Let's go Dodgers.....

Poseidon

The World Series Dodgers. 

Don't mind who wins, BTW. But the LADs are a big name, so mon the Rays. 

Edited by ri Alban

Gutted the Braves choked. Its been a long time since their glory days on the early/mid nineties. Almost as bad as the scottish national team's qualifying record for major tournaments since 98!

As someone with a soft spot for Toronto BlueJays, I actually also have a soft spot for the slightly purer form of the game in the national league (as I see it - could be sentimental twaddle!) so for that reason - 'mon the Dodgers! But even more so - 'mon baseball.

The Rays offence looked poorer than I was expecting and the Dodgers are so patient at the plate that they're going to tire out the Rays pitching and then come up with the big hits when it counts. 

My man crush on Clayton Kershaw shows no signs of diminishing. Would love it if he gets the final out to win it all. A perfecto in game 4/5 maybe asking a bit much though 🤔 

9 minutes ago, Boof said:

As someone with a soft spot for Toronto BlueJays, I actually also have a soft spot for the slightly purer form of the game in the national league (as I see it - could be sentimental twaddle!) so for that reason - 'mon the Dodgers! But even more so - 'mon baseball.

I'm with you, I like the NL with the pitcher hitting,  always created an interesting dynamic in interleague/WS games but I reckon it's maybe gone for good after this season

Anyway, I'm already getting ahead of myself, I've vivid memories of Game 2 in 2017.....

Will leave further comment until after tonights game!

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I'm with you, I like the NL with the pitcher hitting,  always created an interesting dynamic in interleague/WS games but I reckon it's maybe gone for good after this season

What's happened this season? I mean specific to DHs?

1 hour ago, Boof said:

What's happened this season? I mean specific to DHs?

Both leagues adopted the DH this season for player safety concerns around Covid etc and I think the feeling is that the universal DH may remain. There were a few other rule tweaks that are more likely to go back the way they were.

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Both leagues adopted the DH this season for player safety concerns around Covid etc and I think the feeling is that the universal DH may remain. There were a few other rule tweaks that are more likely to go back the way they were.

Cheers - hadn't noticed that.

4 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Gutted the Braves choked. Its been a long time since their glory days on the early/mid nineties. Almost as bad as the scottish national team's qualifying record for major tournaments since 98!

Big Braves fan here myself. A lot of similarities between Hearts and the Braves in the way they leave you feeling as a fan. Best Post season in 21 years though so need to try and take some positives. Wouldn't grudge the Dodgers it this time. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Yeah not the same having the DH in the NL this season. 

It's a win win situation, Tampa would be a triumph for a small market team. The Dodgers got cheated by the Astros' sign stealing back in 2017. LA also lost to my Red sox in 2018, Sox manager Alex Cora was a major part of the sign stealing scandal, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was, to a lesser extent, some cheating involved there too.

Since my Brew Crew didn't make it (lost 2-0 to LAD in first postseason round) I'm all for the Tampa Bay Rays taking home the World Series this year.

Edited by VikingHeart

7 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Big Braves fan here myself. A lot of similarities between Hearts and the Braves in the way they leave you feeling as a fan. Best Post season in 21 years though so need to try and take some positives. Wouldn't grudge the Dodgers it this time. 

👍 Have to admit I've lost track of MLB over the years so im sure you will know a lot more about how the Braves have been doing (and baseball in general) than me but I always look out for their scores though and all things Atlanta in general. Comes from having family emigrate there from Edinburgh in the mid 80s. I was lucky enough as a kid to spend a month out there in 93 during the school summer holidays and got to go and see 3 matches so that caught my interest as a 13 year old. Hopefully that's the start of another decent few years for the Braves 🤞

My Baseball team.......purely on my Dads purchase of a pennant 39 years ago on a family trip to Florida.

No....the pennant is not for sale.

Rays bats do have some life in them after all. I do hate a bullpen day though and feel that May and Gonsolin should hopefully see fewer innings from here on out.

Still feeling confident that that the Dodgers next 3 starters, Buehler, Urias and Kershaw will have enough, coupled with decent offence, to be at least 3-2 ahead going into the last two. 

Good series so far.

Once again Dave Roberts will have a lot of questions to answer if the Dodgers don't see this through. 

He can't keep going back to guys he hopes are going to do it even when recent results suggest otherwise.  Jansen is done as a closer right now, his cutter visibly isn't cutting as much as it did in his prime and you can tell he's nervous/lacking in confidence. And then there's Baez, who must have one of the worst inherited runner scoring % in baseball giving up the dinger. 

What could have been a potentially comfortable night for Kershaw and the Dodgers now becomes a must win IMO.

Arozarena though, what a story. And a lot of credit to the Rays for battling and making it a great series (for the neutral!)

LA Dodgers 2020 World Series Champions!

What a slog it has been, I went to my first Baseball game in 1995 and have followed the Dodgers since. Some great players, some shockingly wasteful years and now finally a complete team who have won it all.

A little help along the way last night from Kevin Cash and the Covid lab potentially but the players stuck to the plan and ultimately did the job.

I've been critical of Dave Roberts over the last few years but he's not put many steps wrong this time and has instilled an amazing mentality amongst that group of players. What a reaction following on from that game 4 loss.

Unbelievably pleased for Clayton Kershaw to get his ring finally, easily in my top 3 sporting heroes in my lifetime (along with Robbo and Rudi) and can't stop watching the replays of him trying to soak it all in.

5 months of more normal sleep patterns ahead before it all begins again....

Ah well. Knowing Yasiel Puig remains without a World Series title and has an all-time World Series batting average of .148 does take the sting out of the Doyers' victory a fair bit.

World series simpletons. Hugging and kissing a player who/whom tested positive with covid. 

Edited by ri Alban