Debt collectors - scum

Tynieman

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But you paid up👍

Of course, it was a debt I was liable for that I just couldn't afford at the time.

Companies like Scott & Co draw no distinctions and can make folks lives an utter misery. I ****ing hate them. 

Would gladly torch the *******s.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckyBatistuta

• Dawnrazor

• IronJambo

• hmfcbilly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Of course, it was a debt I was liable for that I just couldn't afford at the time.

Companies like Scott & Co draw no distinctions and can make folks lives an utter misery. I ****ing hate them. 

I get where you're coming from GT 👍

luckyBatistuta
50 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Same here, and like many during that time, we could afford to pay but refused to because of the complete unfairness of the poll tax.

I've heard that many people got theirs wrote off, not me, paid every penny I was due and the rest, and like you said it was my/our debt, it wasn't a case that I was trying to get off with it, because the council/Scott & Co had you every which way, they were going to get their money from you one way or another, I just made sure that I never willingly paid the feckers.

Council tax, different kettle of fish entirely.

Yeah, heard that from quite a few folks. Was gutted at the time, but was glad really to get it off my back.

21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You missed the top man

F8D9ED5B-3FA8-4DBD-B4FE-22D046551C14.jpeg

they really like having a go at him but leave his usual partner alone

vic-agent-profile-small-1.jpg

been here before
55 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You missed the top man

F8D9ED5B-3FA8-4DBD-B4FE-22D046551C14.jpeg

McCrackens alright but he just has a knack of winding folk up for no apparant reason. His mate Vic "talk to me instaed" gets it far easier.

Im far more a fan of the Bohill/Pinner combo. Subtle, soft but nae messing.

Wouldnt want to be crossing big Lawrence Grix and his wee bitch Kev though.

N Lincs Jambo
7 hours ago, Gone said:

You go to court

Not in my business. Usually the people who end up owing me money is because they have had a seriously downwards change in their fortunes. I take the expense of going to court and although I will probably win, the courts will order repayment at about £5 a month. Even then they will not enforce the repayment schedule.

N Lincs Jambo
5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

It goes as far as it needs and people are paid what they're owed.

Sorry Dawnrazor but that’s not always the case. I’m owed a serious amount of money accrued over 15 years from various sources. I know I’ll never recoup it. It’s the downside of the business I’m in and I knew in advance there would be some level of debt to me before I got started.

Just now, N Lincs Jambo said:

Sorry Dawnrazor but that’s not always the case. I’m owed a serious amount of money accrued over 15 years from various sources. I know I’ll never recoup it. It’s the downside of the business I’m in and I knew in advance there would be some level of debt to me before I got started.

I should've said "it should go as far as it needs".

I understand that some people get away without paying and that's out of order, some people obviously have hit hard times and they should be allowed extra time to repay but it's the ****ing chancers that **** the job for everyone, and there are chancers, my mates ex wife knew she was going to go bankrupt and took out 10 grand on a card with absolutely no intention of repaying, these sorts want flogging.

I really hope you get what you're owed.

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Imagine if you had torched the place, got caught and sent to jail.   Roof over your head, 3 meals a day, time to study for your masters degree, use of the gym, free medical and dental and as much sex as you like.  Win win.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Imagine if you had torched the place, got caught and sent to jail.   Roof over your head, 3 meals a day, time to study for your masters degree, use of the gym, free medical and dental and as much sex as you like.  Win win.

😁

N Lincs Jambo
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I understand that some people get away without paying and that's out of order, some people obviously have hit hard times and they should be allowed extra time to repay but it's the ****ing chancers that **** the job for everyone, and there are chancers, my mates ex wife knew she was going to go bankrupt and took out 10 grand on a card with absolutely no intention of repaying, these sorts want flogging.

Cheers buddy. It won’t happen though. On one level I quite like the story of your mate’s ex wife - purely on the basis that the card companies love people creating debt as they know most will pay. I’m not condoning it btw but if you compare card companies with some of the traders the old Rangers owed money to.....

