking up Arbroath but he goes a bit far in saying it is NEVER an easy place to go.

I was at Gayfield when we put 7 past Arbroath in the second tier.

Will be a real test as to whether we can break down a team that sits back. Will happen a lot this season but hopefully speed on the wings added to goals coming from anyone, should give us the upper hand. 

I'm going for a professional and minimum fuss 2-0 Hearts.

Walker and Boyce with the goals.

This will be anything but pretty but 3 points and no injuries is the objective.

The Old Tolbooth

Just pin up on the dressing room wall which way they voted and their comments at the time, no other words needed. 

GERRINTAETHUM!!!! 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

He was knocked out by them last season in Challenge Cup.

Only beat them by a goal twice.

Lost to them at Tannadice.

All with Shankland the magnificent playing for them.

Think he's just being coy. Take 2 nil, no injuries, say thank you & onto Hibs.

This could be a similar game to the Cowdenbeath cup game. I hope we win comfortably but it would not surprise me if this was just a 0 - 1.

Scorers: Boyce, halket, haring, Roberts 2, Lee, walker.  Result 0-7.

Arbroath to display pantomime defending.  Hearts to display focused attacking, ferocious counter-play and resounding confidence. 

Taker yer medicine you sour plums.   Just step aside, there's a maroon train coming to your town. 

Anyone think we might be wearing the third kit for this match?   The all black with maroon trimming.   Or the away blue strip with alternate shorts, except maroon.  Thinking of a colour clash. 

I hope we can rack up the goals but i think its unlikely. A professional 2-0 would be a good job well done. Arbroath don't lose many at home. I think they only lost 6 games at home in 2 years and only conceded 10 goals at gayfield last season. It will be freezing cold,  wet, windy (haven't actually checked the weather I'm just assuming because it arbroath), minging pitch and they will sit in and make it difficult.

Edited by andydog

A 1-0 win with no injuries will do me, with next weeks game in mind. Obvs wouldn't say no to a barrowload with no injuries.