N Lincs Jambo
11 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Don’t forget the access to all the hard drugs you could imagine 😂😂

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

While folk shouldn't be doing that, if it's credit card debt, the only ones who'll get hurt with dinghying the debt are the banks, and those ****ing shysters can **** right off if they think I'll worry about them. They ****ed the entire global economy without giving a **** about anyone else so excuse me if I don't give two shiny shits if they lose a 5 figure sum. Hell, if she was about to go bankrupt, the bank should've cancelled her card before she went nuts. Hell ****ing mend them. 

10 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

While folk shouldn't be doing that, if it's credit card debt, the only ones who'll get hurt with dinghying the debt are the banks, and those ****ing shysters can **** right off if they think I'll worry about them. They ****ed the entire global economy without giving a **** about anyone else so excuse me if I don't give two shiny shits if they lose a 5 figure sum. Hell, if she was about to go bankrupt, the bank should've cancelled her card before she went nuts. Hell ****ing mend them. 

It's the attitude of "I'm not going to pay this back" that boils my piss, no matter how much it is, it should be paid back in my book. 

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I have friends on the force so this has never really been a problem.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, been here before said:

McCrackens alright but he just has a knack of winding folk up for no apparant reason. His mate Vic "talk to me instaed" gets it far easier.

Im far more a fan of the Bohill/Pinner combo. Subtle, soft but nae messing.

Wouldnt want to be crossing big Lawrence Grix and his wee bitch Kev though.

Del and dael father/son combo get the job done as well👍🏼...that wee kev definitely got bullied at school😆

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

they really like having a go at him but leave his usual partner alone

vic-agent-profile-small-1.jpg

Surely the most job-suited name of all time. His full name: Elmore Victor. Or in shorthand: Mr E. VIctor

N Lincs Jambo
49 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I have friends on the force so this has never really been a problem.

😂😂😂 nice one. All the best stuff comes from the force, or so I’ve heard 😐

been here before
34 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Del and dael father/son combo get the job done as well👍🏼...that wee kev definitely got bullied at school😆

'Get the clamp from the van Kev'.

'See if theres another way in Kev'.

'Go round the back and see if anythings happening Kev'.

'Stay in the van incase wardens turn up Kev'.

'Move the van and block the driveway Kev'

You just know one day Kevs going to snap and take a few bodies with him.

51 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Del got kicked out of the police because of drugs

12 hours ago, Locky said:

I wish. They ****ed up my wages and I got a letter telling me I owed them money within the first 2 months of starting for them. :lol: ****s.

:D

To be fair, if you're due money, you get it. Well I'm still waiting 6 months later on my rebate. Hopefully next they said. :jambobanana:

2 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Ssssshhh!   I didn't mention the drugs as I did not wish GT getting grief with the jail 'Mr Big' for not paying his drug dues.  I suspect the 'debt collectors' there may not be so polite as those at Scott & Co.  ;)

luckyBatistuta
37 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He's a bellend 

He’s the best one on the show imo, love it when he’s on with Elmore...There was one show where they were at a garage and I thought he was about to get a kicking. It’s the only time I’ve seen him genuinely on edge.

8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You'll easily get a CCJ/Scottish equivalent for a figure of tens.

For as long as those things are on your file your credit rating is gubbed. That's at least 5 years, and then add on the endorsements on accounts that are just showing a string of late payments that'll hang around longer after they finally have closure on them. Maybe that's quicker than you think and we both have a different idea of quick. 

Your first sentence just isn't true. It's far easier for companies to sell a debt rather than chase every £50 through the courts. There is, again I'm told, quite a lot of competition in the collection business so companies can recoup a decent amount by selling debts in bulk rather than chasing each individual debt. And I include collection agencies in the term companies.

About 5 years for a credit score to return to normality is quicker than I would have thought, so yes it does seem to be that we have differing opinions of 'quicker than one might expect'. 

millerjames398
3 hours ago, been here before said:

'Get the clamp from the van Kev'.

'See if theres another way in Kev'.

'Go round the back and see if anythings happening Kev'.

'Stay in the van incase wardens turn up Kev'.

'Move the van and block the driveway Kev'

You just know one day Kevs going to snap and take a few bodies with him.

I stand corrected, its not kev i was thinking of..it was that wee max, he defo got bullied at school..or got no hugs from his mum😆

millerjames398
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Del got kicked out of the police because of drugs

Didn't know that, although you could see him skimming a couple kilos off of a big consignment..to help pay for daels university fees of course😉😆

18 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Funnily enough I had a builder from the west side of Edinburgh in to do an extension on my house 2 years ago and it turned out to be an absolute disaster. Great reviews on trusted trader, came down, new our budget and promised the earth so gave him the gig. His guys worked about 4 hrs a day so it quickly fell behind schedule. When I raised my concerns early doors he just fobbed it off with if I pull them up they will just leave! Never filled me with confidence. Ended up having enough and putting them off the job mid October and not even half finished. They left us with a leaking roof for over a month as he didn't pay the roofer to come and finish the job, after 10 days his 2 joiners still hadn't fully stripped out and fitted my new kitchen and the final straw was when I was having to pay his suppliers direct for the materials as he never had a pot to piss in. It was then a few of the subbies (who I paid direct out our budget) told me the guy had an interesting past. He used to tell me himself that he was a tax inspector in a previous career. He didn't tell me he defrauded the revenue out of hundreds of thousands and did time for it though! A quick Google of his name brought up his history from old news stories. The problem was he shares the same name as our current no.1 goal keeper so unless you put tax inspector at the end of his name you only got football stories! Sorry for digressing, moral of the story i guess is stay away from that ex tax inspector builder if you have any sense and its another story thst lays claim to not trusting a tax inspector (or ex one!)

A blast from the past not heard anything about him for years he was a driver for me (phc) what a difference in my tax bills when him and his wife done my returns 

2 hours ago, butch said:

A blast from the past not heard anything about him for years he was a driver for me (phc) what a difference in my tax bills when him and his wife done my returns 

😂😂 at least he was of use to some folk. Clearly better at tax returns than starting and finishing extensions. Glad he spread his knowledge of the system though...almost a bit like a modern day Robin Hood 🤣🤣 if only he had applied that logic to my building, wouldve saved my pregnant wife no end of stress at the time. 

22 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Whole different topic but it amazes me they don't teach a class called "Life Skills" or whatever in secondary school for stuff like this instead of some of the extra ***** my boys get over and above their subjects. A teacher told one of them not to hold doors open for the girls because of "equality" FFS. School Careers Officer advice was also a complete waste of time in my experience.

Our careers advisor was nicknamed the dream killer. My mate wanted to be a PT. She told him that would be too difficult and tried to get him to apply for a sports science degree.

Hes now a fully qualified PT with his own business 😭

totally agree though, a life skills class would have made a lot of sense. I think Social Ed is supposed to be that, but it turns into just putting condoms on fruit and watching 1990s videos about why drugs are bad.. 

Ainsley Harriott
14 hours ago, Herbert said:

He's a bellend 

He has a bellend beard and too much hair gel. Frustrated gay is my guess

14 hours ago, Smack said:

Your first sentence just isn't true. It's far easier for companies to sell a debt rather than chase every £50 through the courts. There is, again I'm told, quite a lot of competition in the collection business so companies can recoup a decent amount by selling debts in bulk rather than chasing each individual debt. And I include collection agencies in the term companies.

About 5 years for a credit score to return to normality is quicker than I would have thought, so yes it does seem to be that we have differing opinions of 'quicker than one might expect'. 

Companies will issue the decree/ccj and it'll get passed on later.

I once had 7 default notices, all issued for differing amounts from £50-£3k. My credit "rating" took a beating for ten years due to closed accounts slowly disappearing and one of them recording a missed payment for every month after the loan period was due to end.

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He has a bellend beard and too much hair gel. Frustrated gay is my guess

He was definitely bullied at school and is too thick for the police so has to dress up like one and annoy people that are due money. The old boy on cant pay is a decent guy seems to have a bit  empathy for those in trouble. I seen a episode the other day and they repossessed a guys pub and the guy was locked in his flat up stairs. Bellend got the police cause he said there is a gun and he is scared for his life. The police got in and the old guy was in the corner greetin away and bell end went in acting the big man. They even asked if he was gonna pay, the guy was past phoning samaritans.